The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trolling, offensive, spot on?

+35
lostinwales
BamBam
dummy_half
Sgt_Pooly
PenfroPete
funnyExiledScot
Weegie Wizard
quinsforever
rodders
mikey_dragon
donglewood
offload
beshocked
Breadvan
TightHEAD
fa0019
rainbow-warrior
LordDowlais
sensisball
Fanster
Gwlad
blackcanelion
majesticimperialman
yappysnap
Exiledinborders
Cyril
Notch
InjuredYetAgain
Rugby Fan
SecretFly
doctor_grey
Poorfour
Biltong
eirebilly
No 7&1/2
39 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Trolling, offensive, spot on? - Page 2 Empty Trolling, offensive, spot on?

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Couldn't get beyond commenting on these quotes from the Times even though they'll lead to mud slinging. Borderline racist/xenophobic/anglophobic bile from former nz lock Ali Williams.

"(the English) always carry this consciousness of their great past and would like to be reminded of their great empire. It's this that explains why all the big rugby nations want with all their heart to beat them: Australia, France, Nz, SA. The Welsh hate them and I'm not going to mention the Irish. They create a consensus against them. The worst defeats are those against the English. Perhaps because they lack nobility in their victories.'

On Twickenham: 'It is the most hostile stadium there is. It is worse than Pretoria. The ambience is vindictive. The supporters sing and applaud when we miss a penalty, and whistle us if we do something they disapprove of in terms of playing style. If the English,the only team that nobody wants to see win, win the wc it will be a dark day.'

On drinking: '(the players) never let themselves go. They never fraternise.Next to them New Zealanders seem like Latins.'

I know there are a few here that'll nod along, hopefully tongue in cheek, but what the actual ****! When I break away from thinking of the English Empire (not British now apparently) I notice he s not even mentioned ths Scots!

Winning badly canb e pointed at a few but this current team and staff?

Twickers hostile!? Ive been twice vs Scot and its been friendly and funny rivalry. There was amore hostile atmosphere at Scotland Italy I went to this year!

Now the team don't drink enough where are those dwarfs!? No idea who he means by Latins but judging by the rest Iassume hes being offensive.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Trolling, offensive, spot on? - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolling, offensive, spot on?

Post by rodders Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:13 am

quinsforever wrote:
and of course everyone wants to beat England at HQ. nothing new there.

Well based on recent evidence the Scots don't seem to bothered.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:40 am

Although a lot of teams hate to lose to England, that doesn't necessarily make us the ones they most want to beat.

Ireland and Scotland still haven't defeated the All Blacks, while it's been a long dry spell against the same opposition for Wales.

If a Faustian bargain was on offer, I wonder how many losses to England supporters of those sides would trade for a win over New Zealand?

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:45 am

Rugby Fan wrote:
If a Faustian bargain was on offer, I wonder how many losses to England supporters of those sides would trade for a win over New Zealand?

I'd trade all our losses to England for a win over NZ - talk about a bargain.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:43 am

rodders wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
and of course everyone wants to beat England at HQ. nothing new there.

Well based on recent evidence the Scots don't seem to bothered.

Laugh Very Happy   Smile   Crying or Very sad

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:52 am

Some people cannot stop themselves spouting anti-English drivel.

I expect Jim Telfer to launch into one of his rants in the next few days. It is as predictable as Gatland telling his players that everybody is writing them off. I expect that anytime too.

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:51 am

Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:In the article I read he didn't mention the Welsh or Irish - so which did you read 7.5?

picard

And they say the valleys stereotype is inaccurate

What on earth are you on about?

you are the epitome of valley commando

Except I'm not from the valleys, don't have highlights, don't use fake bake, don't inject PEDs... Need I go on?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:55 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:In the article I read he didn't mention the Welsh or Irish - so which did you read 7.5?

picard

Except I'm not from the valleys, don't have highlights, don't use fake bake, don't inject PEDs... Need I go on?

yes please do go on

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:00 am

On this subject I can highly recommend a book by Tom English called "The Grudge", which is a pretty balanced look back to the 1990 5 Nations, and in particular the decider at Murrayfield.

Both sets of players contribute to the book and add some colour as to how the teams felt and how they prepared for the contest. Brian Moore constantly references his frustration at how the English were portrayed, which he stresses was at odds with how they actually felt and behaved.

The stories of Jim Telfer are also worth the price of the book!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:01 am

beshocked wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:All fans dislike smug fans, and every country has them.

You're right about the celebrations though, definitely an English problem. Here's an English man with a seriously boorish, football-like celebration.

Yes true.

I find England players at various levels do it more than others. I can't see the image you've posted whilst on my phone, but I imagine it's North scoring for the lions. Don't tell me you're going to do a beshocked and desperately try to claim other people's players as your own Erm. That thing I said about the pee pot is starting to hit home!

