The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

+42
Welly
21st Century Schizoid Man
reallybored
Margin_Walker
sensisball
mikey_dragon
whocares
des
demosthenes
St John The Enforcer
R!skysports
Manky-Flanker
Mad for Chelsea
Eejit
TJ
Scottish White Line Fever
LordDowlais
Tattie Scones RRN
RossAnderson
Scottrf
Majestic83
nickj
cakeordeath
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Ozzy3213
MacKnocked-on
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
EST
BigGee
profitius
Anglobraveheart
George Carlin
highland_scot
RDW
RuggerRadge2611
EWT Spoons
tigertattie
IanBru
jimbopip
funnyExiledScot
Hazel Sapling
46 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 20 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 19 May 2017, 9:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 20 P12-gl10

Glasgow Warriors & Edinburgh

The Histories:

Guiness Pro 12
Edinburgh Rugby
Glasgow Warriors

Edinburgh Rugby Highlights 2016/2017 vomit
Glasgow Warriors Pro 12 Highlights 2016/2017  Sorry

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 20 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

Post by RDW Wed 30 Aug 2017, 2:58 pm

BigGee wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Lots of chat from Cockers on the Matt Dawson show last night - from around 40 minutes in

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b092js8t

He raised the good point that Edinburgh's double header in South Africa is the week of the NZ game and the week after, which is hardly an ideal time to be taking the squad to South Africa!

Can't see what the problem will be, it is not as if that many of them will be in the Scotland squad in any case!

Ah come on now Biggee, that was like shooting fish in a barrel! Thought you were better than that!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 20 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

Post by BigGee Wed 30 Aug 2017, 3:45 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
BigGee wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Lots of chat from Cockers on the Matt Dawson show last night - from around 40 minutes in

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b092js8t

He raised the good point that Edinburgh's double header in South Africa is the week of the NZ game and the week after, which is hardly an ideal time to be taking the squad to South Africa!

Can't see what the problem will be, it is not as if that many of them will be in the Scotland squad in any case!

Ah come on now Biggee, that was like shooting fish in a barrel! Thought you were better than that!

I know, it is like candy in a jar, sometimes just not possible to resist!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 30 Aug 2017, 3:48 pm

Anyway, moving on from baiting Edinburgh fans, it does look as if Niko will be coming back.

Announced on the BBC this afternoon that he is training with Glasgow with a view to a contract. Rennie being the wise old fox that he is, probably wants to have a look at him himself and is not seduced by all the tales of wonder of yore.

I imagine he is more than likely to sign though if it has got this far, provided he is fit. As he has not really played much for 2 years, that may not be a gimme though.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 30 Aug 2017, 3:51 pm

I reckon Jamie Lyall the BBC reporter just reads this forum to find out the gossip, does a bit of digging himself then writes an article about it.

On that note, I've heard Beaudon Barritt is signing for Edinburgh but is worried if he'll be our first choice stand off...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 30 Aug 2017, 4:38 pm

To be fair, the terrible thistle podcast did have an interview with Kenny Murray who said a signing would likely be announced today, so would make sense it was Niko.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 30 Aug 2017, 4:59 pm

In other news, continuing the theme of high standards of Pro 12 reffing Mike Adamson has somehow made it to the 'elite' Pro 12 reffing pool.

Never been overly impressed with his reffing, mainly because of his manner with the players - his way of showing that he is in charge is to act like a head teach on a power trip.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 30 Aug 2017, 5:03 pm

jimbopip wrote:Highland, congratulations Bubbly

However, you do know that honeymoon withdrawal symptoms is not a reliable form of birth control, don't you?

A lot of rugby of note has been played; mainly by Glasgow under 14's against the Stains first XV. Apparently Renzo was scathing in his comments about Northampton.

If Cockers says Oban is local to Kathmandu most sensible people would agree, so if he tells you that Malcolm Bradbury is a local lad he feccin well is.

