The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales vs Uruguay

+49
Hoonercat
doctornickolas
emack2
TJ
kingjohn7
Artful_Dodger
Seagultaf
yappysnap
Poorfour
wrfc1980
2ndtimeround
trebellbobaggins
offload
glamorganalun
whocares
TightHEAD
Scottrf
eirebilly
nobbled
Geordie
pennys_gold_boots
GavinDragon
wales606
Fanster
Gooseberry
Cardiff Dave
mikey_dragon
majesticimperialman
munkian
ScarletSpiderman
Bridgend_Osprey
hjumpshoe
wayne
robbo277
Luckless Pedestrian
Shifty
flyhalffactory
LordDowlais
RubyGuby
No9
chris_501
bedfordwelsh
George Carlin
PenfroPete
Gwlad
Liam
LondonTiger
SecretFly
maestegmafia
53 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Wales vs Uruguay  - Page 2 Empty Wales vs Uruguay

Post by maestegmafia Mon 14 Sep 2015, 19:18

First topic message reminder :

Wales vs Uruguay  - Page 2 Wales_10Wales vs Uruguay  - Page 2 Union_11
WALES vs URUGUAY
Millennium Stadium
Sunday September 20th @ 14:30

Live coverage on ITV and S4C

Referee: Romain Poite (France)
Assistant referees: Pascal Gauzère (France), Mathieu Raynal (France)

Television match official: Ben Skeen (New Zealand)

And so it starts.

RWC 2015, first up for Wales are Uruguay. A team of amateur players that are the lowest ranked team in the competition. They qualified by beating Russia, this is their third RWC. They have won two games previously against Spain and Georgia.

Wales are huge favourites for the game but as the Uruguayans are the weakest team in the group Wales actually have a massive pressure on them to perform at the top of their game and set a bench mark score, that should this pool go down to points, will beat the others in contention.

On the back of a disastrous game in Cardiff against Italy, Wales will have had to re-focus themselves for this game.

Wales have never played Uruguay before. Our A team played them once back in 2001 where a young Shane Williams scored two tries and Gavin Henson excelled at fullback for Wales to win 66 points to 22.

We have no idea what damage teams like England and Australia could do to a tired Uruguay team towards the end of the pool stages. Wales will need to put a cricket score on Uruguay to prove a point before going into our first major game at Twickenham.

Wales Team

Liam Williams (Scarlets); Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), Cory Allen (Cardiff Blues), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Hallam Amos (Newport Gwent Dragons); Rhys Priestland (Bath Rugby), Gareth Davies (Scarlets); Paul James (Ospreys), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Jake Ball (Scarlets), Luke Charteris (Racing 92), Sam Warburton (Captain, Cardiff Blues), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), James King (Ospreys).

Replacements: Ken Owens (Scarlets), Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Dominic Day (Bath Rugby), Dan Lydiate (Ospreys), Ross Moriarty (Gloucester Rugby), Lloyd Williams (Cardiff Blues), Matthew Morgan (Bristol Rugby)

Uruguay Team

15 Gaston Mieres, 14 Santiago Gibernau, 13 Joaquin Prada, 12 Andres Vilaseca, 11 Rodrigo Silva, 10 Felipe Berchesi, 9 Agustin Ormaechea, 8 Alejandro Nieto, 7 Matias Beer, 6 Juan Manuel Gaminara, 5 Jorge Zerbino, 4 Santiago Vilaseca, 3 Mario Sagario, 2 Carlos Arboleya, 1 Alejo Corral.
Replacements: 16 German Kessler, 17 Oscar Duran, 18 Mateo Sanguinetti, 19 Franco Lamanna, 20 Agustin Alonso, 21 Juan De Freitas, 22 Alejo Duran, 23 Francisco Bulanti.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 13:46; edited 3 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Wales vs Uruguay  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wales vs Uruguay

Post by Bridgend_Osprey Wed 16 Sep 2015, 13:45

LordDowlais wrote:
hjumpshoe wrote:It's funny you mention Shane Williams as the great entertainer himself has raved about Nipper's running ability. I am at work so haven't the ability to post YouTube clips of him but I am sure they are there.

