The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

+37
sensisball
demosthenes
LondonTiger
TJ
Artful_Dodger
nickj
yappysnap
lostinwales
des
Nematode
reallybored
bsando
Prothero
HongKongCherry
Hazel Sapling
RossAnderson
BigGee
Senlac
MacKnocked-on
R!skysports
NeilyBroon
jimbopip
Majestic83
TheMildlyFranticLlama
GLove39
Tattie Scones RRN
EST
Eejit
tigertattie
funnyExiledScot
IanBru
cakeordeath
EWT Spoons
George Carlin
RDW
A Simply Mesmeric Try
41 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 7 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Thu 25 Aug 2016, 2:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 7 Jessie10          Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 7 Glasgo10
Edinburgh & Glasgow Warriors

A Not So Brief History of Time-Wasting   (click to show/hide):

Guinness Pro12

Edinburgh - Fixtures & Results   (click to show/hide):

Youtube playlist of all of Edinburgh's Pro12 action here.

Glasgow Warriors - Fixtures & Results   (click to show/hide):

Youtube playlist of all of Glasgow's Pro12 action here.

Europe

Champions Cup - Glasgow Warriors   (click to show/hide):

Challenge Cup - Edinburgh   (click to show/hide):

1872 Cup

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 7 Trophy

Champions                Runner up
Edinburgh                  Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRwKYyik1ZsD3_NYcbnfefbOA7hTaw1Oo_88AYpdNDsajawQmV  Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnVncYalRPIL7Z-Ia2Em4LrCX8uZulmt1PKHCS4z5p5kPxIEYs

1872 Cup - Past Results   (click to show/hide):

The season has commenced

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 7 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 7 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 7 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 7 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 7 1347041234

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 2:23 am; edited 40 times in total (Reason for editing : Added links to YouTube playlists of Pro12 highlights)
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 7 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by BigGee Sat 24 Sep 2016, 7:31 pm

You wonder as well if Glasgow might need some second row reinforcement now as well.

GP dislocated his shoulder and that could be a season ender or certainly for a good long spell. Cummings has the same injury and you would imagine will have the same timescale to get back.

Hopefully Chewwy and Swinson won't be out as long but currently we have JG and a couple of academy kids as our options and Johnny has played every game so far and must need a rest soon. Its going to be a challenging few weeks and does not bode well for the European games. At least we have got our first block of tough games out of the way.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 7 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by RDW Sat 24 Sep 2016, 8:59 pm

It's alright guys, we've got Edinburgh this afternoon to pick up some pride for Scottish rugby...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 25 Sep 2016, 3:23 am

Well another less than inspiring game from Edinburgh.

The one bright spot was surely the performance of Magnus Bradbury, who has probably been the stand out player for them over the four games so far, all the commentators are drooling about him.

I he going to be in the Scotland squad this autumn, he probably should be. He tackles like Rob Harley and can carry so much better. He is also in much better form than CDP at the moment, albeit that he is just easing his way back in.

He would be in my squad and should get a cap against Georgia

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 25 Sep 2016, 4:44 am

That's a big turnaround Biggee given last week the chat was that he was unlikely to make the Scotland squad and still has some learning to do.

It must have been some performance!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 25 Sep 2016, 5:56 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:That's a big turnaround Biggee given last week the chat was that he was unlikely to make the Scotland squad and still has some learning to do.

It must have been some performance!

He has been good each game so far, but today he was outstanding in a pack going backwards. CDP was pretty anonymous and was subbed off. His consistency has won me over and it is never easy to look good in a bad team.

If everyone was fit and on form then he would be struggling a bit maybe, but the rest of the back row are either crocked or not playing well. I think he has earned his chance.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 26 Sep 2016, 1:22 am

Rory Clegg is a late call-up at 10 for London Scottish today - good for LS but strange he wasn't on the bench for Glasgow given they had no backup 10 on Friday.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 26 Sep 2016, 1:50 am

CDP dropped a few highballs and he didn't standout as much as Bradbury but still got some good go forward ball. His passing is top notch too unlike another African raised Scottish backrow player. Considering Scotland have Georgia and Argentina I think Bradbury could definitely feature there somewhere if there are injuries.

Thought SHC looked good apart from when he was under a lot of pressure. Bit too much looking at the ref for my liking too, just focus on the game!!

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 26 Sep 2016, 4:44 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Rory Clegg is a late call-up at 10 for London Scottish today - good for LS but strange he wasn't on the bench for Glasgow given they had no backup 10 on Friday.