You also missed the Luvvies squad meeting where Cockers said, "We need a captain who will write the next chapter in our history. Bradbury...You can write the history, man!"

Batman will be a glorious captain. Although we should start a sweepstake to see which opposition player is first to get the Owen Farrell treatment.

Right you shower of ne'erdowells and window lickers.
I've put two, yes two, good jokes in that post.
One smutty and one smart. (appealing to both ends of the central lowlands).
Not one of you life force leeching Walkers has spotted them. Should I have punctuated my post with pix of Queen Danny in the buff?
Start appreciating me or I'll go back to reminiscing about my offspring's couthy childhoods. bah

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 30 Aug 2017, 5:09 pm

jimbopip wrote:

However, you do know that honeymoon withdrawal symptoms is not a reliable form of birth control, don't you?

A lot of rugby of note has been played; mainly by Glasgow under 14's against the Stains first XV. Apparently Renzo was scathing in his comments about Northampton.

If Cockers says Oban is local to Kathmandu most sensible people would agree, so if he tells you that Malcolm Bradbury is a local lad he feccin well is.

You also missed the Luvvies squad meeting where Cockers said, "We need a captain who will write the next chapter in our history. Bradbury...You can write the history, man!"

Batman will be a glorious captain. Although we should start a sweepstake to see which opposition player is first to get the Owen Farrell treatment.

Not one of you life force leeching Walkers has spotted them. Should I have punctuated my post with pix of Queen Danny in the buff?
Start appreciating me or I'll go back to reminiscing about my offspring's couthy childhoods. bah

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll

Does that make you feel better?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 30 Aug 2017, 5:17 pm

Hug Slightly. kiss

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 30 Aug 2017, 5:20 pm

Oh wait, I forgot

notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 30 Aug 2017, 5:50 pm

jimbopip wrote:

Q. Which poster urinates on Mark Twain from a great height?
A. Jim does.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 30 Aug 2017, 7:23 pm

BigGee wrote:Anyway, moving on from baiting Edinburgh fans, it does look as if Niko will be coming back.

Announced on the BBC this afternoon that he is training with Glasgow with a view to a contract. Rennie being the wise old fox that he is, probably wants to have a look at him himself and is not seduced by all the tales of wonder of yore.

I imagine he is more than likely to sign though if it has got this far, provided he is fit. As he has not really played much for 2 years, that may not be a gimme though.

Well if we do sign him (and STV have just said we are in talks with him) we should only play him v Ulster Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 31 Aug 2017, 10:15 am

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

It's official.

He's back.

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

There is no point intellectualising about it. You will either smile from ear to ear or you won't.

Let the rejoicing commence.

Oh, and what's the odds on him playing a blinder in Execeterr? Laugh Laugh Laugh oh yeah

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 31 Aug 2017, 10:32 am

Sky Sports have done 5 players to watch in the pro14 this year, 3 of the 5 are at Edinburgh (2) and Glasgow (1).

Duhan van der Merwe
Robbie Fruean
Huw Jones

Not exactly an in depth article, but weird there are so many players at Scottish teams mentioned, especially Edinburgh

Sky Sports 5 to watch

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:02 am

Just a shame VDM is out until the New Year!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:18 am

EWT Spoons wrote:Sky Sports have done 5 players to watch in the pro14 this year, 3 of the 5 are at Edinburgh (2) and Glasgow (1).

Duhan van der Merwe
Robbie Fruean
Huw Jones

Not exactly an in depth article, but weird there are so many players at Scottish teams mentioned, especially Edinburgh

Sky Sports 5 to watch

I find it strange that they are all imports or returnees. No 'home-grown' talent to look out for?

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:24 am

Sky. picard

I think Malcolm Bradbury is obviously one to watch. As is D'Arcy Graham, if he hits the ground running, as it were, he could be special. Also, it is a big season for Ben Toolis. I mentioned earlier he was very frustrated by Solomans and Stern Vern and very well may have gone back to Oz if Toonie hadn't told him to hang around. Hopefully we'll start seeing the best of him now.

