The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

+23
mikeygnfl
GSC
Pr4wn
Good Golly I'm Olly
JDizzle
crazy_dave23
Marky
No name Bertie
Breadvan
Duty281
BamBam
CJB
rugbybanter
TightHEAD
dummy_half
Forward Pass
gazzyD
Fernando
Nathaniel Jacobs
twelve283
aucklandlaurie
TM Moot
westisbest
27 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 16 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 08 Jan 2017, 8:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Pr4wn wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Love this Texans D. They're amazing without Watt. Scary.

Amazing is a bit far - they're pretty good, nothing special.

Number one D in the NFL without their best player.

They're one of about 8 teams to hold that tag - and lets face it it's measured in yards...in points the #1 D was the Pats.

No great defences out there this year, just a lot of pretty good ones. If they had Watt, maybe they'd be great...but they don't
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 16 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Guest Mon 05 Feb 2018, 2:17 am

It is like watching a game of Madden.

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 16 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Guest Mon 05 Feb 2018, 2:36 am

And so it begins.

Ominous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 05 Feb 2018, 2:37 am

Those two missed conversions for the Eagles looking costly now...

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 05 Feb 2018, 3:04 am

Wow.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Feb 2018, 3:04 am

Wow! This has been amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Feb 2018, 3:19 am

I bet GSC is buzzing right now. Another top notch SB.

Great story for the Eagles and the City itself clap clap clap

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon 05 Feb 2018, 3:21 am

Great advert for American football.  The Eagles have landed.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 05 Feb 2018, 3:22 am

Congrats GSC - you guys thoroughly deserved that
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon 05 Feb 2018, 3:24 am

With injury to their star quarterback Wentz I had thought the Eagles season would take a nose dive.  But they kept it going with their standby quarterback Foles.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 05 Feb 2018, 4:04 am

Well this isn't going to be a productive day...

WOOOOOOOOO
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon 05 Feb 2018, 4:31 am

I am no expert on NFL.  I guess the trick play where Foles scored was in Foles sneaking into the line as an extra guard on a faked running play on the opposite wing, enabling him to drift into the end zone unmarked to receive the ball.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon 05 Feb 2018, 4:47 am

Okay so here is a question - what will happen to Nick Foles when Carson Wentz recovers?
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 05 Feb 2018, 7:25 am

He backs him up.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 05 Feb 2018, 8:20 am

I'd like to publicly thank Olly for giving me the tools to treble my money last night overall, can't be bad!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 05 Feb 2018, 3:49 pm

No name Bertie wrote:Okay so here is a question - what will happen to Nick Foles when Carson Wentz recovers?
Seems harsh, but I'd imagine they try to trade Foles.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 05 Feb 2018, 3:54 pm

I think they trade Foles, they should get something nice for him now.

Great game, though I'd have preferred to see at least a little defense played by either side.

Also, was a bit miffed at the announcers trying to create controversy where there was none. Clement caught the ball and Ertz was clearly a runner.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 05 Feb 2018, 5:27 pm

Pr4wn wrote:I think they trade Foles, they should get something nice for him now.

Great game, though I'd have preferred to see at least a little defense played by either side.

Also, was a bit miffed at the announcers trying to create controversy where there was none. Clement caught the ball and Ertz was clearly a runner.

Agreed on the trade, but agree most on Colinsworth in particular. He seemed to be almost anti-Eagles most of the time. Between gushing about Brady and the 'controversial calls' (they were anything but), was Kraft paying him?!

Great game in spite of that, one of the best.

Little tit bit nobody has picked up on - the NFC East is the only division where all 4 teams have won at least one SB! And if I'm correct, the winningest SB division.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 05 Feb 2018, 6:16 pm

I strongly object to the use of the word "winningest". Not that you're wrong, of course, I just hate that damn word.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 05 Feb 2018, 7:21 pm

I wouldn't trade Foles for a first round pick for the reasons outlined this postseason
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 05 Feb 2018, 11:02 pm

I wouldn't offer a 1st, but there's ate least 2-3 QB needy teams that will talk to them and might just decide its worth the risk. With Cousins likely going to Denver, That leaves the Browns, Cards and Jets likely kicking the tyres. I think he'd actually fit in with the Cards, but it depends on what O they will be running next season.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 06 Feb 2018, 9:18 am

I wouldn't do it for a first. Worst comes to worst the backup can win the big game. That's worth more than a high pick to me
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 06 Feb 2018, 9:59 am

Was there really any controversy on the TE's (Ertz?) touchdown? Caught the ball and ran 3 steps before reaching out with the ball over the line. Touchdown and end of play as soon as the ball breaks the plane clearly in his control, regardless of whether he lost the ball when it hit the ground.

