The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welsh injury list is serious...

+45
wrfc1980
whocares
No 7&1/2
chris_501
wayne
jammoboss
Breadvan
GavCanDance
George Carlin
Pot Hale
McLaren
SimonofSurrey
Notch
TightHEAD
Sin é
eirebilly
Duty281
Hammersmith harrier
flyhalffactory
MarcusHalberstram
GunsGerms
BamBam
Luckless Pedestrian
Fanster
Dontheman2
Gwlad
mikey_dragon
wales606
maestegmafia
kingjohn7
Gooseberry
GavinDragon
funnyExiledScot
majesticimperialman
beshocked
bedfordwelsh
munkian
Shifty
lostinwales
fa0019
SecretFly
LordDowlais
LondonTiger
RubyGuby
No9
49 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Welsh injury list is serious... - Page 5 Empty Welsh injury list is serious...

Post by No9 Wed 02 Sep 2015, 1:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well it looks like I've been done up like a kipper by a mate of mine... Usually he is spot on, but this time he is way off the mark or there is some clever tactics being played here.

Either way, my opening post now appears to be complete crud. But, as I live and die by my convictions, I'm leaving my opening post unedited below, so all can see what sh!t can sometimes come from my keyboard.

One thing I will add. Is I hope the reports today, that Warbs is fit, AWJ out for only a week and Liam ready for training is correct.

---------Original Post--------------------------------------
Just heard (from a reliable source - don't believe me, just wait and see), that AWJ injury is really a bad one, and he isn't expected to make a recovery before the end of the group stages. Also, Warbs injury is being played down, but advice from the medical teams is saying 6-8 weeks, and it looks like Liam Williams is estimated at another 8 weeks.

Not looking good for those players, but Tips is a good understudy for Warbs and Halfpenny wasn't ever going to be moved from 15, but where are we going to cover Alun Wyn...

Last edited by No9 on Thu 03 Sep 2015, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Standing up to be counted... :-()

No9

Back to top Go down

Welsh injury list is serious... - Page 5 Empty Re: Welsh injury list is serious...

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:44 am

Like for like that swap!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Welsh injury list is serious... - Page 5 Empty Re: Welsh injury list is serious...

Post by eirebilly Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:00 am

I honestly cant believe the injury list that is mounting in the Welsh camp. I have never seen a team come into a RWC with as many injuries as Wales. Hope that's the end of them.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:50 am

I am honestly not bothered about the Walker injury, hard luck for the lad and sorry for him but outside the Uruguay game I doubt he would have figured much anyway.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:57 am

eirebilly wrote:I honestly cant believe the injury list that is mounting in the Welsh camp. I have never seen a team come into a RWC with as many injuries as Wales. Hope that's the end of them.

Surely you dont mean the end of Wales Wink

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by chris_501 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 10:04 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:I am honestly not bothered about the Walker injury, hard luck for the lad and sorry for him but outside the Uruguay game I doubt he would have figured much anyway.

Do you think Moriarty may come into contention for the Uruguay game? (Obviously not at wing) I would have selected him in the squad ahead of King in the first places I feel he has the ability to pull out a great performance whereas King is just always a steady 7/10 performer.

chris_501

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 15 Sep 2015, 10:30 am

For Uruguay I would go 6-Moriarty 7-Tips 8-Warburton

Fast and Furious

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by GavCanDance Tue 15 Sep 2015, 10:49 am

What's Moriarty's temperament like these days?  I haven't seen him play for Glos but I know there was that U20's red card incident. Whistle

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 12:09 pm

Wales pick another Englishman......

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 15 Sep 2015, 12:12 pm

wrfc1980 wrote:Wales pick another Englishman......

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 12:22 pm

Thats 12 foreign born players in the Welsh squad. Impressive!

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by GavCanDance Tue 15 Sep 2015, 12:26 pm

wrfc1980 wrote:Thats 12 foreign born players in the Welsh squad. Impressive!

No wonder we are so AWESOME! Hug

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 12:29 pm

Indeed, with 9 English players in your squad you are bound to be awsome.

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by GavCanDance Tue 15 Sep 2015, 12:33 pm

wrfc1980 wrote:Indeed, with 9 English players in your squad you are bound to be awsome.

That's what I said... Headscratch

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble-Surfer Tue 15 Sep 2015, 12:34 pm

Is that more than there are in the England squad? Wink

Noble-Surfer

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 15 Sep 2015, 1:23 pm

Noble-Surfer wrote:Is that more than there are in the England squad? Wink

http://www.americasrugbynews.com/2015/09/13/foreign-born-players-rwc-2015/

Nope not this time. 3 foreign born in the England squad. (And thanks to whoever posted this link 1st on the Scot's thread)

Did think it was funny one year when we were playing with the same number of English born backs on the pitch.

