The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

+37
sensisball
demosthenes
LondonTiger
TJ
Artful_Dodger
nickj
yappysnap
lostinwales
des
Nematode
reallybored
bsando
Prothero
HongKongCherry
Hazel Sapling
RossAnderson
BigGee
Senlac
MacKnocked-on
R!skysports
NeilyBroon
jimbopip
Majestic83
TheMildlyFranticLlama
GLove39
Tattie Scones RRN
EST
Eejit
tigertattie
funnyExiledScot
IanBru
cakeordeath
EWT Spoons
George Carlin
RDW
A Simply Mesmeric Try
41 posters

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 17 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Thu 25 Aug 2016, 4:25 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 17 Jessie10          Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 17 Glasgo10
Edinburgh & Glasgow Warriors

A Not So Brief History of Time-Wasting   (click to show/hide):

Guinness Pro12

Edinburgh - Fixtures & Results   (click to show/hide):

Youtube playlist of all of Edinburgh's Pro12 action here.

Glasgow Warriors - Fixtures & Results   (click to show/hide):

Youtube playlist of all of Glasgow's Pro12 action here.

Europe

Champions Cup - Glasgow Warriors   (click to show/hide):

Challenge Cup - Edinburgh   (click to show/hide):

1872 Cup

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 17 Trophy

Champions                Runner up
Edinburgh                  Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 17 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRwKYyik1ZsD3_NYcbnfefbOA7hTaw1Oo_88AYpdNDsajawQmV  Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 17 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnVncYalRPIL7Z-Ia2Em4LrCX8uZulmt1PKHCS4z5p5kPxIEYs

1872 Cup - Past Results   (click to show/hide):

The season has commenced

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 17 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 17 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 17 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 17 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 17 1347041234

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 4:23 pm; edited 40 times in total (Reason for editing : Added links to YouTube playlists of Pro12 highlights)
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 17 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by RDW Mon 14 Nov 2016, 10:17 am

If Hardie is moving on I would be surprised if Watson left, especially now that he's starting to work his way into the Scotland setup. It is much easier not to pick someone if they are out of sight down south somewhere (Watson just needs to ask Matt Scott).

If Hardie stays, which I think unlikely, then a move down South would be very appealing for Watson I'm sure.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 17 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 14 Nov 2016, 10:22 am

Don't forget Matty Smith and Blake. There are plenty of 7s to shift about. Smith should be blooded at LS first though.

Watson's salary demands won't exceed what Hardie must be on now. Hardie may end up in the Lion's squad and should allowed to move on if a big money offer comes in. He will always be gone in November and during the 6 nations anyway. Watson becomes first choice, Blake can be moved over to be second and Ritchie covers as emergency. It is not like Edinburgh are going to attract many big names and Manu/Helu could be off the wage bill as well.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 14 Nov 2016, 10:24 am

I think that would be the best option for Edinburgh - Hardie moves on freeing up money and Watson becomes first choice with Blake/Ritchie as backup and Matt Smith as the young gun coming through.

If Blake ever comes back...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 14 Nov 2016, 10:34 am

I'd really like Blake to come back. Reminds me of Ross Rennie.

What about Chris Fusaro, or has he transcended World Class status to such an extent at Glasgow that it is no longer fair on other players that he play??

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 14 Nov 2016, 10:34 am

No to Fusaro - he's always injured and is even smaller than Hamish Watson!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 14 Nov 2016, 10:42 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:If Hardie is moving on I would be surprised if Watson left, especially now that he's starting to work his way into the Scotland setup.  It is much easier not to pick someone if they are out of sight down south somewhere (Watson just needs to ask Matt Scott).

If Hardie stays, which I think unlikely, then a move down South would be very appealing for Watson I'm sure.

I agree it would be good for Watson for his Scotland credentials to be playing each week for Edinburgh, but if Quins (for example) come in with an offer too good for him to turn down, I wouldn't be surprised if he went. It would be a blow to lose both, but given Rugby is a short career he may feel he needs to earn as much as he can before his playing days come to an end.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 14 Nov 2016, 10:45 am

Jack Clifford as at Quins too remember - Watson might not be first choice if he moved there.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 14 Nov 2016, 2:13 pm

Random post (but aren't most of em?)

