The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
pedro
westisbest
McLaren
puligny
kwinigolfer
SmithersJones
Eyetoldyouso
BlueCoverman
MontysMerkin
Mad for Chelsea
lorus59
Bob_the_Job
Dolphin Ziggler
Davie
Be_the_ball
1GrumpyGolfer
hend085
JAS
GunsGerms
beninho
golfermartin
Roller_Coaster
I'm never wrong
incontinentia
raycastleunited
MustPuttBetter
super_realist
31 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Sep 2015, 1:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's more the leaving it to the last minute which is nonsense. It is appalling business practice for the buyer to do this, as the seller knows they can keep the price high.

What is the point in the window being open for two months if nothing gets done until the last day? Just make it a day long, the opposite of a DFS sale.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:21 am

Utah is one step away from being a caliphate equivalent. I cannot see how this won’t end up in another supreme court ruling.

And on a related topic. When you think about how many losers, sickos, drunks, addicts etc. that just produce children en masse to a life in misery, it is discouraging how difficult it is for other people (homosexuals or not) to adopt children -- despite them being capable of offering the children a far superior life than the aforementioned.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:27 am

Wasn't that long ago in the UK that a couple had their foster kids taken away for being smokers.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:29 am

The way the world is going pretty soon I'd say two brothers will be able to get married and adopt a gorrilla and call it their son. Where do you draw the line?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:32 am

Or two men adopting a potato.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:35 am

super_realist wrote:Or two men adopting a potato.

You could just get married to a potato. Id say it would find you really funny.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:36 am

As long as it is no harm to society it's fine with me. (Didn't Michael Jackson adopt a monkey by the way?) Who are you/we to judge over other peoples lives and what is right or wrong? Now, there's a scientific reason to why siblings can't marry/have children. The rest is just religious or moral patronisation if you ask me.

As I said, as long as we allow losers to produce children into misery we have no right to impose our moral or religious beleifs on people with alternative lifestyles (including gay couples).

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:37 am

Only mentioned it because it came across that you implied same sex couples shouldn't adopt.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:38 am

pedro wrote:As long as it is no harm to society it's fine with me. (Didn't Michael Jackson adopt a monkey by the way?) Who are you/we to judge over other peoples lives and what is right or wrong? Now, there's a scientific reason to why siblings can't marry/have children. The rest is just religious or moral patronisation if you ask me.

As I said, as long as we allow losers to produce children into misery we have no right to impose our moral or religious beleifs on people with alternative lifestyles (including gay couples).

What is the scientific reason two brothers cant marry? You are wrong, there is none.

People consider it morally wrong.

There is also a scientific reason why two women cant have a baby too however these days children in certain locations have almost become a commodity and provided you are a good person it has become your right to have one. I'm not totally convinced.

At the very least it should be a very heavily regulated practice.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Nov 2015, 12:18 pm

I'd prefer having children in general was a bit more regulated, there's a lot more to consider about it long before you grumble about the gender of the parents.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 13 Nov 2015, 12:23 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
What is the scientific reason two brothers cant marry? You are wrong, there is none.

People consider it morally wrong.

I think the law didn’t at all take that option into consideration. I don’t know the wordings but obviously the law is aimed at brother and sister, based on the assumption that producing children is a natural part of marriage. But it seems quite obvious that that law needs an update as well, reflecting modern society.

GunsGerms wrote:
There is also a scientific reason why two women cant have a baby too
Yes there is, but it is of fundemental character and not related to the fact that you produce degenerated offspring.
But if two women decide to use a donor, or to adopt, why shouldn't they both be allowed to be legal parents?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 13 Nov 2015, 12:27 pm

super_realist wrote:I'd prefer having children in general was a bit more regulated, there's a lot more to consider about it long before you grumble about the gender of the parents.
Well that's the point. But then the nazi card is pulled, right. And then it's catch 22.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 13 Nov 2015, 3:10 pm

pedro wrote:
I think the law didn’t at all take that option into consideration. I don’t know the wordings but obviously the law is aimed at brother and sister, based on the assumption that producing children is a natural part of marriage. But it seems quite obvious that that law needs an update as well, reflecting modern society.