It seems the arrangement between LS and the SRU has some flexibility attached to it. That is no bad thing and it certainly won't have done Clegg any harm to have a full game under his belt.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 26 Sep 2016, 5:15 am

bsando wrote:CDP dropped a few highballs and he didn't standout as much as Bradbury but still got some good go forward ball. His passing is top notch too unlike another African raised Scottish backrow player. Considering Scotland have Georgia and Argentina I think Bradbury could definitely feature there somewhere if there are injuries.

Thought SHC looked good apart from when he was under a lot of pressure. Bit too much looking at the ref for my liking too, just focus on the game!!

It was CDPs first game back this season - I'm willing to give him a bit of slack!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 26 Sep 2016, 7:08 pm

Duncan Weir took a head knock at the weekend, and with Tovey and supposedly Burleigh both injured it could lead to a run of games for Blair Kinghorn at 10 (and no one left for backup).

Kinghorn was busy and tried a lot of things at the weekend against Munster, but he was a bit rabbit in the headlights at times and threw some wild passes.  His first movement was also sideways, which reduces the amount of space for the outside backs and lets the defence just drift. He did make the odd good half break and is a running thread at 10. His kicking can be wayward though!

Let's see how he gets on.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 26 Sep 2016, 7:51 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Duncan Weir took a head knock at the weekend, and with Tovey and supposedly Burleigh both injured it could lead to a run of games for Blair Kinghorn at 10 (and no one left for backup).

Kinghorn was busy and tried a lot of things at the weekend against Munster, but he was a bit rabbit in the headlights at times and threw some wild passes.  His first movement was also sideways, which reduces the amount of space for the outside backs and lets the defence just drift. He did make the odd good half break and is a running thread at 10. His kicking can be wayward though!

Sounds rather like Phil Godman, Rory Hutton, David Blair, Harry Leonard, Piers Francis, Carl Bezuidenhout and Jade Te Rure. Have I missed anyone??

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 26 Sep 2016, 7:52 pm

BigGee wrote:Well another less than inspiring game from Edinburgh.

The one bright spot was surely the performance of Magnus Bradbury, who has probably been the stand out player for them over the four games so far, all the commentators are drooling about him.

I he going to be in the Scotland squad this autumn, he probably should be. He tackles like Rob Harley and can carry so much better. He is also in much better form than CDP at the moment, albeit that he is just easing his way back in.

He would be in my squad and should get a cap against Georgia

Agreed. He would be there on merit.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 26 Sep 2016, 7:57 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Duncan Weir took a head knock at the weekend, and with Tovey and supposedly Burleigh both injured it could lead to a run of games for Blair Kinghorn at 10 (and no one left for backup).

Sounds rather like Phil Godman, Rory Hutton, David Blair, Harry Leonard, Piers Francis, Carl Bezuidenhout and Jade Te Rure. Have I missed anyone??

I'm maybe being a bit harsh on him as he does clearly have a lot of talent and was brought on when we were behind, so we had to chase the game, but he certainly has a lot to work on if he is to be a 10.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 26 Sep 2016, 8:20 pm

I think it comes down to how much time he's going to get there. To develop at 10 you need to be playing there, and preferably getting a consistent run with the same 9 and 12. He won't develop at 10 getting only 4-5 games a season and being used as emergency cover. I'd personally like to see him pick a position and stick with it, and thus far he looks a good bet at 15. He's too talented for us to be wasting.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 26 Sep 2016, 8:25 pm

Depending on how bad Weir and Burleigh are he may just get that run of games now. SHC will probably find himself starting more too as his goal kicking will be needed.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 26 Sep 2016, 8:33 pm

Well a 9,10 and 12 combo of SH-C, Kinghorn and Rasolea certainly can't be described as conservative!!

I haven't seen the game but noted that Chris Dean scored from 12. How did he get on generally?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 26 Sep 2016, 8:35 pm

It was a run in from around our 22 after the ball spilled out of a ruck.

As I said on the match thread I think he looks better suited to 12, as his lack of pace off the mark isn't such as issue. He can cope with the physicality and made the odd half break too. His distribution isn't great though, but the same could be said about every Edinburgh player! Our skill level is truly awful.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 26 Sep 2016, 8:39 pm

Lovely. Who needs a 12 with good distribution skills....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 27 Sep 2016, 6:57 pm

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 27 Sep 2016, 8:03 pm

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 27 Sep 2016, 9:30 pm

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 27 Sep 2016, 11:13 pm

Myerside - Some new rumours about the plan for the stadium. No idea on the original source, but latest rumour is that the standing section across from the main stand is going to be covered, and there are going to be uncovered corner sections either side of the main stand (eventually).

