The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS SOMERSET SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+6
Jetty
jimbobgooner
Corporalhumblebucket
guildfordbat
Good Golly I'm Olly
chichestersurryfan
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

SURREY VS SOMERSET SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 4 Empty SURREY VS SOMERSET SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 23 Apr 2016, 12:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

SURREY HAVE NAMED A 14 MAN SQUAD (guildford Wink )FOR THE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH AGAINST SOMERSET AT THE KIA OVAL STARTING ON SUNDAY.
Zafar Ansari returns to the squad having recovered from the thumb injury he sustained in the game against Lancashire last season at the Emirates Old Trafford. Mathew Pillans in included in a Championship squad for the first time but Sam Curran is unavailable for selection having returned to school for the summer term.
There is no place in the the squad for james burke this time.
stuart meaker and jade dernbach remain on the treatment table.
The Surrey squad to play Somerset in the Specsavers County Championship at the Kia Oval on Sunday 24th April, Monday 25th April, Tuesday 26th April and Wednesday 27th April:
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
Rory Burns
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Matthew Dunn
Ben Foakes
Mark Footitt
Arun Harinath
Mathew Pillans
Ravi Rampaul
Jason Roy
Kumar Sangakkara
Gary Wilson
ravioli if not over ankle injury Rolling Eyes wilson and Pillans to miss out, if ravioli makes it then batty (which will please olly ) Laugh
over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS SOMERSET SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 4 Empty Re: SURREY VS SOMERSET SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:40 am

Mon the rey- rack em up and stick em in and get yourself full points (a boy can dream can't he?)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS SOMERSET SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 4 Empty Re: SURREY VS SOMERSET SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:48 am

Olly wrote:Mon the rey- rack em up and stick em in and get yourself full points (a boy can dream can't he?)

Glad to see you've got the lingo, Olly! Is that shouted out in a Norfolk accent? Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:51 am

Davies is struggling

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:55 am

Yay! Davies off the mark. Up and away now!

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:57 am

Olly wrote:Do we reckon we can build enough of a lead to give ourselves about 50 overs to bowl Somerset out?

I think we gotta at least give it a shot, considering Somerset are likely competition for relegation with ourselves

Sorry Olly but I'm with JimBob.

50 overs is very unlikely to be enough to bowl them out. However, if Somerset are set a target of 250 they could go for that at 5 per over with the likes of Tresco, Hildreth and Trego in their line up and then just shut up shop if wickets fell. A no win situation for Surrey imo. Disappointing but I go back to my posts this morning with Goochie - our main chance came and went when they were 239/7. Sadly I think we have to accept that rather than chase what might have been.

Last edited by guildfordbat on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted a typo which made post exceedingly gibberish)

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 Apr 2016, 12:16 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Olly wrote:Mon the rey- rack em up and stick em in and get yourself full points (a boy can dream can't he?)

Glad to see you've got the lingo, Olly! Is that shouted out in a Norfolk accent? Wink

Corr blast me Guildford me ol buh - tass says in a good ol naaaarfolk accent
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 27 Apr 2016, 12:33 pm

50* partnership - hopefully starting to play Davies into some better form.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 27 Apr 2016, 12:42 pm

71 - 3 as Davies stumped off Leach for 26. Lead 181 with still 70 overs remaining. Important not to do anything stupid! Rolling Eyes

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 27 Apr 2016, 12:46 pm

Wilson in for Davies next game

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 27 Apr 2016, 12:53 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:71 - 3 as Davies stumped off Leach for 26.  Lead 181 with still 70 overs remaining. Important not to do anything stupid! Rolling Eyes

Hi Corporal and all - anyone listening to commentary at the time? Was Davies trying to kick off in line with Olly's hopes or was he just deceived by a decent ball?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 27 Apr 2016, 1:04 pm

See out the next session and the draw will be secured thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 27 Apr 2016, 1:58 pm

I'm not listening to commentary for fear that will spark a collapse. 113 - 4 with Roy king having gone fairly cheaply. Lead 223 with 60 overs remaining. Erm

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 27 Apr 2016, 2:07 pm

Get son of Boris or kumar and Somerset wil fancy their chances

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 Apr 2016, 2:10 pm

Relax fellas
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 27 Apr 2016, 2:16 pm

50* for Sanga. What a player.... clap clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 27 Apr 2016, 2:25 pm

Olly wrote:Relax fellas

Yep, game going nowhere for both sides. Pretty sure Norah and Buck knew that at the start today.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 27 Apr 2016, 2:27 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:50* for Sanga.  What a player.... clap clap

Yep, he can play a bit, can't he. Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 27 Apr 2016, 2:30 pm

Thought it safe to switch on commentary.  Church reporting that Leach is getting sharp turn.  Which suggests that, if the circumstances had panned out differently, it could have been very handy for Surrey to have Batty and Ansari bowling in tandem on the last day.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 27 Apr 2016, 2:40 pm

Ansari LBW. 263 ahead with 50 overs remaining. Possible that Surrey could be looking to declare soon, given there is turn on offer.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 27 Apr 2016, 2:54 pm

Corporal - Leach taken out of the attack though following a six from Sanga. Van der Merwe isn't bowling either so maybe not a spinner's complete paradise despite Churchy's earlier comments.

