The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

+37
sensisball
demosthenes
LondonTiger
TJ
Artful_Dodger
nickj
yappysnap
lostinwales
des
Nematode
reallybored
bsando
Prothero
HongKongCherry
Hazel Sapling
RossAnderson
BigGee
Senlac
MacKnocked-on
R!skysports
NeilyBroon
jimbopip
Majestic83
TheMildlyFranticLlama
GLove39
Tattie Scones RRN
EST
Eejit
tigertattie
funnyExiledScot
IanBru
cakeordeath
EWT Spoons
George Carlin
RDW
A Simply Mesmeric Try
41 posters

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 14 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Thu 25 Aug 2016, 4:25 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 14 Jessie10          Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 14 Glasgo10
Edinburgh & Glasgow Warriors

A Not So Brief History of Time-Wasting   (click to show/hide):

Guinness Pro12

Edinburgh - Fixtures & Results   (click to show/hide):

Youtube playlist of all of Edinburgh's Pro12 action here.

Glasgow Warriors - Fixtures & Results   (click to show/hide):

Youtube playlist of all of Glasgow's Pro12 action here.

Europe

Champions Cup - Glasgow Warriors   (click to show/hide):

Challenge Cup - Edinburgh   (click to show/hide):

1872 Cup

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 14 Trophy

Champions                Runner up
Edinburgh                  Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 14 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRwKYyik1ZsD3_NYcbnfefbOA7hTaw1Oo_88AYpdNDsajawQmV  Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 14 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnVncYalRPIL7Z-Ia2Em4LrCX8uZulmt1PKHCS4z5p5kPxIEYs

1872 Cup - Past Results   (click to show/hide):

The season has commenced

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 14 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 14 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 14 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 14 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 14 1347041234

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 4:23 pm; edited 40 times in total (Reason for editing : Added links to YouTube playlists of Pro12 highlights)
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 14 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by MacKnocked-on Mon 24 Oct 2016, 3:24 pm

George Carlin wrote:Very interesting signing and absolutely necessary. 

Clearly Dave Rennie is now on speed dial with a 'decent Kiwi player telephone ordering service'. Excellent. Rennie has said that he will bring players with him and I hope that this is a portent of things to come (just hopefully with more Chiefs first team squad players coming over).

Yes, hopefully some of those might be SQ.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 14 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 24 Oct 2016, 3:40 pm

Early days, but could Brian qualify for Scotland on residency? I note he's played Samoa U20 rugby. Any clues as to whether that rules him out for Scotland, Shingler style?

He says he likes to play a fast game. I honestly don't know how quickly I'd soil myself if he were to run at me.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 24 Oct 2016, 3:48 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:

I wonder if Petersen, a good squad player, might find himself the odd man out if this bloke turns out to be something a bit more.  

As it seems unlikely that he will play again this season, I would say that Peterson is probably a little vulnerable, I think his contract is up at the end of the season.

I know it is a little bit early to speculate about next season, but a few must be getting quite worried, including some stalwarts.

Playing no rugby is not going to do Junior B any favours, nor Richie V, Chris F or Ryan Grant.

Not for injury reasons, as he seems almost indestructible, but surely this is going to be the venerable Sean's last season as well. We could take that Wasps winger Josh Barrett in his place and Huw Jones can fill in for RV! That sounds like a reasonable trade.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 24 Oct 2016, 4:08 pm

I think Chris F signed a contract last season to take him through at least another year after this one. He will likely be safe

Grant is probably not going to be needed if we have a young loosehead coming through (or we nick Shiells from LS)

Junior B could end up with the 7s though he deserves a few games to decide on if he could make the grade

RV can't stay healthy. Maybe becoming a senior member at LS or getting sent down to Edinburgh could be in his future

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 24 Oct 2016, 7:11 pm

https://youtu.be/lDFXFYI9_u8

Blair Kinghorn's try my personal favourite!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Tue 25 Oct 2016, 9:58 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:https://youtu.be/lDFXFYI9_u8

Blair Kinghorn's try my personal favourite!

He's got to be in the squad today surely, if not for the experience. I think get him to fly half before it's too late!

