The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury to Retire

+17
3fingers
milkyboy
Rowley
Hammersmith harrier
AdamT
Derbymanc
Fernando
horizontalhero
marty2086
catchweight
smashingstormcrow
TopHat24/7
Herman Jaeger
TRUSSMAN66
hazharrison
Jermaine2015
Scott is Back
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fury to Retire - Page 2 Empty Fury to Retire

Post by Scott is Back Mon 03 Oct 2016, 1:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

According to SSN - Tyson Fury is to retire from Boxing!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Fury to Retire - Page 2 Empty Re: Fury to Retire

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:34 pm

Unlike AJ who keeps his mouth shut and gets on with boxing, the worst part of all this is it makes seeing Fury face down at the hands of him even more unlikely, not that he has the balls for it anyway.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:41 pm

Nore Staat wrote:Why would anyone want to forgive racism or homophobia - and they are totally separate from depression.   Similarly maturity or immaturity is totally separate from depression.  The people I have known with depression have been very humble and passive and considerate of others and very withdrawn rather than aggressive and egotistical and constantly communicating (tweeting).  Tyson Fury may well suffer from depression but aggression, egotism, homophobia, racism is not due to depression.  Cure the depression and you still have an aggressive, egotist, racist, homophobe.  People follow him because of his boxing, not because of anything else other than perhaps he is British.

From the BBC: "Tyson Fury revels in toying with the media. Within the space of four hours, we have seen another one of his performances.  There is confusion and controversy all around Fury as there has been ever since he came to the top of the throne by winning the world title last November. It was one of the great upsets recorded by a British boxer in the history of the heavyweight division, yet it has been clouded by what he has said and done in the aftermath.

... Fury has not built up a reservoir of goodwill with either the media or the many fans who have booked tickets, trains and hotels for the rematch and the original rematch in July, who have now twice lost their money. Will the fans trust him in the future? Will promoters trust him any more and book a hold of a stadium or arena wondering if he will ever turn up?"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/37542160

I'm afraid your experience of people with depression doesn't cover the full range by any means. Particularly with respect to 'considerate', my experience (which clearly also doesn't cover the full range) is that of people so consumed with themselves that they don't give a monkey's about anyone else. If we're throwing in bi-polar then periods of excessive attention seeking, over the top behaviour and spending, aggression are all considered key indicators of the condition.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:54 pm

milkyboy wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:Why would anyone want to forgive racism or homophobia - and they are totally separate from depression.   Similarly maturity or immaturity is totally separate from depression.  The people I have known with depression have been very humble and passive and considerate of others and very withdrawn rather than aggressive and egotistical and constantly communicating (tweeting).  Tyson Fury may well suffer from depression but aggression, egotism, homophobia, racism is not due to depression.  Cure the depression and you still have an aggressive, egotist, racist, homophobe.  People follow him because of his boxing, not because of anything else other than perhaps he is British.

From the BBC: "Tyson Fury revels in toying with the media. Within the space of four hours, we have seen another one of his performances.  There is confusion and controversy all around Fury as there has been ever since he came to the top of the throne by winning the world title last November. It was one of the great upsets recorded by a British boxer in the history of the heavyweight division, yet it has been clouded by what he has said and done in the aftermath.

... Fury has not built up a reservoir of goodwill with either the media or the many fans who have booked tickets, trains and hotels for the rematch and the original rematch in July, who have now twice lost their money. Will the fans trust him in the future? Will promoters trust him any more and book a hold of a stadium or arena wondering if he will ever turn up?"

I'm afraid your experience of people with depression doesn't cover the full range by any means. Particularly with respect to 'considerate', my experience (which clearly also doesn't cover the full range) is that of people so consumed with themselves that they don't give a monkey's about anyone else. If we're throwing in bi-polar then periods of excessive attention seeking, over the top behaviour and spending, aggression are all considered key indicators of the condition.

Tremendous highs followed by tremendous lows....

At the end of the day the heavy division needs to move on..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 04 Oct 2016, 7:18 pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/tyson-fury-boxing-champ-opens-up-about-drug-use-w443250

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 05 Oct 2016, 12:04 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

That's really more associated with manic depression. Clinical depression doesn't necessarily have the characteristics of "high highs and low lows". With depression, it's really more a constant thing. There is of course no link between one's altruistic behaviour and depression, but it goes without saying that being withdrawn is a more common symptom of depression
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 12:59 pm

The British Boxing Board of Control will decide whether to withdraw world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury's licence to fight at a meeting to be held 12th October.

BBBofC general secretary Robert Smith said cocaine use is "against the law".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/37563759

This is what they did to another self confessed depressed cokehead:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9027165.stm

Ps: I wonder how Tyson Fury's treatment is going.  When the latest postponement was given it was reported that Tyson Fury was getting immediate treatment for his condition.  I wonder if Fury's tweets give any indication of that treatment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 1:05 pm

Nore Staat wrote:The British Boxing Board of Control will decide whether to withdraw world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury's licence to fight at a meeting to be held 12th October.

BBBofC general secretary Robert Smith said cocaine use is "against the law".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/37563759

This is what they did to another self confessed depressed cokehead:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9027165.stm

Ps: I wonder how Tyson Fury's treatment is going.  When the latest postponement was given it was reported that Tyson Fury was getting immediate treatment for his condition.  I wonder if Fury's tweets give any indication of that treatment.
I'd be inclined to think Robert Smith can't wait to see the back of this f*cking oaf. All well and good becoming World HW Champion but I'm pretty sure the BBBC's stance is that it doesn't give you carte blanche to be an utter c*nt afterwards.

