The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+22
dynamark
Hibbz
Eyetoldyouso
1GrumpyGolfer
Be_the_ball
Shotrock
Mad for Chelsea
Roller_Coaster
Yadsendew
MontysMerkin
I'm never wrong
Davie
raycastleunited
McLaren
kwinigolfer
navyblueshorts
JAS
super_realist
pedro
SmithersJones
westisbest
beninho
26 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Fri 17 Jun 2016, 2:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

McLaren wrote:
beninho wrote:Having concerns about EU immigration does not make you a far right nutter or xenophobe. Mclaren, what is your knowledge on EU immigration, what dealings do you have with it? Can you see why people may have concerns about it?

Unless your concerns about how we can offer a more humane immigration system then you are xenophobe.  If you are worried about the geographical location of where someone popped out of a uterus then you are not thinking rationally.

And no, I cannot see why anyone would have any issue with the current levels of immigration to/from the UK.  Unless as I said above you are worried about how some people coming here are treated.

Do you not agree that an expanding population due to EU immigration, would lead to an extra burden on the NHS, housing, benefit and other public services aswell as the rise in rents?

Do you think that EU immigration, where people get fake payslips in order to claim benefits, working tax credits child tax credits and housing assistance? Or people that work minimal hours and tdo not pay any tax or nino who then can claim housing and benefit assistance? Or people that illegally overstay in the country, in order to achieve a loophole and gain housing or benefit assistance.

All of these are ongoing issues, though you did not answer my question in the first place.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Thu 15 Sep 2016, 2:11 pm

Andalucia offers city break, culture, beach and mountains, all within a few hours drive. In winter you can ski in the morning and golf or chill on the beach in the afternoon.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Thu 15 Sep 2016, 2:14 pm

Davie wrote:So 160yds would be 160 + 16 = 176
Did you just do a yd to meter conversion??

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 15 Sep 2016, 2:20 pm

super_realist wrote:I've never played outside the UK Mac.
I imagine the vast majority of them are in yards, but like I say, I use a laser, so why would I be hampered by metres?

I wouldn't mind changing to metres though as we use metres for everything and yards for nothing except golf
Most courses in Europe are in meters.
In ET events on TV you'll see most courses and holes displayed in both yd and meters.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu 15 Sep 2016, 2:21 pm

Pedro, yes it was that although the note didn't match the calculation

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 15 Sep 2016, 3:14 pm

I am going to dubai in a few weeks for a family holiday, plenty of golf courses out there, I wonder if the wife will allow me to nip off early one morning for a round.

Last edited by beninho on Thu 15 Sep 2016, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 15 Sep 2016, 3:30 pm

Sounds great ben. I've stayed in Dubai Marina a few times and always drive past Emirates GC close by. Always peeked in craving to play it but never have..

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 15 Sep 2016, 3:35 pm

We are pretty close to the Marina Pedro, A sister hotel to the one we are staying in, has a 9 hole course, I think that is the most realistic option.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 15 Sep 2016, 4:27 pm

Never been. Good mate (and golfist) moved there a year ago. Itching to pop over for a visit and have a game or few with him out there.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 15 Sep 2016, 7:29 pm

I've never been to Dubai. I assume it's stupidly hot?
I tried to play golf in the Maldives and, no exaggeration, my hands were too sweaty to hold the club!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 15 Sep 2016, 8:08 pm

pedro wrote:

Silly me yes I did - though I think the point was clear. Just a typo Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 15 Sep 2016, 8:08 pm

pedro wrote:

Silly me yes I did - though I think the point was clear. Just a typo Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 15 Sep 2016, 9:48 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:I've never been to Dubai. I assume it's stupidly hot?
I tried to play golf in the Maldives and, no exaggeration, my hands were too sweaty to hold the club!
I always go in late Feb to mid Mar. Day time temps 28-30C, very pleasant as it's dry heat - and at that time it's usually still pretty miserable back home. In Jan evenings can be chilly. Avoid Apr-Oct.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 16 Sep 2016, 8:49 am

beninho wrote:I am going to dubai in a few weeks for a family holiday, plenty of golf courses out there, I wonder if the wife will allow me to nip off early one morning for a round.

Yep you have plenty of options beninho, they're not cheap though. I've played both Emirates courses and the Montgomerie.

i suppose it's difficult to get golf in on a family holiday but here's an option that might work...Hire a car and drive down to Abu Dhabi for the day (just over an hour), drop the family off at Ferrari world and go and play Yas Links which is fantastic

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 16 Sep 2016, 9:17 am

JAS wrote:
beninho wrote:I am going to dubai in a few weeks for a family holiday, plenty of golf courses out there, I wonder if the wife will allow me to nip off early one morning for a round.

