The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+11
Dolphin Ziggler
Adam D
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
Rowley
Galted
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
Mind the windows Tino.
ShahenshahG
seanmichaels
15 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 8 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 8 Hugh-Jackman15

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 8 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Adam D Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Dont knock Pom Bears. 

I had a Chicken Fajita from The Sainsburys and Sweet Potato & Chilli soup from a local deli.

9/10

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 8 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:36 pm

They don't taste of anything???

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:36 pm

They taste of saturated fat. Delicious.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:45 pm

They are lovely, the fat content is quite bad and they no longer make Salt & Vinegar ones!

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:46 pm

See sean, it is just you...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:47 pm

Sean denying he loves bears. That closet door stays shut

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:52 pm

They may not be pom bears then if unhealthy. The justification I got when i said they tasted crap was that they were kids crisps so low in salt and fat

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:53 pm

Pom Bears are f*cking outstanding. GOSPEL.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:55 pm

Pilau with raita, one roast chicken wing and two slices of bakewell tart. Chicken was a bit cold and I had to kill one of the staff which redeemed the meal somewhat. 7/10

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:00 pm

Scratch that. The pilau is actually a keema biryani which is why my tongue is still on fire despite the bakewell tarts and the raita

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:23 pm

Raita?

Poof.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Alistair wrote:Raita?

Poof.

I think Raita is the name of one of his wives.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:31 pm

Ah, then a thousand apologies, Shah.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:58 pm

Laugh raita is yoghurt in urdu. You slaaaaaag

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:10 pm

Ah, so not a wife.

You used it cause you can't handle heat?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:11 pm

I have a couple of Bakewell tarts locked up on the pen on that industrial estate I was talking about earlier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Alistair wrote:Ah, so not a wife.

Which is unfortunate for a suicide bomber.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:19 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Which is unfortunate for a suicide bomber.
I can see Shah now on his Great Mission to destroy the infidels. Backpack ticking away, reeking of raita whilst frantically trying to explain to the authorities that it's minty sunscreen

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:21 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I have a couple of Bakewell tarts locked up on the pen on that industrial estate I was talking about earlier

Stuffed with lemon, shallots a bouquet garni and well basted?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:25 pm

No- its part of a meal, like Ketchup ya nonce.

And Tino, you are figuratively on fire today. When you cease being amusing, it will become literally.

My boss just played a joke on me. He sold this story about this random woman coming in, asking about me and leaving her number. Apparently she knew a lot of details about me and he really convinced me that this woman had been in. Then he said, look on the cams - I'll show you. It was my colleague in a burka. I actually cried with laughter. She looked like the Beverly Hills Ninja

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:26 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:I have a couple of Bakewell tarts locked up on the pen on that industrial estate I was talking about earlier

Are you? Crazy stuff for a Thursday afternoon.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:27 pm

What bakewell tarts do you eat?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:49 pm

superflyweight wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Are you?  Crazy stuff for a Thursday afternoon.  
Exactly Sean, don't be a c*nt, that's a Wednesday dish if ever I've heard one.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:06 pm

Just bought independence day hd on amazon. Classic film and now I can watch it at will.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:57 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Just bought independence day hd on amazon. Classic film and now I can watch it at will.

You should've bought Barton Fink.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:55 am

Good Morning any lurkas.

A bit of a slow start.
I hope everyone's all raita.

Especially you, Shah & Sons & Daughters & Co.

Just popping up to the roof again to do some final touch up staining around Tino's windows.
One broken roof tile. It was piszing down heavily before. 5 litres in the bucket in under an hour.

Blue skies again now....

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:06 am

Morning TLD/Shah

Good to see such endeavour TLD, it's windy and rainy here again, happy days ,especially as I have to play in a charity football match tomorrow...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:16 am

rick_dagless wrote:Morning TLD/Shah

Good to see such endeavour TLD, it's windy and rainy here again, happy days ,especially as I have to play in a charity football match tomorrow...

Hi Ricko,

Thought I'd use the longitudinal location to my advantage for a change. It's just gone 6pm here.

So nice here this morning, not too hot. Then the bucket down around 2:30-3:00 pm. Sheet lightning with about 30mm of rain. A mini flood.
Then it cleared up relatively quickly but there's a lingering humidity at around 75%... feeling like bloody 99% now though.

TGIF... AFL (at f***ing last!)

Take it easy in your match tomorrow.
I hope you've mastered the seamless offload pass* to an unsuspecting team mate. Better to be safe than a hero.

* if it's rugby. Lay off if it's football.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:45 am

Morning all. In the words of de la soul, three is the magic number.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:04 am

Rowley wrote:Morning all. In the words of de la soul, three is the magic number.

