The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales vs Uruguay

+49
Hoonercat
doctornickolas
emack2
TJ
kingjohn7
Artful_Dodger
Seagultaf
yappysnap
Poorfour
wrfc1980
2ndtimeround
trebellbobaggins
offload
glamorganalun
whocares
TightHEAD
Scottrf
eirebilly
nobbled
Geordie
pennys_gold_boots
GavinDragon
wales606
Fanster
Gooseberry
Cardiff Dave
mikey_dragon
majesticimperialman
munkian
ScarletSpiderman
Bridgend_Osprey
hjumpshoe
wayne
robbo277
Luckless Pedestrian
Shifty
flyhalffactory
LordDowlais
RubyGuby
No9
chris_501
bedfordwelsh
George Carlin
PenfroPete
Gwlad
Liam
LondonTiger
SecretFly
maestegmafia
53 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Wales vs Uruguay  - Page 6 Empty Wales vs Uruguay

Post by maestegmafia Mon 14 Sep 2015, 7:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Wales vs Uruguay  - Page 6 Wales_10Wales vs Uruguay  - Page 6 Union_11
WALES vs URUGUAY
Millennium Stadium
Sunday September 20th @ 14:30

Live coverage on ITV and S4C

Referee: Romain Poite (France)
Assistant referees: Pascal Gauzère (France), Mathieu Raynal (France)

Television match official: Ben Skeen (New Zealand)

And so it starts.

RWC 2015, first up for Wales are Uruguay. A team of amateur players that are the lowest ranked team in the competition. They qualified by beating Russia, this is their third RWC. They have won two games previously against Spain and Georgia.

Wales are huge favourites for the game but as the Uruguayans are the weakest team in the group Wales actually have a massive pressure on them to perform at the top of their game and set a bench mark score, that should this pool go down to points, will beat the others in contention.

On the back of a disastrous game in Cardiff against Italy, Wales will have had to re-focus themselves for this game.

Wales have never played Uruguay before. Our A team played them once back in 2001 where a young Shane Williams scored two tries and Gavin Henson excelled at fullback for Wales to win 66 points to 22.

We have no idea what damage teams like England and Australia could do to a tired Uruguay team towards the end of the pool stages. Wales will need to put a cricket score on Uruguay to prove a point before going into our first major game at Twickenham.

Wales Team

Liam Williams (Scarlets); Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), Cory Allen (Cardiff Blues), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Hallam Amos (Newport Gwent Dragons); Rhys Priestland (Bath Rugby), Gareth Davies (Scarlets); Paul James (Ospreys), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Jake Ball (Scarlets), Luke Charteris (Racing 92), Sam Warburton (Captain, Cardiff Blues), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), James King (Ospreys).

Replacements: Ken Owens (Scarlets), Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Dominic Day (Bath Rugby), Dan Lydiate (Ospreys), Ross Moriarty (Gloucester Rugby), Lloyd Williams (Cardiff Blues), Matthew Morgan (Bristol Rugby)

Uruguay Team

15 Gaston Mieres, 14 Santiago Gibernau, 13 Joaquin Prada, 12 Andres Vilaseca, 11 Rodrigo Silva, 10 Felipe Berchesi, 9 Agustin Ormaechea, 8 Alejandro Nieto, 7 Matias Beer, 6 Juan Manuel Gaminara, 5 Jorge Zerbino, 4 Santiago Vilaseca, 3 Mario Sagario, 2 Carlos Arboleya, 1 Alejo Corral.
Replacements: 16 German Kessler, 17 Oscar Duran, 18 Mateo Sanguinetti, 19 Franco Lamanna, 20 Agustin Alonso, 21 Juan De Freitas, 22 Alejo Duran, 23 Francisco Bulanti.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 1:46 pm; edited 3 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Wales vs Uruguay  - Page 6 Empty Re: Wales vs Uruguay

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:34 pm

they got no favours in the pool they were given though. I think they get weekend game preference due to being the hosts.

