The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gennady Golovkin vs Kell Brook

+23
Knowsit17
AdamT
Derbymanc
jimdig
Baby faced assassin
Mr Bounce
Dipper Brown
milkyboy
Herman Jaeger
Rowley
Coxy001
Ronikara
spencerclarke
mobilemaster8
Kareem61
kingraf
ShahenshahG
BoxingFan88
aja424
TRUSSMAN66
bellchees
hazharrison
Jermaine2015
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gennady Golovkin vs Kell Brook - Page 2 Empty Gennady Golovkin vs Kell Brook

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon 04 Jul 2016, 10:56 am

First topic message reminder :

Seems as though the IBF/WBO unification fight between Brook and Vargas could be off. Both have been trading insults on social media. Vargas claims to be fighting Bradley instead now.

Last edited by Jermaine2015 on Fri 08 Jul 2016, 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Gennady Golovkin vs Kell Brook - Page 2 Empty Re: Gennady Golovkin vs Kell Brook

Post by Baby faced assassin Fri 08 Jul 2016, 11:55 pm

What's with our best welterweights wanting to get flattened by bigger men

I like brook and really rate him, but he cannot win this fight

He managed to tie up Porter when he was aggressive which he won't be able to do agaisnt GGG ad GGG is so much stronger then him

GGG has shown he can knock out middleweight and Brook has never fought above 147

Another mismatch sadly
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Gennady Golovkin vs Kell Brook - Page 2 Empty Re: Gennady Golovkin vs Kell Brook

Post by jimdig Sat 09 Jul 2016, 8:27 am

Did kell sleep with Eddie's missus? Seriously, I read this on another forum and thought it was another wind up thread. Seems like more poor management by Eddie. The Vargas fight was set, until Eddie tried to cut vargas's purse by 20% (due to sterling's devaluation). Eddie should have done the decent thing by Kell and kept that fight on track, but no he's way more interested in his bottom line, cancels that fight and throws kell to the wolves, for the same deal GGG'S team were offering Eubank. The purse is fronted by GGG's team rather than the reverse for Vargas.
Fighters need protecting from themselves and in this case from their greasy promoter.

I'll be rooting all the way for Kell. I really hope it's not a career shortening performance.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 09 Jul 2016, 8:36 am

Good choice by Brook, bad decision by GGG.

GGG wins when he wants but Brook comes out of it not looking as bad as you think.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sat 09 Jul 2016, 8:49 am

milkyboy wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:Khan vs Ginger boy.

This one takes the biscuit. And at least junior can take a shot.

Talk about oneupmanship. Brook has won that by a mile now.

Yep, when he's lying in a crumpled heap on the floor, he'll be thinking 'anything you can do, Amir...'

kel will get the last laugh though. Khan thought he could fight Alvarez and still get brook... brook has outmanoeuvred him by taking a potentially career-ending early fight.

Am waiting for Khan to announce he's fighting Kovalev next.

I actually give Brook a shot... Just needs to dance like a f***ing fairy and not "get in there an 'ert 'im"

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 09 Jul 2016, 11:18 am

Have to assume Matchroom and K2 Promotions have to have had a deal signed for a Golovkin fight and Eddie decided this is money either way. I can't understand how else Hearn agreed to this
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Sat 09 Jul 2016, 2:29 pm

TBH it's a win/win for Hearn. If Brook somehow(probably needs Devine intervention) gets the win, Hearn can setup an even more lucrative fight with Canelo Alvarez.

If Brook loses, and gets a real shellacking, it's could help finally grease the wheels for Khan vs Brook.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 09 Jul 2016, 3:07 pm

I bashed Khan for taking a no lose, fight, I will do the same.

Kell hasn't a prayer and gets flattened. GGG inside 6.

Brave but stupid. Chasing dollars, like his rival.

Oh well after he gets knocked out, he can fight Khan.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 09 Jul 2016, 3:10 pm

Although Brook and Khan will cop some stick for throwing it away against crazy opponents, this state of affairs really puts the current middleweight division to shame. Given it used to contain the likes of Jones, Toney, Hopkins, DLH, Trinidad etc, many of whom would fight each other sooner or later.

Compare this to Golovkin and Alvarez, neither of whom want to shut up about the other but whose best idea of a draw are the acts from two floors down. Simply pathetic.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by B.A. BARACUS Sat 09 Jul 2016, 3:21 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:This fight is even more stupid than Canelo vs Khan

Its a monumental mismatch in which Kell Brook is going to take some serious damage, boxing commissions should intervene and stop this ludicrous mismatch

Kell has absolutely no chance and GGG will end it whenever he feels necessary

Anyone who thinks Kell goes past 6 is because GGG lets him

Style is a nightmare for Brook a pressure fighter (Carson Jones)

His arms are too short so he is going to have to step into GGG's range and GGG's jab will kill him

GGG obliterates middleweights, what is he going to do to a blown up welterweight

Shame on Hearn, GGG and Brook for this ludicrous fight, I heavily criticized Canelo and I will heavily criticize GGG

Its so obvious its for a good pay day for both of them and GGG deserves a good pay day with everyone ducking him, but not like this

Hopefully the commission throw it out if they have a shred of decency

Absolutely fuming

WEIGHT CLASSES EXIST FOR A REASON

If both fighters are happy to take the fight then why are you getting your knickers in a twist about it.

I certainly wouldn't waste my time getting all hot and bothered about it - they are both adults and if they wish to fight then so be it.