Of course they are there, there are probably youtube clips that has Gethin Jenkins ripping it up in broken play, but would you say the same about him ? Look, Matthew Morgan has brilliant feet, and he is potentially like Shane Williams, but he never has delivered. So I just cannot not get the big hoo haa over him. I bet Biggar has shown more ability in broken play over the years than nipper has.

Watch MM try against Edinburgh and then you'll realise Dan Biggar has never produced the kind of running ability that MM has

Bridgend_Osprey

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 16 Sep 2015, 13:46

hjumpshoe wrote:in a game where we need points against a tired semi-pro side, I'd give him the ball with space ahead of most.

I'd give it to one of George North, Scott Williams, Jamie Roberts, Sam Warburton. They would not need a side step, the would just bust through them. If you want somebody to cause havoc when the opposition is tired, you nee Justin Tuperic, he will be first at every breakdown nicking the ball to keep things ticking over.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 16 Sep 2015, 13:48

Bridgend_Osprey wrote:Watch MM try against Edinburgh and then you'll realise Dan Biggar has never produced the kind of running ability that MM has

Welcome to the forum. thumbsup

I am not saying MM does not have the ability, he just never does what people are saying on here, and that is cause havoc. I have never seen it. Yes I have seen moments of brilliance, but I have never seen a Dan Carter vs the Lions type of performance that people are expecting from him.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by hjumpshoe Wed 16 Sep 2015, 13:50

Lord, I did say most not all! Of the players you mentioned, Scott should still be on the field at 60, as should Tips and North and Doc would hopefully be snuggled up somewhere with a hot water bottle and a cup of horlicks dreaming about the pounding they're gonna give the English in the next game.

hjumpshoe

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 13:54

Personally I would like to see Nipper on the bench, with the big lumps starting, and then bring on the nippy pacey players off the bench 45mins in. Seeing as Phil Davies is Uruguay's coach, we know that they will be very unlikely to change up their systems, and the change in style will mess them up good and proper.

So I would go

Li Williams, Cuthbert, Sc Williams, Roberts, North, Biggar, Phillips;
James, Baldwin, Lee, Ball, AWJ, Moriaty, Warburton, Faletau

bringing on at 45 mins-ish

Mathew Morgan for Cuthbert, moving Snajay to wing
Priestland for Biggar
Cawdor for Phillips
Tipuric for Warburton

and then at around 60 mins

Owens for Baldwin
Jenkins for James
Francis for Lee
Charteris for AWJ.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by hjumpshoe Wed 16 Sep 2015, 14:00

Scarlet, Davies is Namibian coach I believe but that's irrelevant! I just don't wanna see any of our 'irreplaceable' players get an injury against Uruguay when other squad players can get the job done. Btw, I'm pretty sure Gats will select a side closer to the one you've picked as opposed to the one I'm thinking of.

hjumpshoe

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 16 Sep 2015, 14:09

I think all returning injured players need at least 50-60 mins to boost their match fitness.

I'd go with SW and Allen in the centre - Roberts is too valuable to risk.

I'd start Cuthbert, Amos and Davies in the back and have Nipper on the bench, possibly along with North.

Would probably start Tips too.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 14:10

Oops, I even typed in Namibian coach, and though hang on we're playing Uruguay, sorry about that.

I can see where you are coming from, but I am not too sure how many players are truly irreplaceable.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 14:25

Just thinking, if Jarvis is the third hooker, would it make sense to have him on the bench. Bring him on at hooker for say 10-15 mins before bringing Lee off, moving Jarvis to tighthead and brigning a proper hooker off the bench.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by hjumpshoe Wed 16 Sep 2015, 14:26

Scarlet, for me Sanjay, North,Scott and Doc, Biggar, Faletau, Lydiate, AWJ and Lee are all irreplaceable within this Welsh squad. Of course, Sanjay and Lee need game time and one of the centres prob must start(Scott I reckon). I know we cannot rest them all but we have a 31 man squad for a reason, we need to use it.

hjumpshoe

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 16:14

Has the team been name for this week end all ready?