Reckon Wales are favourites then?  Could be.  I think it looks incredibly tight myself.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:39 pm

trebellbobaggins wrote:they got no favours in the pool they were given though. I think they get weekend game preference due to being the hosts.

Reckon Wales are favourites then?  Could be.  I think it looks incredibly tight myself.

You seriously think Wales are favourites? What with all the injuries they have? I don't know so much.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:40 pm

England and the Aussies will put 80 or 90 points on thus Uruguay team. Dissapointing really by wales.

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:41 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:
trebellbobaggins wrote:they got no favours in the pool they were given though. I think they get weekend game preference due to being the hosts.

You seriously think Wales are favourites? What with all the injuries they have? I don't know so much.

I was asking the one above who mentioned Aussie and Wales going through.

I don't know to be honest. If Engs forwards aren't tighter then maybe so.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:41 pm

Injuries are part of the game and will always be.
Most the handling errors came from Cuthbert and Amos but why let that get in the way of criticising Priestland eh, he obviously is the cause of everything that is wrong with Welsh rugby. or at least he is in the narrow minds of some.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by pennys_gold_boots Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:46 pm

Cory looks to be out with a hamstring injury

pennys_gold_boots

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:49 pm

Considering how weak Uruguay are, I thought that was pretty shambolic from Wales, especially at the cost of more injuries.

I'm not sure what it means for next Friday , because it wasn't the full Wales starting team. It's likely to be a close game, especially if England don't fix whatever is up with the scrum.

But if it's close at 60 minutes, it looks to me as if Wales could fade once the bench empties.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:49 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:Injuries are part of the game and will always be.
Most the handling errors came from Cuthbert and Amos but why let that get in the way of criticising Priestland eh, he obviously is the cause of everything that is wrong with Welsh rugby. or at least he is in the narrow minds of some.

That's ridiculous. Priestland was average today, no better. He had some nice calls and defended well. He also missed two penalty kicks to touch which at this level is not acceptable. If you think the overall team performance was good, that's up to you. I don't, particularly in the backs where we have very little depth or experience. Of course we can win next Saturday, but we are certainly not favourites, far from it.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:51 pm

You sure about that? I noticed one other backline player who made more handling errors than Amos.

These are the idiot posts I always have to put up with after having given an accurate description of Priestland's performance. Not only that but numerous posters have quite clearly stated that all the backs were poor, but why let that get in the way of you giving Priestland his 'weekly confidence boost' eh. The problem being it's been said months in advance that Priestland can't play at this level. Even when playing against amateurs like today he makes the usual basic errors. It was an off day for some players but it's the norm for RP and just reinforces everything that's been said about him.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:55 pm

Poorfour wrote:Considering how weak Uruguay are, I thought that was pretty shambolic from Wales, especially at the cost of more injuries.

I'm not sure what it means for next Friday , because it wasn't the full Wales starting team. It's likely to be a close game, especially if England don't fix whatever is up with the scrum.

But if it's close at 60 minutes, it looks to me as if Wales could fade once the bench empties.

How many key players are due to come back in? it could make all the difference then.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:56 pm

Not if we don't have a TH and full-back.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:56 pm

offload wrote:

That's ridiculous.  Priestland was average today, no better.  He had some nice calls and defended well.  He also missed two penalty kicks to touch which at this level is not acceptable.  If you think the overall team performance was good, that's up to you.  I don't, particularly in the backs where we have very little depth or experience.  Of course we can win next Saturday, but we are certainly not favourites, far from it.  

I don't think for 1 minute we are favourites next week, I have responded solely to the diretripe on here criticising the team for winning a game, personally I have always preferred Biggars game to Priestlands incidentally, however he does not deserve to be criticised for todays performance by fans that clearly understand little about the game overall.
Our Wings where very rusty today but the overall team performance was not bad especially considering the game was controlled by one of Rugby's more pedantic officials.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:58 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

You sure about that? I noticed one other backline player who made more handling errors than Amos.

