The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY vs DERBYSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+6
Good Golly I'm Olly
chichestersurryfan
Corporalhumblebucket
SimonofSurrey
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

SURREY vs DERBYSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 4 Empty SURREY vs DERBYSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 31 Aug 2015, 2:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

SURREY HAVE NAMED A TWELVE MAN SQUAD FOR THEIR LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AGAINST DERBYSHIRE STARTING AT THE KIA OVAL ON TUESDAY.
Kumar Sangakkara returns to the squad having recently played his final Test Match for Sri Lanka.Jason Roy is unavailable having been selected by England for the One Day Series against Australia.
The Surrey squad to play Derbyshire in the LV=County Championship at the Kia Oval on Tuesday 1st September, Wednesday 2nd September, Thursday 3rd September and Friday 4th September :
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
James Burke
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Jade Dernbach
Ben Foakes
Arun Harinath
Kumar Sangakkara
Gary Wilson
can't see dunn in that 12 guildford #itk Wink
tough to call this one a good argument for wilson,burke or harinath to miss out
over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs DERBYSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 4 Empty Re: SURREY vs DERBYSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by king_carlos Fri 04 Sep 2015, 7:32 pm

SimonofSurrey wrote:Worth pointing out that we now have won 5 out of 6 since our only defeat (in mid-June to Glamorgan). And we had the upper hand in the rain affected 6th game, a draw at Glos. This has become a very high performing and consistent squad. It will be fascinating to see how our youngsters go next year at the significantly higher level of CC1 - and how many of this squad get call ups for England or the Lions this winter. Best case scenario suggests up to half a dozen.

Meanwhile, we are joined in CC1 next year by Lancs, whose promotion today could scarcely have been less similar: we won with a flourish by an innings as our captain concluded proceedings with a hat trick, while they clung on for a draw having been outplayed by Kent from the word go.

If we can beat them in our game there the week after next, we would be Champions with a game to spare. If we can avoid defeat, we are very likely still to be in the driving seat with one round of games to go.  

If Roy keeps his performances up he should still be involved in the one day stuff.

Given how few batsmen have shone this season all of Davies, Roy and Burns could arguably be pushing for a Lions spot. If Buttler and Bairstow are both involved in the test squad then Foakes could challenge for a keeper spot as well. Billings will be above him in that regard but I can't see Read being involved with the Lions at 37.

Ansari could challenge various squads but if not must be nailed on for the Lions having been capped against Ireland.

With close to 60 CC wickets already Pitt the younger must be in the frame for the Lions.

I think it will be too early for Pitt the even younger still. At only 17 he must be too young for a place on the ECBs strength and conditioning boot camps that a few fast bowlers have been on recently. I would certainly have reservations about him being involved in that sort of training before he turns 18 anyway.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs DERBYSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 4 Empty Re: SURREY vs DERBYSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Sat 05 Sep 2015, 11:53 am

Carlos - believe Tom Curran will need to wait until next season for a Lions game. Don't believe they tour this winter (see Div 1 thread).

Meanwhile, just caught up with the mini-highlights of yesterday's play. Poor Chesney was done up like a kipper by his skipper on the run out but calm and clever thinking by TC to throw to Foakes (Wilson out with a stiff neck) rather than have a shy at the nearer stumps at the bowler's end. Great catch as well by Foakes (I know he missed a chance earlier) to get rid of Palladino, the first wicket of Batty's hat-trick - very athletic and appearing to have an extendible arm!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:26 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Carlos - believe Tom Curran will need to wait until next season for a Lions game. Don't believe they tour this winter (see Div 1 thread).

Meanwhile, just caught up with the mini-highlights of yesterday's play. Poor Chesney was done up like a kipper by his skipper on the run out but calm and clever thinking by TC to throw to Foakes (Wilson out with a stiff neck) rather than have a shy at the nearer stumps at the bowler's end. Great catch as well by Foakes (I know he missed a chance earlier) to get rid of Palladino, the first wicket of Batty's hat-trick - very athletic and appearing to have an extendible arm!

It would be odd if they don't have a Lions tour but can't say I know a huge amount about it! With plenty of young talent around it would seem a good winter for one.

Foakes is starting to look more like the player many, perhaps prematurely, rated him as a few years ago when talk of him as a future England keeper started. So many sides struggle to find the balance between a good gloveman and batsmen. I remember a few people talking Foakes up as a good man to offer plenty of both and he is increasingly looking like he could be the part. Along with many others I look forward to seeing how he does in Div 1.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4