Is there a certain time/day when the team as to be named before the week end?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 16:28

Team is being named Friday, or at least that's what I read somewhere.

Don't quote me on it but I think 48hrs.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 16:36

Cheers. Was not sure if had to be 3/4 days or so.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 16 Sep 2015, 17:57

LordDowlais wrote:
Bridgend_Osprey wrote:Watch MM try against Edinburgh and then you'll realise Dan Biggar has never produced the kind of running ability that MM has

Welcome to the forum. thumbsup

I am not saying MM does not have the ability, he just never does what people are saying on here, and that is cause havoc. I have never seen it. Yes I have seen moments of brilliance, but I have never seen a Dan Carter vs the Lions type of performance that people are expecting from him.

Lord, I think that is expecting a bit much! I think MM is a decent player, but hasn't really been given much opportunities as of yet. I think so far he's done alright against top opposition. If he can work on some of his flaws he could become more of a regular in the future - if he plays average or poor and still gets as many opportunities as Priestland then it's a fair deal.

Very Happy

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 16 Sep 2015, 18:40

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6fh_IZk52o

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vmj-8nV_iq4

Both good links

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Sep 2015, 19:09

maestegmafia wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6fh_IZk52o

Both good links

First link aint up to much but the clips in the 2nd one are superb! Of course they're clips so only show his awesome bits, and not the blunders, but what an exciting runner and play maker. Would he be as effective at international level with less space? Only one way to find out...

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 16 Sep 2015, 19:32

He did well against the springboks on tour last summer.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 16 Sep 2015, 20:06

Griff wrote:

Both good links

First link aint up to much but the clips in the 2nd one are superb!  Of course they're clips so only show his awesome bits, and not the blunders, but what an exciting runner and play maker.  Would he be as effective at international level with less space?  Only one way to find out...
It's a pity Maes you couldn't find the clips that show him either making breaks and getting isolated and turned over, or trying breaks and again getting turned over for us (Ospreys), because without having to repeat themselves 2 or 3 times the clips would last about 20 minutes easily.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 16 Sep 2015, 20:25

wayne wrote:
Griff wrote:

Both good links

First link aint up to much but the clips in the 2nd one are superb!  Of course they're clips so only show his awesome bits, and not the blunders, but what an exciting runner and play maker.  Would he be as effective at international level with less space?  Only one way to find out...
It's a pity Maes you couldn't find the clips that show him either making breaks and getting isolated and turned over, or trying breaks and again getting turned over for us (Ospreys), because without having to repeat themselves 2 or 3 times the clips would last about 20 minutes easily.

Such a cynic...

There are plenty of those videos you mention of Shane Williams at the same age, getting turned over, trampled on in tackles, dropping the ball getting isolated etc etc etc...

And at the same point there were plenty of people who shared the opinion you write now.

Let's just see what happens..!

Though I think, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Shane Williams retire third in the all time international try scorers list....?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 16 Sep 2015, 20:47

maestegmafia wrote:
wayne wrote:
Griff wrote:

Both good links

Such a cynic...

There are plenty of those videos you mention of Shane Williams at the same age, getting turned over, trampled on in tackles, dropping the ball getting isolated etc etc etc...

And at the same point there were plenty of people who shared the opinion you write now.

Though I think, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Shane Williams retire third in the all time international try scorers list....?
Maes I'm no cynic, I have never seen Shane getting turned over as many times as Mathew in both of their careers, which is in Shane's case extensively much larger than Mathews, his tackling doesn't suffer from commitment I'll give you that, but unless his technique has radically improved I would hate to see him isolated as our last line of defence in an important game.
Maes the thing that got to me with him, and if you are what you have said on many occasions an Ospreys fan, was when he made a break and would have support and he would refuse to pass the ball and apart from the few times that you highlighted he would get caught and turned over this I've seen on very many occasions. Look nothing would please me more than to be proved wrong on this, I think there are far more deserving players to be in the 31 than him IMO, I wouldn't have had him in the initial 47 to be honest. I see today Shaun Edwards has said they have been practicing their defence against nimble players in readiness for the England match, if they have him in the squad for those sessions that would be good.  

