The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The TNA thread - catch it whilst you still can!

+25
Ché Guerrero
marty2086
JCmag82
Good Golly I'm Olly
temporary21
Electric Demon
wheelchair1991
DrDeath
Enforcer
Hero
Kay Fabe
Scott is Back
Crimey
Marky
talkingpoint
The_Enigma
Dolphin Ziggler
dyrewolfe
Samo
Fernando
adamk
Dr Gregory House MD
nadeem2099
Prometheus
Adam D
29 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The TNA thread - catch it whilst you still can! Empty The TNA thread - catch it whilst you still can!

Post by Adam D Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:16 pm

Thought I would start a thread where you can discuss the latest TNA episode each week and discuss the latest news.

I thought I would kick off with a funny comment that happened on this weeks show.

Joseph Parks was interviewed and he mentioned how he had fallen on hard times (and how it could be his new gimmick "hard times Joseph park"!) but how he lost all his money by investing in Tout!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The TNA thread - catch it whilst you still can! Empty Re: The TNA thread - catch it whilst you still can!

Post by Prometheus Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:17 am

Tumbleweed

I've not seen this week's don't know if I'll get the time to. Is next week's (i.e. tomorrow in the States, next week in UK) the "live" event?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

The TNA thread - catch it whilst you still can! Empty Re: The TNA thread - catch it whilst you still can!

Post by Adam D Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:49 am

I think the live show tomorrow is on Sunday here followed by the ppv later that night.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 1:08 pm

The Joseph Parks character is much better than the monster Abyss. Hopefully it wasn't a one off and TNA do more segments with him, be it comedy or wrestling wise.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 23 Jun 2015, 3:43 pm

Rumours that Dolph Ziggler might be going to Tna - http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/590385-exclusive-update-on-dolph-ziggler-possibly-leaving-wwe-for-tna-news-on-zigglers-wwe-future

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 23 Jun 2015, 3:47 pm

Adam D wrote:Rumours that Dolph Ziggler might be going to Tna - http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/590385-exclusive-update-on-dolph-ziggler-possibly-leaving-wwe-for-tna-news-on-zigglers-wwe-future

You criticise meltzer at every turn then post this?!?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 23 Jun 2015, 3:59 pm

There are also rumours that an NXT contract will be the prize for the King of the Mountain winner Very Happy
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 23 Jun 2015, 4:02 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Adam D wrote:Rumours that Dolph Ziggler might be going to Tna - http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/590385-exclusive-update-on-dolph-ziggler-possibly-leaving-wwe-for-tna-news-on-zigglers-wwe-future

Laugh

It is a no foundation story but at the same time I hadn't seen it elsewhere.

Also,New taping a announced in the impact zone in July - http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/6463-New-Dates-Announced-for-TNA-Wrestling-Tapings-at-Universal-Studios-Florida

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by adamk Tue 23 Jun 2015, 4:20 pm

Adam D wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:

Laugh

It is a no foundation story but at the same time I hadn't seen it elsewhere.

Also,New taping a announced in the impact zone in July - http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/6463-New-Dates-Announced-for-TNA-Wrestling-Tapings-at-Universal-Studios-Florida

How often do they do TV Tapings? I'm there in September and would love to catch a show (if still running), I've checked NXT and I don't think its on while I am there Sad

adamk

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 23 Jun 2015, 4:27 pm

NXT is 10th September
TNA will be out business
Maybe see if ROH are in town Ok!

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by adamk Wed 24 Jun 2015, 9:09 am

Fernando wrote:NXT is 10th September
TNA will be out business
Maybe see if ROH are in town Ok!

Please tell me where you have seen NXT is the 10th of September as I am there then and would love to see it Yahoo

adamk

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 24 Jun 2015, 1:03 pm

Adam D wrote:

Joseph Parks was interviewed and he mentioned how he had fallen on hard times (and how it could be his new gimmick "hard times Joseph park"!) but how he lost all his money by investing in Tout!

