The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

+23
mikeygnfl
GSC
Pr4wn
Good Golly I'm Olly
JDizzle
crazy_dave23
Marky
No name Bertie
Breadvan
Duty281
BamBam
CJB
rugbybanter
TightHEAD
dummy_half
Forward Pass
gazzyD
Fernando
Nathaniel Jacobs
twelve283
aucklandlaurie
TM Moot
westisbest
27 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 9 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 08 Jan 2017, 8:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Pr4wn wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Love this Texans D. They're amazing without Watt. Scary.

Amazing is a bit far - they're pretty good, nothing special.

Number one D in the NFL without their best player.

They're one of about 8 teams to hold that tag - and lets face it it's measured in yards...in points the #1 D was the Pats.

No great defences out there this year, just a lot of pretty good ones. If they had Watt, maybe they'd be great...but they don't
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 9 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by skins4ever Sun 01 Oct 2017, 9:46 pm

Anyone see that TD catch from Darby. Something special.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 9 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 02 Oct 2017, 1:04 am

Think I love Larry Fitz the most of any NFL player not on the Pats

What an unbelievable player
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 02 Oct 2017, 6:45 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Think I love Larry Fitz the most of any NFL player not on the Pats

What an unbelievable player

The Dan Marino of receivers, future HOFer likely doomed to have played in a SB but never won one.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue 03 Oct 2017, 8:43 am

So the Redskins appear to be improving and are seeing encouraging progress from their younger players but a tendency to commit too many mistakes is going to see them stuck in mediocre middle of the NFL for another season... 8-8 awaits.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue 03 Oct 2017, 8:44 am

Must admit though, if they do make it to 8-8 then that's better than I thought they would before the season.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 03 Oct 2017, 8:45 am

Win, everybody else in the division loses, decent week
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Oct 2017, 8:53 am

Skins defence looks actually half decent for the first time in forever
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 03 Oct 2017, 11:45 am

Manusky has made a big difference to the DL, but I wonder if we were out schemed last night. Smith got out of the pocket too many times and extended plays that should have been sacks.

And our running game still looks inconsistent. Given Cousins is getting decent time fro passing, either our run blocking looks worse than it is (though we have played 4 pretty decent run defences so far) or our RB's simply can't find the holes. It's hard to be sure from the last 2 games, but we've lost 2 games because we couldn't control the clock, and could have lost to LA for the same reason. Cousins can have the best season of any QB in ever, and it won't be worth a thing if we are beat because we lose the TOP battle.

Cousins is ranked 10th by rating and 12th by yards. While not up to his 2015 level yet, the problem is not in the passing game, especially if he can improve his rapport with Pryor.

Right now, I think 8-8 is actually pessimistic, but we can only do better than that if we fix what's wrong in the run game.

NB Norman getting a fractured rib certainly won't help us...

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 06 Oct 2017, 3:05 am

Pretty boring game so far tbh.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 06 Oct 2017, 3:23 am

Too many injuries for the Bucs on D. Even our backups are getting now.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 06 Oct 2017, 9:11 am

That was an awful game of football
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 06 Oct 2017, 9:14 am

The Bucs should really look into an upgrade at kicker, I hear the top available name is a kid named Robert Aguayo
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 06 Oct 2017, 9:15 am

Also this Pats team is the dumbest I've seen in a long time - both playcalling and penalties in situations is abysmal. How do you commit offsides on a 4th and 3 on special teams??? Just let them snap the ball before you go ffs!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 06 Oct 2017, 2:28 pm

Even worse than that was the two (!!) roughing the passer penalties at the end of the first half that gave us a shot at points. So ridiculous. That Cassius Marsh is one of the dumbest players I've seen in a long time.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 06 Oct 2017, 2:54 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Even worse than that was the two (!!) roughing the passer penalties at the end of the first half that gave us a shot at points. So ridiculous. That Cassius Marsh is one of the dumbest players I've seen in a long time.

I raged in the office watching that this morning. It was one of those games where it seemed like neither team wanted to win! We moved the ball but everytime we got ourselves in a good situation we committed a penalty or stalled in the red zone, and then everytime you got the ball Jameis missed throws and for some reason you stopped running when we really did nothing to stop you.

This Pats team isn't gonna go too far in January as things stand - OL is too porous, and the D just isn't upto it.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:00 pm

The sexism row is really affecting Cam.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:09 pm

Rivers, Eli and Big Ben all came in together - and have now shown they are all finished together. Ugly season from them, all look done
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:32 pm

Throw Carson Palmer in there, hes been horrific.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:34 pm

Its crazy to me that just 2 years ago, Palmer and the Cards beat the living **** out of the Eagles in Philly.

NFL = Not For Long
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 08 Oct 2017, 9:13 pm

So the Giants appear to have lost all of their top 3 WR's to injuries... When we thought Manning couldn't get any more shaky, we get to see him with no pass catchers... Manning will probably just throw to the opposition!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 08 Oct 2017, 9:14 pm

gah that Odell injury looked bad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 08 Oct 2017, 9:55 pm

Sounds like Ben won't be returning next year
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 09 Oct 2017, 12:38 am

Sources

Aaron Rodgers is good at football
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 09 Oct 2017, 12:39 am

crazy_dave23 wrote:So the Giants appear to have lost all of their top 3 WR's to injuries... When we thought Manning couldn't get any more shaky, we get to see him with no pass catchers... Manning will probably just throw to the opposition!