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 16 Sep 2015, 20:55

Magnificent Matthew Morgan Moments....mmmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6fh_IZk52o

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 16 Sep 2015, 21:16

maestegmafia wrote:There are plenty of those videos you mention of Shane Williams at the same age, getting turned over, trampled on in tackles, dropping the ball getting isolated etc etc etc...

Just because people said the same thing about Shane Williams doesn't mean Matthew Morgan is or will be as good as Shane Williams.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 16 Sep 2015, 21:20

Maes

I like this combo that's been bandied about for your starting back row

6 Warburton
7 Tipuric
8 Moriarty
Bench Lydiate to take Warburtons slot 2nd half.

With Tips new found aggression around the breakdown, young Moriarty direct running and big hits, and Warburton's control and experience that unit could be pivotal in racking up the tries/points

I would like to see the Davies/Biggar duo starting the first half and Phillips/Priestland starting the second half with Liam Williams starting the first half as FB and Matthew Morgan replacing him second.

I would say for your first match certain key players have to only play the first 40 mins so the likes of Li Williams, North, Scott Williams, Biggar, Warburton, AWJ, Lee, and maybe Jenkins should get some game time in but not be unduly risked.
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 16 Sep 2015, 21:28

Interesting ideas there Fly mate..!

Energy pace and precision are what I want to see.

Gatland said in an interview this week he was concerned with winning all our games, rather than pondering on who might need points for what at the end of the pool stages...

Not long now until the team is revealed

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 16 Sep 2015, 21:28

flyhalffactory wrote:Maes

6 Warburton
7 Tipuric
8 Moriarty

With Tips new found aggression around the breakdown, young Moriarty direct running and big hits, and Warburton's control and experience that unit could be pivotal in racking up the tries/points

I would like to see the Davies/Biggar duo starting the first half and Phillips/Priestland starting the second half with Liam Williams starting the first half as FB and Matthew Morgan replacing him second.

I would say for your first match certain key players have to only play the first 40 mins so the likes of Li Williams, North, Scott Williams, Biggar, Warburton, AWJ, Lee, and maybe Jenkins should get some game time in but not be unduly risked.
Flyhalf, I agree with the vast majority of that, but personally and I think you know what I'm going to say, I would now that Walker has left play Cuthbert to hope he finds some form and have Hallam on the bench to cover both wing and F/B.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 16 Sep 2015, 21:30

wayne wrote:

6 Warburton
7 Tipuric
8 Moriarty

Flyhalf, I agree with the vast majority of that, but personally and I think you know what I'm going to say, I would now that Walker has left play Cuthbert to hope he finds some form and have Hallam on the bench to cover both wing and F/B.

I agree regarding Cuthbert...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 16 Sep 2015, 21:49

wayne wrote:I would now that Walker has left play Cuthbert to hope he finds some form and have Hallam on the bench to cover both wing and F/B.

And if Cuthbert still doesn't find form, what then? We'll have to play him, still out of form, against England, because Amos won't have had game time.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 16 Sep 2015, 22:08

maestegmafia wrote:
wayne wrote:

6 Warburton
7 Tipuric
8 Moriarty

I agree regarding Cuthbert...

Cheers Wayne/Maes
Don't know much about Hallam but I agree with you about Cuthbert
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 16 Sep 2015, 22:20

Regardless of how good they are, experienced they or how much blydi training they have been doing we can't just throw our first choice in against England and expect them to pick up from the end of last season.

A lot of them have had hardly any real game time since so they MUST at least start and play 40-50 minutes against Uruguay ahead of the England.

Saying we have to wrap them in cotton wool for the England game is bonkers because they will be going in so cold and off the pace they risk more injury that way.

bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 17 Sep 2015, 07:25

Team announced tomorrow apparently...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Thu 17 Sep 2015, 08:24

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
wayne wrote:I would now that Walker has left play Cuthbert to hope he finds some form and have Hallam on the bench to cover both wing and F/B.

