The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Daddy Browne Tests Positive For Banned Substance

+20
TRUSSMAN66
hazharrison
Scottrf
milkyboy
Kareem61
TopHat24/7
OasisBFC
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
dummy_half
catchweight
djlovesyou
alanqlm
Happytravelling
AdamT
kingraf
Mr Bounce
3fingers
wheelchair1991
jimdig
AlexHuckerby
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Big Daddy Browne Tests Positive For Banned Substance - Page 2 Empty Big Daddy Browne Tests Positive For Banned Substance

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 21 Mar 2016, 7:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Shame this as it was a nice success story. Browne Tests Positive for Clenbuterol with his sample after the Chagaev fight. Wouldn't like this to be true but at least he is caught.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy Browne Tests Positive For Banned Substance - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Daddy Browne Tests Positive For Banned Substance

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 31 Mar 2016, 10:49 am

My take is drug use is rampant....But if you get caught you should get the going rate punishment wise.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy Browne Tests Positive For Banned Substance - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Daddy Browne Tests Positive For Banned Substance

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 10:51 am

Agreed but the issue is that not enough are getting caught.

Sod it, strip everyone of their belts, ban all boxing for a whole year with every pro forced to go to detox and start again from scratch.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 31 Mar 2016, 11:38 am

DAVE667 wrote:Agreed but the issue is that not enough are getting caught.

Sod it, strip everyone of their belts, ban all boxing for a whole year with every pro forced to go to detox and start again from scratch.

yep you can just picture them all chilling out in their local health bar, 'spinach and bean smoothie Mr Fury? Of course. A nettle tea chaser with that?'

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:20 pm

hazharrison wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:He's saying he was proven clean on arrival in Russia (or wherever) and that despite there being no performance enhancing drug he could've taken that'd be beneficial 2-3 days before a bout, he suddenly & mysteriously failed a test after beating the local champ.

I'm sure VADA can figure out whether that was the case?

Whether what was the case??

He has the VADA test results proving he was clean (both blood AND urine, not just urine as per post fight) on arrival as they tested him the day after landing. It's all been publicised by Hatton promos.

Not sure what else you think VADA can figure out, as they are not an investigative body, just a testing service.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 08 Apr 2016, 3:39 am

Seems he was clean when he arrived there. I had a feeling something dodgy would go on. Browne fought a tremendous fight and hopefully his name is now cleared.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 11:10 am

Seems his B sample tested positive also so he's been stripped of his title and suspended for six months (not the greatest of sources but there you have it)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3588282/Australia-s-boxing-world-heavyweight-champion-Lucas-Browne-stripped-title-testing-positive-banned-drug.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 11:26 am

DAVE667 wrote:Seems his B sample tested positive also so he's been stripped of his title and suspended for six months (not the greatest of sources but there you have it)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3588282/Australia-s-boxing-world-heavyweight-champion-Lucas-Browne-stripped-title-testing-positive-banned-drug.html

No surprise really as its the same urine, they just split it equally between two bottles in case of cross contamination. I thought Browne wasn't going to bother getting the B sample tested?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 11:42 am

Not bothering to get his B sample tested would probably be seen as an admission of guilt (like Liverpool's Sakho) whereas testing his B sample allows the governing body to formally strip him and start having the money rolling in again title fights

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 13 May 2016, 11:46 am

He said he had no interest in getting it tested to dispute his A sample.

His point being he knows he was clean upon arriving in Russia (proven VADA) so if he was 'dirty' post fight then he was spiked and knows his B will show the same so he had not interest in challenging the A.

As Dave says, leave WBA to sample it anyway so they can strip him and keep the gravy train rolling.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 13 May 2016, 2:22 pm

He took a polygraph, unless he's a professional its quite good evidence

I don't for one second believe he did

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 13 May 2016, 2:30 pm

It really isn't. With preparation passing a polygraph is pretty straightforward. Even without preparation, most "decent liars" would give it a good shake
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 13 May 2016, 3:29 pm

kingraf wrote:It really isn't. With preparation passing a polygraph is pretty straightforward. Even without preparation, most "decent liars" would give it a good shake

Nobody on Jeremy Kyle has ever been able to defeat it......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 13 May 2016, 4:04 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
kingraf wrote:It really isn't. With preparation passing a polygraph is pretty straightforward. Even without preparation, most "decent liars" would give it a good shake

