The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The TNA thread - catch it whilst you still can!

+25
Ché Guerrero
marty2086
JCmag82
Good Golly I'm Olly
temporary21
Electric Demon
wheelchair1991
DrDeath
Enforcer
Hero
Kay Fabe
Scott is Back
Crimey
Marky
talkingpoint
The_Enigma
Dolphin Ziggler
dyrewolfe
Samo
Fernando
adamk
Dr Gregory House MD
nadeem2099
Prometheus
Adam D
29 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The TNA thread - catch it whilst you still can! - Page 2 Empty The TNA thread - catch it whilst you still can!

Post by Adam D Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thought I would start a thread where you can discuss the latest TNA episode each week and discuss the latest news.

I thought I would kick off with a funny comment that happened on this weeks show.

Joseph Parks was interviewed and he mentioned how he had fallen on hard times (and how it could be his new gimmick "hard times Joseph park"!) but how he lost all his money by investing in Tout!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The TNA thread - catch it whilst you still can! - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA thread - catch it whilst you still can!

Post by Prometheus Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:18 pm

So TNA is going to be invaded by its own guys, because they couldn't find anyone else to invade them and if it was GFW personnel then TNA fans wouldn't know who they were either.

I guess the common ground was that neither organization seems to have a TV deal *ouch*
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

The TNA thread - catch it whilst you still can! - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA thread - catch it whilst you still can!

Post by Fernando Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:20 pm

The problem is now everyone will see this and not care. A bit like when Aces & Eight's went too long it's got awful written all over it.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:42 pm

Why would anyone invade TNA anyway?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:50 pm

Marky wrote:Why would anyone invade TNA anyway?

To get on TV. Oh, maybe that not such a good idea now.

Do you think that a combined TNA / GFW has more appeal to Destination America as a show? I don't really see it, because I don't see how they will be able to run super cheap like RoH can and we've still got a wrestling show, which apparently is harder to sell advertising space for than 'Yeti Hunters in Nebraska'.

So, it's not the worst angle in the world. It might even be interesting for a week or two. But I don't see for TNA where this goes past September on Destination America. So the only place it can go is that GFW "closes down" TNA and then goes on to its own gig either on Destination America or somewhere else, and I'm still not seeing why this is good for TNA. Unless Jarrett (or his backers) buy TNA. And unless that is for super cheap, I just don't see the attraction in buying TNA that might not have a TV contract, it is realising its wrestlers or they are leaving and other than a hardcore of 3-400K fans just doesn't seem to come with much for me.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:56 pm

For me it's disappointing for TNA and GFW that they have resorted to this.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:40 pm

This is an interesting appointment. Seems to have a strong TV background

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/6480
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:33 pm

I can see why Jarrett, in kayfabe, invades TNA. His new company want to take back control of his old company and take their TV slot and audience base etc.

Its a fine idea for TNA, but it seems pretty much make or break from GFW. They are now forever tainted as TNA.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:39 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I can see why Jarrett, in kayfabe, invades TNA. His new company want to take back control of his old company and take their TV slot and audience base etc.

Its a fine idea for TNA, but it seems pretty much make or break from GFW. They are now forever tainted as TNA.
Unless they win the invasion and publicly exorcise tnas demons.

What really annoys me about all of this is that as fans we shouldn't care what goes on backstage with regards to TV deals, late payslips blah blah blah.

As a fan, I only care what is put on screen. For the most part, the wrestling and storylines in Tna are pretty good and have been for a while. The tapings have need a screw up (but only if you read spoilers). Taken on face value, I still prefer Tna over any other show bar possibly Lucha underground.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:59 pm

Regardless of my opinion of TNA, if GFW invade and beat them, basically they become them and they carry on the tainted image of TNA. Theres nothing fresh about them if they jump into bed with TNA.

The PPV was so very bad too. The foresight around the KOTM match especially.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:50 pm

This invasion angle is IMO just such a stupid idea. GFW is in no way established, so you can't be waiting to see if their champ is better than EC3, or have dream matches, which can now happen. And that's what really makes it work, we are invading, here we are. That's pretty much what WWE did with WCW and they completely ballsed it up because they didn't deliver those dream matches. And here, I don't think there even are any to deliver!
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:07 am

Prometheus wrote:This invasion angle is IMO just such a stupid idea.  GFW is in no way established, so you can't be waiting to see if their champ is better than EC3, or have dream matches, which can now happen.  And that's what really makes it work, we are invading, here we are.  That's pretty much what WWE did with WCW and they completely ballsed it up because they didn't deliver those dream matches.  And here, I don't think there even are any to deliver!