And if Cuthbert still doesn't find form, what then? We'll have to play him, still out of form, against England, because Amos won't have had game time.
Luckless, he would get no more than 40 minutes from me, I would have Hallam on the bench for his versatility and the latest he would be on is the 41st minute, and finally if the England game was the one on Sunday it would be Hallam I'd pick at the moment.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 17 Sep 2015, 08:51

Why are people so reluctant to play our strongest side, I know there's a risk of injury but that's always there even in training.

We cant just throw our first XV straight in against England without hardly any game time and there are a few new combos that need as much time together under game conditions as possible.

We are lucky (hopefully) in the fact that it's Uruguay first off so we can give them 40-50 minutes then rotate them.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Thu 17 Sep 2015, 09:10

Wales cant forget that theres bonus points on offer that really could make a massive difference to their chances of qualification. Starting with a strong attacking side and then emptying the bench / if when the 4th try is secured seems the most sensible approach.
Add to that the desire to get the "first team" combos time on the pitch together, espeically where they have been cobbled together last minute.

Wales arent really in a position to be cautious.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:07

Gooseberry wrote:Wales cant forget that theres bonus points on offer that really could make a massive difference to their chances of qualification. Starting with a strong attacking side and then emptying the bench / if when the 4th try is secured seems the most sensible approach.
Add to that the desire to get the "first team" combos time on the pitch together, espeically where they have been cobbled together last minute.

Wales arent really in a position to be cautious.

If Wales can't get a bonus point against Uruguay then they don't stand much chance of qualifying...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:11

wayne wrote:

Luckless, he would get no more than 40 minutes from me, I would have Hallam on the bench for his versatility and the latest he would be on is the 41st minute, and finally if the England game was the one on Sunday it would be Hallam I'd pick at the moment.

I just think they're running out of time to give Amos meaningful game time so that he's ready in the event that he needs to start against England. Cuthbert's had three full games to find form and it hasn't happened. Surely they have to start planning for the possibility that it won't happen at all.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:19

wayne wrote:

I just think they're running out of time to give Amos meaningful game time so that he's ready in the event that he needs to start against England. Cuthbert's had three full games to find form and it hasn't happened. Surely they have to start planning for the possibility that it won't happen at all.

Is a start against Uruguay really a meaningful match for Amos. The opening friendly vs Ireland was a tougher game than this.

I say play Cuthbert...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:27

He was played out of position for that game.

If he is needed to start on the wing against England, in the event that Cuthbert is still all over the shop in attack and defence, then he'll need to have had game time on the wing against Uruguay, otherwise we're really throwing him in at the deep end.

(Yes, 'only' Uruguay, but we don't have any other games left. He should have played in the game against Italy, but wasn't even selected on the bench.)

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Sep 2015, 12:00

I've just read Cuthbert say he needs one or two games to find his form. Well he's had more than that and no sign of it happening.

On the upside, my tickets have arrived. £250 worth of tickets, for £3.50. Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 17 Sep 2015, 12:29

bedfordwelsh wrote:Why are people so reluctant to play our strongest side, I know there's a risk of injury but that's always there even in training.

We cant just throw our first XV straight in against England without hardly any game time and there are a few new combos that need as much time together under game conditions as possible.

We are lucky (hopefully) in the fact that it's Uruguay first off so we can give them 40-50 minutes then rotate them.

Agree 100%.

It's our first game of the WC in front of our own fans. We should be laying down a marker. I would rather us bring players on when we are comfortable, rather than bring players on to make us comfortable. We should be looking to put 50+ points on Uruguay.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 17 Sep 2015, 12:49

I think its best if we start with 15 players to begin with, 8 forwards and 7 backs. Depending on how the game is going and who needs game time we can bring on the replacements as required. Those who have had little game time must start to begin with and if need be; they should be kept on as long as possible. Its all about getting the balance right. We need to be accurate and ruthless however and that's why I wouldn't choose Priestland or Cuthbert in the match day 23.

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 17 Sep 2015, 13:03

RubyGuby wrote:I think its best if we start with 15 players to begin with, 8 forwards and 7 backs.

