The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night of Glory VII - Feedback Thread

+11
Paul Mac 6CW
Electric Demon
Fernando
Nay
Marky
Engel Harlequin
Steel
TwisT
Crimey
Mat
x12x
15 posters

Go down

Night of Glory VII - Feedback Thread Empty Night of Glory VII - Feedback Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 17 Jul 2016, 10:40 pm

Just to get this going now, as I may well forget later. Initial thoughts are still welcome as the show goes

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Night of Glory VII - Feedback Thread Empty Re: Night of Glory VII - Feedback Thread

Post by x12x Sun 17 Jul 2016, 11:06 pm

So I've been noting down stuff as the show has gone so far:

- Thunder and Reborn segment was brilliant to show that despite being allies they could easily be after the same thing.
- Lewis Daniels sounds like a d¡ck but the involvement of the Sullivan Family and the change of scenery is an awesome development and will really kick off the next year of 6CW
- I wrote match one so can't say much apart from I'm sorry, I'm sorry that I made the 'creative joke'...I thought it was funny at the time but I was also sleep deprived...my deepest apologies
- O'Callaghan and Heath were brilliant and have made me want a full feud between the pair as I can see Ed and Olly in the characters, especially with lines like “guinness loving tater-farmer”
- Engel looking for Jones (I assume) was great as it once again teases the breakdown that he seems to be heading towards
- The FFTR match was chaotic brilliance and gave me hope that we'll get to see a banterful feud with Heath and O'Callaghan costing each other the case...for me personally though the winner was the right one, Thunder has been great since his return and with the case he'll be awesome...I still think the cash in will happen tonight though.
- Scottish James McManus is my favourite
- The TV Title match was awesome and will be great for Engel to really push him over the edge...no Jones, no title...breaking point!
- Norwich Cameron Faith is my new favourite thing, sorry McMcManus (Nice save Chris)
- Great matches all night and some interesting choices with Faith and Crime Lord retaining, excited to see what's next but agree with what Olly said on the chat about maybe joining the UK and INT titles now we have the TV Title
-MAIN EVENTS NEXT!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Night of Glory VII - Feedback Thread Empty Re: Night of Glory VII - Feedback Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 18 Jul 2016, 1:29 am

And that is the whole show posted!

I will probably be about from 10am, although I will look in the morning a bit before. Paul is Paul. Mat has been up writing till half 1 so might deserve some rest. Your PM lines will be open, as ever.

Thank you to all who helped, and to everyone who is part of this weird thing we do.

Aftermath card to be decided later

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 18 Jul 2016, 8:13 am

What a show guys. Unreal.

That ending, superb but I actually became concerned Thunder was going to screw over Reborn!

Brilliant stuff.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Mon 18 Jul 2016, 8:14 am

I too am around from now until 5, and then sort of 8ish onwards, if I'm needed for congratulations/praise/ass-kissing.

If it's criticism or constructive debate regarding aspects of the show, then Paul is your man for all those queries Wink

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Mon 18 Jul 2016, 8:27 am

Online and ready Very Happy

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 18 Jul 2016, 9:21 am

I fell asleep just before the EWF main event and woke up just after the final moment...while I'm a bit disappointed that Wood only got one defence I have to say losing the title has really excited me as a Wood v Thunder feud with both of us around could be awesome...I already have my next promo planned in my head.

I just want to take this time to say well done to not only Mat, Paul and Chris on a great year but also to everyone else who puts the effort in to create these characters who have sadly become a part of my life...I'm now at a point where if I'm designing poster I forget to google Mason Ryan and google Max Adamson instead.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 18 Jul 2016, 9:31 am

Really great show!

I think the ending to the main event was the highlight and think having two new world champions was a good idea, particularly as both are face going into the new "season" of 6CW. 

It'll be really interesting to see where we go from here.

Assuming we'll get Dicey/Cassius, Liam Wood/Thunder, maybe Joshua/Reborn one more time. Beyond that it is pretty hard to tell.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 18 Jul 2016, 9:40 am

I can see O'Callaghan/Heath added to that list...

I want to know who the biker types are, last night on the chat I think it was you Crimey who guessed at Blue Dragon and Logan Kincade...imagine if they came to join Cassius in a Shield style faction.

(Obviously I don't know there history or if they'd ever work together but from what I remember about the characters that would be a great team)

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon 18 Jul 2016, 10:27 am

The biker guys have a long blooming walk when they rearise that 6cw isn't at Wembley anymore

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon 18 Jul 2016, 12:34 pm

Great show guys, Really enjoyable all the way through, even though I think I only predicted one result right hand ha.

First off Faith is coming home, I like that.

