The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 5 fighters you have seen on Tv or live.

5 posters

Go down

Top 5 fighters you have seen on Tv or live. Empty Top 5 fighters you have seen on Tv or live.

Post by AdamT Wed 02 Sep 2015, 3:39 pm

1. Floyd Mayweather

He for me has been the best all around boxer since I started watching the sport. Been a world champion for almost 18 years. Undefeated record against some good fighters. He perhaps didn't always seek the biggest challenges, especially in recent years. However he is what sweet science is about. Hit and not be hit back. A defeensive wizard, that can do it all, when required.

2. Pernell Whittaker.

A genuis fighter with arguabley the best defence ever. Was robbed against Chavez and should have the win over De la Hoya. A true all time great, that also has a very underrated offence. He had a good attack to the body and was so hard to hit clean. In terms of sheer talent, he is right up there with the best of them.

3. Roy Jones Jr

I will keep this simple. On his best night, p4p, there is no fighter I have seen on Televison that was as good as him. He could easily be number 1 on this list. However when his freakish speed and reflexes detoriated, it is hard to ignore his fall from grace. Only middleweight to hold a strap at Heavyweight, in over 100 years. that is probably the single best achievent of any fighter on this list. Love him or hate him, he was a phenom at his pomp.

4. Manny Pacquiao

Pacman is a tornado. I am a self confessed Floyd fan, but I can't or will not deny, he has the better wins on his resume. His mixture of speed and angles must be a nightmare for any fighter. He also threw an almighty volume of punches. Was orignally a leftie, but has learned to use his right more over the years. He has his flaws, but is a very exciting fighter and has slayed some giants at his pomp. His destruction over Cotto, is one of the best I have ever seen past or present.

5. Lennox Lewis

Controversial one this, but every year he stays retired his legend grows. For me he is right up there as one of the top heavies ever. Ruled a decent era. He had his flaws early in his career, but got them ironed out later on. He could be a bit over catious at times, but he was a great thinker in the ring. Had a high I.Q similar to Mayweather. He lost a couple of silly fights, which he avenged in emphatic fashion. Also had a dynamite right hand.

Ok that was just a quick list. Honurable mentions to-Morales,Barrera, James Toney,JMM,Hopkins and Evander Holyfield. Also would love to put Tyson on this list, but I am too young to remember him at his best.

Ok guys look forward to hearing your picks and the bashing of mys list.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Top 5 fighters you have seen on Tv or live. Empty Re: Top 5 fighters you have seen on Tv or live.

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 02 Sep 2015, 4:21 pm

So basically your top 5 boxers Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Top 5 fighters you have seen on Tv or live. Empty Re: Top 5 fighters you have seen on Tv or live.

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 02 Sep 2015, 4:27 pm

Pretty much what SoF said. This is a "my top 5" list, could have been interesting if it was just left with "seen live".

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 02 Sep 2015, 5:17 pm

This is my top five that I witnessed box. You know what I mean guys.

Anyway stop being c..ts and tell me yours lol

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 02 Sep 2015, 7:30 pm

Live:

1. Barrera
2. Calzaghe
3. Hatton
4. Froch
5. Haye/Khan/Frampton/DeGale/Groves (seen just about every domestic fighter live).

Best fights live:

1. Jamie Moore vs Ryan Rhodes
2. Carl Frampton vs Kiko Martinez
3. Gary Sykes vs Gary Buckland
4. Gary Sykes vs Carl Johanneson
5. Tommy Ward vs David Lake

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 02 Sep 2015, 7:34 pm

Awh man my title sucks

I just mean fighters seen in your lifetime.

Which Frampton fight was it?
Anyway Haz wat a f....g list.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 02 Sep 2015, 8:18 pm

AdamT wrote:Awh man my title sucks

I just mean fighters seen in your lifetime.

Which Frampton fight was it?
Anyway Haz wat a f....g list.

Second Martinez fight - amazing night. Going to check out Warrington this weekend - see if the atmosphere measures up to Belfast.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 02 Sep 2015, 8:23 pm

Lucky man my wife was pregnant or I would of been at the second one.

Was at the first Martinez fight.Was great as well.

Fair play Haz, you seen plenty of good boxing.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 11 Sep 2015, 5:35 pm

I'll have a go at the 'seen live'. I'm going to judge this on their performance when I saw them rather than their career, as I've seen Sergio Martinez box but it was during the worst night of his professional career, getting blasted by Cotto. So....

1. George Groves. On the under card of Froch Kessler 2, Groves was facing Noe Gonzalez. Due to the scheduling, this fight was the same night as the Bayern Munich Borussia Dortmund CL final. Now, as a fan of the round ball I made sure to watch this in a bar at the O2. I missed the Bellew Chilemba snooze fest and the first 4 rounds of the Groves fight. By the time I got my drink and seat in the arena, Groves threw a big right and knocked his opponent out. So as it stands, I've seen GG throw one punch, with 100% accuracy and a 100% KO ratio. The guy is a wrecking ball!!

2. Joe Calzaghe

Calzaghe vs. Mikkel Kessler. Two greats giving each other hell. Joe overcame a rocky start to put in a vintage performance.

3. Carl Froch

Froch vs. Kessler. That man Mikkel again. Great fight!

4. Miguel Cotto.

Cotto vs. Martinez. Probably the best boxer on the list. Great performance in catching Martinez cold, shame once he was hurt Martinez didn't have the wheels to get away. Well past his best.

5. I can't really give it to Kessler since I've seen him lose twice so let's go for...Lee Selby.

Selby vs. Munroe. Class performance against an overmatched fighter a little (or a lot in this case) passed his prime. Selby showed star quality that night in Cardiff.

Honourable mentions for Anthony Joshua in full wrecking mode and Andy Lee for getting a beating from John Jackson before landing a Hail Mary you could feel even in the cheap seats!

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 11 Sep 2015, 9:52 pm

Selby is sheer class. Kid has tons of natural ability.

Was ringside when he though Martin Lindsay in Belfast. Granted Lindsay is no world beater, but Selby was top class.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down