D'you reckon. I know Gatland made some weird decisions during his tenure , but even he would start with that no. of players and the same split.

I reckon you will be spot on with that statement and everyone would have to agree with you on it. Well done. clap clap

Whistle

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 17 Sep 2015, 13:05

LordDowlais wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:I think its best if we start with 15 players to begin with, 8 forwards and 7 backs.

D'you reckon. I know Gatland made some weird decisions during his tenure , but even he would start with that no. of players and the same split.

I reckon you will be spot on with that statement and everyone would have to agree with you on it. Well done. clap clap

Whistle

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 17 Sep 2015, 13:36

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:He was played out of position for that game.

If he is needed to start on the wing against England, in the event that Cuthbert is still all over the shop in attack and defence, then he'll need to have had game time on the wing against Uruguay, otherwise we're really throwing him in at the deep end.

(Yes, 'only' Uruguay, but we don't have any other games left. He should have played in the game against Italy, but wasn't even selected on the bench.)

Aye fair point LP

Watson and May are pretty useful guys in attack. I would rely on Amos more than Cuthbert in defence. We haven't really seen either player shine in attack yet this season.

Why not play Amos left Cuthbert right and gave Liam at full back???

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 17 Sep 2015, 13:38

maestegmafia wrote:

Aye fair point LP

Watson and May are pretty useful guys in attack. I would rely on Amos more than Cuthbert in defence. We haven't really seen either player shine in attack yet this season.

What, and drop Gorgeous George ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 17 Sep 2015, 13:42

LordDowlais wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Aye fair point LP

What, and drop Gorgeous George ?

Maybe bench...! I'd like to see him later on, when fitness levels should be in our favour.

As you said it's important to get Amos, Cuthbert and Williams some time on the pitch...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 17 Sep 2015, 13:44

maestegmafia wrote:As you said it's important to get Amos, Cuthbert and Williams some time on the pitch...!

Somebody else must have said that, I would not have Cuthbert anywhere near the squad if I had my way.

I reckon we should play our strongest side on Sunday.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 17 Sep 2015, 13:47

LordDowlais wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:As you said it's important to get Amos, Cuthbert and Williams some time on the pitch...!

Somebody else must have said that, I would not have Cuthbert anywhere near the squad if I had my way.

I reckon we should play our strongest side on Sunday.

I'm not fully convinced with the idea of our strongest side... I think we should have a lot of our strongest side in the 23... Maybe starting maybe a few as subs...

I do see the point of getting them a run out.. But I think we will still be treating this game as a warm up and not revealing our cards too early...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 17 Sep 2015, 13:52

maestegmafia wrote:I do see the point of getting them a run out.. But I think we will still be treating this game as a warm up and not revealing our cards too early...

If we treat this game as a warm up, I will be very wassed off. It is the first game of the WC FFS, not a warm up. People are paying good money for their tickets because it's the WC so go out there and start with our best 15 and make changes when we have a 40-50pt margin. We should not go into this game like we do with the lesser games of the AI, we all know how they end up for us.

Rest assured, if England go into the last game of the group against Uruguay and they need points, they would not treat it as a chance to rest players. We need to lay down a marker, smash them off the park and show the other teams how good we are, it would then put a bit of doubt in their minds.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 17 Sep 2015, 14:16

Rhys Webb said

"It will be a mix-and-match team. The focus is going to be mainly on England next weekend and so the boys not playing will be training really hard and chomping at the bit to get back out there and get playing again."

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 17 Sep 2015, 14:21

maestegmafia wrote:Rhys Webb said

"It will be a mix-and-match team. The focus is going to be mainly on England next weekend and so the boys not playing will be training really hard and chomping at the bit to get back out there and get playing again."

The focus should be on Uruguay THIS WEEK. FFS, when will we learn ? We do it all the time, underestimate supposedly weaker opposition and end up with egg on our face. They should never look beyond the NEXT game. All players should be chomping at the bit to beat Uruguay. We should be putting 50+ points on them, if we do not, then we might as well forget it.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next