Nothing else is drawing so we need to go back to taking digs at WWE again!

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 24 Jun 2015, 1:34 pm

While I like Joseph Park as a character, I think someone in TNA Creative has a short memory (or they've done more hiring and firing, so no-one knows).

The last time they did this, Eric Young had a fairly lengthy "friendly" feud with him, trying to help him see he and Abyss were the same person...the whole unmasking with the mirror thing.

It was shortly after that he got his new outfit, complete with cartoon supervillain mask (I always preferred his old outfit as it seemed to suit him better somehow).

Maybe it needs to be announced somehow that Abyss is prone to amnesia, as well as schizophrenia?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 25 Jun 2015, 12:07 am

There has been plenty (Little) of talk this afternoon about a ‘major event’ rumored for Impact Wrestling’s live broadcast tonight on Destination America.

The Pro Wrestling Torch’s Wade Keller is saying nothing has been reported to him directly, but he has heard Impact tonight is going to be a ‘significant and historical’ show for TNA as a company. He added that the show is going to make headlines for ‘newsworthiness,’ rather than a normal wrestling event like a big debut or title change. Keller added that he heard from a reliable source that whatever is being talked about will change perception of TNA, and it will be positive and exciting news for the company.

Speculation has been ongoing, from a Ring of Honor invasion (since they share a network home in Destination America), to something to go with Jeff Jarrett’s recent comments on social media about plans in the works.

----------

£20 Tito Ortiz is back Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 25 Jun 2015, 3:02 am

That major news:

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 25 Jun 2015, 3:13 am

More on the above:

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 25 Jun 2015, 4:34 am

Pretending its 2007 again wont make their 2015 issues go away.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 25 Jun 2015, 9:46 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
More on the above:
Spoiler:
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 25 Jun 2015, 1:09 pm

Sounds good and definitely worth watching.

However, is this just going to be a one-off thing, or does it mark the start of a major new story (invasion)?

More importantly, does it herald a shift (preferably a revolution) in TNA's creative process, which has usually been far and away its biggest Achilles' heel?

The actual wrestling has rarely been poor. Its been giving the talent logical and exciting reasons to be in their particular feuds.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 25 Jun 2015, 4:36 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
However, is this just going to be a one-off thing, or does it mark the start of a major new story (invasion)?

What do you think will happen?

To me, I don't see much sense in this. TNA in effect has used its TV time to advertise GFW, when it could have been advertising its PPV.

Now, I expect Adam would tell me that this was advertising the PPV as JJ is in it, JJ invented the KotM and it has people talking.

I think he might have a point. But, JJ is not wrestling in GFW so this makes TNA look like an easier proposition. If he wins then what is the point of 48 year old Jarrett who will not be on any further shows going over? If he loses, who cares? If he brings GFW talent to fill some vacant spots in the competition, again who cares? Which GFW talent are TNA viewers $40 excited enough to watch? Let's not forget that GFW is still playing to a few people in baseball parks. Having them tune into TNA is not going to bump your figures.

Is JJ involved in a deal to buy TNA? Well, why spend so much time building GFW and then buying TNA. What does TNA have worth buying? A brand... and followers. But 50% of them disappeared when they changed channel so how many will stay to watch TGFWNA? The only piece of value I could see is if Destination America has said "we'll keep showing TNA, but we won't deal with Dixie and the management any more". Then TNA becomes worth very little to Dixie and more to someone looking for a TV home for GFW. Well, if you have had these discussions with Destination America, why not just sell them GFW?

Maybe I'm missing something in this. Maybe there is a lot more of the story to unfold. Maybe it is so simple that JJ wanted to say a proper goodbye and Dixie reached out to him.

In theory there should be a lot of benefits in working together. GFW is doing what TNA is not (touring) and TNA has what GFW does not (a TV contract). But both of those seem to be struggling to support just the one brand that it is very hard to see how the two could pull from each other on it.

Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 25 Jun 2015, 5:31 pm

Maybe it's a lot simer than all of that.

jJ going in the hall of fame and this was part of he deal?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 25 Jun 2015, 5:43 pm

Oh totally Adam. But then again, I ask myself why would Dixie reach out to JJ and let him plug GFW, when they could have been selling Slammiversary?

And you can come back and say "because we are talking about this, he is appearing at Slammiversary, it is a POV pitch".

That's a valid point. It's not how I'd have done it. I don't see the business logic, but I don't run a wrestling show.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 25 Jun 2015, 6:16 pm

Slammiversary is going to be a joint production event with GFW, much like Bound for Glory was.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 25 Jun 2015, 6:23 pm

Good, that should get them an extra 10 viewers.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 25 Jun 2015, 6:50 pm

LOW-KI ロウ・キー セカイノ戦士Verified account
‏@OneWorldWarrior
I have decided to part ways with @IMPACTWRESTLING. My very best to them in their future. Thank you to all the fans who joined the adventure.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 25 Jun 2015, 8:08 pm

Adam D wrote:Maybe it's a lot simer than all of that.

jJ going in the hall of fame and this was part of he deal?

He's going to become World Champ and leave with the title Very Happy

The TNA thread - catch it whilst you still can! Original

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 25 Jun 2015, 9:13 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:LOW-KI ロウ・キー セカイノ戦士Verified account
‏@OneWorldWarrior
I have decided to part ways with @IMPACTWRESTLING. My very best to them in their future. Thank you to all the fans who joined the adventure.

Just when the BDC were taking over.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 25 Jun 2015, 9:17 pm

well JJ does still have a % share of TNA. Maybe he'll sell it after he made his appearance.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 25 Jun 2015, 10:20 pm

Seems that some TNA talent will work with GFW as part of this 'deal'.

Jarrett gets to promote GFW, entered into HOF, talent to work his shows. TNA get a guy in the KotM match at their PPV. Still doesn't add up to me.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 26 Jun 2015, 12:09 am

James StormVerified account
‏@JamesStormBrand
At the end of the day no matter what, I thank the fans for the last 18 yrs and No One can't say I didn't do my way. #CowboyWay #WorkHorse

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 26 Jun 2015, 10:44 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:James StormVerified account
‏@JamesStormBrand
At the end of the day no matter what, I thank the fans for the last 18 yrs  and No One can't say I didn't do my way. #CowboyWay #WorkHorse

At this rate, if RoH or GFW did invade, all they'd find is Rock Star Spud turning off the lights.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 26 Jun 2015, 1:09 pm

Prometheus wrote:Oh totally Adam.  But then again, I ask myself why would Dixie reach out to JJ and let him plug GFW, when they could have been selling Slammiversary?

And you can come back and say "because we are talking about this, he is appearing at Slammiversary, it is a POV pitch".  

That's a valid point.  It's not how I'd have done it.  I don't see the business logic, but I don't run a wrestling show.

I think Adam's answer makes as much sense as anything else.

There doesn't seem to be anything saying that JJ and GFW's involvement is going to stretch beyond this one-off show.

For his part, Jarrett does still have ties to TNA and maybe this is simply his way of signing off for good.

Agree it doesn't make any sense in the long-term for TNA, but it would appear they are a company in crisis and are clutching at straws, going with any ideas they think will draw more viewers, even if its just on a short-term basis.

Perhaps they know their days are numbered and are just looking for ways to go out with a bang?

This would appear to be confirmed with the likes of Gunner, Storm and Low-Ki bowing out. Wonder how many more will Tweet their goodbyes before the end (probably not long after next year's Maximum Impact 8 UK tour)?

If this is indeed the case, it would be great if a network would pick up GFW as a replacement...assuming TNA hasn't made everyone nervous about wrestling shows.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 26 Jun 2015, 1:22 pm

I quite agree dyre, this could just be what it is. No swerves, no chair shots, its just JJ doing a final match in TNA which gives Slammiversary something of interest and allows him to sign out as he'd want to.

