The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Leicester Tigers, 14 October

+43
wolfball
bedfordwelsh
Kingshu
offload
Sgt_Pooly
eirebilly
A Simply Mesmeric Try
BigGee
Manky-Flanker
stub
Mad for Chelsea
TJ
Pot Hale
cakeordeath
nathan
kingelderfield
profitius
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Artful_Dodger
jimbopip
R!skysports
LordDowlais
Ozzy3213
king_carlos
mckay1402
NeilyBroon
IanBru
bsando
nickj
mikey_dragon
SecretFly
tigertattie
beshocked
funnyExiledScot
Tattie Scones RRN
Senlac
Hazel Sapling
LondonTiger
formerly known as Sam
RDW
yappysnap
Welly
George Carlin
47 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Leicester Tigers, 14 October Empty Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Leicester Tigers, 14 October

Post by George Carlin Mon 10 Oct - 19:43

Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Leicester Tigers, 14 October Glasgo13                    Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Leicester Tigers, 14 October Leices10 
Glasgow Warriors v Leicester Tigers
Friday 14 October 2016
KO: 19:45
Scotstoun Stadium

Live on BT Sport / beIN Sports

Referee Mathieu Raynal (France)
Touch Judge 1 Salam Attalah (France)
Touch Judge 2 Thomas Dejean (France)
TMO Philippe Bonhoure (France)
Citing Commissioner Patrice Frantschi (France)

A. Head to Head

Played 2, Leicester Won 2, No Draws

B. Recent Form

20/01/2001
Leicester Tigers 41 - 26 Glasgow Warriors
EUROPEAN CUP

15/10/2000
Glasgow Warriors 21 - 33 Leicester Tigers
EUROPEAN CUP

C. Teams

Glasgow Warriors 
Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Leicester Tigers, 14 October Glasgo11
Stuart Hogg, Leonardo Sarto, Alex Dunbar, Sam Johnson, Rory Hughes, Finn Russell, Henry Pyrgos,Gordon Reid, Fraser Brown, Zander Fagerson, Tim Swinson, Jonny Gray, Rob Harley, Ryan Wilson, Josh Strauss.

Replacements: Pat MacArthur, Alex Allan, Sila Puafisi, Matt Fagerson, Lewis Wynne, Ali Price, Mark Bennett, Sean Lamont.

Leicester Tigers
Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Leicester Tigers, 14 October Tiger10
Telusa Veainu, Adam Thompstone, Mathew Tait, Matt Toomua, Tom Brady, Owen Williams, Ben Youngs, Ellis Genge, Tom Youngs, Dan Cole, Dom Barrow, Graham Kitchener, Mike Fitzgerald, Brendon O'Connor, Lachlan McCaffrey.

Replacements: Harry Thacker, Logovi'i Mulipola, Greg Bateman, Ed Slater, Will Evans, Sam Harrison, Freddie Burns, Peter Betham.

Last edited by George Carlin on Fri 14 Oct - 14:03; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Leicester Tigers, 14 October Empty Re: Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Leicester Tigers, 14 October

Post by Welly Mon 10 Oct - 19:56

Tigers have quite a few players who are 50/50 ATM.

Hoping Williams, O'Connor, McCaffrey, JPP, Burns, Toomua are all good to go.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Leicester Tigers, 14 October Empty Re: Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Leicester Tigers, 14 October

Post by yappysnap Mon 10 Oct - 20:30

I think both teams will win their home games here. Wouldn't surprise me if Tigers rotated their team slightly to rest some players.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 10 Oct - 20:32

Absolute must win game for Glasgow if they have any hopes of qualifying for the QF this year, finally!

Glasgow probably need to win at home against both Leicester and Munster and pick one of them off away from home too, then whatever they can get against Racing will decide if they qualify.

A really tough task!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Mon 10 Oct - 21:48

Hopefully it is more similar to the 90-19 score line from a Tigers POV.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 10 Oct - 21:59

Can't see us winning this. If Glasgow can do one thing it's counter attack and our defence is truly diabolical once we lose the ball. If we can stop Glasgow getting the TBP and get ourselves a LBP I'll be happy.