These are the idiot posts I always have to put up with after having given an accurate description of Priestland's performance. Not only that but numerous posters have quite clearly stated that all the backs were poor, but why let that get in the way of you giving Priestland his 'weekly confidence boost' eh. The problem being it's been said months in advance that Priestland can't play at this level. Even when playing against amateurs like today he makes the usual basic errors. It was an off day for some players but it's the norm for RP and just reinforces everything that's been said about him.

only one idiot on here mate.
Look me up after any Scarlets game if you feel like discussing it.
and yes Cuthbert made more errors

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 20 Sep 2015, 6:04 pm

Yeah I'd say it's you with your dumb and ill-informed responses. As has been said the backs were poor but Priestland has come back in to show yet again why he can't play at this level. If it's any consolation for a one-eyed turk, I and some others also think Cuthbert should have been dropped long ago. Me and others have been consistent with our verdict on RP for quite some time and today reinforced it.

No thanks.

I alluded to Amos, in clear English, not Cuthbert. I said one other, meaning besides Cuthbert. It was Scott Williams by the way. You said Cuthbert and Amos so it's not even clear whether that means errors by Cuthbert and Amos put together.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sun 20 Sep 2015, 6:15 pm

trebellbobaggins wrote:

I was asking the one above who mentioned Aussie and Wales going through.

I don't know to be honest. If Engs forwards aren't tighter then maybe so.

Assume you meant me as my post is above (on previous page)...

Post was a little tongue in cheek... Do I think Aus and Wales will beat England... All banter aside, each of them are capable of beating each other. Who'll exit victorious, I don't really know... I do think however, if they each lose a game to each other, is. England, Australia and Wales each lose one game, then I think England will be in the driving seat having Uruguay last of all and knowing exactly what they have to do. We (Wales) have blown it if we end up relying on points diff, as we didn't stack up enough, and aren't likely to stack up any points against Fiji, they could even beat us, but can't consider that option, as it triggers off nightmares from 2007.

Love to see both Wales and England go through and met again I the final. What a game that would be... Also, any more injuries and I'll be digging my old boots out from the box in my garage... You never know thumbsup

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 20 Sep 2015, 6:22 pm

It was you indeed no9.  Good points.  I think it's really tight.

I'd love to see them both go through too, keep all the home interest. Bit worried about Aussie though.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 20 Sep 2015, 6:25 pm

Well I said all along we should have played our best XV and think I was proven right, was a very poor and disjointed performance.

Yes a win is a win and 5pts but thats were the positives end for me.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 20 Sep 2015, 6:26 pm

No9 wrote:

Love to see both Wales and England go through and met again I the final. What a game that would be... Also, any more injuries and I'll be digging my old boots out from the box in my garage... You never know thumbsup

You and Adam Jones, No9, back in the fray.... just like the old days. Eddie Butler is writing the poetry now. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sun 20 Sep 2015, 6:29 pm

trebellbobaggins wrote:It was you indeed no9.  Good points.  I think it's really tight.

I'd love to see them both go through too, keep all the home interest.  Bit worried about Aussie though.

It would be fantastic.....

And if Japan tought us anything yesterday, is NEVER give up...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sun 20 Sep 2015, 6:31 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Well I said all along we should have played our best XV and think I was proven right, was a very poor and disjointed performance.

Yes a win is a win and 5pts but thats were the positives end for me.

I agree Bedford, no said if earlie. No point saving the so called first string side, if they get knocked out on points diff...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sun 20 Sep 2015, 6:32 pm

SecretFly wrote:
No9 wrote:

You and Adam Jones, No9, back in the fray.... just like the old days.  Eddie Butler is writing the poetry now. Wink

Very Happy .. Only problem is I'm carrying a few more pounds than Adam these days. ...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 20 Sep 2015, 6:35 pm

No9 wrote:
trebellbobaggins wrote:It was you indeed no9.  Good points.  I think it's really tight.

I'd love to see them both go through too, keep all the home interest.  Bit worried about Aussie though.

It would be fantastic.....

And if Japan tought us anything yesterday, is NEVER give up...

very true.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sun 20 Sep 2015, 6:38 pm

Mikey

Cuthbert made more errors than anyone.
Amos was the next most prolific in the error count.