Yep you have plenty of options beninho, they're not cheap though. I've played both Emirates courses and the Montgomerie.

i suppose it's difficult to get golf in on a family holiday but here's an option that might work...Hire a car and drive down to Abu Dhabi for the day (just over an hour), drop leave the family at the hotel then stop off at Ferrari world and then go and play Yas Links which is fantastic

Fixed it for you!

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 16 Sep 2016, 10:10 am

Only ever been to the Airport in Dubai but it looks like a pretty uninspiring place. What is there to do other than sit by a pool?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Sep 2016, 10:20 am

Well every place would look uninspiring if you only ever saw the Airport wouldn't it?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 16 Sep 2016, 11:06 am

McLaren wrote:Only ever been to the Airport in Dubai but it looks like a pretty uninspiring place.  What is there to do other than sit by a pool?

You haven't spent the last 26 months bringing up a child have you?

A chance to spend a week sitting by the pool/beach with drinks and food being made for you, is really something to look forward to.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 16 Sep 2016, 11:19 am

beninho wrote:
McLaren wrote:Only ever been to the Airport in Dubai but it looks like a pretty uninspiring place.  What is there to do other than sit by a pool?

You haven't spent the last 26 months bringing up a child have you?

A chance to spend a week sitting by the pool/beach with drinks and food being made for you, is really something to look forward to.

Fact*

*Technically opinion, but nonetheless true for me (however wonderful the darlings are)

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 16 Sep 2016, 12:12 pm

I recommend taking a few days at desert resort, it's something really different.
Old Dubai is also worth a visit.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 20 Sep 2016, 1:44 pm

We've combined golf and city break a number of times:

1. Barcelona, where we played PGA Catalunya which superb, there are other courses too.
2. Valencia, where we played El Saler which is wonderful and is a Spanish take on links, the difference being the beach and the weather are a lot better than anywhere is the UK.
3. Sevilla, where we played Real Sevilla and then headed down towards Jerez and played Montecastillo and a few others.

All of these courses have hosted the Spanish Open multiple times and all 3 cities have great food, culture, night life and we usually get tickets to a Liga or Champions league match one evening.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Tue 20 Sep 2016, 2:55 pm

Seen this Super? Gissa job

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 20 Sep 2016, 3:08 pm

Ray, can I join?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 20 Sep 2016, 3:23 pm

pedro wrote:Ray, can I join?

Defo.

I hate Vilamoura, it's like Southend with palm trees. Went there once, just painful following groups of (Hale and Pace) taxi drivers taking 6 hours to hack their way round, and then out in the marina whichever bar you go into is full of more taxi drivers talking about how they melted it / mullered it down the 1st fairway.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 20 Sep 2016, 3:48 pm

Last time we went I mullered my first drive.

Fackin mentawl.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 20 Sep 2016, 3:57 pm

Fack orf cant
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:15 pm

Nahh, right dahn de fackin midduw.

Mewlted it.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 26 Sep 2016, 3:43 pm

Last time we were at Villamoura we had to discourage a group of lads from giving Mr Max Clifford a good kicking.It seems they had some knowledge of his forthcoming court issues-well in advance.
The golf is Ok though obviously overcrowded but buggy and drinks to compensate.The mini bus shuttle driver was the Spanish stig much quicker than the golf.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 26 Sep 2016, 4:44 pm

dyna

How come you were playing with Clifford?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 27 Sep 2016, 10:15 am

Sam Allardyce on his way out already? This is exactly why 'Arry never got the job and why Sam shouldn't have got it

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 27 Sep 2016, 10:19 am

Be funny to see if he has to resign. England are a basket case on and off the field.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 27 Sep 2016, 10:27 am

I think a Task Force is needed..

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 27 Sep 2016, 10:45 am

Hilariously, England probably couldn't do any worse with Fowler, 9C and Watson on board.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 27 Sep 2016, 11:11 am

This Sam Allardyce thing is a joke, he hasn't really done anything wrong. He had a chat, and did not confirm anything, saying he would have to speak with the FA. The newspapers trying to stitch him up. Would think they would have learned after the Tulisa thing.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 27 Sep 2016, 11:26 am

I'm not so sure Beninho. The newspaper is perfectly entitled to find out if he's the sort of person capable of doing these things, it's not a sting and it sounds like he actually has done something wrong. It's alleged he took 400k to explain how to get round transfer rules, that doesn't sound like nothing.
The Two Mikes discussed it in depth on Talksport last night, and it really doesn't look good for Allardyce at all.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 27 Sep 2016, 11:36 am

They offered him 400k to go and give 4 talks a year, he said he would need to discuss it with the FA. He did not accept anything, as far as I have seen. He said you get around the 3rd party ownership by buying the player, thats what he said they did with Valencia. And he laughed at Roy Hodgsons speech impediment and said Gary Neville was overplaying his position.