I see where you`re coming from. And yes, an invasion by GFW is hardly earth shattering. The way I see it, from a kayfabe perspective it works in the fact that Jeff is the founder of TNA and could have an axe to grind, wanting to prove he made TNA (not Dixie) and as such he can also break it.

I think though that basically, wrestling is really struggling right now. WWE is in a league of its own and there will never be another Monday night war. GFW was always going to struggle to get TV time. It almost feels as if several companies need to come together and create some sort of syndicate in which they each get a share of a TV/network deal in order to support one another. Unless of course, GFW does what TNA have always failed to be able to do, and that is get people to pay to watch their shows. GFW could grow much quicker than TNA presently with the right business model and marketing strategy. But, I don`t think GFW will take off and outgrow TNA at least not to begin with. Looking at their roster, I can`t see it attracting enough people.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:04 am

And another one joins the "invasion"

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:20 pm

Not much to add to whats already been written, but agree all the publicity will destroy any attempt at maintaining the illusion of a storyline.

Kind of a Catch 22 situation really. They need the publicity to get peoples' attention, but at the expense of negating any real surprise or interest at what unfolds at the shows...which is pretty much what they did with JJ's KOTM match.

Not that I'm any expert, but surely there had to be a better way of selling that match and promoting any future tie-ups between TNA and GFW.

As for Eric Sherman being appointed TNA's new Chief Strategy Officer...seems a lot like being named commanding officer of the British Army unit at Rorke's Drift...
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:42 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:

As for Eric Sherman being appointed TNA's new Chief Strategy Officer...seems a lot like being named commanding officer of the British Army unit at Rorke's Drift...

Yes this is a curious one. On the one hand, with the present state of the company it might be too little too late for him to make any decisive transformations. On the other hand, it is a positive step to take to hire someone of his experience to help the company. It proves Dixie at least realizes that she needs qualified, experienced people around her. Is his appointment a sign that Dixie realizes the DA deal is done, there is no future for TNA on DA and so she needs someone to steer TNA to a better deal? Or is he purely in charge of TNA's international TV deals?

Yet again, the potential of TNA is there! With the right people behind the camera now and the talent they have had/still have, TNA could really be something special. But, until Dixie finds a way of making money domestically in America, then I fear that TNA will never achieve what it is capable of. I think TNA need to move out of Universal Studios and find venues where they can charge money to see impact. They need to focus on the areas with their strongest fan base and grow slowly but stably.

However, I fear that Dixie is going to go the digital media route and just end up making impact wrestling a youtube show. nope

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:11 pm

I see TNA's objectives as:

1. Secure a US TV deal past September that enables them to keep running at something like their current expenses.

Whether this is DA or some other media, is to me immaterial. But without a US TV deal I don't believe that organization can last past Christmas. What seems to be happening already is a braces tightening exercise with these contracts not being renewed. That in itself is not IMO a huge issue for TNA. As it makes little sense on either side to have talent tied to exclusive and expensive contracts when they are only working a few weekends a year for TV taping blocks. But, if TNA can not continue to hire wrestlers that their fans know, have invested time in and are good in the ring, they are in a very bad place.

2. TNA needs to decide what it is
And importantly, what it isn't. I'm a wrestling fan, but I watch maybe an hour of TNA per month. For me it is WWE-light, I don't need to watch it because I have 5+ hours of WWE that I can watch already. There was a time I'd have watched because of the X Division. I might even have watched because Kurt Angle was there and having good matches. I'm not going to watch just because there is a 6-sided ring. I don't think women's wrestling is a draw and I don't think the Knockout division is anywhere near as good as TNA supporters would have you believe.

3. TNA needs to sell something
Right now we know they are not selling ad revenue for Destination America. They are not selling tickets to their shows in the US. They are not selling PPVs (only one this year and I'd be amazed if that topped 5,000 buys). I'm going to sound like Alan Sugar here, but I don't care if you are a wrestling promotion, Apple or a guy selling apples in the market you have to make money on what you do.

