The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Money Mayweather vs Money McGregor = Whole Lotta Money

+21
BoxingFan88
Dylan1979
SecretFly
rapidringsroad
Hammersmith harrier
catchweight
Pedro147
compelling and rich
Baby faced assassin
rodders
hogey
milkyboy
Atila
Derbymanc
TopHat24/7
smashingstormcrow
melv500
AdamT
EX7EY
hazharrison
owen10ozzy
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Money Mayweather vs Money McGregor = Whole Lotta Money - Page 2 Empty Money Mayweather vs Money McGregor = Whole Lotta Money

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 14 Feb 2017, 12:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Won't post a link as easy enough to search, however it appears that the fight the world has been talking about for the better part of 18 months is almost over the line. Various media outlets have reported that Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor have agreed to the terms for a match up against one another with a reported billion dollars at play on the table.

Whilst both men have agreed to the contracts they have yet to be signed due to a 3rd party holding up the deal getting over the line. The common line of thinking is that said person is Dana White of the UFC (although this is just conjecture at this time). However whoever is holding up any potential is expected to step aside for the right price and the fight is said to most definitely be taking place.

Now obviously legal issues arise plenty of times during boxing negotiations and given how difficult fights of this magnitude are to make it wouldn't be a shock to see this suddenly collapse...that being said throughout all of the hype and talk of this fight in last 18 months, neither party had fully committed to negotiations..the sheer fact that they apparently have would suggest this deal is very much immenint and the fight will go ahead..

So whose looking forward to it? Who do we think wins...does anyone give Conor even the smallest of chances and most vitally in a year which seems to be going very well for boxing does that add to what is an apparent growth year in the sport or is it just a circus act to attract the masses?

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Money Mayweather vs Money McGregor = Whole Lotta Money - Page 2 Empty Re: Money Mayweather vs Money McGregor = Whole Lotta Money

Post by Dylan1979 Sun 19 Feb 2017, 10:18 am

Couldn't care less about this fight. Don't think it will actually happen. Ivy will come back for his 50th but it will be against Danny Garcia, who will, in my opinion, beat Keith Thurman.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Money Mayweather vs Money McGregor = Whole Lotta Money - Page 2 Empty Re: Money Mayweather vs Money McGregor = Whole Lotta Money

Post by Pedro147 Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:47 am

Apparently Haye now fighting on the undercard of this fight, should it take place.

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/david-haye-in-talks-to-box-ufc-fighter-potentially-on-mayweather-mcgregor-card/

DAVID HAYE has revealed he could make his ring return after surgery on his ruptured Achilles tendon against an unlikely opponent – UFC fighter Jimi Manuwa.

Haye suffered the nasty injury in the sixth round of his stoppage reverse to Tony Bellew earlier this month and is looking at a lengthy recovery period, though hopes to box again this year.

DAVID HAYE has revealed he could make his ring return after surgery on his ruptured Achilles tendon against an unlikely opponent – UFC fighter Jimi Manuwa.

Haye suffered the nasty injury in the sixth round of his stoppage reverse to Tony Bellew earlier this month and is looking at a lengthy recovery period, though hopes to box again this year.

In an online Q&A session last night, Haye was asked whether he would entertain the idea of fighting fellow Londoner Manuwa, who called out Haye after his most recent win.

“The answer is a resounding ‘yes’,” he said.

“I was very impressed with his quick knock out the other night at the O2 Arena. If any of the mixed martial artists can convert over to be a successful boxer he has definitely got the body shape and style to do so.

“Yeah we have heard from Manuwa’s management and UFC so it is something that we are looking at at the moment.

“Obviously it is a little way off being confirmed. But it is a fight that would unify a lot of the fans from both UFC and boxing and make a mega event.”

UFC light-heavyweight Manuwa proposed a clash with Haye to take place on the undercard of a potential fight between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor.

“David Haye, let’s do this,” he said.

“We’re two of the hardest hitters in London. I think that the fight makes sense.

“Conor wants to fight Mayweather, why not have me against David Haye on the same card?”

Manuwa tipped the scales at 205lbs for his last fight while Haye was just under 225lbs for his clash with Bellew, meaning a potential boxing match between them would most likely take place at heavyweight (anything over 200lbs).

Of course, like Mayweather-Mcgregor, the UFC would need to be involved due to Manuwa’s contract with the promotional outfit.