But man. 4 weeks away from GFW TV tapings, with no deal announced and he's playing around in a TNA ring? It just makes no sense to me. Why not be doing what is your future and you've been working flat out on? Why take the risk of a bad bump and breaking your ankle or something that will slow you down on making GFW a success? None of that would make any sense to me unless there is something bigger in play here.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 26 Jun 2015, 3:04 pm

Ive seen the results for the next 3 weeks and i honestly hope Destination America pulls them off the air ASAP Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 26 Jun 2015, 10:18 pm

Jeff Jarrett spoke with Busted Open Satellite radio and talked about his recent return to TNA Wrestling. Here's what he had to say:

“One of the things, as me and Karen and my team discussed when this whole thing was tabled was… remove me as the emotional and me and Karen’s and all the emotions that go with this decision … the ups and the downs. The fact that TNA reached out and wanted to work, knowing full well the upmost respect they have shown over the last 7-9 days of Global Force Wrestling, them saying ‘Yes. We will work with you because Jeff, you are Global Force Wrestling at this time… You’re the founder of it; you’re getting this thing launched.’ I would be contradicting myself and my mission statement, our mission statement.

“We want to bring and want to work together with all promotions. Obviously WWE Sports Entertainment – leader in the marketplace – they have no reason … it makes zero sense on their behalf because of the machine they have. In my opinion, all the other promotions are scratching and clawing and fighting for market share. So, do we have to marry one another? No. But can we have a handshake agreement to work with one another? Yes. So just a business flat out decision, them saying they would like to work with Global Force, it would be contradictory. So yes, we welcome that. I’m excited about the potential… and I use the word very strongly, the potential of the future. We’re working on those things. But I am, as a wrestler, laser focused on a little over 48 hours from now and going out and having a hell of a match and really focusing on that. I know there’s… just what you said… all the rumors and circulation and that’s great, and rightfully so, but we’ll address those matters at the appropriate time.”

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 27 Jun 2015, 2:18 am

Magnus is apparently done with TNA too and will be working for GFW (after Slammiversary) but it hasnt been announced as he'll be on the tapings after.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 27 Jun 2015, 3:27 pm

James Storm has been granted his release from TNA.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:42 pm

What a time to go on holiday!

To all those I bet money with about Tna being around on DA after September. You know I was joking right?

I don't care if the lifeboats have been deployed, I am going down with this ship! Still like the show better than the others!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sat 27 Jun 2015, 5:49 pm

I at least understand why get Jarrett back. They needed 5 wrestlers for the KotM match.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 28 Jun 2015, 8:40 am

Angle:
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 28 Jun 2015, 4:17 pm

Adam D wrote:Still like the show better than the others!

You clearly haven't watched Lucha Underground or ROH then!

Despite all the trouble and drama surrounding TNA on what now what seems like a daily basis, I for one will be sad to see TNA go out of business if it happens. Regardless of how the company was ran, wrestlers still had the opportunity to craft their skills and do what they loved whilst being paid. With Lucha Underground's next season still up in the air, it's said to think where all these wrestlers from TNA will go to find work.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 28 Jun 2015, 10:25 pm

Anyone else looking forward to watching the self-destruction of TNA tonight Whistle

TNA needs re-branding even if GFW doesn't take over. TNA as a name is synonymous with alot of bad things in Wrestling right now and could use a fresh start.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 28 Jun 2015, 10:48 pm

I'm actually this close to staying up, because its obvious that Karen is going to screw Jeff in KotM and will announce she now has control of TNA, which will be one of the best angles of the year.

Alternatively, I'm happy to miss it as a 48-year old competitor promoter is going over in the only match of interest.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 28 Jun 2015, 10:58 pm

I'll be awake so I'm gonna put it on. Considering the only good thing that they're doing is midweek it does seem pointless.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 28 Jun 2015, 10:59 pm

For the first time in a long time, I will be recording TNA Slammiversary and will try and catch the main event tomorrow morning. It's crazy if you think about it, I fully expect the PPV to draw slightly better figures because I'm sure casual fans will want to tune in and find out what the future of the company holds.

