The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+22
I'm never wrong
navyblueshorts
westisbest
raycastleunited
pedro
NedB-H
McLaren
wiretapper
Be_the_ball
Roller_Coaster
super_realist
Davie
dynamark
JAS
1GrumpyGolfer
Mad for Chelsea
Plunky
Hibbz
puligny
SmithersJones
Shotrock
BlueCoverman
26 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 07 Jan 2018, 12:20 pm

Stoke have spent 10 years in the premier league, they are bottom 3 and dumped out the cup by coventry. The perspy is that they are an established prem team, hughes has them shipping goals, not scoring and being certainties for relegation. They have spent big money on wimmer who has struggled, imbula who is out on loan and berahino who cant score, bojan is well paid and on the bench for alaves. Stoke fans have perspective, hughes had no clues. Surprised he stayed this long.

My family are potters!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 07 Jan 2018, 12:33 pm

They need a dose of Mike Pejic and Dennis Smith in their back line, ben; they'd sort 'em out.

Difficult to know about Hughes, but when your players start to down tools the writing is on the wall. No backbone, especially when Shawcross is out. Johnson was another bust as well as most of Stoke's other recent purchases.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 07 Jan 2018, 12:52 pm

My in laws live next to an old stoke and vale player, he had a caretaker spell in the 80's and went coaching at stoke and wolves. Mates with pej and said how smithy wanted him as assistant when he went into management.

He has some stories though about playing with banks and against bobby moore on a mudbath at the vic.

Bet365 need to back whoeever the new manager us big time

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun 07 Jan 2018, 12:58 pm

I'm not sure any of the clubs outside the big 6 (maybe Everton at a push) can say they are established. Sunderland last year, Newcastle, Middlesbrough...all had good runs. Sooner or later though your time will come for a relegation fight. It's happened to Stoke this year. I'd be happy to see them go personally, can't remember a Stoke side I've enjoyed watching (sorry Ben).
How do you judge a manager like Hughes? He's clearly done a decent job elsewhere, hasn't worked for him here. What he's done in the past is shore up defences, this time it hasn't happened and the signings haven't clicked.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 07 Jan 2018, 1:05 pm

One thing for sure is there's a lot more teams that deserve to go down, it's a shame only 3 can.

No one can be surprised that Hughes has gone, on average close to 50% of Premiership managers are sacked every year. He's done well to hang on as long as he has.
Trouble for Stoke is that all the usual Red Adair managers are already in a job, although Pardew might not last too long.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun 07 Jan 2018, 6:39 pm

Arsenal 6th in the league, out of both domestic cups...weren't even in the Champions League...Ozil and Sanchez potentially going ...considering their respective clubs resources and expectations, has Wenger had a better season than Hughes?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 07 Jan 2018, 6:52 pm

Bet they win the europa league

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun 07 Jan 2018, 7:59 pm

Diggers wrote:Arsenal 6th in the league, out of both domestic cups...

It's not looking great for the gooners ... but I think you'll find they are still in the Runbelows cup or whatever it's called these days

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun 07 Jan 2018, 8:36 pm

Of course they are, my bad.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 08 Jan 2018, 2:39 pm

Super

Following on from our TOC chat on Kwini's thread I have decided to concede and fail to provide a defense for TOC. I see it as being a futile exercise given that you have played the course often enough to either understand its architectural features or not. What could I say that would suddenly have you change your mind about TOC?

Do not take this as me conceding the TOC isn't a great course it is just me realising that it would be a waste of time to try and persuade you of its merits for the umpteenth time.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 08 Jan 2018, 6:43 pm

I'd prefer if you provided a defence Mac.
To concede defeat appears to me to be an admission that you don't really know much about course "architecture". Think about it, it could be the first opportunity to actually inform of us something you genuinely know something about.

Seriously though, I am interested in what you think is so special about TOC. To me it's no better, no more imaginative, no more special than dozens of other links courses. IT doesn't have any features you wouldn't find on any links courses, so I'm at a bit of a loss to see why you get such a trouser rumble about it.