Meanwhile at the real rugby club... Far too many Ones To Watch. Shocked

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:33 am

jimbopip wrote:Sky. picard

I think Malcolm Bradbury is obviously one to watch. As is D'Arcy Graham, if he hits the ground running, as it were, he could be special. Also, it is a big season for Ben Toolis. I mentioned earlier he was very frustrated by Solomans and Stern Vern and very well may have gone back to Oz if Toonie hadn't told him to hang around. Hopefully we'll start seeing the best of him now.

Given he died in 2000 I doubt he'll be up to much, unless this links back to the GoT chat that has been circulating this page during the preseason. Wink Smile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Bradbury

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 31 Aug 2017, 12:41 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:

Given he died in 2000 I doubt he'll be up to much, unless this links back to the GoT chat that has been circulating this page during the preseason.  Wink  Smile

think he means Magnus? Or does he mean Fergus the younger bradbury?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 31 Aug 2017, 1:13 pm

Righto - now His Mentalness has signed, I think Rennie must keep him for the Ulster game (2 March 18 ish). Hope the camera focuses in on their supporters' faces - could be very, very funny. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 31 Aug 2017, 1:27 pm

tigertattie wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:

Given he died in 2000 I doubt he'll be up to much, unless this links back to the GoT chat that has been circulating this page during the preseason.  Wink  Smile

think he means Magnus? Or does he mean Fergus the younger bradbury?

Because he didn't get a reaction last time (I suspect this is a clever joke that no one else gets) I think he'll keep saying it until someone notices so he can explain in 3 paragraphs (instead of a short sentence) why it's funny and therefore why he's much cleverer than all of us!

Sound about right Jimbo? Very Happy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 31 Aug 2017, 1:43 pm

100% accurate RDW. clap

Malcolm Bradbury wrote the novel "The History Man".

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 31 Aug 2017, 1:45 pm

To quote Ozymandias,
"Gaze upon my works ye mighty and despair" oh yeah

RDW_Scotland wrote:
jimbopip wrote:

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll

Does that make you feel better?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 31 Aug 2017, 1:46 pm

Well that's made my long weekend. Niko is only 28 so he'll hardly be dragging an iron lung onto the field with him.

Rennie's comments are interesting and it's clear that Niko is a chance worth taking but that he is starting right at the bottom of the pile:
The Lower Hutt Deity wrote:
“I know he was incredibly popular here with the fans and when I met with him he made it very clear that he was very passionate about Glasgow and wanted to come back.

“We’ve got three really good nines already, Henry (Pyrgos) and Ali (Price) are Scotland internationals and George (Horne) has really impressed us in pre-season.

“Niko is going to have to work really hard, but the fact that he can play on the wing and at full-back is a bonus and his utility value will help us during the Autumn Tests and Six Nations periods.

“We want to harness his individual brilliance and not coach it out of him, he’ll be dynamic on our artificial pitch.

“He’s been out of footy for a fair amount of time, so the next month will be about getting his body right so that once he gets his opportunity he’s ready to fire.”

We may not see him for another couple of rounds, but the coaching staff are correct - the more quality options during the international window, the merrier.

I don't have the misgivings that a lot of people do about the player. He was bought by Bath who didn't have the slightest clue how to use him when Ford needed the ball on a plate and was clearly hugely unhappy at Exeter. He certainly has no excuse now he is back in his spiritual home but he will know that his credibility is on the line. Easy decision for the Glasgow staff really - not much for them to lose.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 31 Aug 2017, 1:57 pm

GC, you see it as a win-win.
Schiz, I feel, sees it as a Lose-Lose.
My head leans towards Sciz's viewpoint.
My heart can't stop smiling.

As with so many things only time will tell.