I guess it's another way of increasing the capacity to meet the demand of folk desperate to see attractive winning rugby....

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 27 Sep 2016, 11:29 pm

....if they get it past the residents!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 7 Empty Injury updates

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Wed 28 Sep 2016, 2:42 am

Duncy Weir fractured his jaw against Munster, in a head clash with CJ Stander.

Fortunately for Edinburgh, Jason Tovey is back in training. As is Nasi Manu.

Kevin Bryce is also crocked for a while so WP Nel and Nick Beavon are Edin's only fit TH props.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 28 Sep 2016, 3:37 am

Presumably the Meatball ran into Stander's meat and two veg. Hope he gets well soon.

Thank god Tovey is back. If he's even at 60% then he should play.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Wed 28 Sep 2016, 7:19 am

Agree 100% George.

Tovey back from injury is really important, and as much I want to be proven wrong, I doubt Kinghorn has developed pro-level game management skills yet, so seeing him at 10 without Burleigh outside him would give Edinburgh fans the heebie-jeebies.

The 9-10-12 axis is looks weak without Weir/Tovey, Burleigh and the form of Sam HC.
I rate Sam HC, Kennedy and Fowles but they aren't setting the heather aflame. Without Weir and Tovey, the pressure is all on Kinghorn. At 12, I get the impression Rasolea needs a solid 10 on his inside. Ditto with Dean.

Brutal injuries in both matches this weekend. Glasgow's first half made me wince a few times Crying or Very sad
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 28 Sep 2016, 7:24 pm

Damian Hoyland provided the newspaper piece this morning, talking up the prospect of Kinghorn at 10. These pieces invariably have official sanction from the club, so I imagine that means that he will start at FH.

Tovey, who can hardly be match fit in any case, will probably bench and can come on to close out the game if it is tight.

It is likely to be a Tovey/Kinghorn FH combo for the foreseeable with Weir 's injury. I think they do need to give Kinghorn his opportunity now. He does seem to have something about him and if he gets the experience he could be really. He is already ahead of where FR was at the same career stage and look how he came on when given the opportunity.

Edinburgh and Scotland are really crying out for another FH prospect and he could be the one. Duncy is not the answer in the longer term.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 28 Sep 2016, 7:29 pm

BigGee wrote:Damian Hoyland provided the newspaper piece this morning, talking up the prospect of Kinghorn at 10. These pieces invariably have official sanction from the club, so I imagine that means that he will start at FH.

Tovey, who can hardly be match fit in any case, will probably bench and can come on to close out the game if it is tight.

It is likely to be a Tovey/Kinghorn FH combo for the foreseeable with Weir 's injury. I think they do need to give Kinghorn his opportunity now. He does seem to have something about him and if he gets the experience he could be really. He is already ahead of where FR was at the same career stage and look how he came on when given the opportunity.

Edinburgh and Scotland are really crying out for another FH prospect and he could be the one. Duncy is not the answer in the longer term.

It's not like you to get ahead of yourself when it comes to the promise of a young player!

I think the Finn Russell comparison is fair - he is a flair player who is a game changer with great attacking instincts, but his game management and all-round skillset needs work. He certainly not in the Rory Hutton mould in that regard, but things like missed penalties to touch (a Russell special) and the odd speculative pass should become less frequent with experience.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 28 Sep 2016, 8:03 pm

I completely agree with that, he is a long way from the finished article. He can learn game management though, but you can't teach flair and vision, which he already possesses.

I am also a bit of a fatalist and here he is with the chance, that he would have been unlikely to have had so quickly, being presented to him by Weir's misfortune. How often do you see that in sport, when someone is given the chance and then never look back? It happened like that at Glasgow and then suddenly Jacko was out the door.

I think FH has always been the long term plan for him, otherwise surely he would have been playing 15 for Edinburgh this season, he showed what he could do there last year.

Lets not put to much pressure on him and see how he gets on.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 28 Sep 2016, 8:38 pm

Kinghorn should be given a run of 7-8 games at 10 with a game or so from the bench in the middle. Tovey can comes on at the hour mark.