4. TNA needs to build for the future
I don't know what LU is paying some of the AAA wrestlers. I don't know what PWG is paying ZSJ and Will Ospreay. I don't know what GFW is paying some of its guys. But my point is there is wrestling talent out there, lot's of it. TNA needs to decide what style it will be and start to engage and recruit exciting talent who wrestle this style.

5. Billy Corgan needs to earn his keep
And honestly I've no idea if he is being paid a hill of beans, or whether he even invested. So I mean metaphorically. He's been there a while now. He's head of creative. They've just had a taping. Please tell me that all he's bringing to the table isn't new music for the horrible Dollshouse, MVP using the "n" word and someone getting thrown under a train.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:31 pm

I think TNA will always be 'WWE Light' to those who aren't currently invested in the product. I think this is Dixie's purpose in being in the pro-wrestling industry. She looked at WWE's profits and decided she wanted a piece of that pie. She even said as much in an interview last year. I don't mean to say Dixie isn't a true wrestling fan, but I feel her priority as president of TNA is to make money, not create the most innovative product she can. Therefore, WWE will always be her model.

TNA definitely needs to make money - their revenue needs to come from somewhere. I think they need to charge for attendance. With their current TV model of programming, they won't get their money from PPV sales. If the title is going to be contested every other week for free on TV, people won't pay for it on PPV. Therefore, I think it needs to come via attendance & merch.

I wholeheartedly agree they need to build for the future. They need talent who can use the 6-sided ring to create exciting spots while knowing how to use it to tell great stories. They need to strengthen their tag-team division again and bring in some really exciting teams who can create some 5* matches with the Wolves. They need to focus on younger talent in their 20s and 30s with a few veterans who can mentor and guide them and bring in some name value.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:07 pm

I guess I'm a capitalist at heart, so I've no problem with a company having an aim to make money. Indeed, I encourage it. But if Heyman is to be believed (and I'm sure other sources exist too), TNA has been spectacularly bad at that.

And if we take Dixie's pre-wrestling career in PR as her strength, then why do we keep hearing stories like wrestlers aren't communicated with about major developments, management doesn't have any answers when talent ask questions, Spike was lied to about Russo's involvement, Dixie inadvertently copied a DA exec on an email that called DA personnel idiots.

But, much like the TNA product, there is nothing new in anything that I'm saying. The bottom line, is the bottom line that TNA are not producing a product that it seems anyone wants to pay good money for.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:15 pm

Just what is the end game with the GFW deal? If theres an invasion angle then its lose/lose as far as I can see because either side is going to get buried. Either GFW is dead before it starts or TNA finally get put to rest. Not to mention winning doesnt look great for TNA anyway because they beat a brand new promotion, whoop de doo.

Is GFW going to completely take over and it'll all been a work to rebrand TNA to try and wipe the slate clean?

BTW, I've read up on Impact and it sounds like a really good show, alot of people saying its been their best show on DA by a long distance.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:22 pm

Samo wrote:Just what is the end game with the GFW deal?  If theres an invasion angle then its lose/lose as far as I can see because either side is going to get buried.  Either GFW is dead before it starts or TNA finally get put to rest.  Not to mention winning doesnt look great for TNA anyway because they beat a brand new promotion, whoop de doo.

Is GFW going to completely take over and it'll all been a work to rebrand TNA to try and wipe the slate clean?

It's really hard for me to even try to defend this invasion angle as I think it is all wrong. But I expect the kay fabe win-win is that TNA fights off GFW so they win. But GFW take some TNA wrestlers, so they win. Wow, even writing that doesn't make sense. And obviously they can choose to sporadically keep this going, e.g. when the KOTM is contested on GFW then some TNA wrestlers could try to win this back. They could have an annual x-over Survivor Series style PPV. etc.

Away from the ring. This has got both TNA and GFW talked about 100x more than they were before Jarrett appeared on Impact last week. And both organizations seem to be in a place where that is good, whatever the long term outcome.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:15 pm

Dixie, PR professional, caught retweeting bought and paid for clone twitter accounts during Slammiversary.

Also: http://whatculture.com/wwe/33-wtf-moments-from-tna-slammiversary.php/2

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:42 pm

Samo wrote:
BTW, I've read up on Impact and it sounds like a really good show, alot of people saying its been their best show on DA by a long distance.