More TNA News - Apparently Awesome Kong, Taryn Terrell and Austin Aries are expected to finish up with TNA following tonight's show. All 3 have their contracts coming to and end and it's expected that TNA can't afford to keep talents.

TNA Slammiversary XIIII - Classic TNA!

- Despite not scheduled to appear at the PPV, Kurt Angle is the only wrestler that appears on the promotional poster to hype the event.

- Of the 8 match card, only 1 title will be defended

- Why wasn't Match 5 of the Best of 5 Series Match scheduled on what is one of the only PPV cards they run all year? In-fact, with weeks in advanced already taped for national TV, wouldn't the outcome of this match already been booked during the latest TV tapings?

- What on earth is the King of the Mountain Championship? Is this going to be a title that's only defended in this type of match-up? Will the next title defence take place in 5 years time?

- TNA actually did a fairly decent job in building James Storm Vs Magnus. However, both are scheduled to finish up with the company following the show. How do you close off a storyline with both wrestler's leaving.

- What are we expecting to happen? GFW to invade? TNA & GFW to merge?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 29 Jun 2015, 1:22 am

Well so far nothing interesting is happening. Although Robbie E just delivered a very decent little promo

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 29 Jun 2015, 1:32 pm

If double J was able to buy out TNA, would he merge it with GFW or keep them separate companies with a kind of partnership or 'brand' arrangement (like Raw and Smackdown)? It would seem weird if double J merged TNA with GFW, keeping the GFW name when TNA was his original company and he would be back in control of it. But, then again GFW is his new organization, one with a different focus/niche to TNA and I can understand he may feel Dixie's poor management has left an indelible stain. It would be sad to see TNA end so ignobly.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 29 Jun 2015, 1:51 pm

Caught the show last night and have to say most of it was pretty good.

I also now understand why the Vader - Bram match was kept short. Poor old guy looked like he should be at home with his feet up, or spending a quiet afternoon fishing or something...anywhere but in a wrestling ring.

The "Jarrett segment" seemed like a fairly straightforward plug for GFW, more than anything. The number of times both of them said "Global Force Wrestling"...it was like they were trying to imprint the name on the audience.

That said, something Jeff said did make me think there might be more future tie-ups between the two promotions...assuming TNA does not, in fact, fold.

With all the talent leaving TNA and at least 1 going over to GFW, if the rumours are correct, maybe TNA will become a sister franchise or development arm of GFW? Maybe similar to what NXT is for WWE? It doesn't look like they are going to have much in the way of recognised talent left, so I can't see them securing another TV deal if and when the DA deal comes to an end.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 30 Jun 2015, 9:13 pm

Pro Wrestling Illustrated, one of the longest running pro wrestling magazines, announced this week that the publication is no longer recognizing the TNA World Championship as a World Title.

Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 01 Jul 2015, 3:14 pm

Observer radio notes:

In regards, to the JJ / GFW situation. There's an invasion angle planned, Jeff gains the trust of Dixie, and then turns heel on her. He'll bring in some guys to help take over the place(Magnus and James Storm, are names he threw out, but I'm assuming as examples.) While there was nothing about it during the current tapings, it'll probably just start with backstage segments.
Magnus has not actually signed to GFW, and is only working some of their house shows. So while he could be part of a TNA invasion force, for now he's only doing house shows, nothing major.
They're probably waiting to do the Invasion, until after Jarret is in the Hall of Fame(Because it's soo important)
For the invasion, GFW was basically the last choice. ROH said no, and they're no longer with W-1 either. So they have no Japanese presence. A W-1 invasion in general, would be silly though, since to the fans it's basically a bunch of "who are these guys?" AAA and CMLL would be close to impossible(AAA for obvious reasons), so they settled on GFW basically.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next