Yeah, like he's never done that before! Whistle

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 09 Oct 2017, 12:44 am

Statistically speaking, only one NFC East team has won a game in the last 2 weeks.

No, it isnt the Giants
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 09 Oct 2017, 11:14 am

GSC wrote:Statistically speaking, only one NFC East team has won a game in the last 2 weeks.

No, it isnt the Giants

It's early days yet, but the Eagles do look the best of the East. But aside from the Giants, who are in dire straits, I wouldn't pick a winner. On their day the Skins can go toe to toe, and the Cowboys while struggling on D, still have a potent O. It's still pretty open.

And that seems to be the theme across the league. Aside from the AFC West (Chiefs all but own this), there doesn't seem to be any division that isn't still wide open.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:59 pm

The Cardinals are gonna be really hard to bea....oh no it’s not 2009 anymore
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:02 pm

Yeah... nice 2009 trio of Palmer, Peterson and Fitz...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:15 pm

My initial reaction when the Saints signed him was "Why".

It hasn't changed with this trade.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 11 Oct 2017, 6:55 pm

Meanwhile in New York, the Jets have no WRs, no OL, underperforming defense, a starting CB just walked off the team and are 0-5.

Wait, thats the Giants.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Wed 11 Oct 2017, 10:15 pm

Bet the Giants wish it was 2009...

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 13 Oct 2017, 9:25 am

Decent win
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 13 Oct 2017, 9:26 am

Kuechly injury changed the game - such a shame to such a great player curtailed by concussions.

League is losing a lot to injuries this year
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 13 Oct 2017, 9:38 am

Getting Cox back for this game was just as big. This is an entirely different D with him in the middle.

Hopefully we'll have Darby ready for Washington next week as well, win that and there's daylight back to the rest of the division
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 13 Oct 2017, 10:07 am

Wentz seems to be coming along nicely - a lovely over the shoulder throw to Alshon down the boundary was pretty asf

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 13 Oct 2017, 10:13 am

It's amazing. You give a younger QB weapons and protection and he looks a lot better
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri 13 Oct 2017, 5:51 pm

I'd argue give a GOOD young QB weapons etc. There are plenty of young QB's with weapons who have floundered.

Yeah I wouldn't say next week is a must win game for the Skins yet, but if we do lose we're really aiming for a wildcard after that. Kudos to the Eagles, they've built a solid team that has prospects for the next 2-3 years.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 15 Oct 2017, 6:46 pm

The Pats Defence is words worse than awful/abysmal/shocking.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 15 Oct 2017, 8:46 pm

Aaron Rodgers... About to see how good he is, by seeing how bad we become... Sad Sad Sad

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Oct 2017, 8:53 pm

Gutted for Rodgers. That's like getting ya heart ripped out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 15 Oct 2017, 9:33 pm

The NFL has been utterly insane so far
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 15 Oct 2017, 9:43 pm

Hollow win for the Skins... 17-0 up at home against an 0-5 team and we let them hang around long enough to give them a shot at winning at the end. San Fran will be so disappointed that they didn't win.

There's been a lot of promise in a lot of what the Redskins have done this season but only once have they played well for a full 60 mins. We'll put this one down to them being thrown by the arrival mid-game of the rookie QB with no gametape and move on to the Eagles.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 15 Oct 2017, 10:09 pm

Pats defence still sucks, Pats still making boneheaded mistakes and plays

On another note - Tampa Bay are not good
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 16 Oct 2017, 12:54 am

Number-25 wrote:Hollow win for the Skins... 17-0 up at home against an 0-5 team and we let them hang around long enough to give them a shot at winning at the end. San Fran will be so disappointed that they didn't win.

There's been a lot of promise in a lot of what the Redskins have done this season but only once have they played well for a full 60 mins. We'll put this one down to them being thrown by the arrival mid-game of the rookie QB with no gametape and move on to the Eagles.

I tend to agree, but a point or two on this game. 1) We are without Norman, and arguably he'd have likely shutdown 1 of their guys (Garcon?) and 2) Beatherd was a virtual unknown. They spent all week preparing for Hoyer and made him look pretty awful. Beatherd comes in and for a start he's very mobile in the pocket for starters.

While they would have made some adjustments on the fly, a team can only prepare for what they expect to see and can't really prepare for what they don't. I speak from experience when I say having a new QB thrown at you can mess up pretty much any game plan, especially when he extends the play multiple times.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Mon 16 Oct 2017, 7:54 am

Wonder if Romo fancies leaving the CBS booth for the Frozen Tundra? Crying or Very sad

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 16 Oct 2017, 10:34 am

Shocking news about Kevin Cadle - RIP
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Mon 16 Oct 2017, 10:59 am

Very sad indeed. Was always a great personality when he fronted the Sky coverage

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Oct 2017, 5:13 pm

Yeah, that's a shocker about KC. I grew up when he was coaching the London Towers. R.I.P Big man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 16 Oct 2017, 6:15 pm

Really sad news about Kevin Cadle... was stunned to learn today that he was 62... thought he was much younger! I always liked his laid back presentation of the NFL show. Poor guy... RIP.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 16 Oct 2017, 11:02 pm

Agreed, whether you liked his style or not, sad to see someone go when they should have years left. Sad

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next