Can I just remind us all that the line up for this show is:
Losers must disband match - BDC vs The Rising
TNA Tag Team Title Match final in the best of 5 series 30-min iron man - The Dirty Heels vs The Wolves
Knockouts Title Match
TNA World Title - ECIII vs Angle

This is 3 days after the PPV that had the watered down X Division title and the KOTM which was won by someone from another organization.  Its a great card, but it really pees down on the idea of selling a PPV.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:17 am

Caught (most of) the show last night and enjoyed most of what I saw.

Missed the BDC vs The Rising match but was in time to hear the result. I guess they're letting Drew Galloway and the others go, as otherwise it makes little sense to disband a faction that had only just got going.

The Iron Man match between Dirty Heels and the Wolves was brilliant, but with hindsight the outcome was pretty obvious, given Roode and Aries are bound for pastures new. Still a great match though.

Knockouts title match was completely missable. Have to say I've really gone off Taryn since she turned heel and the Dollhouse are just awful. Just don't understand why female heels need to be ghastly screeching harpies. Gail Kim OTOH was a great heel. No screaming, no tantrums, the "look at me" posturing kept to decent levels...

Just for a change (and this applies to all recent heels) it would be nice to see a smart, savvy / capable character who doesn't need to rely on interference from henchmen / bodyguards / associates to win. Now and again is okay, but as with all plot devices, it gets old fast with overuse.

The main event was suitably epic, even if the outcome was, once again, pretty obvious. Both Angle and EC3 were on top form. The loudest crowd I've ever heard in the Impact Zone...on a par with the New York crowds during the Dixie / Bully Ray feud. Can't help but wonder if GFW will make a pitch for these guys. Ethan Carter III the last ever TNA World Heavyweight Champ?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:55 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:The main event was suitably epic, even if the outcome was, once again, pretty obvious. Both Angle and EC3 were on top form. The loudest crowd I've ever heard in the Impact Zone...on a par with the New York crowds during the Dixie / Bully Ray feud.

Really? I thought it was terrible Erm Erm Laugh The crowds were way louder when they were in Orlando back in 05-09.

Tuned in and out of this week's show and must agree, the Best of 5 Series Iron Man Match was been incredible, as a matter of fact the whole series was very enjoyable to watch. The Main Event was decent although two things really bugged me about the match.

A. Josh Matthews. Why is the play-by-play commentator only heel for Ethan Carter III? I could probably count on one hand the amount of play-by-play commentators who can actually pull of being either a heel or face. Josh isn't by any means a bad commentator, but I thought he really didn't add anything to EC3's character or put him over.

B. Tyrus. The match was always going to be decided on what Tyrus did because that's pretty much how EC3 has been booked the past 6 months. Tyrus should have either been ejected from the match early on, or Tyrus takes a self inflicted bump that takes himself out of the match. Both commentators should have played out to the fact that EC3 was about to get what he deserved, he would have come across a lot stronger following the roll-up.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:16 pm

My DVR recording was unwatchable again. I swear it's the only show that machine hates Very Happy
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:24 am

ANyone in London on Monday 13th who might be up for doing an interview?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:42 am

The_Enigma wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:The main event was suitably epic, even if the outcome was, once again, pretty obvious. Both Angle and EC3 were on top form. The loudest crowd I've ever heard in the Impact Zone...on a par with the New York crowds during the Dixie / Bully Ray feud.

Really? I thought it was terrible Erm Erm Laugh The crowds were way louder when they were in Orlando back in 05-09.

Tuned in and out of this week's show and must agree, the Best of 5 Series Iron Man Match was been incredible, as a matter of fact the whole series was very enjoyable to watch. The Main Event was decent although two things really bugged me about the match.

A. Josh Matthews. Why is the play-by-play commentator only heel for Ethan Carter III? I could probably count on one hand the amount of play-by-play commentators who can actually pull of being either a heel or face. Josh isn't by any means a bad commentator, but I thought he really didn't add anything to EC3's character or put him over.

B. Tyrus. The match was always going to be decided on what Tyrus did because that's pretty much how EC3 has been booked the past 6 months. Tyrus should have either been ejected from the match early on, or Tyrus takes a self inflicted bump that takes himself out of the match. Both commentators should have played out to the fact that EC3 was about to get what he deserved, he would have come across a lot stronger following the roll-up.

I only started watching in 2009. raspberry The crowds probably were better back then, but I can't remember that far back.