Can anyone else get on this forum on their mobile?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 14 Nov 2016, 2:17 pm

Yes.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 14 Nov 2016, 2:28 pm

mine doesn't work anymore. When I click on "log in" it just keeps going back to the same screen
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 14 Nov 2016, 2:54 pm

Mine works, and my mobile is like something from 1980s Wall Street.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 14 Nov 2016, 4:19 pm

dunno what it is! It's annoying coz I don't watch rugby with a laptop! Always used to be able to log in on the phone over the weekend but now its just goosed. Tried re-setting my password and everything Sad
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 14 Nov 2016, 4:43 pm

Mine works, though I find the Mobile version not eay to use (Go to classic myself) - might be because I am old

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Mon 14 Nov 2016, 7:06 pm

Mine does that on my phone too tigertattie, both on the mobile site and the classic one. Most irksome

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 15 Nov 2016, 9:32 am

so it's not just me then!

if only we knew someone with a green shiny badge that could look into the problem for us..............
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 15 Nov 2016, 9:49 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Mine works, and my mobile is like something from 1980s Wall Street.
Your laptop camera is on:

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 17 Fes10
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 15 Nov 2016, 10:04 am

tigertattie wrote:so it's not just me then!

if only we knew someone with a green shiny badge that could look into the problem for us..............

Given that it only happens to a few people it sounds like a problem from your end as opposed to ours...

So basically you can't login on your phone?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Tue 15 Nov 2016, 10:28 am

Yep, you put your login details in and it returns you to the homepage, but without actually logging you in

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 15 Nov 2016, 10:32 am

I'll raise it with the other Admins and see i they have come across it before

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 15 Nov 2016, 10:43 am

What phones, browsers and operating systems are you using?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 15 Nov 2016, 11:14 am

I'm on an iphone 6 with whatever the latest version of software is on said phone!

I also use two tin cans and piece of sting to communicate
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 15 Nov 2016, 11:16 am

I take it you use Safari for internetting?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 15 Nov 2016, 11:33 am

Glasgow have signed an aussie winger called Ratu Tagive according to twitter.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 15 Nov 2016, 11:34 am

Glasgow Website wrote:Glasgow Warriors have signed Australian-born winger Ratu Tagive on a one-year deal.

Ratu has arrived from Sydney where he has been playing in the Shute Shield club rugby competition for Eastern Suburbs.

The winger had previously spent time with the ACT Brumbies and gained invaluable experience as part of their Super Rugby squad. The 23-year old’s roots are in Rugby League having spent time at NRL teams the Bulldogs and West Tigers.

He then moved to Canberra to study a bachelor of psychology with a major in nutrition at the University of Canberra where he took up 15-a-side rugby and quickly got recognised by local clubs and then the Brumbies. He then went on to train with the Australia sevens squad.

Standing at 6ft 3in and weighing in at over 100kg, Ratu used his size and pace to score seven tries in ten appearances for Eastern Suburbs last season.  

Speaking exclusively to glasgowwarriors.org, Ratu spoke of his excitement of coming to Scotstoun. He said: “There is so much to be excited about, especially seeing how well the team has started the season.

“My roots are in Rugby League but I’ve spent a year at the Brumbies learning how to play Union, surrounded by Wallabies and fantastic players and I’m really grateful to everyone there for everything they’ve done for me.

“Taqele Naiyaravoro is a really good mate of mine, we were together at the West Tigers. He was nice enough to give me a call last week and give me a bit of advice on what to expect.

“He only had good things to say about his experience at Glasgow and that was really reassuring.

“One thing I’ve noticed about watching Glasgow Warriors is their play is a lot more expansive than I anticipated, so it’s really exciting and I can’t wait to get started.”

Glasgow Warriors head coach Gregor Townsend said: “Ratu is quick and powerful and arrives at a good time with Leonardo (Sarto) out for a few months through injury.

“He has played at a good level in Australia and has shown that he has the ability to score tries and will help provide competition for places on the wing.  

“I’m sure that he will develop within our environment and it won’t take him long to look to get to grips with the style of rugby we play.”

Last edited by EWT Spoons on Tue 15 Nov 2016, 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Two players with the same name.)

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Tue 15 Nov 2016, 11:53 am

Bad news about Sarto. I hope to see Glasgow giving time to Hughes, Junior and Jones. Hopefully he is good enough to cover during the 6 nations when Hughes and Seymour are away.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 15 Nov 2016, 12:13 pm

tigertattie wrote:I'm on an iphone 6 with whatever the latest version of software is on said phone!

I also use two tin cans and piece of sting to communicate

See below from Hero

Hero wrote:Iphone users as a general rule of thumb are good at updating to the latest version of ios so it's probably 10. Nothing mentioned as far as I can see on Forumotion though.
Might be worthwhile asking them to try clearing their browser history in Safari or try Chrome?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 15 Nov 2016, 12:22 pm

I shall try this!

Stay tuned
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 15 Nov 2016, 12:23 pm

It works fine for Chrome (although I am on Android) so that might be your best bet

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Tue 15 Nov 2016, 12:23 pm

What are you implying about our browser histories young man?!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 15 Nov 2016, 12:25 pm

I was implying nothing, but you immediately jumping on the defensive makes you look pretty guilty to me! Smile

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Tue 15 Nov 2016, 12:25 pm

Having said that, I cleared mine and its now working Doh

Thanks oh powerful one, much appreciated!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 15 Nov 2016, 12:32 pm

Oranges: Clearing my internet history has allowed me to log in successfully again.