If that was even close to being classed as an incompletion, then the NFL needs to seriously revise their interpretation of a catch. I can understand the requirement for control on landing from a jump ball catch, but once possession and control has been established it's a catch.

Anyway, a great SB and win for the Eagles, who were the side that managed to do a few things on defence especially late in the 4th.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 06 Feb 2018, 10:29 am

The controversy comes from a terrible rule.

In the real world both were catches but in the NFL you basically roll a dice every time a catch goes to replay
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 06 Feb 2018, 10:32 am

Anyway Doug showed the way to beat the Pats is not to fall for the aura or mystique of Belichick and Brady. Seattle and Atlanta ended up out thinking themselves because Belichick was stood opposite, Doug just called his normal game. In the end you'd have backed our defense to make a play long before NEs
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 06 Feb 2018, 11:32 pm

GSC wrote:Anyway Doug showed the way to beat the Pats is not to fall for the aura or mystique of Belichick and Brady. Seattle and Atlanta ended up out thinking themselves because Belichick was stood opposite, Doug just called his normal game. In the end you'd have backed our defense to make a play long before NEs

Add to it two vital 4th downs by the Eagles - the Foles reception and one by Ertz in the drive for the final go ahead TD. Good play calls and good execution in both cases. Either play fails and we'd be discussing yet another Patriots win...

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 07 Feb 2018, 7:02 am

Guess Josh McDaniels is still a piece of trash
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 07 Feb 2018, 7:48 am

"Man decides to not ruin his career by working for Jim Irsay"

Looking forward to them raising the "almost hired Josh McDaniels" banner
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 07 Feb 2018, 9:19 am

Man should have made that clear a long time before the assistants he recruited were signing contracts in Indy. Even if you don't like the Colts it's a dbag move from their perspective.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 07 Feb 2018, 10:23 am

Oh of course it is - but the Colts are a dbag organisation, so i can't blame him for getting cold feet especially seeing as he's probably got a hefty pay rise and more assurances in NE

Especially seeing as there is reports out there that Luck may need another shoulder surgery
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 07 Feb 2018, 10:35 am

He might have got assurances from NE, but there's a very slim chance he ever gets interest from another org after this
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 07 Feb 2018, 4:49 pm

Ballard, after being cucked by Belichick, ends his presser by saying “the rivalry’s back on”

Hahhaha hahahah Pats gonna put up a 60 burger on your sorry defence next year pal - last time Indy beat NE was 2009 and that was the 4th and 2 game
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Wed 07 Feb 2018, 5:45 pm

GSC wrote:He might have got assurances from NE, but there's a very slim chance he ever gets interest from another org after this
He must have got some sort of HC-in-waiting type thing from the Pats, surely?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 07 Feb 2018, 6:57 pm

McDaniels probably only has one more shot as as an NFL HC. Guess he’d rather take the risk that that is in NE, than potentially flame out in Indy with an injured QB.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 07 Feb 2018, 8:24 pm

Hilarious that an agent who was negotiating a contract for a new coach (Gruden), whilst representing the incumbent (Del Rio) has decided McDaniels decision is where he draws the ethical line
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 07 Feb 2018, 8:26 pm

Two entirely different situations there, Olly. What would you have done if you were in his shoes regarding the Raiders situation?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 07 Feb 2018, 8:36 pm

At least the Pats got a win this week.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 08 Feb 2018, 7:45 pm

Jason Kelce is headed for the WWE
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 08 Feb 2018, 7:54 pm

The 49ers just made Jimmy G the highest paid NFL player ever.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 Feb 2018, 11:24 pm

For about a month until Cousins gets paid
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 09 Feb 2018, 11:23 pm

Aye but Cousins is great so he’ll be totally worth it.