Was trawling YouTube and found some reminders that TNA was actually pretty good at one point. Actually, the wrestling was often dodgier, but there was more drama, better crowds and a better arena setup.

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:06 am

A 2009 main event with Sting v Foley v Angle v Jarrett. I dont know how TNA ever failed.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:55 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:A 2009 main event with Sting v Foley v Angle v Jarrett. I dont know how TNA ever failed.

Did you forget to use [sarcasm] tags, or was that a genuine comment? Its often hard to tell with you Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:21 am

I refuse to answer that Very Happy

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:59 am

3 men and a dog watch Eric Young call out Jeff Jarrett in a 4-sided ring

Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:21 am

An issue between TNA and Lucha Underground has led to a number of planned TNA TV segments being pulled from upcoming episodes of Impact Wrestling, storylines being dropped and one recent TNA signing being dropped from the company, PWInsider.com has learned

At the center of the controversy with Shawn Hernandez, who recently returned to TNA and became part of the Beat Down Clan after appearing on the first season of Lucha Underground on The El Rey Network.

TNA sources indicate that Hernandez was signed to a deal by the company after informing TNA that contractually, he was free and clear to do so. After Hernandez made a number of appearances at TNA TV tapings, Lucha Underground approached TNA and informed them that contractually, Hernandez was still their talent, signed to their series and that he was not released from his obligations to their promotion, therefore he could not legally appear on TNA broadcasts.

As you might imagine, this put TNA into a legally actionable position where they could be sued. With Impact Wrestling already pre-filmed well in advance as well, it put the company into a terrible situation where their storylines, which are worked out well in advance, would be useless.

I am told that TNA management attempted to work out an agreement with Lucha Underground that would allow the existing footage to be used, including offering to pay Underground for Hernandez' appearances. We are told that Underground turned down all those attempts. Given that the producers of the Lucha series come from a film and TV background, I was not surprised to hear that.

Since TNA cannot use the footage, the decision was made to pull anything involving the BDC. As of today, all of their current storylines are completed and done as it would be impossible to edit around Hernandez.

I am told that starting tonight, TNA will be replacing those matches and vignettes with existing material, including some matches from the TNA Slammiversary PPV from a few weeks ago. TNA also intends to film material at their Orlando TV Tapings later this month that they can drop into the segments that are no longer available to be used.

The matches and segments that were filmed are (for now at least) completely scrapped and TNA will re-edit all of their TV.

Hernandez, obviously, is gone from TNA and until Lucha Underground begins filming additional material, is now in a position where he's losing work as TNA wanted to use him and cannot. Lucha Underground is still working to finance a potential second season, so Hernandez is not stuck off TV.

As far as the rest of the BDC, MVP, Kenny King, etc. are also effectively be off those TV episodes until TNA can get new material with those talents. So, through no fault of their own, a number of TNA talents are now off television suddenly until TNA can work them back in while talents who wrestled them also find their matches yanked.

Obviously, the TNA editing team has their work ahead of them.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:27 pm

You could not make up how badly they are managed, could you?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:27 pm

Actually gutted, the BDC, mainly MVP and King are among the highlights of impact

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:41 pm

Only surprise here is that LU haven't kicked Hernandez to the curb for approaching TNA while still under contract to them.

I know a lot of wrestlers work freelance and basically do jobs as they come along, but I can't believe the arrangements are that fuzzy, he didn't know he was still under contract to LU at the time, even though they had finished filming that series.

That said, I'm not going to miss the BDC. I feel they really lost their purpose after Lashley lost the heavyweight title. I think TNA need to disband them and find new angles for them.

Unless there is a solid storyline or an ongoing feud with a rival group, factions are pretty pointless. I really miss the days of Immortal and Fortune... Sad
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:51 pm

I think there is a lot off chest-puffing in this story to be honest. There was a story going around that because Hernandez had associations with CMLL then LU were kind of leaned on by AAA to let him go. And that made sense to me.

What happened next was that Hernandez appeared on both LU and Impact on the same night. And I think that LU felt that made them look bad. And they are scrapping at the moment. You've got to believe that they are scrapping for that TV money to make the second season. So, I think a lot of this story is due to posturing by LU to not look like TNA are a bigger promotion or taking their wrestlers.