Tigers rotated our some names in the last couple of weeks sowe should be fairly fresh for Europe other than the doubts to the backrow where we at least have some cover. Hopefully Slater and JPP will be fit to return though Slater might take another week as Glasgow have a fake pitch.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 11 Oct - 5:29

I really hope that these European brainfarts, which are now an annual Glaswegian tradition, stop this year. Toonie will be desperate to do this on his last season in charge and will regard anything less than the quarters as a terrible disappointment.

Tiggers fans will want to know that we have been hit heavily by injuries at lock and loose forward level and so there is a real concern that we won't get enough possession. Getting Simone Favaro back will be a huge plus and for all that we make fun of his relatively fun-sized stature, Tim Swinson coming back is huge for us.

Other concerns have to be our tendency to regard the driving maul defence in the same way that Superman regards a kryptonite sandwich and our tendency to start slowly.

On the plus side, if Pyrgos plays then our backline is as good as anything in the league and Sarto, Hogg and Seymour look absolutely deadly. Tigers fans should not that a couple of games into the season; Tommy Seymour has almost scored as many tries as anyone else did all of last season.

And this new artificial pitch really works for us.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 11 Oct - 9:00

Looking forward to my first visit to Scotstoun, even if the tickets are in a godawful position, but do not expect us to get anything from the game.

I suspect we will see Cockers and Mauger select the strongest available team, but with injury doubts (or worse) over Slater, Williams, McCaffery, O'Connor, JPP, Toomua, Manu nd Veainu we could be missing half of our first choice starters.

I hope some of the players watched the tapes at just how hard Will Evans was working off the ball to get into the correct positions. This has been an area we have been really poor at this season.

Overall I expect Tigers to have more possession but to lose heavily as Glasgow run in five tries, four of which will be from turnovers.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 11 Oct - 9:54

LondonTiger wrote:Looking forward to my first visit to Scotstoun, even if the tickets are in a godawful position, but do not expect us to get anything from the game.

I suspect we will see Cockers and Mauger select the strongest available team, but with injury doubts (or worse) over Slater, Williams, McCaffery, O'Connor, JPP, Toomua, Manu nd Veainu we could be missing half of our first choice starters.

I hope some of the players watched the tapes at just how hard Will Evans was working off the ball to get into the correct positions. This has been an area we have been really poor at this season.

Overall I expect Tigers to have more possession but to lose heavily as Glasgow run in five tries, four of which will be from turnovers.

One of the main reasons Glasgow has struggled in Europe over the years is that they don't do well against big, physical packs, and English and French teams generally have big physical packs!

I know Leicester are developing a more adventurous gameplan but they still have a meaty pack - I wouldn't count on Glasgow running away with it. They can't score tries if they don't have the ball!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 11 Oct - 10:01

You can guarantee we will lose the ball in contact at least five times in the game - and any good counterattacking side will thrive against our defence that tends to be slow to react to turnover.

I guess we need to put in the sort of gameplan we used at Thomond last season

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 11 Oct - 10:32

Glasgow mullered Bath and they had a meaty pack.

As LT says our defence is pretty dire on turnover or kick chase. Any coherent attack should be able to grab some tries against us. I think the injuries may help us a little, if Evans and Smith come into the side we'll see a lot of hunger and work rate from those local lads and away from home that might be a helpful factor. Hopefully Thacker will retain his place on the bench as we might need a something from nothing moment or one of his wonder lineouts to get something from this game late on.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Tue 11 Oct - 10:51

What sort of team are Leicester fans expecting at this point or are there too many touch and go injuries to know enough?

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 11 Oct - 10:58

If everyone is fit the something like;

Ayerza, Youngs, Cole
Fitzgerald, Kitchener 
Williams, McCaffery, O'Connor
Youngs, Williams
Tait, Betham
Thompstone, TV, JPP

Slater I imagine will be rested even if fit given he has knee issues on plastic pitches. I'd prefer Smith at 12 which may well happen as both TV and JPP are injury doubts which would see Tait at 15 and Brady on the wing. Bench should be strong with Genge, Mulipola, Barrow and Evans available. There are injury doubts over the entire backrow though so it's entirely possible that there are changes there.

As an out there option we could see Burns at 15 with Tigers looking to utilise two tactical kickers to pin Glasgow back in their half.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Senlac Tue 11 Oct - 11:11

Glasgow should have a decent starting XV, but the drop in quality on the bench will be worrying.

