The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welsh injury list is serious...

+45
wrfc1980
whocares
No 7&1/2
chris_501
wayne
jammoboss
Breadvan
GavCanDance
George Carlin
Pot Hale
McLaren
SimonofSurrey
Notch
TightHEAD
Sin é
eirebilly
Duty281
Hammersmith harrier
flyhalffactory
MarcusHalberstram
GunsGerms
BamBam
Luckless Pedestrian
Fanster
Dontheman2
Gwlad
mikey_dragon
wales606
maestegmafia
kingjohn7
Gooseberry
GavinDragon
funnyExiledScot
majesticimperialman
beshocked
bedfordwelsh
munkian
Shifty
lostinwales
fa0019
SecretFly
LordDowlais
LondonTiger
RubyGuby
No9
49 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Welsh injury list is serious... Empty Welsh injury list is serious...

Post by No9 Wed 02 Sep 2015, 13:01

Well it looks like I've been done up like a kipper by a mate of mine... Usually he is spot on, but this time he is way off the mark or there is some clever tactics being played here.

Either way, my opening post now appears to be complete crud. But, as I live and die by my convictions, I'm leaving my opening post unedited below, so all can see what sh!t can sometimes come from my keyboard.

One thing I will add. Is I hope the reports today, that Warbs is fit, AWJ out for only a week and Liam ready for training is correct.

---------Original Post--------------------------------------
Just heard (from a reliable source - don't believe me, just wait and see), that AWJ injury is really a bad one, and he isn't expected to make a recovery before the end of the group stages. Also, Warbs injury is being played down, but advice from the medical teams is saying 6-8 weeks, and it looks like Liam Williams is estimated at another 8 weeks.

Not looking good for those players, but Tips is a good understudy for Warbs and Halfpenny wasn't ever going to be moved from 15, but where are we going to cover Alun Wyn...

Last edited by No9 on Thu 03 Sep 2015, 13:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Standing up to be counted... :-()

No9

Back to top Go down

Welsh injury list is serious... Empty Re: Welsh injury list is serious...

Post by RubyGuby Wed 02 Sep 2015, 13:06

AWJ's always looked problematic due to the nature of the injury - My understanding so far is that the rest are well on course for the tournament with Liam ready for the 2nd game if need be. The inclusion of Dominic Day said a lot about AWJ's injury IMO.

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 02 Sep 2015, 13:25

Even if best case scenarios are worked on, Walers are looking at going into the first game with 4 players unlikely to be fit enough to start (Lee, AWJ, Warbs, LiW).

Add in the lack of experience in the cover on the TH and you can see why Gats has been in the press mouthing off about England - his standard diversion tactic.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 02 Sep 2015, 13:25

Without AWJ we will be screwed, especially against England.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 02 Sep 2015, 13:28

Come on. Will a single player really make that much difference?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 02 Sep 2015, 13:28

downward curve, methinks... Sad

Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 02 Sep 2015, 13:35

LondonTiger wrote:Come on. Will a single player really make that much difference?

Yes.

But in saying that, he did not look too injured on Saturday, he played on for a bit and he was walking around laughing and joking as well.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 02 Sep 2015, 13:39

LondonTiger wrote:Come on. Will a single player really make that much difference?

Yep, Jonathan Joseph just may well do....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Wed 02 Sep 2015, 13:43

SecretFly wrote:

Tom Youngs also, perhaps for polar opposite reasons mind.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 02 Sep 2015, 13:47

Could say AWJ made a great deal of difference in an Eng Wal fixture a few years back where he tripped someone up and spent 10 minutes cooling his heals.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 02 Sep 2015, 13:56

Well none of them are choirboys, Lost Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 02 Sep 2015, 14:08

I think Bradley Davies and Charteris will be fine for this pool group, if AWJ doesnt recover. AWJ is our best but were not woeful when it comes to lock forwards. Biggar is the only player we REALLY cant afford to lose.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 02 Sep 2015, 14:12

Packaged air dispersed Norovirus on it's way to his address as you speak Shifty Smile

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 02 Sep 2015, 14:29

fa0019 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Tom Youngs also, perhaps for polar opposite reasons mind.

Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 02 Sep 2015, 14:32

No9 wrote:Just heard (from a reliable source - don't believe me, just wait and see), that AWJ injury is really a bad one, and he isn't expected to make a recovery before the end of the group stages. Also, Warbs injury is being played down, but advice from the medical teams is saying 6-8 weeks, and it looks like Liam Williams is estimated at another 8 weeks.

Not looking good for those players, but Tips is a good understudy for Warbs and Halfpenny wasn't ever going to be moved from 15, but where are we going to cover Alun Wyn...

No other reports what so ever anywhere, must be true if its in italics
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 02 Sep 2015, 15:06

LondonTiger wrote:Even if best case scenarios are worked on, Walers are looking at going into the first game with 4 players unlikely to be fit enough to start (Lee, AWJ, Warbs, LiW).

Add in the lack of experience in the cover on the TH and you can see why Gats has been in the press mouthing off about England - his standard diversion tactic.