Scott made one try but did knock on in contact twice I believe.
Priestlands only errors where failing to find touch with 2 of his many kicks.

New Zealand have just made more handling errors than Wales did so by your logic is that because Dan Carter is crap? !!!!!

Wales won by 45 points, the biggest winning margin of the 1st round yet you still choose to criticise!!! Get real.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 20 Sep 2015, 6:46 pm

I'd say Oz are: they get Fiji mid week after Fiji get very little rest, so should get a good p/d, then a nice break before playing Uro second to last.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 20 Sep 2015, 7:01 pm

Wales looked pretty rusty, lots of dropped and loose passes but got the job done. On the plus side, Scott Williams, Priestland, Samson, James, both locks and Tipuric looked good. Not so impressed by Cuthbert, Amos, Morgan, King and despite a fine hat trick Cory.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 20 Sep 2015, 7:12 pm

Injuries to Sanjay, Cory, Samson, James, Jarvis and Lydiate. I expect Tyler Morgan to come in for Cory, as his injury leaves only 2 fit centres but maybe with three props injured a tight head (not Andrews please) may be called up?

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 20 Sep 2015, 8:06 pm

Any one think Hook will be called up to cover the injuries?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 20 Sep 2015, 8:13 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Any one think Hook will be called up to cover the injuries?

Personally I hope not but he's in among a few options. Allen was originally picked ahead of Tyler Morgan so he's an option, not sure how Anscombes injury is and then there is Walker as well.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 20 Sep 2015, 8:30 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:Mikey

New Zealand have just made more handling errors than Wales did so by your logic is that because Dan Carter is crap? !!!!!

Wales won by 45 points, the biggest winning margin of the 1st round yet you still choose to criticise!!!   Get real.

I'm not doubting that Cuthbert made the most errors (there's no surprise there given his form), and I never said otherwise. I don't think Amos was next in the count, I thought it was Williams, unless you can show otherwise?

Scott knocked on in contact quite often, a few players did. At this level and against amateurs that is unacceptable. You may be right about Priestland but those are the errors he makes in EVERY single international match, which shows he can't cut it at this level. An off day for most backs, but just the usual crap form from Priestland and Cuthbert. I'm willing to admit Priestland and Davies were probably the best of the backs out there, but that just shows how poor the guys behind the forward pack are!

No. That's not my logic at all and I've not said anything of the sort about Priestland - hence why I said your first post was an idiotic one. Your reply to somebody else was in the same vein. All I have merely done is agree with the posters who said Priestland was not having a good game and insinuated it was a reoccurring theme. Dan Carter is probably still in the top 3 fly-halves in world rugby.

You're the one who seriously needs to hit reality. This is an amateur team ranked 19th in the world and we looked poor and as if we were stuck in 2nd gear. I think you might wake up if England and Aus put a bigger score on them which I expect they will. For me it was the worst spectacle of the world cup to date.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 20 Sep 2015, 8:37 pm

Seagultaf wrote:Injuries to Sanjay, Cory, Samson, James, Jarvis and Lydiate. I expect Tyler Morgan to come in for Cory, as his injury leaves only 2 fit centres but maybe with three props injured a tight head (not Andrews please) may be called up?

Jarvis isn't injured? I guess he will go back to covering TH and they will call up Rob Evans who should have been in the squad originally. If Anscombe has recovered maybe they'll call him back up too, as he can play 15. I can't see us relying on Morgan or Amos to play there after they gave pretty average cameo's today. With Walker also injured we now know Cuthbert will be staying put Erm.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun 20 Sep 2015, 8:39 pm

Just heard Allen is out of the tournament with a ruptured hamstring. I assume Tyler Morgan will replace?

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sun 20 Sep 2015, 9:14 pm

We have almost zero hope if qualifying now. We were up against it anyway, factor in the injuries and England's Max points against Fiji we r pretty done, today's points difference is almost certainly not enough. Realistically we r unlikely to beat AUS. England is pretty much a 50/50 but they r at home and in better form than us, not to mention the injury crisis. We have to beat them both and Fiji to qualify. Its 1st and unbeaten or we r out, no 2nd place qualification for us.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 20 Sep 2015, 9:25 pm

King,

Only Allens injury has been confirmed yet but he wouldn't have featured anyway. We are still capable of fielding our 1st choice pack bar 1 but Francis is capable of filling in.