As for Fury's treatment, I'm sure it would be at the forefront of social media if it wasn't for the fact that Kim Kardashian is reporting that she's just single handedly tracked down these French jewel thieves and dealt with them like Liam Neeson in "Taken"

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 05 Oct 2016, 1:51 pm

kingraf wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

That's really more associated with manic depression. Clinical depression doesn't necessarily have the characteristics of "high highs and low lows". With depression, it's really more a constant thing. There is of course no link between one's altruistic behaviour and depression, but it goes without saying that being withdrawn is a more common symptom of depression

I was referring to bi-polar raf, which I presume is what truss was referring to and what fury always did a good impression of having... and now says  is what he's been diagnosed as having.  Periods of depression, periods of mania/mood elevation.

Of course we still haven't seen a medical diagnosis... But frankly, they diagnose on what they witness and what you tell them about your feelings and actions. If you went to a shrink and described your feelings and actions as fury has described them in the link haz posted, then I'm pretty sure that's what they'd diagnose... It's not like there's a blood test for it. So whilst fury isn't the most reliable source of information, I suspect his 'self diagnosis' will turn out to be the correct one.

As we can see, from the weight of posts, if it is confirmed it's not going to result in an outpouring of sympathy and understanding around here regardless!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2016, 10:46 am

Words of wisdom from Peter Fury as reported by the BBC:

BBC wrote: Peter Fury gave an insight on Sportsweek into his nephew's current state of mind.

"He has everything to live for but it seems he is on a self-destruct mission," he said. "I don't think he has got a drug addiction at all. Whatever he has taken will be a result of the depression. The titles shouldn't be held up. While Tyson is out for medical reasons, the titles should be freed up. Let people fight for them. But Tyson should be held in regard so that when he does come back to box he should be available to move straight into position to fight for those world titles. Quite clearly this young man has got some mental issues and I ask the world to give this plenty of consideration. Other famous people have had these kind of problems and bounced back."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/37599873

I can fully support that position.

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Mon 10 Oct 2016, 9:36 am

hazharrison wrote:http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/tyson-fury-boxing-champ-opens-up-about-drug-use-w443250

I do find him saying that the discrimination he receives for being a gypsy is a little rich when he is happy to discuss his views on gay people.

Discrimination is discrimination, you would expect him to show a little empathy as someone who has gone through it himself.

I have a friend (hard to believe I know!) that is of Indian heritage. He has been through a lot of racism in his life however it has twisted his views slightly now. Many times we have been in a pub and if someone even glances in his direction he feels they are being racist, wonder if this is similar with Fury. Obviously this is more in person that on Twitter which is a horrendous thing to use if you don't want to be given stick. Ghandi would have been called all sorts on there as it attracts those sort of morons.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2016, 9:46 am

I too have a friend who is Indian. perhaps one of the finest most genuinely nice people I know. A few years back I was out with him in a METAL pub one evening when a lad I know who is an out and out racist (and I've thumped him in the past) looked at my mate and said to me, "What's that p*ki doing in here?"

We both did comedy double takes, hands over eyes like sailors looking for land, turning this way and that "Saying "P*kis, we see no p*kis sir, perhaps you are mistaken!" This idiot points at my mate and says "No, this p*ki here" At this point my mate, who's about 5'8" brushes past me, squares up to this guy, points at his own face and says "I am Indian NOT Pakistani, if you can't see that then you need glasses, or you are just a f*cking ignorant c*nt...which is it?"

I then tell him he'd be advised to apologise and then f*ck off elsewhere, he did and my mate was warmly welcomed into the METAL fold.

Some people seek to find offense at every possible turn, others like my mate, deal with it and move on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:04 am

Tyson Fury has given up his WBO and WBA titles for what he says is the good of boxing. He hopes to be given the chance of challenging for them again when he is better. This announcement is made on the eve of the British Boxing Board of Controls announcement of their decision whether or not to withdraw his license to box:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/37634849

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 13 Oct 2016, 7:46 am

DAVE667 wrote:I too have a friend who is Indian. perhaps one of the finest most genuinely nice people I know. A few years back I was out with him in a METAL pub one evening when a lad I know who is an out and out racist (and I've thumped him in the past) looked at my mate and said to me, "What's that p*ki doing in here?"

We both did comedy double takes, hands over eyes like sailors looking for land, turning this way and that "Saying "P*kis, we see no p*kis sir, perhaps you are mistaken!" This idiot points at my mate and says "No, this p*ki here" At this point my mate, who's about 5'8" brushes past me, squares up to this guy, points at his own face and says "I am Indian NOT Pakistani, if you can't see that then you need glasses, or you are just a f*cking ignorant c*nt...which is it?"

I then tell him he'd be advised to apologise and then f*ck off elsewhere, he did and my mate was warmly welcomed into the METAL fold.

Some people seek to find offense at every possible turn, others like my mate, deal with it and move on.
It sounds as if your friend was slightly offended.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:32 pm

Atila wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:I too have a friend who is Indian. perhaps one of the finest most genuinely nice people I know. A few years back I was out with him in a METAL pub one evening when a lad I know who is an out and out racist (and I've thumped him in the past) looked at my mate and said to me, "What's that p*ki doing in here?"

It sounds as if your friend was slightly offended.
Not really, I know him very well and he was playing up to the guy for sh!ts and giggles, we'd both been drinking and were feeling sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:51 pm

Fury now stripped of his boxing licence after vacating WBO and WBA titles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2