Edinburgh have looked terrible and are going nowhere this season on present form (as Solly says goodbye) so might as well make sure SHC, Bryce, Dean, Kinghorn, Berghan, Ritchie and Bradbury get plenty of time to develop to prepare for Mike Blair's future reign.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 28 Sep 2016, 10:26 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:Kinghorn should be given a run of 7-8 games at 10 with a game or so from the bench in the middle. Tovey can comes on at the hour mark.

Edinburgh have looked terrible and are going nowhere this season on present form (as Solly says goodbye) so might as well make sure SHC, Bryce, Dean, Kinghorn, Berghan, Ritchie and Bradbury get plenty of time to develop to prepare for Mike Blair's future reign.  

I like your thinking! To give Solomons some credit, he has given decent opportunities to most of the players you've listed above. I'd argue that Bryce, Dean and Ritchie have possibly been given the benefit of the doubt by Solomons on a number of occasions.

As for Kinghorn at 10, I haven't seen enough to be convinced. I rated him highly at 15 though, and Bryce looks flaky. Whatever the decision, I hope he picks a position and sticks with it. There are lessons to be learned from Chris Paterson.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 29 Sep 2016, 12:00 am

How are Edinburgh doing this season chaps? And do you think they'll bother taking Europe seriously?

Quins are in their pool and have been pretty, well crap really, up until last week.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 29 Sep 2016, 12:04 am

We've been pretty awful - 1 win from 4 and poor performances to boot. We've generally been getting better each game but there is still a long way to go.

I think we'll rest players for our opening game away to the Romanian side then be at full strength for the Quins game, and will be taking it seriously.

After that it comes down to how the league is going - if we manage to turn things around I'd hope we would focus on that, but if it is still a disaster then we may put more effort into Europe.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 7 Empty Scottish Rugby considers putting Glasgow and Edinburgh up for sale

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 29 Sep 2016, 12:48 am

From the bbc

bbc wrote:The Scottish Rugby Union is asking members to allow it to put the country's two professional teams up for sale.

The SRU wants to be able to sell all, or part of, Pro12 clubs Glasgow Warriors and Edinburgh Rugby.

The union has called a special general meeting on 28 October when member clubs can vote on a rule change.

In a letter sent to member clubs, the union said it has to be "inventive and innovative".

If a two-thirds majority backs the motion, outside parties would be able to invest in or take ownership of Warriors and Edinburgh. The SRU currently owns and funds them both to the tune of around £5m per year each.

However, BBC Scotland has learned that the SRU would want to ensure buyers would make commitments in terms of future investment and in bringing through young Scottish players before selling stakes in either pro team.

The Scottish game's ruling body feels getting substantial outside investment is the only way its professional teams will be able to compete in years to come with teams in England's Premiership and France's Top 14, both of which have benefited from huge increases in money from television companies.

Scottish Rugby chief executive Mark Dodson told BBC Scotland last month that he would be prepared to talk to interested parties about giving up control of Glasgow and Edinburgh if the price was right.

In a letter to be sent to member clubs and obtained by the BBC, SRU President Rob Flockhart says: ''The history of rugby in Scotland is characterised by a willingness to make bold decisions; we have to be inventive and innovative as we seek new income streams that will enable us to safeguard our ongoing investment in the domestic game and still support our pro-clubs at an appropriate level.

"It is increasingly clear that we must look at all options in order to attract more external funding. Your president, board and council now all seek your support to proceed to help us look to secure further investment in our great sport."

The special general meeting is to take place on 28 October.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu 29 Sep 2016, 12:51 am

EWT Spoons wrote:From the bbc

bbc wrote:The Scottish Rugby Union is asking members to allow it to put the country's two professional teams up for sale.

The SRU wants to be able to sell all, or part of, Pro12 clubs Glasgow Warriors and Edinburgh Rugby.

The union has called a special general meeting on 28 October when member clubs can vote on a rule change.

In a letter sent to member clubs, the union said it has to be "inventive and innovative".

If a two-thirds majority backs the motion, outside parties would be able to invest in or take ownership of Warriors and Edinburgh. The SRU currently owns and funds them both to the tune of around £5m per year each.

However, BBC Scotland has learned that the SRU would want to ensure buyers would make commitments in terms of future investment and in bringing through young Scottish players before selling stakes in either pro team.

The Scottish game's ruling body feels getting substantial outside investment is the only way its professional teams will be able to compete in years to come with teams in England's Premiership and France's Top 14, both of which have benefited from huge increases in money from television companies.