Does that mean that you are in favour of brothers being allowed to marry or maybe even a father and son etc?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Nov 2015, 3:16 pm

Mac would probably be in favour of that, given his "liberal, because I think society thinks I should be" attitude.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Nov 2015, 5:36 pm

How can that white Top Gear producer be suing a white Top Gear presenter for "racism"?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 13 Nov 2015, 6:57 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
pedro wrote:

Does that mean that you are in favour of brothers being allowed to marry or maybe even a father and son etc?
Why not? I may think it's crazy but if that's what they want who am I to judge them?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 13 Nov 2015, 8:17 pm

"Yeah my wife is my cousin or whatever, it's not like you think. We grew up together and she grew up hot. All my friends were trying to f@ck her. I'm not going to let anyone else f@ck my cousin. If anyone's going to f@ck my cousin it's going to me. Out of respect"

Laugh
Film anyone?
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri 13 Nov 2015, 8:48 pm

Yeah I remember that line. Donnie in The Wolf of Wall Street. I suppose there's some kind of weirdo logic in there somewhere! Laugh

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 13 Nov 2015, 9:27 pm

Well done Blue, classic!
Maybe Mac is Donnie
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 15 Nov 2015, 11:17 pm

Well done to Hungary on reaching their first major tournament since 86.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 16 Nov 2015, 10:25 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-34756952

How much does Terry love himself that he'd commission a picture of himself? What a plum

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 16 Nov 2015, 11:25 am

It may not be for him...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:35 pm

super_realist wrote:How can that white Top Gear producer be suing a white Top Gear presenter for "racism"?

because like many words in the English language the meaning of the word racism in common usage has evolved to encompass many of its synonyms such as prejudice and xenophobia.  A bit like the word awful which originally meant full of awe rather than something terrible. There are countless examples of words that have taken on new meanings over time in the English language just as there are countless examples of Clarkson's prejudices.

In any case, in this case the only definition of racial discrimination that matters is the definition under UK law. The Equality Act 2010 makes it unlawful to discriminate against employees, job seekers and trainees because of race - this includes the different elements of colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:49 pm

Well, that is bloody stupid. For this idiot to claim that Irish is a race is laughable. Hope the court throws it out.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:56 pm

super_realist wrote:Well, that is bloody stupid. For this idiot to claim that Irish is a race is laughable. Hope the court throws it out.

UK Law would appear to disagree with you. Its almost as if you are attempting to justify Clarkson's actions, are you?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 16 Nov 2015, 2:18 pm

I mean it's stupid that you can lump in nationality with "race".

If Clarkson had called me a "sweaty" or a "tight fisted scot" (which is about the Scottish equivalent of what Clarkson could have said) I wouldn't be running to the courts on charges of racism and I bet most people of other nationalities wouldn't either.
"How dare you take the urine out of me being Icelandic"

Is there something especially over-sensitive about being Irish I wonder which necessitates such an over the top reaction?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 16 Nov 2015, 2:49 pm

Truth hurts super.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 16 Nov 2015, 3:08 pm

In what way Pedro?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 16 Nov 2015, 3:13 pm

Maybe he IS a lazy Irish c***.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 16 Nov 2015, 3:16 pm

Is that the accusation against Clarkson? Ha ha ha.

That's laughable. Replace "Irish" for Scottish, Estonian, English, Finnish, Swedish, German etc and there wouldn't be the slightest murmer, but because it's the poor "persecuted", "it's hard being me" "we once had a famine 300 hundred years ago" Irish, they go off the deep end.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 16 Nov 2015, 3:23 pm

By adding a nationality into any insult you are then directly insulting someone due to their nationality.