Though he'd be a great back-up FB

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 25 Oct 2016, 11:16 am

The Scotland team announcement has cnofirmed Edinburgh could face a propping crisis with both Nel and Sutherland out injured until after the AIs - made even worse if Dell is involved in a Scotland match squad.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 25 Oct 2016, 11:34 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:The Scotland team announcement has cnofirmed Edinburgh could face a propping crisis with both Nel and Sutherland out injured until after the AIs - made even worse if Dell is involved in a Scotland match squad.

Trying to work out who we would have left during the AIs assuming we don’t get anyone back

LH
Cosgrove
….I think that’s it
Hooker
Cochrane (if he’s fit)
Turner (I think)
TH
McCallum
Beavon (I’m only including him because it’s possible, I can’t see him playing)
Argentinian lad we just signed (I forget his name), that is assuming they don’t call him up given he’s already in the country.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 25 Oct 2016, 11:41 am

Yeah that's pretty much it. I suspect we'll get Dell back but our propping resources are still looking fairly bleak.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Tue 25 Oct 2016, 12:31 pm

What about George Hunter at loosehead and McQwillan at tighthead? Are they both crocked?

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 25 Oct 2016, 12:37 pm

Is Hunter even in the squad? I think McQuillan is technically a London Scottish player but he did come up for one game earlier in the season.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 25 Oct 2016, 12:51 pm

Great highlights from an attacking perspective. Tovey is comfortably the best 10 we've had for a long while (although his goal kicking could improve) and Kinghorn is such a languid and deceptive runner. Accepting the danger of overhyping him, there's something quite Larkham-esque about his running style. He looks like he's a bit gangly and going nowhere, and then you realise he's through the gap. Hoyland is also looking very sharp. I'm pleased he's in the Scotland squad.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 25 Oct 2016, 12:52 pm

Tovey's goal kicking really isn't great - we could do with SHC taking over but he's not getting picked just now!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 25 Oct 2016, 1:51 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Tovey's goal kicking really isn't great - we could do with SHC taking over but he's not getting picked just now!

and when you see him playing, you can kind of see why!

Kennedy actually had his best game for a long time and made me remember that when he was over with Glasgow, he was seen as the next coming SH. I think he was even invited to train with Scotland at that stage. He seemed to lose his way a bit after that and was never Solly's choice.

He may turn out to be the one Edinburgh SH that puts his hand up and says that he wants the starting shirt, they have not been bold over by the demand for that to happen this season.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 25 Oct 2016, 2:17 pm

Kennedy should benefit from Hodge taking over from Solomons, and the greater emphasis on attack. He's a tempo scrum half and whilst I still believe SH-C to be the better long term prospect, Kennedy is a good player for a team looking to attack.

It'll be interesting to see who gets the start against Zebre. Surely if Kennedy gets and nod and plays well, Hodge will give him a run. I'm almost past caring who plays at 9, as long as we get some continuity of selection and give someone a proper chance.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 27 Oct 2016, 9:37 am

Completely underwater at work. Can someone do the match threads for the weekend?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 27 Oct 2016, 10:21 am

https://www.606v2.com/t64341-glasgow-warriors-vs-benetton-treviso

Did not have time to work my way up to George's standards but will update with teams when they come out.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Thu 27 Oct 2016, 11:31 am

George Carlin wrote:Completely underwater at work. Can someone do the match threads for the weekend?

In related news, a recent photo of GC has appeared online
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 14 ZfY7Ndx

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 27 Oct 2016, 11:51 am

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Completely underwater at work. Can someone do the match threads for the weekend?

In related news, a recent photo of GC has appeared online
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 14 ZfY7Ndx

laughing

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:03 pm

Edinburgh game isn't on TV so probably doens't need it's own match thread (unless anyone wants to make one) but in any case here is the team

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 14 CvxQA-lWEAEnrYK

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:23 pm

Acting Head Coach Duncan Hodge has made four personnel changes to his starting side for tomorrow’s Guinness PRO12 clash against Zebre at BT Murrayfield (kick-off 7.35pm).

Viliame Mata (left) and Felipe Arregui are both set to make their first home start against Zebre

All of the changes come in the forward pack, and are split equally between the front-three and the back-row.

Tighthead prop Felipe Arregui will make his first Edinburgh Rugby start as he replaces the injured WP Nel (neck) in the front-row, while hooker Stuart McInally makes a direct swap from the bench with Ross Ford.