You've already admitted that the 1st hole is a bit of a dud, by deduction and by direct comparison, you can say the same for the 18th.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 09 Jan 2018, 10:47 am

It seems that TOC is like fit lady.

S.R being a cool mofo, gets to bang the fit lady on a regular basis, but this also means he picks up with the imperfections and gets a bit bored with her.

Others, who do not get the chance to bang her, and maybe spend time banging slightly more dishevelled ladies which are not as smooth and impressive looking, think she is a proper hottie, and would love to have a go on her or just dream of the chance.

The funny thing is that people a lot cooler than SR, proper playboys who occasionally get to have a go on her, rate her as one of the best bangs around, and they pretty much have their pick.

Last edited by beninho on Tue 09 Jan 2018, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 09 Jan 2018, 4:02 pm

beninho wrote:It seems that TOC is like fit lady.

S.R being a cool mofo, gets to bang the fit lady on a regular basis, but this also means he picks up with the imperfections and gets a bit bored with her.

Others, who do not get the chance to bang her, and maybe spend time banging slightly more dishevelled laddies which are not as smooth and impressive looking, think she is a proper hottie, and would love to have a go on her or just dream of the chance.

The funny thing is that people a lot cooler than SR, proper playboys who occasionally get to have a go on her, rate her as one of the best bangs around, and they pretty much have their pick.

This great analogy did make me laugh and I suppose it’s each to their own. Put a pretty well proportioned, well manicured, polite and eloquent lady beside a lusty eyed, kinky, fire-breathing wh*** and watch the male population divide when asked to choose.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 09 Jan 2018, 4:22 pm

JAS wrote:

Others, who do not get the chance to bang her, and maybe spend time banging slightly more dishevelled laddies which are not as smooth and impressive looking, think she is a proper hottie, and would love to have a go on her or just dream of the chance.

This great analogy did make me laugh and I suppose it’s each to their own. Put a pretty well proportioned, well manicured, polite and eloquent lady beside a lusty eyed, kinky, fire-breathing wh*** and watch the male population divide when asked to choose.

Depends how often your balls are lost in the rough I guess...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 09 Jan 2018, 5:49 pm

Yeah but you get some people that will take on the lusty, fire breathing wh*** with the full understanding that she will happily turn the tables on is being f*cked!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 09 Jan 2018, 6:48 pm

Others, who do not get the chance to bang her, and maybe spend time banging slightly more dishevelled ladies which are not as smooth and impressive looking, think she is a proper hottie, and would love to have a go on her or just dream of the chance.

Good analogy Beninho, although I think that many pro's are so scared to criticise it for fear of being thought of a heathen, gush over it far too much. It's like it's too sacred to criticise.

It's a bit like when you go and see a band and regardless of what venue you're at, the band always says it's their favourite venue, it's playing to the crowds, or in this case, who ever poses the question. They can't be seen to say anything other than it's amazing for fear of annoying the golfing authorities.

The fact it holds the most Open's and none of them have been interesting or rather had much drams sort of shows how ordinary a course it is.

I remember when Westwood was on here, he said he didn't rate it much.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Wed 10 Jan 2018, 11:15 am

One for Super. Need to update your figures on the amount of Americans who have a passport.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 10 Jan 2018, 1:20 pm

Always thought this was one of the all-time great interviews. Think the original lasted for longer though:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42634388

Bad few days for footie stalwarts . . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 10 Jan 2018, 3:59 pm

For those that may be interested i.e. if you fancy playing a week at Carnoustie just 7 weeks after the Open....The 2018 Tassie application goes online tonight at 7.00pm.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 10 Jan 2018, 9:56 pm

I'm never wrong wrote:One for Super. Need to update your figures on the amount of Americans who have a passport.

Good article, but 56% were to Mexico and Canada, countries they previously didn't require a passport for. So it's not like they've suddenly become world travellers.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 11 Jan 2018, 12:13 pm

super_realist wrote:
I'm never wrong wrote:One for Super. Need to update your figures on the amount of Americans who have a passport.

Good article, but 56% were to Mexico and Canada, countries they previously didn't require a passport for. So it's not like they've suddenly become world travellers.