Little thing I learned today... once Cousins is paid and assuming that Jimmy G’s cap hit is as big as you’d expect the highest paid player in the league’s to be, Alex Smith will have just the 19th biggest cap hit of any QB in the league this year. Decent value I’d say..... just a pity the Redskins will screw up making the most of the extra cap space.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 12 Feb 2018, 4:59 pm

Final(?) update:

Giants: OUT Jerry Reese (GM), Ben McAdoo IN Dave Gettleman (GM) Pat Shurmur
Browns: OUT Sashi Brown (GM) IN John Dorsey (GM)
Packers: OUT Ted Thompson (GM) IN Brian Gutekunst (GM)
Texans: OUT Rick Smith (GM) IN Brian Gaine (GM)
Cardinals: OUT Bruce Arians IN Steve Wilks
Raiders: OUT Jack Del Rio IN Jon Gruden
Colts: OUT Chuck Pagano IN Josh McDaniels Frank Reich
Lions: OUT Jim Caldwell IN Matt Patricia
Bears: OUT John Fox IN Matt Nagy
Titans: OUT Mike Mularkey IN Mike Vrabel

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 12 Feb 2018, 7:41 pm

I love how terrible ESPN headline are on the top half of their website... Nothing on their front page until 3 or 4 sections down about the Colts hiring a coach, and I only stumbled on the McDaniels news initially by opening an article I was confused about and finding i'd missed something!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 13 Feb 2018, 8:50 am

crazy_dave23 wrote:I love how terrible ESPN headline are on the top half of their website... Nothing on their front page until 3 or 4 sections down about the Colts hiring a coach, and I only stumbled on the McDaniels news initially by opening an article I was confused about and finding i'd missed something!

Twitter is great for keeping up with current events I find
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Wed 07 Mar 2018, 11:36 am

In something of a bad news vein, Ed 'Muscles' Hochuli and Jeff Triplette are retiring. I'll miss Ed, and I'll always remember the mess up in Denver. Smile

Also, looks like Steelers will FT Bell again. Wondering, is this becoming another Cousins situation?

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 07 Mar 2018, 2:16 pm

Yeah isn't this the second year in a row that they've tagged him?

The Rams didn't get much for Robert Quinn either...

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Wed 07 Mar 2018, 4:07 pm

skins4ever wrote:In something of a bad news vein, Ed 'Muscles' Hochuli and Jeff Triplette are retiring.
One of the new referees is Ed's son Shawn. The other is Alex Kemp, whose father was... an NFL referee.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 07 Mar 2018, 8:48 pm

Its like a family club...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 07 Mar 2018, 9:02 pm

Reminds me of the White House.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu 08 Mar 2018, 11:34 am

Pr4wn wrote:Reminds me of the White House.
laughing

Except usually the officials get it right. Very Happy

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu 08 Mar 2018, 1:46 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000917695/article/fourround-mock-draft-allen-goes-no-1-bills-cardinals-trade-up

I know these are only mocks but I don't get the consensus on drafting a QB #1. Yes it's what the Browns will probably do, but look at the order here. The Browns need a new QB, given, but they also need a marquee RB to make that QB's life easier initially. With the Giants at #2 who are desperate for a RB, I'd take Barkley @#1, let the Giants mull a QB or RB (they'd probably take Darnold or trade back), the Colts aren't going to draft a QB unless they know something we don't, so they'll almost certainly go DL, that leaves Darnold or Allen available at #4. You address both prime offensive needs in 2 picks you've accumulated for that very reason. Darnold does look the real deal, but so does Allen. Is one such a massive upgrade over the other? Am I missing something?

I also have to laugh at some saying the Skins pick up an OLB @13. To me if Vea is available still you have to go for a guy who could dominate at NT in a 3-4 OR 4-3. That takes pressure off an awful run D and the secondary. Then pick up DB's and WR's in later rounds. I can't see the immediate need for an OLB considering the horrible DL and suspect secondary we have?

Thoughts?

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next