Batman, who kicked off his captaincy with the "13 year old's sly finger " in the team photo, may prove to be a mature steadying influence on the team.
Niko may prove to be a selfless team player who can be relied upon to play the percentages and never lose us a crucial game.
Only time will tell.
But I love them both now and will still love them at the end of the season.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 31 Aug 2017, 3:19 pm

I don't see it really as lose lose but he is from the distant era when we won the damn thing (2 years ago Shocked )and we should be going forward. However Dave Rennie knows a lot more about rugby than me and as far as publicity goes it has probably paid his yearly wage already with ticket sales, merchandise sales etc. A quick look at the Ws forum would tell you. He (Niko) also did a Warriors TV interview at Scotstoun this am. I will post a link if I can find one . Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 31 Aug 2017, 3:23 pm

Here:-

https://youtu.be/HGNS26VJz3s

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 31 Aug 2017, 3:29 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Here:-

https://youtu.be/HGNS26VJz3s
The 'welcome back' video was undeniably gratuitous too but I did enjoy it all the same:

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 01 Sep 2017, 3:47 pm

I see Ryan Grant is playing for Ayr this weekend. I imagine he is trying to get match fit and still sees a chance of a professional contract (with Edinburgh?).

Good luck to him and kudos for keeping on trying.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 01 Sep 2017, 5:34 pm

BigGee wrote:I see Ryan Grant is playing for Ayr this weekend. I imagine he is trying to get match fit and still sees a chance of a professional contract (with Edinburgh?).

Good luck to him and kudos for keeping on trying.
Agree completely - I love a trier and playing for the Mighty Mazongas of Milbrae will offer a sense as to how World Class he still has the capacity to be. What the hell has happened to that man? There absolutely has to be a story there as his fall from grace (albeit not as far as some) was too pronounced for there not to be. Good luck to him. With Edinburgh's loosehead problems, he'll never get a better chance to start again.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 01 Sep 2017, 6:04 pm

Is this the first example of a player attempting to regain World Classishness by osmosis?

Rather like Schiz and I allowing Bru to stand beside us in the Scout Hut and hoping his round will miraculously appear on the bar.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 01 Sep 2017, 8:00 pm

There's a real game of rugby going on in Belfast at the moment. 8-14 to the Cheetahs after 20 minutes.

EDIT: 27-14 after 30 minutes - if you're watching Edinburgh you have the wrong game on. Erm

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 01 Sep 2017, 11:52 pm

Cockers in his interview after the game sd that Edinburgh are interested in the Scotland sevens players Johnson, Farndale and Fife, who have all been training with them. Discussions are ongoing with Scott Johnson and the sevens coaches.

They must have all impressed him.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 03 Sep 2017, 12:01 pm

Having just had a quick look at the Conference tables this morning, I wouldn't bet against the positions being exactly the same at the end of the season.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 04 Sep 2017, 11:51 am

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 04 Sep 2017, 1:58 pm

So...

"From Westeros to Nova Scotia" as the song has it.
The King In The North ( a deluded nouveau riche who thinks tawdry baubles denote real nobility) ...FES
Littlefinger (a scheming Machiavel (are there any non-scheming ones) who lulls people into a false sense of security by appearing innocuous and friendly to all...Ian Bru
The Three Eyed Crow (ancient old crone, can't stand up and has seen it all before, and before and before)... The Schizoid One

There's more... But I leave that to better men, and Admin Boy.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 04 Sep 2017, 2:15 pm

Ahem, it is 3 eyed Raven...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 04 Sep 2017, 2:22 pm

Naw Schiz drinks on the Crow Road.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 04 Sep 2017, 5:41 pm

Actually there is a new place on Crow Road at Broomhill X that we were going to try this Saturday - half way from our gaff to Scotstoun .

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 05 Sep 2017, 10:03 am

Cockers says he would like to keep Fife, Farndale and Johnstone and is refreshingly honest that he knows nothing about the 7s squad and whether he can actually get them!

I'm not sure we actually need all 3 given the wingers we've got but they're all SQ and still relatively young so would happily take them back.