We are lucky that first game is against Uruguay then, if I am honest I wouldn't have played any of them even if they were fully fit but now I would give Lee some gametime if hes recovered.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 02 Sep 2015, 16:31

I've said this a few times now but I still feel the key man for Wales is Faletau. I know Welsh fans believe Warburton can play 8 (still not convinced myself) but if Fatetau is crocked too it leaves the backrow in a real crisis.

Top 3 worst I think would be:

Faletau
Webb
Biggar

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 02 Sep 2015, 16:42

SecretFly wrote:downward curve, methinks... Sad

Wink

laughing laughing laughing laughing kiss Hug thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 02 Sep 2015, 16:48

Biggar is the only player we REALLY cant afford to lose.

WHY? It is not like he takes any kicks at goal it is?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 02 Sep 2015, 16:50

majesticimperialman wrote:Biggar is the only player we REALLY cant afford to lose.

I'd like to see his league kicking accuracy vs Ford

EDIT

His kicking accuracy for 2014/15 in the Rabbo was 86.96 % - 2nd highest in league behind Ian Madigan...

Cant see a recent one for George

Last edited by munkian on Wed 02 Sep 2015, 16:52; edited 1 time in total
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 02 Sep 2015, 16:50

AWJ is the main talisman and he will be a huge loss if out. He's also in great form so best wait n see what we have 5 mins. before each game

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 02 Sep 2015, 16:58

munkian wrote:
majesticimperialman wrote:Biggar is the only player we REALLY cant afford to lose.

EDIT

His kicking accuracy for 2014/15 in the Rabbo was 86.96 % - 2nd highest in league behind Ian Madigan...

munkian.

We are talking about international rugby. Leigh Halfpenny (Normaly) kicks the goals for Wales. and Not Dan Biggar. thumbsup

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 02 Sep 2015, 17:01

majesticimperialman wrote:We are talking about international rugby. Leigh Halfpenny (Normaly) kicks the goals for Wales. and Not Dan Biggar

I would not sweat it if either were taking the kicks for Wales. But Biggar controls the game a hell of a lot better than his counterparts. He is also very, very good under the high ball and he will always chase and more often than not catch his own up and unders. He can also find touch with a monster boot.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 02 Sep 2015, 17:12

beshocked wrote:I've said this a few times now but I still feel the key man for Wales is Faletau. I know Welsh fans believe Warburton can play 8 (still not convinced myself) but if Fatetau is crocked too it leaves the backrow in a real crisis.

Faletau
Webb
Biggar

You're spot on with Faletau and Biggar, but I wouldn't put Webb on that list. Sure, he's had a wonderful introduction to international rugby, but Gareth Davies is also a great player and was probably ahead of Webb in the pecking order before Webb seized his chance.

If I had to name a 3rd Wales player as being "key", I'd pick Samson Lee.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Wed 02 Sep 2015, 17:13

AWJ is a quality player. But I would not be too perturbed if he was out.

I would be far more concerned if it was Lee, Warburton, Roberts or Halfpenny

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 02 Sep 2015, 17:16

Having time to think about it, I am now of the opinion, that if AWJ is out although it would be a massive loss, then it should be time for somebody else to shine. Players have stepped up and made big names for themselves at world cup's. Shane Williams in 2003, Warburton in the last WC, perhaps Bradley Davies will come up trumps. You never know.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 02 Sep 2015, 17:21

LordDowlais wrote:Having time to think about it, I am now of the opinion, that if AWJ is out although it would be a massive loss, then it should be time for somebody else to shine. Players have stepped up and made big names for themselves at world cup's. Shane Williams in 2003, Warburton in the last WC, perhaps Bradley Davies will come up trumps. You never know.

I thought Charteris and Faletau also shone through at the last World Cup, and Charteris and Ball could well form a powerful combination if called upon. As you say, Davies is a good player also.

I wouldn't put AWJ on the top three key player list. Not because he isn't a top class player, but rather that it's one position where Wales are relatively well stocked.

Lee, Faletau and Biggar. You'd be Donald Ducked if one of those guys couldn't play.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 02 Sep 2015, 19:42

I know this will be seen as the dreaded commentators curse but Faletau very rarely gets injured and he very rarely gets subbed. He's like the duracell bunny as just keeps going, he played every game last WC and I expect him to do the same this year.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Sep 2015, 08:26

Have a day off

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Sep 2015, 08:32

AWJ is not that key a player for us. With the way Cement Head has stacked the squad, I would say (if nothing changes before the RWC), the three key players are Faletau, whichever hooker starts and Biggar. Then probably one of the centres, as what's behind the two starters isn't that experienced either in general international wise, or at centre full stop.

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 03 Sep 2015, 08:44

majesticimperialman wrote:
munkian wrote:

EDIT

munkian.

We are talking about international rugby. Leigh Halfpenny (Normaly) kicks the goals for Wales. and Not Dan Biggar. thumbsup

Because point kicking is harder in International rugby ? I'm going to bet Biggar's completion rate is still rather tidy.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 03 Sep 2015, 09:10

funnyExiledScot wrote:
beshocked wrote:I've said this a few times now but I still feel the key man for Wales is Faletau. I know Welsh fans believe Warburton can play 8 (still not convinced myself) but if Fatetau is crocked too it leaves the backrow in a real crisis.