After his loss to Bellew, Haye made it clear his top priority is a rematch with the Liverpudlian. Bellew is currently enjoying a well-earned break and will make a decision on his future in two weeks’ time, but is also looking at a period on the sidelines after fracturing his hand during the Haye fight.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:15 pm

Floyd by Massacre

Unless he decides to put on a show and carry him a few rounds

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:21 pm

Floyd boring points victory. He couldn't crack an egg these days. McGregor will hear the final bell.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:28 pm

Floyd's got Thurman problems

Why can't he take a real fight complete waste of time the McGregor fight Floyd never beat a prime top class natural welterweight as soon as one came along he relinquished

In other news horrible to see that about Anthony Ogogo

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 31 Mar 2017, 7:17 am

Your hero kovalev best win is against a 300 year old Hopkins. Hardly think you're the right guy to criticize Floyd my friend.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 31 Mar 2017, 7:28 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:Floyd's got Thurman problems

Why can't he take a real fight complete waste of time the McGregor fight Floyd never beat a prime top class natural welterweight as soon as one came along he relinquished

Well he's retired for a start so he doesn't have to take any fight, he knows this will generate him a hell of a lot of money for little work so unless he's a complete idiot he wouldn't turn it down.

The 'he's not fought any quality' has been done to death. If you can't appreciate what a talent he was then it's a waste of time even debating it. (Yes he was/is/always will be a prize t!t)

Sorry to hear about Ogogo, lets hope he gets the proper treatment and doesn't rush back, or retires if that's what's best.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 31 Mar 2017, 7:59 am

Derbymanc wrote:

Well he's retired for a start so he doesn't have to take any fight, he knows this will generate him a hell of a lot of money for little work so unless he's a complete idiot he wouldn't turn it down.

The 'he's not fought any quality' has been done to death. If you can't appreciate what a talent he was then it's a waste of time even debating it. (Yes he was/is/always will be a prize t!t)

Sorry to hear about Ogogo, lets hope he gets the proper treatment and doesn't rush back, or retires if that's what's best.

Herman only ever seems to comment on each and every boxer ducking everyone they haven't fought based on internet hearsay, the classic was accusing Hopkins of ducking Kovalev after they'd fought.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Mar 2017, 8:06 am

Disgrace to fight a UFC fighter and legitimise an inferior crappy sport..

If I want to see a sport where adults roll around on the floor. I'll go into a few nightclubs on a Saturday night.

The fight will be a stain on Boxing.... It's better than this.

Give it a wide berth.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 31 Mar 2017, 8:42 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Disgrace to fight a UFC fighter and legitimise an inferior crappy sport..

If I want to see a sport where adults roll around on the floor.  I'll go into a few nightclubs on a Saturday night.

The fight will be a stain on Boxing.... It's better than this.

Give it a wide berth.

Think we can all agree on this Trussy, the thing is that a lot of people are interested in it (I loathe the word casuals btw) and there will be some interest from both sets of fans. It'll be farce, the same way Freddie Flintoff was a farce and with talk of Haye/someone else wanting to do similar on the undercard we could see a whole night of MMA vs Boxer type fights.

Not my idea of fun and hopefully boxing (and MMA) distances itself as far away from it as possible.

You know Floyd though, he could do it just to pee everyone off (and show he can make big bucks no matter who's in front of him) or he could take it all the way to the last minute and then go 'naaaaaaaaaah, this is rubbish' and walk away. (Which i must admit would make me laugh)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 31 Mar 2017, 9:46 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:

Herman only ever seems to comment on each and every boxer ducking everyone they haven't fought based on internet hearsay, the classic was accusing Hopkins of ducking Kovalev after they'd fought.

Hopkins never really wanted that fight and for good reason he took the worst schooling of his career

He wasn't  a bad light heavy Bernard but just too small to be a great one respect though for having a go

And Floyd yes I'll say it again he's got Thurman problems the one guy who could cause him problems he relinquishes to when are you guys going to stop overrating your hero he had a shocking handpicked reign at welter?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 31 Mar 2017, 9:49 am

AdamT wrote:Your hero kovalev best win is against a 300 year old Hopkins. Hardly think you're the right guy to criticize Floyd my friend.

Kovalev has sought out every rival in his division no ducking and dodging from him no comparison to Floyd they're cut from different cloth

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 31 Mar 2017, 9:54 am

He's not my hero, i can't stand the F@@@er, same with Manny, can't just ignore how good they are though because you don't like them.