In the back-row, Magnus Bradbury switches from blindside flanker to number eight with the incoming Viliame Mata donning the number six shirt in his first home start.

John Hardie comes in for Hamish Watson on the openside flank to join Mata and Bradbury in the back-row.

Acting Head Coach Duncan Hodge said: “We’ve named a fairly settled squad for this week as we go back into Guinness PRO12 action and look to build on the three consecutive wins.

“We’ve had a good week of training as positivity and confidence continues to build but our focus remains on continuing to perform and gather momentum in the championship.

“The support last week at BT Murrayfield was outstanding and we can’t wait to get back out in front of our home fans and put in another performance they can be proud of.”

The entire starting back division remains from last week’s 36-35 defeat of Harlequins.

The try-scoring trio of Blair Kinghorn, Damien Hoyland and Tom Brown continue as the back-three unit, while Chris Dean and Phil Burleigh remain as the centre pairing.

Sean Kennedy and Jason Tovey start at scrum-half and stand-off respectively.

Allan Dell – who was a late call-up into last week’s starting side – joins McInally and Arregui in the front-row, while the lock-pairing of captain Grant Gilchrist and Ben Toolis are named in the middle-row.

Players unavailable due to injury: Nick Beavon (neck), Simon Berghan (foot), Anton Bresler (groin), Kevin Bryce (shoulder), Alasdair Dickinson (hamstring), Viliami Fihaki (sternum), Nasi Manu (shoulder), Willem Nel (neck), Rory Sutherland (groin), Sasa Tofilau (wrist), Duncan Weir (jaw)

Edinburgh Rugby team to play Zebre in the Guinness PRO12 at BT Murrayfield tomorrow (Friday 28 October, kick-off 7.35pm)

15. Blair Kinghorn

14. Damien Hoyland
13. Chris Dean
12. Phil Burleigh
11. Tom Brown

10. Jason Tovey
9. Sean Kennedy

1. Allan Dell
2. Stuart McInally
3. Felipe Arregui
4. Ben Toolis
5. Grant Gilchrist CAPTAIN
6. Viliame Mata
7. John Hardie
8. Magnus Bradbury

Replacements

16. Ross Ford
17. Jack Cosgrove
18. Murray McCallum
19. Fraser McKenzie
20. Cornell Du Preez
21. Sam Hidalgo-Clyne
22. Michael Allen
23. Glenn Bryce

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by des Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:32 pm

Very strong team given the fixture.

I would have thought having Cochrane on the bench would have been sensible given the run he's got ahead of him.  

I suppose there's always the risk of injury and leaving us with no hookers during the AIs.

des

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:40 pm

Assuming the Scotland players won't be available next week (rested the week before the AIs) it is their last chance for gametime. If they were rested for this one too it would be 3 weeks between their last games and the AIs.

Tough on Watson to be rotated for Hardie but I'm sure Vern has asked for Hardie to get gametime.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:41 pm

Big game for Chris Dean, he needs to cut out the indiscipline and start justifying being picked over Michael Allen.

Assuming Edinburgh managed to post the wrong team initially, as RDWs first post has Manu starting at 8 and him listed as injured in the full article? TBH I'm struggling to see the point in Manu now, he can't put a string of games together without breaking down.

Otherwise a strong side, and I hope we give Zebre a very tough time tomorrow and keep up the momentum we've been starting to build

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:44 pm

This certainly isn't the first time Edinburgh's social media people have messed up their Twitter announcement - it does look like Manu is injured at Bradbury is at 8.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:00 am

Rumours of Huw Jones moving to Edinburgh next season. Hodge is claiming ignorance and he's probably not lying - sounds like Edinburgh coaches don't have much say on signing policy!

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/guinness-pro12/edinburgh-coach-in-dark-over-possible-move-for-huw-jones-1-4271236

Would be brilliant if he came but we'd have too many centres and would have to get rid of some - Dean, Allan, Tofilau, Rasolea Burleigh. Can't see Will Helu staying next season so that frees up an outside back space.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:00 am

I would imagine he will be coming here this season. He will need to if he is going to play in the 6N, otherwise he wiill be out of season while it is going on and why would we be picking him now if the intention is not to carry on.