If Liam Williams is out then the backs do become a worry but he's not ruled out yet.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 20 Sep 2015, 9:28 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:King,

Only Allens injury has been confirmed yet but he wouldn't have featured anyway.  We are still capable of fielding our 1st choice pack bar 1 but Francis is capable of filling in.

If Liam Williams is out then the backs do become a worry but he's not ruled out yet.

Sad news for Cory Allen he was playing well. I imagine Tyler will come in as you said.

I think most others were taken off as precaution rather than necessity.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sun 20 Sep 2015, 9:37 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

Wales won by 45 points, the biggest winning margin of the 1st round yet you still choose to criticise!!!   Get real.

I'm not doubting that Cuthbert made the most errors (there's no surprise there given his form), and I never said otherwise. I don't think Amos was next in the count, I thought it was Williams, unless you can show otherwise?

Scott knocked on in contact quite often, a few players did. At this level and against amateurs that is unacceptable. You may be right about Priestland but those are the errors he makes in EVERY single international match, which shows he can't cut it at this level. An off day for most backs, but just the usual crap form from Priestland and Cuthbert. I'm willing to admit Priestland and Davies were probably the best of the backs out there, but that just shows how poor the guys behind the forward pack are!

No. That's not my logic at all and I've not said anything of the sort about Priestland - hence why I said your first post was an idiotic one. Your reply to somebody else was in the same vein. All I have merely done is agree with the posters who said Priestland was not having a good game and insinuated it was a reoccurring theme. Dan Carter is probably still in the top 3 fly-halves in world rugby.

You're the one who seriously needs to hit reality. This is an amateur team ranked 19th in the world and we looked poor and as if we were stuck in 2nd gear. I think you might wake up if England and Aus put a bigger score on them which I expect they will. For me it was the worst spectacle of the world cup to date.

My point was simple. Wales just won their opening game, by the biggest margin of the 1st round, without conceding a try and all the rhetoric on here was about how poor the team and especially Priestland were.
Incase you didn't notice the Boks lost to Japan.
Canada are just 1 place above Uruguay in the rankings with a similar result against Ireland.
but some people would rather just moan about anything and snatch every opportunity to try to complain about certain players.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 20 Sep 2015, 9:43 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Yeah I'd say it's you with your dumb and ill-informed responses. As has been said the backs were poor but Priestland has come back in to show yet again why he can't play at this level. If it's any consolation for a one-eyed turk, I and some others also think Cuthbert should have been dropped long ago. Me and others have been consistent with our verdict on RP for quite some time and today reinforced it.

No thanks.

I alluded to Amos, in clear English, not Cuthbert. I said one other, meaning besides Cuthbert. It was Scott Williams by the way. You said Cuthbert and Amos so it's not even clear whether that means errors by Cuthbert and Amos put together.

The difference being you can get away with an off form winger in most cases, though granted Cuthbert did throw away a blind pass against Italy resulting in the early try and botched a try scoring oppertunity by diving over the top of the ruck and knocking it on.  

You can't get away with a cack fly half who can't do the basics, and I don't mean kicking to touch either, Priestland always loses the ball forward when going into contact I dread it when I see him run at defenders with the ball in hand. A good team will score a try from that kind of mistake.

Priestlands entire game is passing a flat ball to the inside center running hard and straight, the 12 hits the 10-12 channel, hopefully both defending 10 and 12 hit the center, the center offloads and Priestland having looped round his inside center, now hits the hole, drawing in their outside center and releasing the backs who now have an overlap. Basically he loops around the inside center and that's pretty much it. Then of course he either drops the ball, or loses it in contact.... steam
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sun 20 Sep 2015, 10:08 pm

Fecking amazed at some of the comments of Priestland. Watched the Welsh match with a load of Scots and a fair few Englishman and all of us thought he had a good game.