Alas in this day and age 'cherry picker' can be used for just about any boxer you dislike

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:01 am

Where have I ever said they're not very good?

You guys love to put words in people's mouths..

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:03 am

Floyd Mayweather is running from the mighty Keith Thurman, that's news to me, he must be there really worried about a guy who's struggled past Collazo and Garcia.

Mcgregor for obscene money or any other fight for less?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:08 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:
AdamT wrote:Your hero kovalev best win is against a 300 year old Hopkins. Hardly think you're the right guy to criticize Floyd my friend.

Kovalev has sought out every rival in his division no ducking and dodging from him no comparison to Floyd they're cut from different cloth

Eubank wants GGG and Degale...Let's put him in the top 10.

It's not who you fight..It's whether you want to fight them apparently...If Kovo calls out Joshua let's put him higher on the list.

You know Floyd has a great record cherry picker or not...Stop making cheap shots at a great fighter.

Stop embarrassing yourself

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:09 am

Thurman was and is the only one who can cause Floyd major problems ridicule all you like but he relinquished it's there for all to see Floyd doesn't like the fast overhand right

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:11 am

Lol.

Thurman would cause him no problems at all, I forgot about the Porter fight which I thought he lost.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:12 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Herman Jaeger wrote:

Eubank wants GGG and Degale...Let's put him in the top 10.

It's not who you fight..It's whether you want to fight them apparently...If Kovo calls out Joshua let's put him higher on the list.

You know Floyd has a great record cherry picker or not...Stop making cheap shots at a great fighter.

Stop embarrassing yourself

Cheap argument you guys need to stop overrating your hero and study up on some old fights

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:12 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:

Ridiculous really, anyone who watched that fight, could see that Bernard didn't duck once. Might have fared a little better if he'd remembered to.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:14 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Lol.

Thurman would cause him no problems at all, I forgot about the Porter fight which I thought he lost.

Thurman is the only one who could take the '0'

Floyd too canny to give him a shot

Never go down as a great welter Floyd

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:18 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Lol.

Thurman is the only one who could take the '0'

Floyd too canny to give him a shot

Never go down as a great welter Floyd

A Top bracket ATG will do him nicely instead I'm sure..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:21 am

LOL.

I'm sure a two time unified champion having won all four belts at the weight is going to miss out on greatness based on not fighting the mighty Keith Thurman, a man so dangerous he sneaked past Garcia and Porter.

Nice attempt at a WUM though Herman, needs a bit more work though.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:22 am

How is Floyd avoiding Thurman, he's retired

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:24 am

You guys get so sensitive when it comes to Floyd

Top 25 atg certainly top 30 but never a great welter not even in the top 20 at 47 the Honeyghan that battered Curry would have beat Floyd

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:25 am

Derbymanc wrote:How is Floyd avoiding Thurman, he's retired

Avoided..

Is that better?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:30 am

... Retired to avoid, couldn't be more of a duck if it was shredded and in a pancake could it hermy?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:30 am

Wasn't he still up and coming when Floyd was fighting? I know his last opponent could have been better but are we really going to moan about a retirement fight, and before that it was Manny and Maidana (twice) I think. One every man, his dog and his granny had been going on and on about, and the other against someone who ran him (apparently) really really close in the first fight.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:30 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:You guys get so sensitive when it comes to Floyd

Top 25 atg certainly top 30 but never a great welter not even in the top 20 at 47 the Honeyghan that battered Curry would have beat Floyd

I couldn't give a F**k where you put Floyd...He certainly cherrypicked......

Just don't see your logic of sticking up for fighters that haven't fought anybody while crucifying those that have ie Ward......

Double standards and flawed logic that grains on anyone with a brain..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:30 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:You guys get so sensitive when it comes to Floyd

Is there any champion who wouldn't have beaten him?

I thought it was half term next week.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:35 am

If Floyd isn't/wasn't a top Welter, not much hope for the current guys.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:35 am

Derbymanc wrote:Wasn't he still up and coming when Floyd was fighting? I know his last opponent could have been better but are we really going to moan about a retirement fight, and before that it was Manny and Maidana (twice) I think. One every man, his dog and his granny had been going on and on about, and the other against someone who ran him (apparently) really really close in the first fight.