These negotiations have been going on since before Hodge took over no doubt but I don't think he handled that very well. It almost sounded like he does not want him to come, which i very much doubt would be the case, given he looks like a very good player. He should have played his cards a bit closer to his chest.

There is more to being a head coach than just coaching and picking the team and he barely passed his first real test of political acumen. That will be a side of the job that he really does need to work on. Like it or not the two pro teams are still run by the SRU and they are going to have a say in the players that come. In the current set up and particularly as he is only an interim that is something he is going to have to come to terms with.

Unless Glasgow know that they are going to be losing one of their international centres, then I guess Edinburgh would be a better fit for him and they would be mad not to welcome him.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:04 am

Allan moves over to wing more permanently? Bryce plays 13 too so it makes little sense unless they lose an additional centre (Allan or Ras would be my suspicion).

I would prefer Jones in Europe but he is probably better off somewhere in the Premiership (or after the recent row in the Top 14). Bosch is getting on and Sarries like signing folk from South African clubs. Burger and Maitland could put in a word or two.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:12 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Rumours of Huw Jones moving to Edinburgh next season. Hodge is claiming ignorance and he's probably not lying - sounds like Edinburgh coaches don't have much say on signing policy!

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/guinness-pro12/edinburgh-coach-in-dark-over-possible-move-for-huw-jones-1-4271236

Would be brilliant if he came but we'd have too many centres and would have to get rid of some - Dean, Allan, Tofilau, Rasolea  Burleigh. Can't see Will Helu staying next season so that frees up an outside back space.

Makes sense for him to go to Edinburgh rather than Glasgow. Glasgow have a lot of good centres where as at Edinburgh there is only 1 scots qualified centre and some average centres.
Michael Allen's contract is up at the end of the season, Tofilau only signed a one year deal as well so that could well be two centres Edinburgh move on.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:14 am

Bryce has shown nothing for Edinburgh to suggest that he's anything other than an average squad player.  Good to have these kind of players (and I'd rather these kind of players are at least SQ and not players like Strauss and Atiga) but he's not exactly someone to build the team around.

Dean had one of his best games for Edinburgh against Quins and showed that he may have a future - I'm still not convinced though and I don't think he'll ever make the step up to Scotland.  Tofilau looks like he could be an incredibly exciting player and is still very young.

Rasolea has been a disappointment so far given his SR experience but we don't have many 12s so is worth keeping next season.

I like Allan and hope we keep him - he offers a lot of pace and skill in the 13 channel and scores tries too.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:17 am

Hazel Sapling wrote:Allan moves over to wing more permanently? Bryce plays 13 too so it makes little sense unless they lose an additional centre (Allan or Ras would be my suspicion).

It does make sense, as he is potentially a better player than any of the existing Edinburgh centres and there is a need to get him over her sooner rather than later.

The SRU would likely fund it intially as a special case, in the same way that they did for Maitland coming to Glasgow. The fact that VC has him in the squad over Matt Scott, who as it has already been noted, is playing very well this year, suggests that he does rate him very highly.

He is going to be over here with the squad now for the next 4 weeks, don't be to surprised if he does not go back to SA. Give him a few weeks off to get over the long season and he could be playing after xmas for Edinburgh and for Scotland in the 6N.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:27 am

Will Helu, who has been non-existent for Edinburgh since his arrival, is not going to be staying past the end of the season.

Allen, whoes contract is up, has played well and has also made noises about becomming SQ, I can see him staying as well.

Rasolea is contracted for another year and may still come onto a game.

Tofilau is young and promising and probably costs bugger all, so would be worth hanging onto as well, he may even become SQ in time as well.

The real enigma in the edinburgh backs is Rory Scholes, who is getting even less game time than he got in Ulster, which is why he moved in the first place. hard to imagine that he is happy with this situation given that he is also highly rated by the Ulster fans. makes you wonder if he has not settled or if there is something else going on. He could be the one to go, for those reasons.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:28 am

Will Helu, who has been non-existent for Edinburgh since his arrival, is not going to be staying past the end of the season.

Allen, whoes contract is up, has played well and has also made noises about becomming SQ, I can see him staying as well.

Rasolea is contracted for another year and may still come onto a game.