Six-times capped Scotland wing Dougie Fife picked up an ankle knock in Cardiff and is likely to be out, but Cockerill shed light yesterday on his decision to bring the 27-year-old back to the fold, and a starting spot, after he was released to the Sevens programme last season.

“Dougie is an experienced international 15s player and I think he is a very good player. It adds depth to the squad and they are Scottish-qualified guys and all very desperate to play for Scotland and Edinburgh,” said the 46-year-old Englishman.

“We have three sevens guys in the programme at the moment. James Johnstone and Jamie Farndale too, which adds a bit of depth to the squad. I would like to have them but that’s a wider discussion.

“If I can have them – and those discussions are always up for debate – I would like them in the squad. John Dalziel is running the Sevens programme and it would be pretty tough on him.

“We’ve got to work through that. It’s not just about me pulling rank. It’s about making sure the whole thing works.

“I believe that the Sevens programme is to produce players for the 15s and national side, but we have to make that work within the whole programme. I will be pushing hard to try and keep those lads if I can.”

Fife turned pro with Edinburgh six years ago and scored a try for Scotland in Paris during the 2015 Six Nations but his momentum stalled and he was deemed surplus to requirements at the pro team at the end of the 2015-16 season and shunted to the abbreviated game.

Cockerill made clear he would like to make use of those players available to him while he can. “All three have been with us full-time for the whole pre season. They are already training for the sevens but their competitions don’t start until December I think. I’m not overly clued up on sevens,” said former hooker Cockerill with smile.

“I’d like to keep them until then if I can. If those guys start commanding places in or around the 23 then you’d like to give them best shot at playing 15s.”

As for this Friday’s match, Cockerill said: “We will do our homework and make sure we do all our bits right. If we are a bit off [Dragons] are good enough to cause us problems.”

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Tue 05 Sep 2017, 10:34 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Cockers says he would like to keep Fife, Farndale and Johnstone and is refreshingly honest that he knows nothing about the 7s squad and whether he can actually get them!

I'm not sure we actually need all 3 given the wingers we've got but they're all SQ and still relatively young so would happily take them back.

Six-times capped Scotland wing Dougie Fife picked up an ankle knock in Cardiff and is likely to be out, but Cockerill shed light yesterday on his decision to bring the 27-year-old back to the fold, and a starting spot, after he was released to the Sevens programme last season.

“Dougie is an experienced international 15s player and I think he is a very good player. It adds depth to the squad and they are Scottish-qualified guys and all very desperate to play for Scotland and Edinburgh,” said the 46-year-old Englishman.

“We have three sevens guys in the programme at the moment. James Johnstone and Jamie Farndale too, which adds a bit of depth to the squad. I would like to have them but that’s a wider discussion.

“If I can have them – and those discussions are always up for debate – I would like them in the squad. John Dalziel is running the Sevens programme and it would be pretty tough on him.

“We’ve got to work through that. It’s not just about me pulling rank. It’s about making sure the whole thing works.

“I believe that the Sevens programme is to produce players for the 15s and national side, but we have to make that work within the whole programme. I will be pushing hard to try and keep those lads if I can.”

Fife turned pro with Edinburgh six years ago and scored a try for Scotland in Paris during the 2015 Six Nations but his momentum stalled and he was deemed surplus to requirements at the pro team at the end of the 2015-16 season and shunted to the abbreviated game.

Cockerill made clear he would like to make use of those players available to him while he can. “All three have been with us full-time for the whole pre season. They are already training for the sevens but their competitions don’t start until December I think. I’m not overly clued up on sevens,” said former hooker Cockerill with smile.

“I’d like to keep them until then if I can. If those guys start commanding places in or around the 23 then you’d like to give them best shot at playing 15s.”

As for this Friday’s match, Cockerill said: “We will do our homework and make sure we do all our bits right. If we are a bit off [Dragons] are good enough to cause us problems.”