Scottish Rugby chief executive Mark Dodson told BBC Scotland last month that he would be prepared to talk to interested parties about giving up control of Glasgow and Edinburgh if the price was right.

In a letter to be sent to member clubs and obtained by the BBC, SRU President Rob Flockhart says: ''The history of rugby in Scotland is characterised by a willingness to make bold decisions....usually far too late; we have to be inventive and innovative as we seek new income streams that will enable us to safeguard our ongoing investment in the domestic game and still support our pro-clubs at an appropriate level.

"It is increasingly clear that we must look at all options in order to attract more external funding. Your president, board and council now all seek your support to proceed to help us look to secure further investment in our great sport."

Think they missed a bit...

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 29 Sep 2016, 12:55 am

EWT Spoons wrote:From the bbc

In a letter to be sent to member clubs and obtained by the BBC, SRU President Rob Flockhart says: ''The history of rugby in Scotland is characterised by a willingness to make bold decisions; we have to be inventive and innovative as we seek new income streams that will enable us to safeguard our ongoing investment in the domestic game and still support our pro-clubs at an appropriate level.

I can see the personal ad now.

"Two teams for sale - one new and brightly polished, one vintage and heavily soiled.

Will swap for £50 and Jeremy Bone."
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 29 Sep 2016, 12:58 am

Ah, this old chestnut. We'll allow private money into the professional game in Scotland, but it comes with loads of strings attached ("the SRU would want to ensure buyers would make commitments in terms of future investment and in bringing through young Scottish players"). The SRU want control, but don't want to pay for it.

I'm sorry but this isn't innovative and inventive.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:00 am

Breaking - Alan Solomons has stepped down, Duncan Hodge has taken charge on a temporary basis.

Wow!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:06 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Breaking - Alan Solomons has stepped down, Duncan Hodge has taken charge on a temporary basis.

Wow!

Wow indeed. Solomons accepting his tenure has been a failure and walking, can't possibly be interpreted any other way can it?

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:07 am

I wonder if that means they've found a buyer? Presumably for Glasgow? Could it be China's landscaping millionaires have moved their focus from the Midland's football clubs to the goliaths of Scotstoun?

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:07 am

Bloody hell! That's huge news. Huge pressure on Hodge.

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:08 am

Delighted!!

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:09 am

nickj wrote:Bloody hell! That's huge news. Huge pressure on Hodge.

Not really - if we carry on being crap he has the excuse that he was basically just left with what Solomons had created, and you can't change much during the season. If we start doing a lot better he'll obviously take the credit.

I'm surprised Hodge is head coach - Stevie Scott has been there the longest.  Maybe it is because he has always been Solomons' lieutenant?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:10 am

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Breaking - Alan Solomons has stepped down, Duncan Hodge has taken charge on a temporary basis.

Wow!

Wow indeed. Solomons accepting his tenure has been a failure and walking, can't possibly be interpreted any other way can it?
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 7 Obviou10
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:11 am

Alan Solomons wrote:I have decided to step down. I understand Scottish Rugby have appointed Duncan Hodge as the new Acting Head Coach and I wish him well.

I have greatly enjoyed working with the players and coaches and feel I have helped to put the club on a much stronger footing over the past three years and am leaving it in a better place than when I arrived.”

No explanation as to why. Other that the glaringly obvious, that we have gone nowhere for the last few years.

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:11 am

I can't see any one being interested in buying/investing in either team, there is literally no incentive for them to do so.  It's like the SRU saying they want to create a franchise team on the moon, it's never going to happen (at least not in my lifetime)

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:12 am

George Carlin wrote:
TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:

Wow!

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 7 Obviou10

Laugh

I heard its down to the weather. And the lack of a pre-season. And the injuries....

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:17 am

I'm guessing he's probably sick of getting all the grief he has of late....I mean as much as an Edinburgh coach gets considering the general lack of interest.

Delighted he's gone, but on the evidence so far Hodge doesn't seem much of an improvement, but maybe with the freedom he's now got he'll be better....i hope.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:20 am

It's a shame because based on last weekend's improved performance (scrum aside) and our retruning internationals, I think we stand a chance against Connacht this weekend. Hopefully this doesn't mess things up.

I think most people like Solomons personally - he is a real rugby man and you can tell he cares a lot about the team, but he's not exactly leaving much of a legacy.

Apart from 2 years in a row weegie bashing honours...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:31 am

Langilangi Haupeakui officially confirmed. Two year deal.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next