I'm personally looking forward to this contest and after all the criticism levelled at Brook on this site for fighting a succession of bums, i hope he gets the respect he deserves by taking on the most fearsome fighter of this time.

B.A. BARACUS

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 Jul 2016, 4:55 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:TBH it's a win/win for Hearn. If Brook somehow(probably needs Devine intervention) gets the win, Hearn can setup an even more lucrative fight with Canelo Alvarez.

If Brook loses, and gets a real shellacking, it's could help finally grease the wheels for Khan vs Brook.

I think its lose lose for Hearn......Personally I think it's a save face fight......

1. He's been bragging for weeks he's nailed two big PPV's in Vargas v Brook and Eubank v GGG...This fight eeks of desperation.....

2. The Azy-bargy is a great fighter but he isn't a huge name out of Boxing circles......He'll be coming here for huge money and Brook will be on big money too.....Don't think it is a huge profit maker...Despite Hearn's brilliant promotional abilities....(Say what you like about Eddie but he is great at what he does)

3. Brook could dominate welter for years...Don't think there is a fighter at welter he can't beat !!!.......Sure Brook isn't huge now but it took time for Froch to grow..

4. There isn't a fighter GGG has beat that hasn't been aged by the experience.......The guy is like Chavez he doesn't just beat you he trashes the life out of you (he's a spiteful fighter)......Sure Brook is keeping the IBF belt ...but if he was a big favorite over Vargas he won't be after being dismantled in this fight......Can't see it ending early..

5. Unlike Khan who had a chance against Canelo if he didn't get caught..........I don't see anyway that Brook can win this fight......I'd pick him to get battered if they both fought at the same weight.....From what I've seen of GGG so far only Jones Jr, Robinson and the Nunn that fought Tate would I pick to beat him....and they would be thrillers.....Although it has to be said that he hasn't been tested yet..But he looks the part !!

Fairplay to Brook for showing us what we all knew.... That he is a warrior....No one blamed "him" for Gavin and the garbage....

But this fight eeks of short-termism and I think it's a mistake.......

GGG doesn't just take the win from you... He takes your career..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 09 Jul 2016, 5:01 pm

I don't see who gains from this fight; Brook gets a beating and for not great money whilst Golovkin confirms his need to grow some balls and move up.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Sat 09 Jul 2016, 5:09 pm

So is it at a catch weight or is Brook going all the way up to 160
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 09 Jul 2016, 5:10 pm

Well this puts a few arguements to bed.

GGG will fight smaller men, just not somebody as awkward as Lara.

GGG will give up his only ambition of unifying MW, just not for somebody as awkward as Hopkins.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 5:46 pm

Baby faced assassin wrote:So is it at a catch weight or is Brook going all the way up to 160
Brook will struggle to make 160 but apparently he has no issue with GGG weighing in at the MW.

Anyway for what it's worth I think that should Brook lose, the big fight for him is with Eubank Jr

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 09 Jul 2016, 7:16 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:TBH it's a win/win for Hearn. If Brook somehow(probably needs Devine intervention) gets the win, Hearn can setup an even more lucrative fight with Canelo Alvarez.

I think its lose lose for Hearn......Personally I think it's a save face fight......

1. He's been bragging for weeks he's nailed two big PPV's in Vargas v Brook and Eubank v GGG...This fight eeks of desperation.....

2. The Azy-bargy is a great fighter but he isn't a huge name out of Boxing circles......He'll be coming here for huge money and Brook will be on big money too.....Don't think it is a huge profit maker...Despite Hearn's brilliant promotional abilities....(Say what you like about Eddie but he is great at what he does)

3. Brook could dominate welter for years...Don't think there is a fighter at welter he can't beat !!!.......Sure Brook isn't huge now but it took time for Froch to grow..

4. There isn't a fighter GGG has beat that hasn't been aged by the experience.......The guy is like Chavez he doesn't just beat you he trashes the life out of you (he's a spiteful fighter)......Sure Brook is keeping the IBF belt ...but if he was a big favorite over Vargas he won't be after being dismantled in this fight......Can't see it ending early..

5. Unlike Khan who had a chance against Canelo if he didn't get caught..........I don't see anyway that Brook can win this fight......I'd pick him to get battered if they both fought at the same weight.....From what I've seen of GGG so far only Jones Jr, Robinson and the Nunn that fought Tate would I pick to beat him....and they would be thrillers.....Although it has to be said that he hasn't been tested yet..But he looks the part !!

Fairplay to Brook for showing us what we all knew.... That he is a warrior....No one blamed "him" for Gavin and the garbage....

But this fight eeks of short-termism and I think it's a mistake.......

GGG doesn't just take the win from you... He takes your career..

It's better for him he gets knocked out early, which is entirely possible... Then it's just his confidence and unbeaten aura that have been lost. If he hangs tough to the later rounds then it's the physical damage too.

I reckon he's just desperate for a big pay day. But it's short term thinking.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 09 Jul 2016, 7:33 pm

Im sure Brook thinks he can win. Problem is hes been undermatched so long hes probably too confident

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:42 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:BBBC do what they are told....

Won't happen anyway....All talk to probably smokescreen a couple more stiffs for Brook..

Six years of stiffs and posters are salivating over a welterweight for GGG..

Gotta laugh

Have to agree with you on this one. Fight will inevitably fall through and it's line up the ole stiff under the strength that "we tried to fight the big names". Fight will never happen.

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2