Whether it be Irish, Scotish, Indian or Nigerian. Its all the same. It is basically abuse based on your nationality. I would assume that the tone of the abuse could not be mistaken for a jovial manner, especially not if followed or preceded with a punch.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 16 Nov 2015, 3:26 pm

It seems he’s more offended being called Irish than called a c***.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 16 Nov 2015, 3:39 pm

beninho wrote:By adding a nationality into any insult you are then directly insulting someone due to their nationality.

Whether it be Irish, Scotish, Indian or Nigerian. Its all the same. It is basically abuse based on your nationality. I would assume that the tone of the abuse could not be mistaken for a jovial manner, especially not if followed or preceded with a punch.

Still strikes of ridiculous over-sensitivity, to take "offence" or pretend to take offence at it because you see it as a good way to get some money is pretty pathetic.

It's so stupid, it's like saying "You Union Street dwelling c***", or you "cheese sandwich favouring c***" is that racist now as well?

It's "discriminating" against those who reside in Union Street or are partial to a cheese sandwich after all.

Seems to me like the Knights in The Holy Grail being offended by " your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries"

Last edited by super_realist on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 16 Nov 2015, 3:42 pm

Whats more pathetic is for someone to insult someone because of where they are from.

Just laugh off the guy thats throwing the insult.

Obviously some kind of jackass.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Mon 16 Nov 2015, 3:48 pm

The other issue is how the matter is being processed. Tymon did not wish the police to take criminal action and now he is suing Clarkson. If he had taken criminal action, he couldn't then take civil action. The way I see it, the criminal route would have possibly resulted in making Clarksons life a bit more difficult in the future - visa requirements etc - but the civil route would possibly result in financial gain for Tymon. I don't think the financial penalty would be enough to bother Clarkson.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 16 Nov 2015, 3:49 pm

super_realist wrote:Is that the accusation against Clarkson? Ha ha ha.

That's laughable. Replace "Irish" for Scottish, Estonian, English, Finnish, Swedish, German etc and there wouldn't be the slightest murmer, but because it's the poor "persecuted", "it's hard being me" "we once had a famine 300 hundred years ago" Irish, they go off the deep end.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/9737918/Record-number-of-racist-attacks-on-English-in-Scotland.html

Anyone can be the subject of racial abuse. There are bottom feeders in every country. Thankfully in the UK there are laws that protect citizens against pond life.

I suspect that sadly Clarkson's career will be unaffected by the whole affair but he has a case to answer and rightfully so. Its always worth standing up to the bullies. Hopefully Clarkson will learn from it.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 16 Nov 2015, 3:52 pm

I'm more concerned that someone finds it offensive to be called an "insert nationality/sandwich filling favourite here" c***.

If someone said that to me I couldn't care less. Why are people so sensitive?

They should save their fake outrage for things which actually matter and are actually serious, it's as sad as all those people who react if someone calls their mother a lady of ill repute.

Who cares what they say, it doesn't make it true, so what is there to get upset about?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 16 Nov 2015, 3:55 pm

super_realist wrote:I'm more concerned that someone finds it offensive to be called an "insert nationality/sandwich filling favourite here" c***.

If someone said that to me I couldn't care less. Why are people so sensitive?

They should save their fake outrage for things which actually matter and are actually serious, it's as sad as all those people who react if someone calls their mother a lady of ill repute.

Who cares what they say, it doesn't make it true, so what is there to get upset about?

What do you do for a living Super?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 16 Nov 2015, 3:56 pm

Exploration Analyst.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 16 Nov 2015, 4:00 pm

super_realist wrote:Exploration Analyst.

Would it not bother you if you went to work and your boss shouted at you for 40 minutes, abusing you based on your nationality and then smacked you in the face sending you to A&E? No one should have to put up with that in the work place.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 16 Nov 2015, 4:00 pm

Like you sr, i wouldn't get offended either.

But some people do, its how the individual is, take offence or don't.