Congrats to Thunder, Chris, Crimes and Cerberus on your big wins and perfect execution as well

Will fill out one them feedback forms later on with more detail.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 18 Jul 2016, 1:34 pm

Fantastically wrote matches and some of the opening segments were brilliant. I enjoyed the hologram effect surrounding Reborn - that was a great idea.

Looking forward to Aftermath, what is in store for the new champions and how stories progress.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Mon 18 Jul 2016, 1:35 pm

UNBELIEVABLE!

I'll do fuller feedback later, but in short;

That ending was amazing. I didn't see that coming in a million guesses. It was so so good. I thought Thunder was going to apologetically beat Reborn. Thunder looks a true superhero now! That was a true moment!

The set up to the end of the 6CW Title match, with Joshua's leg getting injured was superb. It was a graphic scene and it really gave Reborn the advantage whilst still keeping Joshua looking bad-ass. Great use of the environment.

Completely marked out at my own appearance in the EWF Title match Laugh I was so shocked. And then excited! No idea why that happened but if that is resulting in a feud with Dicey then it's a dream. Excellent match, superbly paced, great crescendo.

Enjoyed the three other singles title matches. Deserved winners. Hopefully Engel and Cerberus carry on from here. The Engel segments were intriguing - just have no idea what will happen next with him.

I thought the tag team title match was terrific - such a good show opener. And the ending was executed to perfection (that's almost a pun! - but it really was. A great set-up.

The shout of Blue Dragon and Kincade excites me. Hadn't thought of it myself but I would love to see that. The violence and the humour of the piece are in keeping with that suggestion. Great segment.

Fight for the Right was a great match. O Callaghan looked awesome, which I welcome. Great spots with the Cassius and Marshall stand off at the beginning, and the Cassius hanging off the briefcase, and the Boston crab around the ladder. (I did read the bits that didn't mention Cassius Laugh those were just my 3 favourite spots)

Brilliant, brilliant show. Great pace throughout.

2 face World Champions and a bag full of tantalising feuds ahead. Really can't wait for the fallout.

Thank you Gents.

(That feedback was quite full actually Laugh I got carried away)

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Mon 18 Jul 2016, 5:58 pm

Awesome show guys loved it

Every match was well written, my favourites were fftr ladder match, both main events were insane as well.

Ending of the show was great and a great spectacle to end on

Be interesting to see how the purchase of 6cw impacts things going forward, glad to see 6cw going back to Glasgow

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Harlequin Tue 19 Jul 2016, 11:06 am

An ode to night of glory-part one

by Engel Harlequin

The first match was reem as Lex Hart reigned Supreme,
so many contenders as the doubt was ended,
a fantastic showing from all who took part,
But Liams creative pun was like a wet fart,

Thunder achieved what we all believed,
the match was not bad, though it could have been great,
I look forward to the next one at NOG 8,

Now we come to the burial of me,
nah am only joking, was nando's destiny,
such a well written match that made us look tough,
to gazzy i send you some much needed love,

Faith and McManus was relatively fresh,
but with no promo time jimbo can attest,
that a lack of promo made this result best.

to be continued...

Engel Harlequin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 19 Jul 2016, 11:19 am

Engel Harlequin wrote:to be continued...

Let's hope not Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Tue 19 Jul 2016, 11:42 am

That doesn't rhyme

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Tue 19 Jul 2016, 12:01 pm

Remember when you were told that poems didn't need to rhyme, blew my mind at the time.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Tue 19 Jul 2016, 12:14 pm

The ones that don't rhyme are rubbish
Usually about trees

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 19 Jul 2016, 12:24 pm

There once was an oak tree
That wandered in the window
Oh why did it wander did thy ask

^ That kind of sh*t Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Tue 19 Jul 2016, 12:29 pm

Exactly that
But with someone in a beret reading it from a tattered notebook gushing

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Tue 19 Jul 2016, 12:49 pm

I feel the feedback element of this thread has lost its way somewhat

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 19 Jul 2016, 1:24 pm

Which is so unlike this thread, it's usually on point!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Tue 19 Jul 2016, 1:47 pm

Paul Mac 6CW wrote:I feel the feedback element of this thread has lost its way somewhat

See what happens when you leave us, Anarchy breaks out!!!!!!

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Tue 19 Jul 2016, 1:55 pm

I'm waiting for some chatter and discussion to happen

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 19 Jul 2016, 2:11 pm

There was a man called chris
Who didn't realise we were taking the p*ss
When the clock struck one
Edd tickled his bum
And now he speaks with a lisp

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 19 Jul 2016, 2:16 pm

Whilst I enjoyed the shock of Cassius coming out, it did have a normal show vibe to it. I prefer the biggest events to be generally clean and I felt like a distraction win didn't give the finality Night of Glory should give.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 19 Jul 2016, 3:21 pm

I completely agree, it was one of those future moves where we just felt it needed to happen on a big night rather than the next week when you'd be logically thinking "well why not ruin the big night then?" so it kind of was one we had to bite the bullet with and take the rough with the smooth

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Tue 19 Jul 2016, 3:50 pm

I can see that point - though I never had Wood vs Dicey going down clean anyway. They even used my low blow prediction - that should be extra points that!