Claim other people's players as their own?

You're the one who thinks Tomas Francis is Welsh. You're the one who thinks that no Welsh player has any connection to England.

You are happy to augment your side with players and coaches with significant English connections but conveniently ignore their heritage.

You shouldn't hate England - your best coach - Shaun Edwards is English, most of your best players have connections with England.

I have NEVER claimed Francis is Welsh. Please show me where if you're so convinced that I did? I don't lower myself to your level of desperately trying to claim other people's players as their own - looks like Ali missed that one out Wink.

I just don't agree with your context of term. What has their heritage, or being born where your parents used to work have to do with anything?

I don't hate England. I'm glad we have Shaun Edwards on board. It's not like England haven't had various chances to nab him; for instance the time before the WRU hired him in 2008, or the time he contemplated his career trajectory after his 2013 'Lions snub' - again here you go with your desperation. Barritt, Flutey, Vunipola's, Armitage's, Kvesic, Tuilagi, Lewsey, Vainikolo, Hapé, Botha, Corbisero, Rodukini thumbsup.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:03 am

Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

picard

yes please do go on

My toilet is inside my house.

Where are you from may i ask? I'm from Newport and a supporter of NGD. You don't seem to show affiliation to a team?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:05 am

Exiledinborders wrote:Some people cannot stop themselves spouting anti-English drivel.

I expect Jim Telfer to launch into one of his rants in the next few days. It is as predictable as Gatland telling his players that everybody is writing them off. I expect that anytime too.

Writing us off? I guess we'll need that 'dark horses' tag from your boys then Wink.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:23 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

picard

yes please do go on

My toilet is inside my house.

Where are you from may i ask? I'm from Newport and a supporter of NGD. You don't seem to show affiliation to a team?

Me too Stelvio Park Drive, left when i was 6 thank god as Newport is the biggest hole on th eplanet.

No affiliation to a Welsh club really, just the national side.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:34 am

Biggest hole on the planet? No, that's England according to Ali Williams.... But interesting, do you live abroad now then?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:00 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Biggest hole on the planet? No, that's England according to Ali Williams.... But interesting, do you live abroad now then?

Vancouver

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:35 am

Nice. Do they like their rugby there as much as they do in Calgary?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:31 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Nice. Do they like their rugby there as much as they do in Calgary?

Sure do, after Hockey, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLB, Soccer and softball there are still a few fans

Talking of holes on earth….Calgary , awful place

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:03 pm

Gwlad wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Nice. Do they like their rugby there as much as they do in Calgary?

Sure do, after Hockey, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLB, Soccer and softball there are still a few fans

Talking of holes on earth….Calgary , awful place
Calgary = cow town.
In summer, at least in the olden days, the smell was loverly.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:20 pm

Yeah they love hockey and horses up there no doubt!I was just impressed at the level of interest in rugby too. It's a lot more popular there than I thought. If Canada could get a professional league I think the sport would swell up there.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:39 pm

On the subject of hating England, a quite famous quote from a pre game pep talk

"Look what these b@stards have done to Wales. They've taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our homes and live in them for a fortnight every year. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We've been exploited, r@ped, controlled and punished by the English – and that's who you are playing this afternoon !!"
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:40 pm

And that's written by Tom Francis!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:44 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
beshocked wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

You're right about the celebrations though, definitely an English problem. Here's an English man with a seriously boorish, football-like celebration.

Yes true.

I find England players at various levels do it more than others. I can't see the image you've posted whilst on my phone, but I imagine it's North scoring for the lions. Don't tell me you're going to do a beshocked and desperately try to claim other people's players as your own Erm. That thing I said about the pee pot is starting to hit home!

Claim other people's players as their own?

You're the one who thinks Tomas Francis is Welsh. You're the one who thinks that no Welsh player has any connection to England.

You are happy to augment your side with players and coaches with significant English connections but conveniently ignore their heritage.

You shouldn't hate England - your best coach - Shaun Edwards is English, most of your best players have connections with England.

I have NEVER claimed Francis is Welsh. Please show me where if you're so convinced that I did? I don't lower myself to your level of  desperately trying to claim other people's players as their own - looks like Ali missed that one out Wink.

I just don't agree with your context of term. What has their heritage, or being born where your parents used to work have to do with anything?

I don't hate England. I'm glad we have Shaun Edwards on board. It's not like England haven't had various chances to nab him; for instance the time before the WRU hired him in 2008, or the time he contemplated his career trajectory after his 2013 'Lions snub' - again here you go with your desperation. Barritt, Flutey, Vunipola's, Armitage's, Kvesic, Tuilagi, Lewsey, Vainikolo, Hapé, Botha, Corbisero, Rodukini thumbsup.

Perhaps thinking he is Welsh is an exaggeration but you certainly have no qualms of bolstering your team with his inclusion. His link to Wales is very tenuous.