Faletau
Webb
Biggar

You're spot on with Faletau and Biggar, but I wouldn't put Webb on that list. Sure, he's had a wonderful introduction to international rugby, but Gareth Davies is also a great player and was probably ahead of Webb in the pecking order before Webb seized his chance.

How many caps has Gareth Davies got though? It's not many is it?

As for difference between club place kicking and international place kicking - just because you have a good record at club level doesn't mean it will be the same at international level.

Think the biggest news is that Wales are now above England in the rugby and football world rankings. Dark days! The latter is obviously more surprising.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 03 Sep 2015, 09:24

beshocked wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Faletau
Webb
Biggar

How many caps has Gareth Davies got though? It's not many is it?

As for difference between club place kicking and international place kicking - just because you have a good record at club level doesn't mean it will be the same at international level.

Think the biggest news is that Wales are now above England in the rugby and football world rankings. Dark days! The latter is obviously more surprising.

But Biggar does. And if you have a poor club level percentage you are unlikely to have a good international one.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Thu 03 Sep 2015, 09:34

Id be concerned about your hookers staying fit

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/sep/02/wales-australia-could-face-world-cup-sanctions

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Thu 03 Sep 2015, 09:59

I'd prefer to only take 2 scrumhalves and keep it with 3 hookers. I really don't get the logic of what gatland and Aussies r doing. I almost want it to backfire.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 03 Sep 2015, 10:32

They've probably looked at the stats of previous WCs or previous 6N/TriNations etc - and have come to the scientific conclusion that the odds are they won't need a third hooker. An educated gamble based on the ever increasing use of bloody stats to answer all questions.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 03 Sep 2015, 11:35

Maybe he just went with his Gat instinct Fly thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 03 Sep 2015, 11:36

So, Warbs being out for 6-9 weeks was danglies then ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 03 Sep 2015, 11:39

No9 wrote:Just heard (from a reliable source - don't believe me, just wait and see), that AWJ injury is really a bad one, and he isn't expected to make a recovery before the end of the group stages. Also, Warbs injury is being played down, but advice from the medical teams is saying 6-8 weeks, and it looks like Liam Williams is estimated at another 8 weeks.

I guess the medical team was ejected and Jose Mourinho was brought in to advise on Warburton's injury as he's gone from 6-8 weeks on the side-lines to captaining the team on Saturday thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 03 Sep 2015, 12:10

Good news

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 03 Sep 2015, 12:35

The Miraculously 'Injured' Warbs does it again. Much too injured always to ever play in any game but the ones the Coaches want him to play in. I guess he'll be back on the 'injured' list straight after the final whistle. That bloody niggle is back. Should be okay for the .......... emmmm, which is first, England or Australia?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Sep 2015, 13:12

Hmmmmm

BBC Wales wrote:@BBCWalesSport: Double World Cup boost for Wales as prop Samson Lee back in full training while full-back Liam Williams to return to full training next week

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 03 Sep 2015, 13:20

SecretFly wrote:The Miraculously 'Injured' Warbs does it again.  Much too injured always to ever play in any game but the ones the Coaches want him to play in.  I guess he'll be back on the 'injured' list straight after the final whistle.  That bloody niggle is back.  Should be okay for the .......... emmmm, which is first, England or Australia?

Hate to stop someone mid ill informed rant but he could've played against your shower last week but they chose to rest him just in case.

Are you really one to mock with your team's history of glass back rows ?

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 03 Sep 2015, 13:23

Fly doesn't watch much rugby Munk thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Thu 03 Sep 2015, 13:41

Made my apologies for being wrongly informed in the OP. Not going to repeat to individual comments..

OKShocked

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 03 Sep 2015, 13:45

No9 wrote:Made my apologies for being wrongly informed in the OP. Not going to repeat to individual comments..

OKShocked

thumbsup
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 03 Sep 2015, 14:15

Lee is taking part in full training, Williams will be next week and AWJ's injury is a one-week issues
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 03 Sep 2015, 14:25

Good news for Wales and their clubs
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 03 Sep 2015, 14:36

munkian wrote:
SecretFly wrote:The Miraculously 'Injured' Warbs does it again.  Much too injured always to ever play in any game but the ones the Coaches want him to play in.  I guess he'll be back on the 'injured' list straight after the final whistle.  That bloody niggle is back.  Should be okay for the .......... emmmm, which is first, England or Australia?

Hate to stop someone mid ill informed rant but he could've played against your shower last week but they chose to rest him just in case.

Are you really one to mock with your team's history of glass back rows ?

The auld biter bites. I love thee well for thy Master's sake..... and all that jazz Wink

Point stands. Warburton has a history of being injured (or carrying an injury) right up until he carries off one of his all time great heroic moments of driving through the pain barrier to notch up the miraculously wonderful tackle counts.

On you go. Wink I got eyes and memories here, munkian.....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 03 Sep 2015, 14:38

Like Heaslip after his back was broken or BOD being wheeled out for a Heino match ?

Cast the first stone and all that
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next