I reckon we'll bat on for a bit yet, especially as Footitt won't be out there. Churchy said earlier that he went down like a sack of spuds yesterday and will have scan in the next 48 hours. I was surprised it wouldn't be sooner.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 Apr 2016, 3:04 pm

Another couple overs then declare and have a dart at them I reckon - won't do any harm
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 27 Apr 2016, 3:04 pm

Thinking about it, we might as well let Sanga try and bring up his second ton of the match ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 27 Apr 2016, 3:06 pm

Yes - game drifting, with Somerset over rate probably sinking down towards single figures.

Sanga falls for 71. Lead 276.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 27 Apr 2016, 3:12 pm

Somerset now big favorites

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Wed 27 Apr 2016, 3:14 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Yes - game drifting, with Somerset over rate probably sinking down towards single figures.  

Hmm ... reckon Sanga might be looking for a quick two the next time he finds himself on (1)70 Laugh

Meanwhile, if we get rolled over/declare in the next 5-10 overs it could bae an interesting finish.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 Apr 2016, 3:17 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Thinking about it, we might as well let Sanga try and bring up his second ton of the match ....

We have our first proper jinx of the summer - congrats Guildford Sanga was out pretty much straight after posting this Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 27 Apr 2016, 3:18 pm

SimonofSurrey wrote:
Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Yes - game drifting, with Somerset over rate probably sinking down towards single figures.  

Hmm ... reckon Sanga might be looking for a quick two the next time he finds himself on (1)70 Laugh

Meanwhile, if we get rolled over/declare in the next 5-10 overs it could bae an interesting finish.

... or, more likely imo, exceedingly tedious. Smile

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 27 Apr 2016, 3:19 pm

Olly wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:Thinking about it, we might as well let Sanga try and bring up his second ton of the match ....

We have our first proper jinx of the summer - congrats Guildford Sanga was out pretty much straight after posting this Laugh

Thanks, Olly. I was disappointed to look in here a couple of minutes ago and have no recognition for that. Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Wed 27 Apr 2016, 3:20 pm

180-7 now - not a good performance but hopefully enough ahead.

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 27 Apr 2016, 3:22 pm

Curran gone this is pathetic

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 27 Apr 2016, 3:24 pm

Batty goes mad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 27 Apr 2016, 3:29 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:Batty goes mad

And Ravioli stays inside the pavilion for an early tea forcing the declaration!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 Apr 2016, 3:29 pm

Time for Gareth Barrylidaran to spin us to victory Smile
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 27 Apr 2016, 3:51 pm

Ravioli Yahoo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 Apr 2016, 3:53 pm

We must be feeding Ravioli well
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 27 Apr 2016, 4:14 pm

Any chance you can turn up in this match Tom Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 27 Apr 2016, 4:26 pm

Son of Boris gets rid of bangers Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 27 Apr 2016, 4:28 pm

Somerset now under a spot of pressure...

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 27 Apr 2016, 4:57 pm

Barring something spectacular very soon, I would expect them to be shaking hands and heading for the bar shortly.

Any thoughts about a quick snifter in the mess, Corporal? Whistle

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 Apr 2016, 5:02 pm

Disappointed we weren't more attacking today personally (know I'm in the minority here) - think we could've given Somerset a proper scare even a bowler down
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 27 Apr 2016, 5:09 pm

Buck Rogers gone into the tail

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 27 Apr 2016, 5:12 pm

Olly - although I'm not with you, you're not alone in wishing we had been more attacking today.

As Alec Stewart has said to me (you like that, Corporal?! Wink ) and others, ''It's a game of opinions, sir.'' thumbsup

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 Apr 2016, 5:12 pm

Just seen the two ansari wickets - a great catch by Roy for the first and a huge turner it seems to dismiss Rogers
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 27 Apr 2016, 5:16 pm

3rd wkt for son of Boris Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 Apr 2016, 5:22 pm

And that one to Van Der Merwe kept low too

(I am going off sketchy videos so this isn't gospel!)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed 27 Apr 2016, 5:24 pm

Should have played a 3rd spinner, Olly....

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 27 Apr 2016, 5:26 pm

Laugh Laugh Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 27 Apr 2016, 5:34 pm

Zaf keeping it more interesting than I thought it would be but we're running out of time and it's raining now 25 miles south of the ground.

Olly - you're spot on about the wickets, just watched on Surrey twitter.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetty Wed 27 Apr 2016, 5:36 pm

Cook Ansari Compton Root Hales Stokes Bairstow Ali Broad Finn Anderson Smile

Jetty

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 27 Apr 2016, 6:07 pm

The draw confirmed. Encouragement and frustration.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4