Shifty look at the stats tommorow, he made three of the first four tries, kicked seven out of eight conversions (should have nailed all of them tbh), found touch and good possession with all but bleeding two of his kicks, lost possession the least of any back, and made more tackles than most if not all of his team mates. Amazing how there were so many Welsh players who played worse than him including Warburton, Lydiate (who was dire), Cuthbert, Amos and yet there are the usual suspects who unsurprisingly crucified.... Yet all commentators on ITV and according to my "Welsh" friends who watched it on S4C praised RPs control and inovative play.

Obviously two totally different games played
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 20 Sep 2015, 10:23 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

My point was simple. Wales just won their opening game, by the biggest margin of the 1st round, without conceding a try and all the rhetoric on here was about how poor the team and especially Priestland were.
Incase you didn't notice the Boks lost to Japan.
Canada are just 1 place above Uruguay in the rankings with a similar result against Ireland.
but some people would rather just moan about anything and snatch every opportunity to try to complain about certain players.

This is a confusing comment and I'm at a loss as to why you've told me this info? It's quite simple, Wales are the team I focus on most and today's match against Uruguay was the worst spectacle in the world cup so far IMO. People are entitled to an opinion. Nobody has singled out Priestland for being the worst, he wasn't. Some posters merely pointed out that he is still making the same basic errors from fly-half which IMO reinforces our past comments; you dragged it back up. Amos is getting slated, there's no wimpy fans crying over it. Cuthbert is getting slated, Allen is getting slated, Morgan has been for weeks; again there's no wimpy fans crying over it. I'm once again at a loss to see why I ALWAYS have to read these idiotic comments EVERY time I utter a fair and accurate comment on how RP performed.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sun 20 Sep 2015, 10:28 pm

Idiotic!!..... Strewth.
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 20 Sep 2015, 10:35 pm

Shifty wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Yeah I'd say it's you with your dumb and ill-informed responses. As has been said the backs were poor but Priestland has come back in to show yet again why he can't play at this level. If it's any consolation for a one-eyed turk, I and some others also think Cuthbert should have been dropped long ago. Me and others have been consistent with our verdict on RP for quite some time and today reinforced it.

No thanks.

The difference being you can get away with an off form winger in most cases, though granted Cuthbert did throw away a blind pass against Italy resulting in the early try and botched a try scoring oppertunity by diving over the top of the ruck and knocking it on.  

You can't get away with a cack fly half who can't do the basics, and I don't mean kicking to touch either, Priestland always loses the ball forward when going into contact I dread it when I see him run at defenders with the ball in hand. A good team will score a try from that kind of mistake.

Priestlands entire game is passing a flat ball to the inside center running hard and straight, the 12 hits the 10-12 channel, hopefully both defending 10 and 12 hit the center, the center offloads and Priestland having looped round his inside center, now hits the hole, drawing in their outside center and releasing the backs who now have an overlap.  Basically he loops around the inside center and that's pretty much it.  Then of course he either drops the ball, or loses it in contact.... steam

It's been Priestland's contribution to the national team since end of 2013, and has been getting worse since. Hence no starts for Wales unless it's against amateurs of course. With the overwhelming evidence from these numerous spectacles I've no idea why we get slated for pointing out the bleeding obvious.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sun 20 Sep 2015, 10:52 pm

I thought Preistland had his best game for two years but he was up against a team that most of the teams in the Welsh Premiership would beat which makes Wales performance disappointing despite the convincing win.

I agree with Shifty regarding Preistland I have little confidence when he is on the park, I rather him start than come on after 60mins like the last Irish game, i.e., dropping a good pass from Webb 10m from his own goal line and then a rubbish clearance putting Ireland in the driving seat and nearly winning the game. He has a habbit of kicking the ball away in the last minute of games like Australia when Wales were winning.

I thought Cuthbert, Amos, Allen and Scott Williams made too many mistakes, Amos and Cuthbert received poor passes from Allen. Allen's tries were well taken but he was well set up by others.

No complains regardng the forwards and scrum half and only Scott Williams in the backs created any breaks.

