The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trolling, offensive, spot on?

+35
lostinwales
BamBam
dummy_half
Sgt_Pooly
PenfroPete
funnyExiledScot
Weegie Wizard
quinsforever
rodders
mikey_dragon
donglewood
offload
beshocked
Breadvan
TightHEAD
fa0019
rainbow-warrior
LordDowlais
sensisball
Fanster
Gwlad
blackcanelion
majesticimperialman
yappysnap
Exiledinborders
Cyril
Notch
InjuredYetAgain
Rugby Fan
SecretFly
doctor_grey
Poorfour
Biltong
eirebilly
No 7&1/2
39 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Trolling, offensive, spot on? - Page 3 Empty Trolling, offensive, spot on?

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun 13 Sep 2015, 12:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Couldn't get beyond commenting on these quotes from the Times even though they'll lead to mud slinging. Borderline racist/xenophobic/anglophobic bile from former nz lock Ali Williams.

"(the English) always carry this consciousness of their great past and would like to be reminded of their great empire. It's this that explains why all the big rugby nations want with all their heart to beat them: Australia, France, Nz, SA. The Welsh hate them and I'm not going to mention the Irish. They create a consensus against them. The worst defeats are those against the English. Perhaps because they lack nobility in their victories.'

On Twickenham: 'It is the most hostile stadium there is. It is worse than Pretoria. The ambience is vindictive. The supporters sing and applaud when we miss a penalty, and whistle us if we do something they disapprove of in terms of playing style. If the English,the only team that nobody wants to see win, win the wc it will be a dark day.'

On drinking: '(the players) never let themselves go. They never fraternise.Next to them New Zealanders seem like Latins.'

I know there are a few here that'll nod along, hopefully tongue in cheek, but what the actual ****! When I break away from thinking of the English Empire (not British now apparently) I notice he s not even mentioned ths Scots!

Winning badly canb e pointed at a few but this current team and staff?

Twickers hostile!? Ive been twice vs Scot and its been friendly and funny rivalry. There was amore hostile atmosphere at Scotland Italy I went to this year!

Now the team don't drink enough where are those dwarfs!? No idea who he means by Latins but judging by the rest Iassume hes being offensive.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Trolling, offensive, spot on? - Page 3 Empty Re: Trolling, offensive, spot on?

Post by Gwlad Thu 17 Sep 2015, 5:55 pm

Breadvan wrote:You should meet up with another ex pat rainbow warrior Gwlad. You'll get on like a house on fire...

talkin gof houses being on fire, what's life like in Port Talbot?

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 17 Sep 2015, 9:06 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:All fans dislike smug fans, and every country has them.

You're right about the celebrations though, definitely an English problem. Here's an English man with a seriously boorish, football-like celebration.
Though a lowly Englishman, I disagree the celebrations are an English problem.  A lot more of it in the SH, where they can be celebrated, as in the following video from Australia's Rugby HQ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVOh-niWl0w

I see it happen often from England players, reason for that being is I just watch NH rugby - I can understand if it was a defining moment in a major game but not in friendlies and against lowly opposition. I know it isn't an English problem, it's a world problem for rugby fans who want to distance themselves from the footballing elements that are creeping into our game. It's been a past problem in Wales with guys like Phillips and Byrne, but I think we're stamping it out - and let me tell you if a team Wales player does it it's highly documented! I got bored of S15 quite some time ago, probably through not feeling any affiliation to the teams but also because of the celebrations - I know the ones you speak of and I didn't feel as strongly about it back then as it was done to the tune of Aussie commentary! But anyway, no, I wasn't attacking England. This article is in reference to England so naturally I mentioned what I thought was relevant. I hope this clears some things up.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 17 Sep 2015, 9:47 pm

If your going to troll do it the Jacamo way Laugh Seems to have upset a few kiwi's...

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by donglewood Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:00 pm

Kind of

(a) Lame
(b) Not original
(c) Not funny

We see this every time the Kiwis come to Britain.

It's a bit tired and sad really.

It's predominantly the English unfortunately, and it's probably time for them to grow up and get over it.

donglewood

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:20 pm

It is definitely all of those things, but that is exactly what i expect from England fans.

Hardly an appropriate nod the the stature of the haka that is used as a call to arms, a challenge and a funereal tribute but hey ho, what do you expect from the arrogant hosts of a RWC who already have it in the bag based on winning it once in 1966.

Last edited by Gwlad on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by donglewood Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:24 pm

Hardly a way to behave as a host nation.

Misjudged, I'd say. And from the polite silence it has received I believe the vast majority of England fans are quietly embarrassed.

donglewood

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:44 pm

Can't say im surprise by either reply, The Kiwi's always seem to get a bit touchy before a World Cup.

Don't forget 2003 Gwlad Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:06 pm

Never mind that Haka guff.  
This is how Joe and his boys are getting in the mood!

https://twitter.com/JOEdotie/status/644612137877413888

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 18 Sep 2015, 6:01 am

Gwlad wrote:
Breadvan wrote:You should meet up with another ex pat rainbow warrior Gwlad. You'll get on like a house on fire...

talkin gof houses being on fire, what's life like in Port Talbot?

The same. Its a deadbeat town full of deadbeat people. TF I only work here...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Fri 18 Sep 2015, 7:23 am

That Hakarena is extremely poor from Jacamo, and the man himself humiliating himself, a huge tradition of a foreign team, and the game itself.

I bet there are thousands of England fans up and down the country as dissapointed as I am, infact I know there are.

This wind up of 'England fan suck' is just as bad, there are assholes from every nation, the Welsh international part timers, the Irish arrogant 'behave a certain way only' folk, the Scottish empty seaters and the English prawn cocktails, lets not pretend anyone is above anyone else, as even these guys are as deserving of enjoying the game as the upmost die hard!!!

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 18 Sep 2015, 9:35 am

I think its funny.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Sep 2015, 1:58 am

Where's the bickering between Wales and England? It's a bit disappointing to be honest Wink

Thomas doesn't rate England.

"In Proud, my autobiography, I wrote that I hated Matt Dawson, Will Greenwood, Richard Hill and Lawrence Dallaglio when they wore the white shirt of England. They epitomised the arrogance of the Empire".

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/rugby-world-cup-2015/news/article.cfm?c_id=522&objectid=11518300

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Thu 24 Sep 2015, 6:40 am

ebop wrote:Where's the bickering between Wales and England? It's a bit disappointing to be honest Wink

Thomas doesn't rate England.

"In Proud, my autobiography, I wrote that I hated Matt Dawson, Will Greenwood, Richard Hill and Lawrence Dallaglio when they wore the white shirt of England. They epitomised the arrogance of the Empire".

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/rugby-world-cup-2015/news/article.cfm?c_id=522&objectid=11518300

Well, I'm a proud Welshman, but I've never hated anyone who pulls on a rugby shirt. Beating England has always been important but only because they are our fiercest rivals. I never rated Thomas as a captain and for me he epitomises the reverse snobbery and victim mentality that I detest. Unfortunately, for too many in Wales it's still a common trait.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3