HAHA

Mind you I'm talking from experience of watching Homeland

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 13 May 2016, 4:54 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Oh yes. Jeremy Kyle. the most renowned of litmus tests. I'm sorry I've changed my mind.
Lie detector Tests =Good
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 13 May 2016, 5:00 pm

Lol

point is, I think you're making out like they're a lot easier to cheat than they actually are (and/or the Big Daddy is a lot smarter than he actually perhaps is).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 May 2016, 5:08 pm

Steroids are heaven for heavies....Be surprised if there is a top heavy in the last 40 yrs who hasn't indulged...Put on a stone of quality weight in 28 days while gIving you the energy and intensity to push yourself though your training....and most importantly you don't have to drain to make weight..so you can be as heavy as you like..

Heaven for any Heavy.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 13 May 2016, 5:10 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Lol

point is, I think you're making out like they're a lot easier to cheat than they actually are (and/or the Big Daddy is a lot smarter than he actually perhaps is).

I don't think I did? I pointed out that you need either a preparation, or to be a talented liar to beat them. Lucas Browne had the former. So do the people on JK, admittedly... but I suspect the combined IQ of all the people on JK in the last millennia would only just about manage to change a lightbulb.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 May 2016, 5:18 pm

Bottom line is they aren't trusted enough to be used in court...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 13 May 2016, 5:19 pm

kingraf wrote:

I don't think I did? I pointed out that you need either a preparation, or to be a talented liar to beat them. Lucas Browne had the former. So do the people on JK, admittedly... but I suspect the combined IQ of all the people on JK in the last millennia would only just about manage to change a lightbulb.

You said a 'decent liar' and that it was 'pretty straightforward'.

Browne isn't an MI5 agent, he won't have had the time or experience to train how to pass a polygraph.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 13 May 2016, 5:29 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
kingraf wrote:

Browne isn't an MI5 agent, he won't have had the time or experience to train how to pass a polygraph.

Decent liar, talented liar. Semantics .it's still pretty straightforward. It's all about physiological reactions. If you control those, you control the results. Athletes have by nature a lower heart rate, and boxers specifically are already in a profession where they have to control autonomic reactions so they've already got a HUGE physiological advantage. Pop a beta blocker or anti anxiety pill to F*** up your normal reactions and without preparation, I give him a good shot already. Add a couple dry runs, which I would think he can afford and it really is all about him not choking under pressure. And that's not even taking into account the questions asked, technology used. Or even the baselines taken. Go for a little jog before the test (admittedly not always allowed. but given that this is of his own volition, I cant think it wasn't), get your baseline pulse and stuff up. Then you at the very least should get inconclusive results. With a less than ambitious tester/situation, you pass
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 13 May 2016, 5:31 pm

the poly's rate of success is at best 80-85% HISTORICALLY, so it's never been about being an FBI agent or MI6 agent. if that was the level of skill needed it would be used as more than a scare tactic in law.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 13 May 2016, 6:28 pm

Rumour on twitter that Povetkin has failed a test as well now......

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 13 May 2016, 8:22 pm

Now THAT is no surprise. Did you see him post Klitschko? He went from a podgy heavyweight to a muscled behemoth. In his mid thirties. I called cowpat as soon as I saw him vs Perez
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 13 May 2016, 8:29 pm

Also became a puncher Raf, quite the transformation. If the fight gets called Wilder should sue him for his training expenses.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Fri 13 May 2016, 8:34 pm

kingraf wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
kingraf wrote:

Decent liar, talented liar. Semantics .it's still pretty straightforward. It's all about physiological reactions. If you control those, you control the results. Athletes have by nature a lower heart rate, and boxers specifically are already in a profession where they have to control autonomic reactions so they've already got a HUGE physiological advantage. Pop a beta blocker or anti anxiety pill to F*** up your normal reactions and without preparation, I give him a good shot already. Add a couple dry runs, which  I would think he can afford and it really is all about him not choking under pressure. And that's not even taking into account the questions asked, technology used. Or even the baselines taken. Go for a little jog before the test (admittedly not always allowed. but given that this is of his own volition, I cant think it wasn't), get your baseline pulse and stuff up. Then you at the very least should get inconclusive results. With a less than ambitious tester/situation, you pass

They should have dope tested him after the polygraph then.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 May 2016, 8:36 pm

He's Russian...Being a cheat is taken as read...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 13 May 2016, 9:27 pm

In other news Povektin failed a drugs test which means the fight is probably off

That's pretty gutting:'(

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2