TSMR been fingering you again?

4th. Last minute day off and I've been up since 5. Went out for a jog for a couple hours. Was well pleased with myself after completing 3 30 minute runs. Morning Rick the trick. Rowley the moley and TLD from The SHP.

How goes it?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:10 am

Good morning.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:17 am

ShahenshahG wrote:

Laugh

Last day at work today. Already had 3 people I have hardly ever spoke to trying to knock up a conversation. Gonna be painful.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:36 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
Rowley wrote:Morning all. In the words of de la soul, three is the magic number.

4th. Last minute day off and I've been up since 5. Went out for a jog for a couple hours. Was well pleased with myself after completing 3 30 minute runs. Morning Rick the trick. Rowley the moley and TLD from The SHP.

How goes it?

Good work.
I've started running again too. First did a long walk (5.5 km) last week... OK but quads felt it.

Then did a 3 km 'jog' late one night after some rain. It took around 17-18 minutes. Hopeless! I was struggling from the impact of running again.
Also a lot sorer in the legs and in other places but I had broken my psychological mind barrier. Done it twice since and the pain is more localised and I have a quicker recovery. Down to between 16-17 minutes. Feel so much better!

My initial goal is to get it up to around 5 km in about the same time it would take a Kenyan or Ethiopian to do around 12 km... in about 34-35 mins.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:56 am

Knock back some nuts and protein to help recovery. In liquid form if you can. Better to do it immediately after training but it takes some of the soreness away and you're less likely to injure yourself the next day. If you've got bone pain then milk and rest is what you need. But I'm glad you're progressing and your health is improving. If you've got access to weights try doing pyramid training starting with 10 reps at a light weight then 9 at 10k more until 1 is approximately at your max lift. This won't help you build muscle it'll just loosen your muscles and you'll be able to tell the difference. I want to get back to 13 stone then pick up boxing again. Getting tired too easily playing with my daughter and just being able to get into a routine will help me get my sleep and eating under control.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:03 am

Yes, thanks for the good advice. Have some sustagen but also some special protein mix. I need to knock back some nuts as you suggest and do the light weight sessions to enhance the tone.

I used to be very fit and a good long distance runner but have slackened off completely since about 2005. Stopped my boxing drills about 3 years ago... feel so guilty because I know how good it feels afterwards.

Also, re sleeping and daily 'stress'. I had a couple of tough years; always felt more tired than I should. Just chipping away doing the build and clearing the work/family/life worries in recent months has made me feel quite energised. I've also been supplementing with some proper vitamins (ginseng does wonders for me) and cutting out the oily stuff and gorging on fruit especially. Perfect for this hot weather and you go to bed feeling well hydrated and ready to kick on again the next morning.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:04 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:some special protein mix.

Sean swears by that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:05 am

LIPUS helps with bone recovery. Read about it yesterday as it looks like my knee issues could be osteoarthritis.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:05 am

Sean swears by that.

That is beneath Jeff.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:06 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Sean swears by that.

That is beneath Jeff.

He would l*l out loud at that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:10 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Sean swears by that.

That is beneath Jeff.

Sean probably meant he emptied his sack on Jeffs chair again.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:11 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Sean swears by that.

That is beneath Jeff.

Sean probably meant he emptied his sack on Jeffs chair again.

l*l out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:13 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Sean swears by that.

That is beneath Jeff.

He'll be too busy trying out his holiday clobber

Spoiler:

Last edited by seanmichaels on Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:13 am

Sean swears by that.

I'd imagine it tastes like a dried out version of that with a dash of 'chocolate' thrown in. Nature's Way... apparently.
I find it difficult to swallow but will have to revert to small sips or water it down more.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:19 am

seanmichaels wrote:LIPUS helps with bone recovery. Read about it yesterday as it looks like my knee issues could be osteoarthritis.

I'm taking this green lipped mussel extract and sometimes lyprinol. Both from deep in the sea off NZ according to the packets.
Seems to help reduce inflammation caused by the broken leg much better than glucosamine.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:55 am

Like mumsnet on here today...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:56 am

How would you know?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:56 am

Can't be that Ricko otherwise galted would be utilising a pulley system to get blow up galtova to tug him off.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:00 am

sean wrote:How would you know?

"insert your mum joke here" is how I know sean

Shah wrote:Can't be that Ricko otherwise galted would be utilising a pulley system to get blow up galtova to tug him off.

Fair point mate

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:11 am

Thought I nearly mongrel'd it. 36 minutes. Close call.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:15 am

Mitchell Pearce you flaming drongo

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next