The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY vs DERBYSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+6
Good Golly I'm Olly
chichestersurryfan
Corporalhumblebucket
SimonofSurrey
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SURREY vs DERBYSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty SURREY vs DERBYSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 31 Aug 2015, 2:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

SURREY HAVE NAMED A TWELVE MAN SQUAD FOR THEIR LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AGAINST DERBYSHIRE STARTING AT THE KIA OVAL ON TUESDAY.
Kumar Sangakkara returns to the squad having recently played his final Test Match for Sri Lanka.Jason Roy is unavailable having been selected by England for the One Day Series against Australia.
The Surrey squad to play Derbyshire in the LV=County Championship at the Kia Oval on Tuesday 1st September, Wednesday 2nd September, Thursday 3rd September and Friday 4th September :
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
James Burke
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Jade Dernbach
Ben Foakes
Arun Harinath
Kumar Sangakkara
Gary Wilson
can't see dunn in that 12 guildford #itk Wink
tough to call this one a good argument for wilson,burke or harinath to miss out
over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs DERBYSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY vs DERBYSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Wed 02 Sep 2015, 2:14 pm

44/1 off 14. Harinath back in the hutch. Hmmm ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs DERBYSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY vs DERBYSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 02 Sep 2015, 2:56 pm

Olly wrote:Kumar has just posted a picture of a willy on his Twitter.

Says it was hacked.

which one Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 02 Sep 2015, 3:01 pm

afternoon chaps kumar got the willies literary Crying or Very sad
that's all to the crease

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 02 Sep 2015, 3:07 pm

83 - 2 after 26 overs.  Third degree on 43*.  Pity about Sanga - we need several players to make substantial scores if Surrey are to get any sort of first innings lead.

Meanwhile Lancs only managed one bowling point against Kent who are still batting on, approaching 500 after nearly 130 overs.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 02 Sep 2015, 3:09 pm

churchy tweeted earlier that wilson had a stiff neck Wink #willygate

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 02 Sep 2015, 3:10 pm

50 for third degree clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 02 Sep 2015, 3:15 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:
Olly wrote:Kumar has just posted a picture of a willy on his Twitter.

Says it was hacked.

which one Laugh

Church giggling as he said Kumar had a fiddle outside off stump was gold
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 02 Sep 2015, 3:35 pm

117 - 2 at tea.  Useful partnership of 69* between Burns and Foakes. thumbsup

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 02 Sep 2015, 3:41 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:50 for third degree clap

Burns has largely gone under the radar for much of the cricket press but he must be getting close to a Lions call up.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 02 Sep 2015, 4:27 pm

foakes goes to durston picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 02 Sep 2015, 4:28 pm

third degree into the nervous nineties Fingers Crossed

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 02 Sep 2015, 4:32 pm

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH steam steam steam

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 02 Sep 2015, 4:33 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:foakes goes to durston picard

Yeah, Durston always looks so ordinary but - although not in the Darren Stevens category, thank heavens! - often seems to pick up wickets against us.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 02 Sep 2015, 4:34 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:foakes goes to durston picard

Yeah, Durston always looks so ordinary but - although not in the Darren Stevens category, thank heavens! - often seems to pick up wickets against us.
right on cue guildford Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 02 Sep 2015, 4:41 pm

156 - 4 Some rebuilding needed as we're still only half way to the Derby total.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 02 Sep 2015, 5:09 pm

175 - 5 Davies out - bowled by leggie, Critchley, for his fourth first class wicket.  Apart from Burns our top order has not produced a lot so far.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 02 Sep 2015, 5:11 pm

Hoping that we see #ansariforengland #digin here
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 02 Sep 2015, 5:28 pm

1st batting point clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 02 Sep 2015, 5:35 pm

Bad light takes us off

Not the worst outcome for us I'd suggest
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 02 Sep 2015, 5:38 pm

Useful partnership of 37* has just about restored parity. Hopefully if Harold and #ansariforengland can put on some more good runs we might yet get ourselves a modest first innings lead.

PS - we're well placed to claim another batting bonus point and preferably two or three.

Last edited by Corporalhumblebucket on Wed 02 Sep 2015, 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Removing some nonsense)

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Wed 02 Sep 2015, 5:47 pm

They've made promising starts, so here's hoping that Zaf - ok, I'll say it - and Harold (yes, me bigging up Harold) can do a job for us tomorrow morning, and maybe beyond. Both could do with some runs, for different reasons.

Our so-so performance together with Lancs's leather chasing v Kent suggest the top two subconsciously might be easing up a bit as promotion is all but secured - not least given the weather from now on in. And it would only be human nature if one or two Surrey minds were drifting towards next Monday, too. Most of this squad probably only ever have been to Lords's before with their Dad or, possibly, to play a T20.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 02 Sep 2015, 6:02 pm

STUMPS 86 behind lovely knock from gary so far Smile

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 02 Sep 2015, 7:20 pm

Game interestingly poised.

Not bad but given our recent form and the positions of the two teams in the table had hoped for a bit better.

Anyway, clap clap to Tom Curran - how many CC wickets is that now this season - 58 I think? Incredible to think he's still only 20 and had played just 6 Champo games before this year.

clap to Burns also. He just needs to crack on a touch more and get a few even bigger scores. Disappointing that the other four in the top 5 got in but then got out (double figures for all but no one going beyond 31).  