I've no doubt that LU are in the right, because if they were not then TNA would keep its programming. But, I think that if LU had its second season already, you'd not be hearing this story.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:14 pm

Kurt Angle requires further neck surgery due to complications in his 1st op.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:39 pm

Well, it doesn't look like its going to be any skin off TNA's nose anyway, so I wish LU all the best and hope they manage to secure a second season.

Fernando wrote:
Kurt Angle requires further neck surgery due to complications in his 1st op..

Blimey! That guy's had more neck operations than title belts, hasn't he? Think he really ought to hang up his boots for good.

He was actually one of the first people I thought of after the last Impact show ended. He certainly knows the wrestling buiness inside out and presumably would have some good ideas on how to book shows.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:42 pm

His representatives have said the following...

Yesterday while Mr. Angle was preparing for his travel to the UK for Comic-Con. He was experiencing severe pain, he lost feeling in his extremities, and started to have some difficulty breathing. His wife, Giovanni, very concerned rushed him to the hospital, where doctors informed Kurt that his symptoms were the result of his recent surgery that left a large buildup of fluid on his spinal cord. Since the condition could be fatal, they immediately underwent emergency surgery to relieve the pressure on his spine. The surgery went well and doctors believe he will have a full recovery. Kurt apologizes to this friends and fans that he will not be appearing at Comic-Con in London this weekend as hoped. Kurt is doing well and we will keep you posted on his progress

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:46 pm

Poor guy, worked too hard through the pain and medication. Never really had enough time resting when he needed to.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:34 pm

One of the reasons I think he should retire from in-ring duties with immediate effect. I'd hate for him to risk crippling himself permanently...or worse...

Great to hear the surgery went well and wish him a speedy recovery.

Think he still has a huge amount to offer TNA (or any other company) with the knowledge and experience he has.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:08 pm

MVP has left TNA and is now taking bookings.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:42 pm

That Hernandez situation showing some more blow back.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:53 pm

Fernando wrote:MVP has left TNA and is now taking bookings.

I didn't know he'd left WWE.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:54 pm

It was weird watching this week's show, knowing half the guys appearing have already left or confirmed their intention to leave.

Looks like the bit-part players are suddenly going to have to step up. Can we expect to see a lot more of DJZ, Manik, Khoya, Mandrews etc?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:07 pm

Could we see the illustrious Robbie E get a world title shot??? That would be awesome.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:17 pm

Actually watched 30 mins of TNA the other day, and cant believe how bad it is!

Who is the Grado guy that was just bellybouncing people? Such a bizarre programme!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:22 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:Could we see the illustrious Robbie E get a world title shot??? That would be awesome.

I actually think he deserves it after years of being a comedy character. I've been really impressed with his recent matches with Jessie...great to see some real intensity after all the posing, "BOOM!" fist bumps and general clowning around.

It'd be nice if the writers could keep their feud simmering, leading up to Robbie being given a title shot and maybe have Jessie try to sabotage the match.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:41 pm

Scott is Back wrote:
Who is the Grado guy that was just bellybouncing people? Such a bizarre programme!

Watch what you say about Grado around these parts.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:07 pm

I cant stand that wee Grado guy, I've not actually seen him in TNA but seen him on TV on a few things and he makes me switch off everytime, has the complete opposite effect someone on TV is supposed to have, utterly cringey, actually saw him in a soap and couldn't believe he passed for a Wrestler

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:30 pm

According to PWInsider.com, TNA has changed the way a huge percentage of their talent contracts work. Prior to the last week or so, many on the roster received a monthly guarantee in addition to the per-appearance rate for each televisiontaping, live event, pay-per-view, etc. Going forward, most of those talents will not be receiving their monthly guarantee.

This isn’t a totally unexpected move from TNA, who is scrambling to cut costs in a world where they only have their domestic and international television deals keeping them going, and even the future of TV in the U.S. is up in the air at this point.

It’s likely a handful of the top drawing talent and important players going forward will retain their contracts with a guaranteed monthly check. This will likely be a “moment of truth” type of situation for many on the roster, who have been dealing with TNA’s exclusivity rules – which keep them off the higher paying competing shows – largely because of that guaranteed money coming in each month.

Numerous TNA talents are not pleased with the changes. In fact, it’s possible some talents may turn down the new per-appearance offers and wrap up their run with TNA.

-------

If this is true that's a very big nail going into TNA's coffin. Maybe they would be better be an indy company and just booking people on a show by show basis like ROH/PWG/Chikara etc.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next