Interesting who will replace Allen I hope it is someone who can pass and hold the ball in both hands unlike Allen.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sun 20 Sep 2015, 10:57 pm

Mikey_Dragon
Don't bang on about the past games to justify your comments on the most current one.

These might be idiotic to you but to most people there are the facts of TODAYS game.

He nailed 7 out of 8 conversions!..... 88% accuracy!
He made 3 out first 4 tries in three different way, grubber, deft chip, and long miss-pass!
He hit every touch and made good yardage with the exception of TWO kicks!
He made and nailed more tackles than Cuthbert, Allen and Amos combined
He beat defenders and almost got through for two tries himself

He did miss one reasonably simple conversion
He did get turned over once
He did miss two attempts at touch
He did knock on once
But that's a lot less than most of his team mates.

So give it a bleeding rest
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 20 Sep 2015, 11:00 pm

Well said alun, the RP brigade don't like it up 'um Wink.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sun 20 Sep 2015, 11:05 pm

glamorganalun wrote:I thought Preistland had his best game for two years but he was up against a team that most of the teams in the Welsh Premiership would beat which makes Wales performance disappointing despite the convincing win.

I agree with Shifty regarding Preistland I have little confidence when he is on the park, I rather him start than come on after 60mins like the last Irish game, i.e., dropping a good pass from Webb 10m from his own goal line and then a rubbish clearance putting Ireland in the driving seat and nearly winning the game. He has a habbit of kicking the ball away in the last minute of games like Australia when Wales were winning.

I thought Cuthbert, Amos, Allen and Scott Williams made too many mistakes, Amos and Cuthbert received poor passes from Allen. Allen's tries were well taken but he was well set up by others.

No complains regardng the forwards and scrum half and only Scott Williams in the backs created any breaks.

Interesting who will replace Allen I hope it is someone who can pass and hold the ball in both hands unlike Allen.

Alun
You talk a lot of sense and I always read your messages knowing that there is no bias and its based on you actually watching matches and understanding the match.

However..........

He was under instructions to kick it long, for one simple reason... your forwards had been strangled all throughout the match, if he had passed it inside which was the only option then there was every chance the Aussies would have turned you over for a penalty which no doubt they would have gone for the touch, then pick and drive. The kick was a damn good one (and no one can argue with that) and yet not one Welsh players followed it up and closed the Aussies down.

You guys can bang on about that kick till the cows come home, the fact was that no matter who was the 10 (be it Biggar, Hook, Henson, Jiffy, Bennett or John) in that position they all would have done the same.

Last edited by flyhalffactory on Sun 20 Sep 2015, 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sun 20 Sep 2015, 11:10 pm

This is exactly the reason I stopped bothering with this site, to many clueless keyboard commandos.
oh well you guys obviously know more than the professional pundits.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 20 Sep 2015, 11:13 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:This is exactly the reason I stopped bothering with this site, to many clueless keyboard commandos.

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Sun 20 Sep 2015, 11:14 pm

Well, actually ... Most of the professional pundits seem out of date to me. It's only the recently retired ones like Shane, BOD, Kay and Greenwood that really seem to understand what the modern game actually requires. The only exceptions from the older generation are Geech and Moore (love him or hate him, his technical analysis is usually spot on).
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 20 Sep 2015, 11:26 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:This is exactly the reason I stopped bothering with this site, to many clueless keyboard commandos.

Oh dear. Seeing as that's why you stopped and when you return you've nothing better to do than slag off people that harbour a different to opinion to you then these debating forums aren't your thing.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sun 20 Sep 2015, 11:36 pm

RubyGuby wrote:

thumbsup

Agree with you both

Its plainly obvious with some of them its tribal. Sweeping statement merchants who can never back up their stance, and probably have never been to rugby match in their life
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 20 Sep 2015, 11:41 pm

Ihave to say welsh threads tend to be amusing for the way the welsh fans attack each other and the team. I rarely comment on them tho because someone will accuse you of hating the welsh for stating North is not God and Phillips is both stupid and slow

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next