(As we know nationality is about a lot more than place of birth and so good luck to them all, except Wales in the one match ofc...)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by GavCanDance Tue 15 Sep 2015, 1:39 pm

lostinwales wrote:

http://www.americasrugbynews.com/2015/09/13/foreign-born-players-rwc-2015/

Interestingly, this list states Moriarty as being born in Wales... Doh

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 15 Sep 2015, 1:43 pm

wrfc1980 wrote:Indeed, with 9 English players in your squad you are bound to be awsome.

If having English players = awesome, how come you haven't won a trophy since 2011?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 15 Sep 2015, 1:54 pm

clap
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 15 Sep 2015, 1:59 pm

I think if one UK born player plays for another nation in the UK its hardly 'foreign'

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 15 Sep 2015, 2:18 pm

I believe Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington, is the authority on this 'nationality' issue OK
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 15 Sep 2015, 2:22 pm

PenfroPete wrote:I believe Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington, is the authority on this 'nationality' issue OK

Was it something something scum something something bastards ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 15 Sep 2015, 2:35 pm

Looking it up I think its a quote about him, which reads

'No, he is not an Irishman. He was born in Ireland; but being born in a stable does not make a man a horse.'

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 15 Sep 2015, 2:38 pm

lostinwales wrote:Looking it up I think its a quote about him, which reads

'No, he is not an Irishman. He was born in Ireland; but being born in a stable does not make a man a horse.'

Well it might if he was conceived in the stable too.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 15 Sep 2015, 2:46 pm

rodders wrote:

Well maybe if at least one of his parents were horses

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 15 Sep 2015, 3:57 pm

RubyGuby wrote:For Uruguay I would go 6-Moriarty 7-Tips 8-Warburton

Fast and Furious

thumbsup

If they were to pick that combo which they well do then I would swap Moriarty and Warburton about.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 15 Sep 2015, 4:00 pm

lostinwales wrote:
rodders wrote:

Well maybe if at least one of his parents were horses

Well he'd be the onlu feckin Irishman with a stable upbringing if that was the case, just look at EireBilly and the Fly, pure madness, blinded by the green and the black Wink thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 15 Sep 2015, 4:04 pm

RubyGuby wrote:

Well he'd be the onlu feckin Irishman with a stable upbringing if that was the case, just look at EireBilly and the Fly, pure madness, blinded by the green and the black  Wink  thumbsup

You do make me smile Guru thumbsup
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 15 Sep 2015, 6:51 pm

Wellington, the Coot, is given too many lines that weren't his. It's like the actor claiming to have written the lines he doesn't even fully understand (Shakespeare as an example - none of them actors do - least of all Gibson Wink )

Anyway.... the line wasn't given by Wellington but by another Irishman called Danny O'(...no no, not O'Donnell) - Daniel O'Connell - sneering the lad that forgot where he was born.

So leave it to the Irish - giving the enemy the very lines used to insult us with. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 15 Sep 2015, 11:14 pm

eirebilly wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:

Well he'd be the onlu feckin Irishman with a stable upbringing if that was the case, just look at EireBilly and the Fly, pure madness, blinded by the green and the black  Wink  thumbsup

We have to smile on occasion Billy I love my rugby and enjoy the discussions specially the heated ones but it can get a little too much on occasion and I haven't been on here for months. Enjoy the banter with the Fly. Enjoy the RWC it seems to be anyone's at the moment thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:59 am

RubyGuby wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:

We have to smile on occasion Billy I love my rugby and enjoy the discussions specially the heated ones but it can get a little too much on occasion and I haven't been on here for months. Enjoy the banter with the Fly. Enjoy the RWC it seems to be anyone's at the moment thumbsup

Surely it's New Zealands or Irelands to lose Wink
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 16 Sep 2015, 6:17 am

wrfc1980 wrote:Wales pick another Englishman......

Be nice if England picked just Englishmen with the huge pool of resources they have. But no, they keep shipping em in, at least temporarily until they get convicted of assault or banned.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:07 pm

What players can Wales call up for KO stages?

Prop: Rob Evans (LH), Craig Mitchell (TH).

Wing: Tom Prydie, Jordan Williams, Daffyd Howells.

Utility: Rhys Patchell.

We need to drop Paul James, Hook and one of the lock forwards, probably Dom Day. The Scarlets boys are playing well right now. Can anyone else comment on the other players?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:13 pm

How serious a injurie is Biggar, did he go off with cramp or was it something worse?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:14 pm

Several people have answered that for you in the past week...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:14 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:What players can Wales call up for KO stages?

Prop: Rob Evans (LH), Craig Mitchell (TH).

Wing: Tom Prydie, Jordan Williams, Daffyd Howells.

Utility: Rhys Patchell.

We need to drop Paul James, Hook and one of the lock forwards, probably Dom Day. The Scarlets boys are playing well right now. Can anyone else comment on the other players?
You can't drop anyone from the squad unless they are injured.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:15 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Several people have answered that for you in the past week...

Hvae they?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:29 pm

Paul James has been injured. I was unaware of that rule though, and thought there might have been exceptions after the pool stage.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5