He has been greedy in having the meeting, but nothing dodgy as far as I have read,

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 27 Sep 2016, 11:40 am

I'm sure it will come out in the transcripts and whether or not the FA have been brought into disrepute, although given their current standing, he could murder someone and still not make England look any worse

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 27 Sep 2016, 11:57 am

Sounds like Allardyce is halfway out the door. Does he still get his 400 grand?
What a shambles; FA needs a Task Force.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 27 Sep 2016, 12:59 pm

probably need a bit more before Sam leaves .
Mac very good .I was not on the course with Clifford but in the same restaurant .He had a place out there wonder if it is available for rent?

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 27 Sep 2016, 1:03 pm

Laugh This is pathetic. I'm assuming ben is right re. what's actually been shown/said. So he took the p of Hodgson's speech (a bit sad, but hey ho) and called Gary Neville out for getting too big for his boots. Whatever. So what?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 27 Sep 2016, 1:09 pm

I don't think anyone is criticising him for taking the mick out of Woy or Neville, those seem very fair points, however this potentially taking money is the issue, he gets paid £3million a year to be in charge of a team of deadbeats, in order to be whiter than white, he ought to be unable to have other income.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 27 Sep 2016, 1:11 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:Laugh This is pathetic. I'm assuming ben is right re. what's actually been shown/said. So he took the p of Hodgson's speech (a bit sad, but hey ho) and called Gary Neville out for getting too big for his boots. Whatever. So what?

You base your assumptions on assumptions of what someone else has said? It seems it's more than just taking the p out of Roy and Neville

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Tue 27 Sep 2016, 1:24 pm

super_realist wrote: in order to be whiter than white, he ought to be unable to have other income.
Agree with you on this point Super, and it should apply to everyone in "public office" in my view. But hey, I'm a dinosaur about these things.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 27 Sep 2016, 1:29 pm

He probably should not be able to have outside incomes, but if he doesn't have a clause that says he cant, and if he cleared it with the FA, as he said he would have had to do, then he has still not done anything wrong.

The independent and the Mirror have printed transcripts from the footage, I really cannot read anything into it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 27 Sep 2016, 1:37 pm

beninho wrote:This Sam Allardyce thing is a joke, he hasn't really done anything wrong. He had a chat, and did not confirm anything, saying he would have to speak with the FA. The newspapers trying to stitch him up. Would think they would have learned after the Tulisa thing.

What's the Tulisa thing?

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 27 Sep 2016, 1:46 pm

raycastleunited wrote:
beninho wrote:This Sam Allardyce thing is a joke, he hasn't really done anything wrong. He had a chat, and did not confirm anything, saying he would have to speak with the FA. The newspapers trying to stitch him up. Would think they would have learned after the Tulisa thing.

What's the Tulisa thing?

The dodgy Fake Sheikh that the Sun and NOTW used, was discredited during a sting on Tulisa, they got her agreeing to get drugs, and then he and his accomplice changed their story. Case was dismissed and the Fake Sheikh is in court for perjury. I though these set ups were starting to fall away. Its basically offer people lots of money and see what they agree to, even though they will never carry out whatever they have agreed.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 27 Sep 2016, 1:56 pm

It does show how stupid footballers are though. For an England manager to even entertain something which obviously would be called into question, whether legal or not is just a laughable blunder from Fat Sam.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 27 Sep 2016, 2:04 pm

Davie wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:Laugh This is pathetic. I'm assuming ben is right re. what's actually been shown/said. So he took the p of Hodgson's speech (a bit sad, but hey ho) and called Gary Neville out for getting too big for his boots. Whatever. So what?

You base your assumptions on assumptions of what someone else has said? It seems it's more than just taking the p out of Roy and Neville
OK, cite your (respectable) sources please?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 27 Sep 2016, 2:06 pm

super_realist wrote:It does show how stupid footballers are though. For an England manager to even entertain something which obviously would be called into question, whether legal or not is just a laughable blunder from Fat Sam.
Not really, no. All it says is he was offered money to give talks, which he said he'd need to clear with the FA. End of story unless something more damning is forthcoming. Next...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 27 Sep 2016, 2:13 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Davie wrote:

OK, cite your (respectable) sources please?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37479135

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 27 Sep 2016, 2:22 pm

Sam says you can get around third party rules, West Ham did it by Signing the player and then when the player is sold his agent make money from that sale. Its hardly groundbreaking information.

He then completely knocks down the guy talking about making payments to managers/players, saying you cant do it.

I have not read anything that is actually dodgy, a bit daft but nothing worth losing his job over.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next