I'd expect to see something like:

15. Hogg
14. Sarto
13. Bennett
12. Dunbar
11. Seymour
10. Russell
9. Pyrgos
1. Reid
2. Brown
3. Puafisi
4. Swinson
5. Gray
6. Harley
7. Favaro
8. Strauss

Replacements: 16. Allen 17. Flynn 18. Fagerson 19. Wilson 20. Fagerson 21. Price 22. Grigg 23. Jones

Replacements are tough to call. Could be McArthur over Flynn, Uanivi over Fagerson (if fit), Johnson over Grigg or Jones, or Lamont/Hughes over Jones.

In any case though, it's hardly an impact bench.
Senlac
Senlac

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Tue 11 Oct - 11:18

formerly known as Sam wrote:If everyone is fit the something like;

Ayerza, Youngs, Cole
Fitzgerald, Kitchener 
Youngs, Williams
Tait, Betham
Thompstone, TV, JPP

Slater I imagine will be rested even if fit given he has knee issues on plastic pitches. I'd prefer Smith at 12 which may well happen as both TV and JPP are injury doubts which would see Tait at 15 and Brady on the wing. Bench should be strong with Genge, Mulipola, Barrow and Evans available. There are injury doubts over the entire backrow though so it's entirely possible that there are changes there.

As an out there option we could see Burns at 15 with Tigers looking to utilise two tactical kickers to pin Glasgow back in their half.

They'll have to be deadly accurate. You don't want to be kicking the ball to Hogg an Seymour.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 11 Oct - 11:35

Senlac wrote:Glasgow should have a decent starting XV, but the drop in quality on the bench will be worrying.

I'd expect to see something like:

15.  Hogg
14.  Sarto
13.  Bennett
12.  Dunbar
11.  Seymour
10.  Russell
9.    Pyrgos
1.    Reid
2.    Brown
3.    Puafisi
4.    Swinson
5.    Gray
6.    Harley
7.    Favaro
8.    Strauss

Replacements:  16. Allen  17. Flynn  18. Fagerson  19. Wilson  20. Fagerson  21. Price  22. Grigg  23. Jones

Replacements are tough to call.  Could be McArthur over Flynn, Uanivi over Fagerson (if fit), Johnson over Grigg or Jones, or Lamont/Hughes over Jones.

In any case though, it's hardly an impact bench.
Yes, the starting 15 will be very competitive but the bench is a worry. Good job that our fitness is good.

God, I miss Leone Nakarawa already. And the games haven't even started yet.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 11 Oct - 12:19

Mike Williams def out Toomua is looking like a possibility though.

Guessing Tigers team of
1) Ayerza
2) Youngs
3) Cole
4) Barrow
5) Kitchener
6) Fitzgerald
7) O'Connor/Evans
8) McCaffrey/Hamilton
9) Youngs
10) Williams
11) JPP/Brady
12) Tait
13) Betham
14) Thompstone
15) Veainu

16) Thacker/McGuigan
17) Genge
18) Mulipola
19) Hamilton/Wells
20) Evans/Thacker
21) Harrison/Kitto
22) Toomua/Harrison
23) Toomua/Smith

With
JPP
O'Coonor
McCaffrey
Toomua
Maybes

And not including Burns or Slater as I don't think either where warming up last weekend.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 11 Oct - 13:44

Ah, I do love the Autumn. Golden leaves fall to the ground, the smell of log fires in the air.....and Glasgow choking in Europe.

I think Leicester will edge this, but there should be a LBP in it for the Weegies.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 11 Oct - 14:37

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:If everyone is fit the something like;

Ayerza, Youngs, Cole
Fitzgerald, Kitchener 
Youngs, Williams
Tait, Betham
Thompstone, TV, JPP

They'll have to be deadly accurate. You don't want to be kicking the ball to Hogg an Seymour.

I'm sure your back three will have a field day on the kick return. Our defence has been shoddy at nest this season. Kick chase and turnover normally mean there are substantial holes to run through. Hence why all the Tigers fans expect us to lose this weekend.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Tue 11 Oct - 15:32

This is way too friendly.