You haven't acknowledged the ties of England and Wales, that many of Wales players have English connections. Their heritage is part of who they are. My point is that you ignore the connections. They are Welsh, yes but they have those ties with England that are part of who they are.

Let's look at a hypothetical case - person X's parents are both Welsh, his/her grandparents are all Welsh, person X's parents go to England, person X is born in England, by the current ruling person X could play for England or Wales - they are EQ and have a connection to that country because of being born there. They might well identify themselves as Welsh and would be deemed as Welsh but they would still have that connection to England.

It's not one Welsh player with English connections it's most of the key players.

For some balance in cricket e.g. I could suggest that Pietersen's SA heritage will never be ignored

Mo Farah's Somalian heritage. These guys represent England but one cannot ignore their heritage because it is part of who they are. To be honest I don't think either want to ignore their SA and Somalian heritage either.

I see them as English as they identity themselves as so but it doesn't change that they have connections with another country too.

If you are born somewhere you automatically gain a connection with that country whether you want it or not.

It's the same with the Welsh players with English connections. They are Welsh but they do have those English connections.

Wales happen to have a lot of Welsh players with English connections. That shows a significant tie to England whether you like it or not.

Parents are also connection to another country too.

When have I tried to claim other people's players? I don't think the likes of North,Warburton etc should have played for England, they are Welsh identify themselves as Welsh, nothing wrong with that, it's the ignoring of English connections that I have a problem with.

Desperation? Hardly - you're the one who criticised me.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:54 pm

What's the point of the argument over the players have connections to England?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:16 pm

Welsh fans trolling shocker........

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:32 pm

Oh god what have I started?

That's the last time I try have a bit of fun on the international board.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:54 am

Beshocked

I'd beware this incessant EDL style view of England offering everything Wales has on a plate, it's getting a bit obsessive and creepy tbh

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:03 am

rodders wrote:Definitely a bit of generalizing here by Williams.

Josh Lewsey seemed ok for instance, and Phil de Glanville was fairly humble. You can't tarnish everyone with the same brush.

To quote Disraeli about Gladstone 'A humble man with plenty to be humble about'

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:18 am

Fanster I never said anything about handing on a plate. I was just saying that Wales have a connection with England and the ties have been beneficial for Wales in recent years for the rugby union and football teams. More so for the football team than the rugby one admittedly but what's wrong with that?

If someone attacks and criticises my comments you don't expect me to defend myself?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:28 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Welsh fans trolling shocker........

English fans hypocrisy outdoes its arrogance shocker

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:26 am

Noone attacked your comment, you were referenced in a discussion due to your relentless argument that without England Wales would be nowehre in sporting terms, I'm not sure if it's due to the recent rise in football rankings and Wales outranking England in both rugby and football recently, but you are very much obsessed with the subject.

Of course Wales and England are going to have close ties, there are hundreds of years of intertwined history between them, it is non sensical to think otherwise, when you start to press the matter with the likes of George North however it borders on unhinged obsession do you not think?

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:39 am

Fanster wrote:Noone attacked your comment, you were referenced in a discussion due to your relentless argument that without England Wales would be nowehre in sporting terms, I'm not sure if it's due to the recent rise in football rankings and Wales outranking England in both rugby and football recently, but you are very much obsessed with the subject.

Of course Wales and England are going to have close ties, there are hundreds of years of intertwined history between them, it is non sensical to think otherwise, when you start to press the matter with the likes of George North however it borders on unhinged obsession do you not think?

I think the answer to that is quite clear.

Recently England fans have latched on to the latest WUM which is to mock Wales for having players who could have/ should have played for England

Apparently this comes as a surprise but taken in context of their relentless 2nd best approach to the 6 Nations, their stupidity is at least consistent.

I was born in Wales. left aged 6 and am essentially a Londoner. I was born by one nation, bred by another. But by god when it comes to rugby i am pure Welshman.

English rugby is a dirge of set piece and 10 man rugby. Welsh by contrast a warrior poets battle of passion and relentless feast and famine.

England have the largest pool of players on the planet and the most money, yet still have to import to get an edge, while smaller nations still beat them regularly! What's to be proud of? That some class players dislike the English set up or find an opportunity to thrive in Wales is as much a reflection of the mismanagement of English youth, as it is also reflection of the desire of young men with Welsh ancestry to play rugby at the top level for Wales.

English fans are just bitter that they have squandered the opportunity to develop the likes of Moriarty and Francis and now Wales are reaping the benefits.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:53 am

Hmmm, so Gwlad is a Londoner? I knew there was something not quite right about him.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:11 am

I'm just glad London is a bloody big place

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:15 am

Indeed.