It is a good article and it surprised me the number that now have passports but I can understand the post 9/11 leap when all of a sudden they needed passports for Mexico, Canada and the Caribbean.

The thing is though due to the sheer size and diversity of the U.S. there isn’t really as great a need for a passport as say the UK. Summer hols? Florida/California/Hawaii, Winter? Colorado, Montana etc.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 11 Jan 2018, 6:38 pm

We've heard this before JAS, yet people from Australia travel much more readily than those in America and they've got as many different climates as America have. You could even say other countries like France, Italy and Germany have great variety too.

I think Americans don't travel much for two main reasons.

1. They get bloody awful holiday entitlement to match their bloody awful employment law.

2. They believe the hype that the rest of the world is unsafe (and that America is #1, despite their country being more dangerous than any western democracy.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 11 Jan 2018, 7:35 pm

A lot of Aussies travel as kids, often become of access to a European passport. Can't say I've met many who get much beyond Bali as adults, which compares to an American heading for Mexico. Lots of booze cruises and clubbing.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 11 Jan 2018, 8:13 pm

Diggers wrote:A lot of Aussies travel as kids, often become of access to a European passport. Can't say I've met many who get much beyond Bali as adults, which compares to an American heading for Mexico. Lots of booze cruises and clubbing.

I work with quite a lot of the c***s.

It's certainly not just kids either. I met up with some Aussie mates in Finland and Norway a couple of years back, and we're going to Japan next year.
Places like Japan, Japan, Vietnam, Cambodia etc are full of them.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 11 Jan 2018, 9:02 pm

Cheap flights to Asia. I've also met stacks of yanks in the Phillipines and Thailand, it's crawling with them. Worked with a stack of Americans in London, nothing remotely unusual about finding Americans out of America. When I did my year travelling after uni it was all Americans, Aussies, Kiwis, Scandies and Saffers. You'd never meet a Spaniard or someone from France.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 11 Jan 2018, 10:38 pm

Not sure if anyone is watching the Miriam Margolyes US Roadtrip program. She's a funny old stick but it's good TV. Anyway, stat from the show: 1 in 20 Americans will spend time in prison, I've hardly ever met anyone who had been inside, 1 in 20 is just an incredible amount.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 12 Jan 2018, 7:59 am

Diggers, It's cheap flights out of the USA too, in fact, it's cheap flights everywhere.

It's a staggering statistic that 1 in 20 people go to Prison in the US, that's 15 million people who will go to jail at some time in their life.
I too have never met anyone who has been in jail. I knew someone who subsequently went to jail though.

It's like 3.35million Brits spending some time in jail, certainly we should probably have more people in jail, but that would be too much.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 12 Jan 2018, 11:11 am

Diggers wrote:Not sure if anyone is watching the Miriam Margolyes US Roadtrip program. She's a funny old stick but it's good TV. Anyway, stat from the show: 1 in 20 Americans will spend time in prison, I've hardly ever met anyone who had been inside,  1 in 20 is just an incredible amount.
Our US subsidiary is having a hard time filling low and medium skilled job openings as potential employees can't present a clean criminal record (which is required from our side).

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 12 Jan 2018, 11:12 am

JAS wrote:

What do courses look like in Essex?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 12 Jan 2018, 11:35 am

pedro wrote:
JAS wrote:

White stilettos as tee markers??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 12 Jan 2018, 12:44 pm

JAS wrote:
pedro wrote:
JAS wrote:

White stilettos as tee markers??

Escort XR3i buggies

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri 12 Jan 2018, 1:08 pm

You may mock but at least we are free from the fear of terrorist attack in Essex. They couldn't find enough virgins Laugh

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 12 Jan 2018, 6:10 pm

BlueCoverman wrote:You may mock but at least we are free from the fear of terrorist attack in Essex. They couldn't find enough virgins Laugh

Careful Blue, Mac will accuse you of Islamophobia if you aren't careful.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 12 Jan 2018, 8:38 pm

They don't want to travel to sh1thole countries.
Wouldn't call any of the places I've been sh1tholes, would happily go back to any/all of them.