Hope our tail (it's quite good on paper!) can take some control in the morning ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 02 Sep 2015, 9:45 pm

Didn't realise Wilson dropped two catches on day 1 (just watched the highlights on Youtube) - you'd think he needs to really go on tomorrow morning and make a telling contribution to make up for this
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 02 Sep 2015, 10:14 pm

Off to the Oval tomorrow.  I think it will be the first time that I have seen the Pitt dynasty in action, so it's a long overdue visit.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 03 Sep 2015, 11:05 am

Zaf currently has a strike rate of 40.

SLOW DOWN ZAF YOU'LL BE GETTING QUEEZY #digin
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 03 Sep 2015, 11:54 am

Burke joins the #digin
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 03 Sep 2015, 12:35 pm

305 - 6 with Zaf really digging in and Burke assisting him.

I know guildford loves the description of day 3 as 'moving day' and it is looking more pertinent than ever here.

If we continue to dig in the to justify doing so we will need to push onto 400 to justify taking that sort of time out the game.

With both Pitts and Norah still to come after Burke I would be more tempted to say attack for a quick 30-50 more then look to get stuck in with the new ball.

Given the pitch is assisting spinners I can understand the logic behind reducing the amount of time we may need to bat in a 4th innings and letting the pitch break down being the priority though.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 03 Sep 2015, 12:55 pm

Good session this morning with parity all but restored and only one wicket lost.

Would imagine we will try to reach 400, rather than the quick runs Carlos. As many runs as possible in this innings, rather than having to do it in worse conditions pitch wise on day 4.

The scoring rate will naturally increase when Norah and the Curran brothers come in anyways
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 03 Sep 2015, 1:10 pm

The gents have an excellent opportunity to take top spot in this game with Lancs 105-5 replying to 570-8 declared from Kent. Fingers Crossed

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 03 Sep 2015, 1:57 pm

Zaf and Burke have accelerated a little post luncheon to get us above 350 to get that batting point.

Now pushing onto 365-6
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 03 Sep 2015, 2:15 pm

382-6 now.

Terrific batting managing to find that balance point between digging in and being reckless that I honestly felt our remaining batsmen would struggle to find.

Zafar will be desperate for a century here to show that he can kick on and give the selectors a nudge for the UAE.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 03 Sep 2015, 2:21 pm

On a different note I was explaining the Surrey nick names to an engineer friend, and fellow cricket fan, from Pakistan.

Whilst he saluted the nick names already being used he also informed me that there is a manufacturer in Pakistan called Zephyr that make, amongst other things, tractors. He was asking about Zafar as a player and when I said he had a bit of a tendency to 'dig in' he offered Zephyr as possibly the most niche cricketing nick name of all time! Laugh

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 03 Sep 2015, 2:43 pm

YESSSSSSS 100 for son of Boris Very Happy Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 03 Sep 2015, 2:47 pm

#ansariforengland #ansariforengland #ansariforengland#ansariforengland #ansariforengland ##ansariforengland #ansariforengland #ansariforengland #ansariforengland #ansariforengland #ansariforengland
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 03 Sep 2015, 2:48 pm

clap clap

417-6 with a century for Zaf and 65 for Burke.

Wisper it quitely, but if these two can push us onto 450 then a blitz from the Pitts and Batty get it toward 500 and we could be looking at batting once.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 03 Sep 2015, 3:33 pm

Son of Boris out Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 03 Sep 2015, 3:42 pm

Still a good knock clap

453-7

I really hope we can see some fireworks from the usually powerful Burke and Pitts here.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 03 Sep 2015, 3:56 pm

what is it with this team that they struggle against medium pace mad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 03 Sep 2015, 4:03 pm

Durston's a part time offie, a decent one but still a part timer, isn't he jimbob?

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 03 Sep 2015, 4:06 pm

king_carlos wrote:Durston's a part time offie, a decent one but still a part timer, isn't he jimbob?
i meant palladino Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 03 Sep 2015, 4:07 pm

to think tom coming in at 10 today and opening in the semi final shows our batting strength Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 03 Sep 2015, 4:10 pm

489-8

With Pitt the even younger still hitting 36* at pretty much a run a ball.

Every run is very valuable at this stage.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 03 Sep 2015, 4:14 pm

baby face hits first ever first class six Very Happy
and then gets out in the nervous forties again Crying or Very sad
499 for 9

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 03 Sep 2015, 4:15 pm

500 up clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 03 Sep 2015, 4:16 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:to think tom coming in at 10 today and opening in the semi final shows our batting strength Very Happy

Which semi did Curran open in?

Or has it already been confirmed he will on the 7th with Le Roi away on England duty?

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 03 Sep 2015, 4:17 pm

5 fer for Durston picard

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 03 Sep 2015, 4:19 pm

king_carlos wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:to think tom coming in at 10 today and opening in the semi final shows our batting strength Very Happy

Which semi did Curran open in?

Or has it already been confirmed he will on the 7th with Le Roi away on England duty?
thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 03 Sep 2015, 4:21 pm

king_carlos wrote:5 fer for Durston picard
steam steam steam

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 03 Sep 2015, 4:24 pm

200 lead Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next