Judging from what has been said about Leicester and looking at that midfield, bad kicking can be punished. If both back rows are not 100% fit there should be some good turnover ball (sloppy carrying, late at breakdowns) and our back 3 is deadly. Not sure if I want it to rain or not.

The one thing I fear from that Leicester line up is the front 5. Glasgow lack an international level front row, all are good club players. I do not rate Betham that highly but Tait is a classy player. If JPP is healthy, is it more likely he shifts to 13 (where he played for the Sharks) and Betham to 12 to keep Tait on the wing?

Mike Williams is also out for Leicester after being touted for England (no idea who he is, following bbc article). 3rd time breaking an arm in 12 months. In the warm-up. Sounds like Grant Gilchrist

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 11 Oct - 16:00

Mike Williams is a unit of a blindside that has a big engine and likes to hit things. Been a good player for us.

Tait has no pace left. Footwork remains but is playing 12 now because he's too slow to play anywhere else (hence TV at 15 despite the fact he cant kick). Betham will remain at 13 unit Manu is fit.

Tigers have been beset by knock ons in contact. We're excellent in that regard.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 11 Oct - 16:24

I think Williams and Youngs tactical kicking game is prob the best at Leicester and together are prob less likely to aimlessly kick the ball to the likes of Hogg and Seymour (V Sale we did alright in that department).

Tait is doing alright @ 12, he played alot of the attacking rugby @ Tigers @ 10/12 even with 15 on his back.

JPP IF fit will def be on the wing been great there and Betham is a known 13 for Tigers.

I do long to see Logo and Genge coming on together against a team with 50 mins to play.

Really excited about Tigers V Glasgow though, been an age since we last played each.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 11 Oct - 20:19

Logo, Thacker and Genge would be great to see off the bench. So much carrying opportunity with those three. Even with our backrow injury concerns we should have some impact available on the bench which could cause some headaches for Glasgow. We just have to be within touching distance at that point.

Tait has some nice skills from his sevens days and his passing and kicking game are generally underrated. His footwork is still sharp it's just a shame that his pace has faded to nought. His outside breaks are just an invitation for the opposition to attempt a turnover. I wonder if we'll see Worth come into the squad if back three injuries are mounting up, there's a young player with a future and a very nice range of skills.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 12 Oct - 10:19

Should make for a fascinating contest. Especially as I think Tigers have lost a bit of their pragmatism of old and in recent years have adopted a looser approach to rugby, sometimes it seems as if the ball is a bar of soap in their hands. The Aaron Mauger school of thought doesn’t seem to have quite gelled yet with the Leicester mentality of hard forward play.
I think to win this game, Leicester will need to go back to old school Leicester tactics though I am not sure if Leicester will resort to a pragmatic approach.
18 tries scored, 16 tries conceded but 4th in the AP tells you quite a bit about Leicester this season.
Glasgow on the other hand will be pleased to see a less restrictive Leicester. Especially as it looks like a strong backline you’ll be putting out.
If you are a neutral like myself this certainly could be a very interesting game to watch.
Perhaps clichéd but I see it as who can be most influential Tigers forwards including the bench or Glasgows backs.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 12 Oct - 11:35

George Carlin wrote: Tim Swinson coming back is huge for us.

That must be the first time that Tim Swinson and the word "Huge" have been used int he same sentence!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 12 Oct - 14:54

tigertattie wrote:
George Carlin wrote: Tim Swinson coming back is huge for us.

That must be the first time that Tim Swinson and the word "Huge" have been used int he same sentence!
...where it was not immediately followed by the word "disappointment".
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 12 Oct - 15:51

Be interesting to see how the better Gray brother plays. Lock is a position of strength for Tigers and I'll be very impressed if he dominates when partnered by Swinson.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 12 Oct - 16:16

That Gingers v the Pu**ies?

Who the hell is promoting this one, Trump?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 12 Oct - 16:24

As derided as Swinson is, he has got a couple dozen caps now. He is too small for international play but he is a good club player. Been dynamic at the start of this season and carrying better than Gray. I would hope they would outplay the Leicester pairing.

I expect the scrum to be a struggle though...

