The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manny Performance vs Floyd

+11
TRUSSMAN66
Hammersmith harrier
Nico the gman
Dipper Brown
TopHat24/7
Derbymanc
catchweight
hazharrison
BoxingFan88
ONETWOFOREVER
AdamT
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Manny Performance vs Floyd - Page 2 Empty Manny Performance vs Floyd

Post by AdamT Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:24 am

First topic message reminder :

I was bored last night, so decided to sit down and watch the fight again.

The fight has been seen as a stinker, but if you forget the hype and just sit back and watch it, it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. Ok it was far from a thriller and highly unlikely, would it be a fight I would recommend as a much watch.

Anyway, too many people (me included) have bashed Manny for his performance. He didn't do what many expected him to do. Part of that was down to Floyds brilliance and his movement. Perhaps another part was down to Floyd landing them hard rights in the first couple rounds, which made Manny a little hesitant to just jump in and get countered. The ghost of Marquez would surely still have been fresh in his memory.

What Manny did do good, was actually make Floyd miss some. Floyd did land more punches than Manny, but a lot of Floyd's own shots were mere glancing blows. I thought that Manny showed a lot of good defence in this fight. Floyd in my opinion won 9 rounds, but a lot of the rounds, there really wasn't all that much in it.

To cut a long story short, it is easy at the time to get frustrated with Pacquiao and expect more. But he was up against the best boxer of the era and a man that held many physical advantages in height and reach etc. I think he did box well and was a lot more competitive than many would have you believe. I have seen a lot of nonsense floating about that Floyd won this fight easy. Yes it was clear to see he won the more rounds, but as I have already stated, many of the rounds were very close.

It wasn't a classic matchup, but on another viewing it was good seeing two great, skilled fighters match wits and try to use speed and movement to gain an advantage over the other.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Manny Performance vs Floyd - Page 2 Empty Re: Manny Performance vs Floyd

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:23 pm

The slo-mo video that repeats the same segments over and over again.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:25 pm

I hear if you watch Ali vs Foreman in slo mo, Big George gets the win!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:26 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The slo-mo video that repeats the same segments over and over again.

Are you serious?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlZrkYxQOe4

Its got the round count at the bottom

Its about showing you how well Manny did, not if he won or not, appreciate the level of skills shown on here, it was something else IMO

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:28 pm

The unbiased commentary is a bonus..

A must watch for bitter Manny fan boys

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:29 pm

I think you're seeing what you want to see, it's just not there.

A 15 minute video that shows a whole 36 minute fight in slow motion?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:29 pm

Yeah he can box, no one is saying he can't.  However most of what he does is just repeating things that he's tried before which worked.  

If he tried to outbox Floyd then it's further evidence his boxing brain isn't that much. He should have threw caution to the wind, it was his only chance of winning. Your probably sick of people saying it because they were right. He was never going to win a chess match.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:30 pm

I give Manny his dues. He made rounds competitive, but Floyd still won at least 8 rounds.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:34 pm

Because the judges won't give him the decision?

He displayed sublime skills that night and I have an issue with anyone trying to diminish a great performance, anyone who thinks Floyd won easy can't be being impartial

By the way I picked Floyd to win back in 2009 easily and in 2014, but he didn't

It shows all the connects, for a fight that was very boring you really think there is going to be more than 15 minutes of highlights?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:35 pm

A video that doesn't show the whole fight is worthless and anyone who thinks that fight was in any way close did not watch the same fight as everyone else.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:17 pm

AdamT wrote:Aye Marvin Hagler is the guy that tried to feast on smaller fighters and was afraid of Michael spinks.
Despite what you may hear from  milkyboy and TRUSS, not too many were calling for Hagler to fight Spinks, but I'll admit as a Hagler fan, it would have been an interesting match up and I'd favour Spinks.

Truth is though, Don Curry the welterweight champ was being lined up as Hagler's next big challenge. Hagler v Curry was a fight more people were interested in seeing even if he too, was a smaller fighter.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Sat 28 Nov 2015, 2:40 am

I agree the fight didn't live up to the hype and I just recently deleted it from my play list after watching it for the third time.The first was live on Sky T.V.But what I will say is that though I wanted Manny to win I think to be generous he may have won four rounds. However I must say that he did catch Mayweather with the best punch of the fight in about the fifth round.Whether the result would have been any different if Manny had been 100% fit I very much doubt.The fight should have taken place five years previously.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sat 28 Nov 2015, 8:21 am

I liked Manny, I wanted him to win but no internet conspiracy theory is going to convince me he won more than 4 rounds.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sat 28 Nov 2015, 8:57 am

This is how the fight was for me.

ROUND 1: Ding ding. I'm on edge of seat

ROUND 5: Ding ding. Yawn. Has Floyd won by UD yet?

Pats on the back for anyone watching in slowmo but I don't have trouble sleeping.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 28 Nov 2015, 5:12 pm

I cannot stand Floyd, he's an arrogant naughty naughty boy and a detestable human being and I so wanted him to get put on his butt or at least shown up a little.

Sadly that didn't happen and he didn't even have to move up through the gears to beat Manny. I know people are desperate to find some fault/reason why you can say it was close (or shock horror, could have gone either way) but sadly it didn't and Manny wrecked the rematch chance with his excuses afterwards.

Floyd whooped him, sad but true Sad

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2