Still his mandatory

Maidana can get two fight but Thurman had Spence problems to use Floyd's words

GGG couldn't get a fight, Thurman couldn't get a fight

Floyd loved the path of least resistance I think most are agreed on that. So why not Thurman if he's so useless? You'd have thought Floyd would have jumped at Thurman

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:40 am

Hang on isn't GGG 2 weights above him and didn't want to drop down until AFTER the Manny fight,

As much as I can't stand the geezer, if he'd have not signed on to fight Maidana again and gone for Keef, people like yourself would still be going nuts on how he 'avoided' his biggest danger to date.

In hindsight he beat Manny pretty handily and looked like he could have stepped up a few gears, but again if he'd have said no, i'm fighting that Thurman fella. You lot would have gone absolutely nuts (deservedly so btw)

His retirement fight could have been against anyone imo and I say the same for all fighters.

If he beat Thurman and then retired, you'd all be going on how he avoided Spence/Brook etc.

GGG in my eyes is an absolute no brainer and was a complete lose lose for Floyd no matter what happened. Won and GGG is overrated etc etc blah blah blah, lose and look how crap Floyd is for losing to that guy who's weights above blah blah blah

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:42 am

GGG fights at 160 and Maidana got the rematch because the first fight was awfully close.

Floyd also gave Castillo an automatic rematch.

Floyd retired after Hatton, when he should of been fighting Margarito/Williams/Cotto. Him and Manny both ducked each other.

Mitchell
Baldomir
Judah
Hatton
Marquez
Mosley
Ortiz
Guerrero
Maidana x2
Pacquaio
Berto

Certainly not a list that is up there with both Sugar Ray's, but all the above are/were solid world champions. Were they all at their peak? Probably not all, but they were all top contenders/champions at the time Floyd fought them. It's arguable that Floyd wasn't at his peak in some of the later contests too.

He did do some cherry picking, but it is ridiculous to not rate him as a top Welter. He is certainly not at the top of the list, but he is still a great Welterweight, as is Manny Pacquaio.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:44 am

Manny's pants he's quite obviously ducking Khan ;-)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:46 am

Hermy's little fishing trip has got a few bites this morning.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:46 am

Floyd needs Thurman and winner of Brook/Spence if he wants to go down as a great welter imo

He's yet to beat a prime top class natural welter you guys refuse to see it so blinded by your love

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:48 am

milkyboy wrote:Hermy's little fishing trip has got a few bites this morning.

I know he's fishing, but couldn't help myself.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:50 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Wasn't he still up and coming when Floyd was fighting? I know his last opponent could have been better but are we really going to moan about a retirement fight, and before that it was Manny and Maidana (twice) I think. One every man, his dog and his granny had been going on and on about, and the other against someone who ran him (apparently) really really close in the first fight.

Still his mandatory

Floyd loved the path of least resistance I think most are agreed on that. So why not Thurman if he's so useless? You'd have thought Floyd would have jumped at Thurman

Hermy isn't smart enough to go fishing....Are you mate ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:52 am

Nah it's his believe which is fine, just that it's wrong.

I dunno how you can say Manny and Floyd aren't great welterweights tbh. Each to their own, I prefer Tommy Coyle tbh

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:53 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Herman Jaeger wrote:

Still his mandatory

Hermy isn't smart enough to go fishing....Are you mate ??

We can't all be as smart as Truss now can we.....?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:01 am

Sounded a little patronising didn't it.....

I apologise... kiss

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:03 am

Give us a kiss but no tongues Hug

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:09 am

If Thurman fights winner Brook/Spence then Floyd needs the winner of that

If Floyd wins that then I'll give it him

Till then I am and will remain a sceptic

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:15 am

He's retired Herms no reason he has to come back and fight the winner of Brook and Spence although If Manny really wants his rematch maybe he should do that

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:39 am

Without a doubt the huge success of wrestling has changed Boxing for the worst.....Without sounding like an old chump...Standard of fight was important back in the day.

Now chuck a punch or a few chairs and you can get a 100,000 people to pay for anything.

The fight itself is becoming a secondary consideration

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

I think he lacks the intelligence to do that. I quite enjoy riling him anyway.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 31 Mar 2017, 12:12 pm

[quote="Hammersmith harrier"]

I think he lacks the intelligence to do that. I quite enjoy riling him anyway.[/quote

You carry on ol son you ain't got the nouse..

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Mar 2017, 12:24 pm

Nous

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 31 Mar 2017, 12:32 pm

Never thought of Truss as a grammar nazi before

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next