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Wed 12 Oct - 16:34

All Leicester need to do is watch the Bath game at the Rec last year. Glasgow's pack just isn't big, strong or good enough at HC level and until this is sorted, they'll never progress past the group stages unfortunately.

Their backs are a match for anyone in Europe, but it means sod all if your pack is getting shunted all round the pitch.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 12 Oct - 16:47

Hazel Sapling wrote:As derided as Swinson is, he has got a couple dozen caps now. He is too small for international play but he is a good club player. Been dynamic at the start of this season and carrying better than Gray. I would hope they would outplay the Leicester pairing.

I'd back all of our locks over Swinson. Gray on the other hand is a very good player.

Our scrum hasn't been reliable or at its most destructive so far this season. Ayerza has struggled for form and has looked like he's finally feeling his age. We have only one tighthead fit for the majority of the campaign so far with a hooker filling in. Hopefully we'll look stronger at the weekend with Mulipola back and Cole rested.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 13 Oct - 9:57

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:As derided as Swinson is, he has got a couple dozen caps now. He is too small for international play but he is a good club player. Been dynamic at the start of this season and carrying better than Gray. I would hope they would outplay the Leicester pairing.

I'd back all of our locks over Swinson. Gray on the other hand is a very good player.

And I'd back AWJ over all three as well as Gray.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 13 Oct - 10:08

mikey_dragon wrote:

You have entered a random thread about 2 teams completely unrelated to all bar 1 welsh player that I can think of to bring up a lock who has nothing to do with the conversation at hand. Why? What is the point? Is this like that Family Guy episode where the bird is the word or are you a knights of nee equivalent?

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 13 Oct - 10:26

Hazel Sapling wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

You have entered a random thread about 2 teams completely unrelated to all bar 1 welsh player that I can think of to bring up a lock who has nothing to do with the conversation at hand. Why? What is the point? Is this like that Family Guy episode where the bird is the word or are you a knights of nee equivalent?

Scots still getting on edge when they simply read 'AWJ' really confuses me. It was a discussion regarding locks and I gave my opinion - I'm entitled to do so. If you can't handle a different perspective then a discussion forum really isn't the place for you.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 13 Oct - 10:35

mikey_dragon wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Scots still getting on edge when they simply read 'AWJ' really confuses me. It was a discussion regarding locks and I gave my opinion - I'm entitled to do so. If you can't handle a different perspective then a discussion forum really isn't the place for you.

It was debate over an area of strength for two teams playing each other tomorrow night. It wasn't a Lions discussion so AWJ has no basis whatsoever. Why don't you just chime in with Brodie Retallick. Get the random chat going SH.

Please keep on topic. The topic is Glasgow vs Leicester.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 13 Oct - 10:37

Just a personal opinion but I reckon Tim Swinson will have a much bigger impact on this game than AWJ

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 13 Oct - 10:47

mikey_dragon wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

It was debate over an area of strength for two teams playing each other tomorrow night. It wasn't a Lions discussion so AWJ has no basis whatsoever. Why don't you just chime in with Brodie Retallick. Get the random chat going SH.

Please keep on topic. The topic is Glasgow vs Leicester.

Yet this part of the discussion was lock forwards, and AWJ is the best.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 13 Oct - 10:47

LondonTiger wrote:Just a personal opinion but I reckon Tim Swinson will have a much bigger impact on this game than AWJ

Lee Jones is going to have a bigger impact on this game than AWJ!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 13 Oct - 10:56

RDW_Scotland wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:Just a personal opinion but I reckon Tim Swinson will have a much bigger impact on this game than AWJ

Lee Jones is going to have a bigger impact on this game than AWJ!

Heck Tom Jones may have a bigger impact.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 13 Oct - 12:06

Tigers:

Veainu, Thompstone, Tait, Toomua, Brady, Williams, Youngs, McCaffery, O'Cnnor, Fitzgerald, Barrow, Kitchener, Cole, Youngs, Genge

Thacker, Mulipola, Bateman, Slater, Evans, Harrison, Burns, Betham.