But because you don't take offence, doesn't  mean others shouldn't.  

People are different to you sr.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 16 Nov 2015, 4:04 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
super_realist wrote:Exploration Analyst.

Would it not bother you if you went to work and your boss shouted at you for 40 minutes, abusing you based on your nationality and then smacked you in the face sending you to A&E? No one should have to put up with that in the work place.
Yes but you would solve it within the company. Or find a new job.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 16 Nov 2015, 4:09 pm

Well, it might make me angry, but I would most likely settle it through HR channels as per company policy.
Nor would I go to A&E for being punched by a fat, 55 year old smoker. I'd be incredibly embarrassed to be hit by such a man, but I'd be more ashamed in myself that I allowed myself to stand and take a 40 minute tirade. I'd most likely have told him to EFFOFF and walked away. This producer appears to be a weak coward who can't stand up for himself.

Besides, the point is not that it was a 40 minute "rant" or that he was "punched", the point was that it is RIDICULOUS to claim that claiming the abuse was racist on the basis of what country he was unfortunate enough to be born in.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 16 Nov 2015, 4:16 pm

super_realist wrote:Well, it might make me angry, but I would most likely settle it through HR channels as per company policy.
Nor would I go to A&E for being punched by a fat, 55 year old smoker. I'd be incredibly embarrassed to be hit by such a man, but I'd be more ashamed in myself that I allowed myself to stand and take a 40 minute tirade. I'd most likely have told him to EFFOFF and walked away. This producer appears to be a weak coward who can't stand up for himself.

Besides, the point is not that it was a 40 minute "rant" or that he was "punched", the point was that it is RIDICULOUS to claim that claiming the abuse was racist on the basis of what country he was unfortunate enough to be born in.

You seem to be in a permanent state of anger though. I'm guessing you would probably soil yourself. Are you really as tough as you make yourself out to be?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 16 Nov 2015, 4:20 pm

I don't assert to be tough, nor am I angry. I am opinionated though and a normal person wouldn't tolerate being abused by someone like that, but what I wouldn't do, is stand and take it, wait to be punched and then wait 6 months and then decide I could gerrymander a "racism" charge in there and retrospectively sue someone. It's pathetic and it's not racism.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Mon 16 Nov 2015, 4:20 pm

super_realist wrote:the point was that it is RIDICULOUS to claim that claiming the abuse was racist on the basis of what country he was unfortunate enough to be born in.

Are you saying that you are unaware of the law in this case Super? Does your company not run training days to make you aware of these things? (Although it's not ALL the company's' responsibility)
If you are just saying that the law is wrong in your opinion , then that is another matter.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 16 Nov 2015, 4:24 pm

I don't care about the law's definition because if subject to it, I wouldn't consider it racial abuse, because I'm not a petty minded moron who goes looking for offence.

Yes, it's clearly wrong of Clarkson to verbally abuse someone, but trying to jump up the charge with racism, when Irish isn't a race is the point I'm trying to make is something pretty laughable.

Even if by the letter of the law, nationality somehow sits under the "race" umbrella, this man is childish in the extreme to use it and claim to have been offended by it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 16 Nov 2015, 4:34 pm

super_realist wrote:I don't assert to be tough, nor am I angry. I am opinionated though and  a normal person wouldn't tolerate being abused by someone like that, but what I wouldn't do, is stand and take it, wait to be punched and then wait 6 months and then decide I could gerrymander a "racism" charge in there and retrospectively sue someone. It's pathetic and it's not racism.

You do seem to have a stick up your a55 about things.

A lot of your posts, you are either moaning about people/things in life, or insulting them.

You do come across as quite an angry person.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 16 Nov 2015, 4:37 pm

That's fine West, I'm not going to sue you for that though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 16 Nov 2015, 4:41 pm

cheers OK Very Happy

Last edited by westisbest on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 16 Nov 2015, 4:42 pm

No, he's just going to wait six months before he does.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next