Lemons: I've lost all my passwords for all my porn sites! I mean my highly educative world affairs and science sites...........
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 15 Nov 2016, 12:34 pm

Laugh

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Tue 15 Nov 2016, 12:38 pm

there has to be a joke in there somewhere about tattie not seeing any more oranges on the internet for a while....

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 15 Nov 2016, 1:58 pm

George Carlin wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Mine works, and my mobile is like something from 1980s Wall Street.
Your laptop camera is on:

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 17 Fes10

I look a lot like that....

The new Glasgow winger looks mince. Lucky they have old Sean Lamont hanging around.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 15 Nov 2016, 2:51 pm

We should give Shlong a run out against Georgia so he can then formally retire. Bless him!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 15 Nov 2016, 2:57 pm

Toonie investing in the Fijian Mentalness futures again. Just what the doctor order after watching Tim McMisser on Saturday.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 15 Nov 2016, 3:01 pm

Toonie's hobby seems to be trying out large Americans to see how mental they are. 

I don't mind in principle but I don't want to see him make a complete Naiyaravoro of Glasgow's player budget.

Last edited by George Carlin on Tue 15 Nov 2016, 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 15 Nov 2016, 3:03 pm

George Carlin wrote:Toonie's hobby seems to be trying out large Americans

Erm

Are they not the kind of websites that have been clogging up tattie's phone?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 16 Nov 2016, 9:23 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Toonie's hobby seems to be trying out large Americans

Erm

Are they not the kind of websites that have been clogging up tattie's phone?

www.roseannebarr.com
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 16 Nov 2016, 9:30 am

There is no chance in hell I am going to click that link at work!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 16 Nov 2016, 10:26 am

#CareerLimitingMove
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 16 Nov 2016, 10:32 am

well, a few points to note

1. I didn't think that website actually existed
2. It's actually a harmless website
3. Roseanne has actually lost a shed load of weight
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Wed 16 Nov 2016, 12:02 pm

The new winger sounds promising but I would like to see Junior given a chance, seems to have fallen away despite looking good on the odd occasion last season that he's had game time. Not sure if he's had any Glasgow games this season at all. Somebody on these forums reckoned his defence was probably not up to scratch but let's face it, suspect defending doesn't preclude you from playing wing for Scotland never mind Glasgow.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Wed 16 Nov 2016, 12:30 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:The new winger sounds promising but I would like to see Junior given a chance, seems to have fallen away despite looking good on the odd occasion last season that he's had game time. Not sure if he's had any Glasgow games this season at all. Somebody on these forums reckoned his defence was probably not up to scratch but let's face it, suspect defending doesn't preclude you from playing wing for Scotland never mind Glasgow.

It's a strange one, he obviously isn't favoured by Toonie. I think he has looked sharp when I have seen him play, he certainly knows his way to the try line.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 16 Nov 2016, 5:42 pm

BBC are picking up on the SRU potentially buying Huw Jones out of his Stormers contract

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38000876

There is very little factual evidence on it though given that the SRU declined to comment!

I'm sure he'd rather be at Glasgow but Glasgow really don't need another Scottish 13.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 16 Nov 2016, 5:52 pm

I think this is likely to happen. All the talk of reluctance to let him go is surely posturing and a negotiating stance.

WP/Stormers must see him as disposable now, especially as he is likely to be missing now as he will surely be in every Scotland squad for the foreseeable, for which they have to release him.

His contract is probably not actually worth that much anyway, he was hardly a star performer when he signed and SA contracts are nothing like European ones anyway. I would imagine discussions about this have been going on for some time already, if a deal has not already been done.

The more interesting question is where he would go, Glasgow or Edinburgh?

On face value Edinburgh need him more, but he, understandably, may prefer Glasgow. Would they be able to square that (he is not likely to be cheap now after last weekend) with keeping all their existing star centres. Maybe they might allow one of them to go, I am sure Dunbar or Bennett would be snapped up elsewhere if they came onto the market. It might not even be a bad thing for them developmentally.

It will be interesting how this plays out.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 16 Nov 2016, 6:13 pm

Sadly, Gee, it looks like Glasgow may be looking for a new 13. Richie V has been under the knife again (unless I misread the latest update). Which begs the question will he ever be fit again? It would be a sad day indeed if RV was lost to injury but it's beginning to look a possibility. Still, the Jones boy could fill in until Paddy Kelly steps up.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 16 Nov 2016, 7:54 pm

Two things mean that this is likely to happen:

- Stormers are more strapped than a quiet accountant in his secret S&M dungeon;
- If we don't then we will be without Huw during the 6 Nations - can't happen.

He'd slot in nicely with Dunbar at Glasgow and I'd also be interested to see him play IC.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 16 Nov 2016, 7:55 pm

He has to be released for the 6N if picked

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next