On the subject of the 7s squad, I noticed that in the SRU draft list released last week of pro players assigned to premiership clubs that Hugh Blake is one of those listed. Can't recall which club he's aligned to but I thought he was still playing out in NZ.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 05 Sep 2017, 10:37 am

I guess with Van der Merwe injured currently that does leave us slightly short on the wing. Cockers is only saying he would like to keep them until December which probably ties in with when VDM is likely to be back.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 05 Sep 2017, 10:40 am

Hoyland is injured too but I think he's due back soon. We've still got Tom Brown too.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 05 Sep 2017, 10:50 am

I guess then with VDM & Hoyland injured and there has been no sight of Brown (injured/Cockers doesn't rate him?) then there is no harm keeping Fife and Farndale who are already on contracts with the SRU until they are needed for the 7s.

Plus Johnstone may be needed for cover until Bennett is back.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 05 Sep 2017, 11:20 am

There was a bit of bleating that Cockers did not do a pre game press conference last week. He said that he was to busy preparing the squad. There was also suggestions from Wales On Line, that the SRU were trying to gag him, bearing in mind his propensity for speaking his mind and going off script.

Maybe he is only going to do one presser a week, but you can bet your life that it will give us something worth listening to. He is just the most refreshingly honest character, what you see is what you get and he will no doubt always speak his mind. I am sure the SRU would rather he was not publicly debating the future of some of the sevens players, but it is certainly very interesting to us fans.

The journos just need to get real with this one and realise that with Cockers you get quality if not quantity. They just need to learn how to play him and to tease this sort of stuff out of him. It should not really be that hard.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 05 Sep 2017, 11:29 am

If the two sevens wings, Farndale and Fife do come on board for Edinburgh, then Hoyland and Brown may need to watch out for their places.

Graham is likely to become a faster and more skilful version of Hoyland in the not to distant future. He scored another wonder try for Hawick this weekend that he had no right to.

If you assume that there are two types of wing, small speedy ones and big bruisers, then unfortunately Tom Brown falls between the two camps, neither very big and powerful nor particularly skilful.

VDM and Farndale and Harries tick the big fast and powerful boxes and Fife is a reasonable mixture of both.

If everyone is fit and firing there is going to be an awful lot of competition for places and at the end of the season someone is going to miss out.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 05 Sep 2017, 3:17 pm

BigGee wrote:If the two sevens wings, Farndale and Fife do come on board for Edinburgh, then Hoyland and Brown may need to watch out for their places.

Graham is likely to become a faster and more skilful version of Hoyland in the not to distant future. He scored another wonder try for Hawick this weekend that he had no right to.

If you assume that there are two types of wing, small speedy ones and big bruisers, then unfortunately Tom Brown falls between the two camps, neither very big and powerful nor particularly skilful.

VDM and Farndale and Harries tick the big fast and powerful boxes and Fife is a reasonable mixture of both.

If everyone is fit and firing there is going to be an awful lot of competition for places and at the end of the season someone is going to miss out.

4:55 onwards - some terrible tackling but a great finish!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=330BZFoBY_8

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 05 Sep 2017, 3:55 pm

Dunno what the fuss is about Matawalu. He can go from Sublime to suicidal in a matter of minutes.

Price offers the pace, guile and delivery without the lunacy. Lunacy can win games but Niko can lose you games just as quick as he can win them.

Think he'll be played on the wing as opposed to Scrum Half?

RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 05 Sep 2017, 4:01 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Dunno what the fuss is about Matawalu. He can go from Sublime to suicidal in a matter of minutes.

Price offers the pace, guile and delivery without the lunacy. Lunacy can win games but Niko can lose you games just as quick as he can win them.

He will be a great bench option, either to chase down a bonus point or to get us back in the game. It is a bit of a role of the dice, but we easily forget what kind of an impact he made the last time. The fans love him and he will put bums on seats as well.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 05 Sep 2017, 7:42 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Dunno what the fuss is about Matawalu. He can go from Sublime to suicidal in a matter of minutes.

What games did he manage to lose for us exactly ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next