Tofilau is young and promising and probably costs very little, so would be worth hanging onto as well, he may even become SQ in time as well.

The real enigma in the edinburgh backs is Rory Scholes, who is getting even less game time than he got in Ulster, which is why he moved in the first place. hard to imagine that he is happy with this situation given that he is also highly rated by the Ulster fans. makes you wonder if he has not settled or if there is something else going on. He could be the one to go, for those reasons.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:38 am

Scholes has been poorly treated. Kinghorn hitting form early has not helped him adapt. Put him on the left wing to rotate with Brown a bit and let him compete for the 15 jersey to rebuild his confidence.

The problem at the moment is Allan, Dean and Tof should all be retained as SQ centres who are all decent professionals. One of them may develop to be good enough for several caps.

Ras has decent pedigree but is coming over after a long season to a new continent and to be played more often at 12 rather than 13 where he was.

Burleigh has 1 more season left and is the best of the bunch

5 centres is perfect with a full back (Bryce) who can play 13. A 6th centre is a tad too many though 2 can play wing in Allan and Jones. Edinburgh are short a wing at the moment which hopefully means a return for Fife or a promotion for Robbins as opposed to shoehorning Allan.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:45 am

It doesn't speak much for Scholes if Bryce is seen as a preferable bench option!

It is very unlikely that any of our back 3 will be involved in the AIs either (maybe Hoyland) so it's not as if he's going to see much gametime during the international break.

Scholes just hasn't been given a chance, which is very strange.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:50 am

Depends I guess how Scholes is doing in training. I believe he wants to play FB, I think he cited that as one of his main reasons for the move. Sadly for him Kinghorn is in form and hard to drop currently.

Hoyland & Brown are also in form so again hard to drop.

Perhaps if Hodge gets the role full time he may be open to more rotation and Scholes might get more of a look in then, but for now it's an audition for Hodge and he's clearly wanting to do his best. I think he's likely to stick with the players that are working well for him currently.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 28 Oct 2016, 11:07 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Bryce has shown nothing for Edinburgh to suggest that he's anything other than an average squad player.  Good to have these kind of players (and I'd rather these kind of players are at least SQ and not players like Strauss and Atiga) but he's not exactly someone to build the team around.

Dean had one of his best games for Edinburgh against Quins and showed that he may have a future - I'm still not convinced though and I don't think he'll ever make the step up to Scotland.  Tofilau looks like he could be an incredibly exciting player and is still very young.

Rasolea has been a disappointment so far given his SR experience but we don't have many 12s so is worth keeping next season.

I like Allan and hope we keep him - he offers a lot of pace and skill in the 13 channel and scores tries too.

Agreed. I think he's the best 13 at the club personally.

I really need to watch Jones play before commenting further on this!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by des Fri 28 Oct 2016, 11:49 am

Burleigh is class.  I've never seen him knock on, he has hands like a gecko.
Allan has been excellent so.

I also think Dean is underrated.  He seems way stronger than you'd expect given his size and seems to be involved in quite a lot of turnovers.  He's not a supremely confident player though.  He didn't back himself and passed way too early during his half break last week and just looked a bit scared and timid.  Almost the exact opposite of Du Preez from 2 seasons ago when he didn't trust anyone but himself.  He was probably right 90% of the time.

des

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:30 pm

Well, Edinburgh are going well by the sounds of it Rolling Eyes 0-9 at half time. Losing to Zebre. At home.

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:54 pm

Embarrassing scoreline coming from Murrayfield

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:09 pm

Edinburgh have taken the lead!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:12 pm

Thank feck for that.

Utter embarrassment if we lose this.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:19 pm

So Zebre just scored a try picard

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:21 pm

We lost - utterly pathetic

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:22 pm

Final score 14-19, and the momentum we'd built up comes to a shuddering halt. Lets just take a moment to appreciate how unacceptable that result is

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:42 pm

Zebre's first win of the season - and probably one of their few wins this season - and their first ever win in Scotland.

Pathetic.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:42 pm

I almost feel guilty doing this....

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:48 pm

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 14 S0634

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:49 pm

Well that is terrible. Glad i didn't bother going tonight.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:58 pm

In a way I am think it is a good thing. I don't think Hodge is the coach to take Edinburgh forward. Maybe this might make the SRU realise that.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next