I think for a shock moment it was something that should stick in the memory

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 19 Jul 2016, 10:38 pm

For what it's worth - feedback from the far east....

Pre-show - boss, loved it Ed. Return of Blade, a scene to behold. An excellent addition to the shows, keep up the good work

Going to group them all into one here - but the little character segments and interactions in between matches were superb I thought. Really added a sense of big occasion, everyone is in the building preparing and interacting before their matches, loved it (the Reborn/Thunder one early an all too obvious hint of what was to come re-reading!!). Also going to campaign for me/Nay to write Miss Jessica segments from here forward after our stellar WWA season

6CW going to Glasgow - dunno the past of it tbh, so I'm fairly like meh lets see (if anyone wants to enlighten me please do so!)

Tag match - not a huge fan of multi team tag matches, but this was a good one. I would have liked to seen Standard Steel progress with the titles further, but am intrigued to see how Perfect Execution rekindle the flame, but also Adamson/Grace and how they react to the loss

FFTR - wow, Mat what a job you did with this match. All competitors come out looking strong after great showings. You had Zhi/Murdoch tension, the huge spots off ladders (the gore to Cass from Thunder off the ladder/briefcase), Masters missing the 450 splash, the ending was superb with the last man standing winning. On a personal note was very pleased with O'Callaghan's showing, and I know Viper seems to think this may lead to a Heath/O'Callaghan feud (with Heath costing O'Callaghan the match), but I'm not so sure. Thunder the correct winner obviously.

TV Title - again a fabulous match, well written. I think Cerbs winning makes perfect sense and is well deserved. It also allows the Engel/Cerbs feud to continue to develop, and Engel is currently one of if not my favourite character. No idea what he will do next, and that is so intriguing. Can't wait to see how this plays out over the coming months

UK/Intercontinental Title matches - Have grouped these together, because for me these will be two matches that go down in the 6CW history books as "what could have been" - don't get me wrong, I know personal stuff can get in the way and I am in no place to comment if that is the case, but I felt creatives hands were tied by the lack of promos incoming from McManus/Anderson pre-NOG, and it kinda forced their hands with the results imo. A real shame because I was buzzing to see Nay/Tooze and Crimey/JJ go up against each other in the promos, but as I said one of those "what could have been" moments. Interested to see where both champions go from here - I'd like to see the titles unified - maybe with 6CW going to Glasgow as Nay said could Faith be going face?

EWF Title match - firstly great match, real back and forth and great stuff from Mat. And wow the Cassius interference, don't think anybody saw that coming! What on earth was Zhi doing out there? Is he working by himself? Why was he costing Dicey and not Wood? Soooo many questions which I look forward to finding out (also ED/Dicey in a promo battle if that is the case will be incredible - potential 2016 feud of the year type stuff)

6CW Title match - firstly again a fantastic match - really enjoyed the pre-match hype, and the way the match went down made both guys look really strong, and I'm almost more intrigued with where Joshua goes next without the title than I am with Reborn as champ (in a strange way!). Happy for Reborn winning the title.

The cash in - The Thunder cash in was predicted by most (not me!), but the way it was done was so cool, I genuinely thought he was gonna turn heel on Reborn but I am buzzing for Thunder to get his big moment which was richly deserved. A Wood/Thunder feud on the horizon? How does Wood react to Reborn hitting the codebreaker on him before the match?

I can't remember who said it (was it JR?) at the end of one Wrestlemania which always sticks in my mind..."Wrestlemania - where it all started again...goodnight" - I definitely feel like this is how Night of Glory went out, and how the big show of any wrestling company should be. Yes it's good to have some finality, but this is always a moment to plant seeds, and make your feuds for the upcoming months/year - and think the guys have done that. The reason I barely watch wrestling anymore is because their is very rarely any unanswered questions left at the end of shows, that aren't predictable. Here I have little to no idea what will happen next, and that's what's so exciting about the upcoming months.

Bravo to all who wrote, and creative, as well as the roster. A great event all round clap

(If you made it this far I question why you care about my opinion that much.... Laugh )

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 20 Jul 2016, 9:47 am

Loved the show, great matches, top stuff 100% guinness guinness guinness

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Jack Wed 20 Jul 2016, 1:39 pm

It was a great event. Cassius coming out in diceys match was a great shock as well as thunder cashing In his world title contract.

Perfect Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down