So Toomua starts, Betham benched and Ayerza not fit.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 13 Oct - 12:09

Glasgow Warriors team to play Leicester in the European Rugby Champions Cup at Scotstoun Stadium, Friday 14 October (kick-off 7.45pm) – live on BT Sport 2 and follow all the action on Twitter @GlasgowWarriors. (Glasgow Warriors caps and European caps in brackets):
15. Stuart Hogg (87) (24)
14. Leonardo Sarto (5) (14)
13. Alex Dunbar (86) (18)
12. Sam Johnson (14) (3)
11. Rory Hughes (19) (0)
10. Finn Russell (50) (12)
9. Henry Pyrgos (109) (21) CO-CAPTAIN

1. Gordon Reid (99) (15)
2. Fraser Brown (51) (7)
3. Zander Fagerson (38) (6)
4. Tim Swinson (80) (36)
5. Jonny Gray (60) (14) CO-CAPTAIN
6. Rob Harley (142) (26)
7. Ryan Wilson (115) (24)
8. Josh Strauss (93) (17)

Replacements

16. Pat MacArthur (138) (31)
17. Alex Allan (30) (7)
18. Sila Puafisi (26) (14)
19. Matt Fagerson (3) (0)
20. Lewis Wynne (6) (0)
21. Ali Price (26) (3)
22. Mark Bennett (53) (8)
23. Sean Lamont (101) (56)

Not available due to injury: Adam Ashe (hip / foot), Rory Clegg (shoulder), Scott Cummings (shoulder), Simone Favaro (shoulder), Corey Flynn (hamstring), Chris Fusaro (knees), Ryan Grant (back), Peter Horne (hand), Lee Jones (knee), Greg Peterson (shoulder), Tommy Seymour (back), Tjiuee Uanivi (shoulder) and Richie Vernon (shoulder).

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 13 Oct - 12:11

Big blow for Glasgow that Tommy Seymour is injured - he's been on red hot form this season

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 13 Oct - 12:13

How is Fagerson shaping up? Thought his appearance against England was too early as he looked rather callow, but he will be much more experienced now.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu 13 Oct - 12:18

Pretty happy with Tigers team
2 things
I guess Ayerza is being rested and not used on the 3G pitch also think Bateman is just as likely to come on @ 2 with Thacker looked at for additional back row cover
Betham I think has more to do with the weather forecast.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 13 Oct - 12:32

Ayerza is a loss. Not sure about Tait at 13. I'd predict that maybe there will be some late fitness tests tomorrow which may alter the side. I'm thinking TV and O'Connor. 

Good to see Thacker still there as impact and the return of Burns. Lets Hope between Toomua and Tait they can organise a midfield defence.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu 13 Oct - 12:56

Actually, that Glasgow pack isn't too bad. Bennett on bench is a wee surprise but looking at the team, I'd say Glasgow should win quite comfortably.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 13 Oct - 12:59

Welly wrote: Pretty happy with Tigers team
2 things
I guess Ayerza is being rested and not used on the 3G pitch also think Bateman is just as likely to come on @ 2 with Thacker looked at for additional back row cover
Betham I think has more to do with the weather forecast.

Where Bateman comes on I would think will depend on how the scrum is going. He adds bulk there but his lineout work is not great. Thacker has limitations at the scrum (though apparently he has improved in that department) but does offer the best lineout option  at the club. It's been noticeable early doors that the throws to the tail and the old funny throw straight over the end of the lineout on to a big runner have vanished without Thacker throwing in. We had some nice moves last season that Youngs and McGuigan just don't seem comfortable making.

Evans and Thacker are unlikely to feature in the same backrow. I'd imagine Slater would be used with Evans if multiple substitutions were required.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 13 Oct - 13:12

If Thacker throws good darts, why not just have him throw in at the lineout whilst playing at backrow? No rule says the hooker has to do they?

As for that Glasgow team, I am surprised to see Bennett dropped. Shame about Seymour and the amount of injuries we have are piling up. Not confident with no real lock or flyhalf cover. We miss Horne and need 1 of the 3 injured locks back soon. 2 academy back row players covering the back 5 is risky when 2 starters are just back from injury. Somehow we have bigger backs (I think, barring the 10 spot, Glasgow is larger man to man especially in the centres) and expect them to test Toomua/Tait early and often.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu 13 Oct - 13:59

Glasgow by 20.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 13 Oct - 14:01

Welly wrote: Glasgow by 20.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next