However, if you see a 'warrior poet' striding down Oxford Street dressed as a daffodil I'd walk the other way. Just to be on the safe side.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:59 am

English fans are just bitter that they have squandered the opportunity to develop the likes of Moriarty and Francis and now Wales are reaping the benefits.

Have either of them appeared in any internationals?

What is so special about either of the two players?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:42 am

majesticimperialman wrote:

Yes both of them have been capped in the most recent games to date IE, the world cup warm-ups. If you haven't watched them it's also been highly documented on here and by various media outlets. So if you're having to ask that question, what exactly have you been doing lately?

I don't know. You had better asked beshocked if you want a definite answer. He will get back to you if he can pull himself away from his relentless pursuit of trying to claim other nations' players.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:49 am

beshocked wrote:

Desperation? Hardly - you're the one who criticised me.

I'm critical of your worthless comments on the subject that YOU always bring up. To save me having to reply to you, because if I did I would yet again be repeating myself, I suggest going back to our discussion on this thread: https://www.606v2.com/t60371-world-cup-seedings-revisited.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:49 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

Yes both of them have been capped in the most recent games to date IE, the world cup warm-ups. If you haven't watched them it's also been highly documented on here and by various media outlets. So if you're having to ask that question, what exactly have you been doing lately?

I don't know. You had better asked beshocked if you want a definite answer. He will get back to you if he can pull himself away from his relentless pursuit of trying to claim other nations' players.

If they have only just been capped in the RWC warm up games.
Then i guess no one knows if they are the two that slipped through the net.

What i mean is they are not exactly what you would call world class are they? Not yet any way.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:05 am

Cyril wrote:Indeed.

However, if you see a 'warrior poet' striding down Oxford Street dressed as a daffodil I'd walk the other way. Just to be on the safe side.

He's already stated elsewhere that he lives in the USA+ Canada now. Funny he's picked up on a 'wum' started by a Welsh poster, although it was all our fault for responding to what was said.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:49 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

If they have only just been capped in the RWC warm up games.
Then i guess no one knows if they are the two that slipped through the net.

What i mean is they are not exactly what you would call world class are they? Not yet any way.

You've lost me.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:30 am

Hilarious really since you see life through the prism of a television show.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by bigndumb Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:48 am

English rugby is a dirge of set piece and 10 man rugby. Welsh by contrast a warrior poets battle of passion and relentless feast and famine.

lol and you talk about stereotypes ??? Hahah
You watched any international rugby recently or you just sit in the pub and bore people? Come across so many people like you over the years...gives me a little chuckle..ta muchly Wink

bigndumb

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:44 am

Though a lowly Englishman, I disagree the celebrations are an English problem. A lot more of it in the SH, where they can be celebrated, as in the following video from Australia's Rugby HQ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVOh-niWl0w

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:01 pm

bigndumb wrote:English rugby is a dirge of set piece and 10 man rugby. Welsh by contrast a warrior poets battle of passion and relentless feast and famine.

lol and you talk about stereotypes ??? Hahah
You watched any international rugby recently or you just sit in the pub and bore people?  Come across so many people like you over the years...gives me a little chuckle..ta muchly Wink

i bet it does, small things always please small minds

bigndumb…i bet you are!

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:09 pm

lostinwales wrote:

He's already stated elsewhere that he lives in the USA+ Canada now. Funny he's picked up on a 'wum' started by a Welsh poster, although it was all our fault for responding to what was said.

stalker

fyi i live in Vancouver and Seattle. I use my boat to get from one to another. how's the weather in milton keynes?

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:46 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:English fans are just bitter that they have squandered the opportunity to develop the likes of Moriarty and Francis and now Wales are reaping the benefits.

YAWN….its Englishmen banign on about these players, not the Welsh….how obtuse can you be!

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:04 pm

You should meet up with another ex pat rainbow warrior Gwlad. You'll get on like a house on fire...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:58 pm

Gwlad wrote:[ yet still have to import to get an edge

The Edge still lives in ireland, Im not sure what U2 have to do with this anyway.

Joking aside the England world cup squad has 3 players born outside the England (unless Im forgetting someone obscure? cba to fact check). They have all lived and worked here most of their adult lives, and all but Barrit come through the England age grade system.

OK the Welsh can claim credit for developing Mako at Ponty, but its only really Barrit who's an out and out import....even he has a UK passport, English heritage, and was already an import to South Africa. He also played for Wales in 2013.

Unless we are counting Burgess as foriegn, to be fair he doenst speak very good english.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:02 pm

Breadvan wrote:You should meet up with another ex pat rainbow warrior Gwlad. You'll get on like a house on fire...

Like your work Breadvan.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:33 pm

New thread, same idiots. I don't know why you bother entertaining them, you're just making them feel wanted.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:43 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:New thread, same idiots. I don't know why you bother entertaining them, you're just making them feel wanted.

you fit in so well pooooly

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next