Last edited by kwinigolfer on Sat 13 Jan 2018, 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 13 Jan 2018, 12:24 pm

Liverpool v City this weekend. If City lose this season then this could be the game. Kind of got draw written all over it for me though.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 13 Jan 2018, 4:57 pm

Another interesting afternoon for the teams near the bottom, another palace win, brighton dropping, huddersfield being humped by hammers, hotta fear for both teams in the long run. Watford sxrap a point and really dragged into it, maybe silva isn't tgat special.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 13 Jan 2018, 5:54 pm

Big win for Palace as sport have quite a tough run coming. Hard to see Stoke getting anything tomorrow so a bit of a buffer could build between a few clubs and the bottom 3.
Sunderland appalling today, have to hope Coleman can perform a miracle in the transfer window. When a 36 year old John OShea is your rock at the back, you know you're in trouble.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 13 Jan 2018, 7:03 pm

20 goals in the EPL for Kane again, that's 49 in the past 2 seasons in 52 games, the bloke is a machine.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 14 Jan 2018, 5:54 pm

The selling club are going to have a tough time living up to that performance. Fantastic game!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun 14 Jan 2018, 6:14 pm

City and Sterling minced by a team that lives in the past.
Should’ve sold Coutinho earlier.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun 14 Jan 2018, 6:33 pm

Only caught the last 35 mins...and 5 goals. That's why Liverpool could win the Champions League...or go out next round. They have the firepower to get at any team.
Silva (David) a big loss for City, apparently his new baby was premature and is very ill in hospital, hard to see football as important when you're in that situation.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 15 Jan 2018, 7:32 am

Is Klopp the new Keegan?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 15 Jan 2018, 7:41 am

I'm no fan of Trump, but people are completely stupid to say referring to a country as a s-hithole is racist.
It's not statesmanlike, but it's not racist. This "no platforming", synthetic outrage, right on Mac like,  student type reaction to anything a person says is plainly absurd.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 15 Jan 2018, 9:25 am

"He, who sees racism everywhere, he himself is a racist."
-Luke 6:41-42 - rephrased

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 15 Jan 2018, 10:00 am

Didn't he describe some white supremacists as "Very Good people"?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 15 Jan 2018, 10:33 am

super_realist wrote:I'm no fan of Trump, but people are completely stupid to say referring to a country as a s-hithole is racist.
It's not statesmanlike, but it's not racist. This "no platforming", synthetic outrage, right on Mac like,  student type reaction to anything a person says is plainly absurd.
Agree with this to some extent. The man's clearly quite happy making racially prejudicial statements and has a history of both doing so and associating himself with racists. Clearly, he would have said more than just the word 'sh!thole' in his diatribe.
I don't agree with the throwing around of terms like 'racist', but in this case I'll let my annoyance with it slide I think.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 15 Jan 2018, 11:10 am

navy, aren't you being prejudiced by using his past statements as basis for your verdict?

Why not focus on the actual matter? Is it incorrect that said countries are sh!tholes?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 15 Jan 2018, 11:21 am

Is it correct that they are shthole countries?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 15 Jan 2018, 12:08 pm

Paul Lambert to Stoke, the fans are fuming. I cant see what other options they had, after being turned down by three managers.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 15 Jan 2018, 12:32 pm

pedro wrote:navy, aren't you being prejudiced by using his past statements as basis for your verdict?

Why not focus on the actual matter? Is it incorrect that said countries are sh!tholes?
I'm using his past behaviour/comments as evidence to support the conjecture that he's a racist and he probably used racially discriminatory language in that meeting. It's not prejudicial when it's demonstrably true.

Whether those countries he referred to are, in reality, actual sh!tholes or not, he's an ar5ehole for using that and whatever other language he used in that meeting. Is he so damned stupid that he'd use language like that as POTUS and also about the nations from whom the U.S. has a history of drawing slave labour from? The man is a cretin or, probably worse, he is indeed a racist scumbag.
No matter though, his fan base will keep lapping it up. No matter that he's damaging the U.S. reputation for decades to come. No matter that his language gives justification for the bona fide cretins in the U.S. to express their hatreds a little more openly.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next