The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier Sports - will you be watching?

+34
Kingshu
Maine man
VinceWLB
ScarletSpiderman
Geen sport voor watjes
IanBru
No 7&1/2
Brendan
BigGee
SirJohnnyEnglish
Eejit
Irishhoneymonster
RDW
Welly
rodders
dogtooth
Cyril
EWT Spoons
RiscaGame
PhilBB
Luckless Pedestrian
Artful_Dodger
BamBam
XR
LordDowlais
Pot Hale
Pete330v2
No9
carpet baboon
RugbyFan100
CAInomore
marty2086
munkian
clivemcl
38 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Premier Sports - Are you signing up (already signed up?)

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 13 Vote_lcap67%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 13 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 12 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 13 Vote_lcap6%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 13 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 13 Vote_lcap27%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 13 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 13 Empty Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by clivemcl Mon 13 Aug - 11:56

First topic message reminder :

The channel is available on Sky and Virgin, but not BT.

The alternative is the app or the website to stream.

These two options however don't allow you to record games.

I'll be interested to see if they add every single game to their On Demand library, and how long after the game has aired will the on demand version be available.

Is anyone switching to Sky or Virgin simply for Premier Sports?

Last edited by clivemcl on Wed 15 Aug - 18:24; edited 2 times in total

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 13 Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by LordDowlais Thu 25 Oct - 15:13

Are there different prices for Premier sports depending on which country you live in ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 13 Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct - 15:14

You specifically said viewers across all platforms rugbyfan.
If you're moaning that companies charge different amounts in different countries it's the same.reasoning anyway. Unrealistic for private companies to balance out costs. They'll do what they want.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct - 15:16

No 7&1/2 wrote:You specifically said viewers across all platforms rugbyfan.

platforms.

being sky and virgin

If you're moaning that companies charge different amounts in different countries....

It is quite extraordinary how you are failing to grasp this. I'm actually laughing now. Have you been drinking?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 25 Oct - 15:16

RugbyFan100 wrote:
munkian wrote:

Hes not the brightest but I'm also confused to what you are actually on about ?

Ok It breaks down like this:

Premier Sports offers - A recordable channel on your tv service (2 x premier sports channels) plus access to the premier web player which gives you all premier sports channels live, plus access to the on demand content the last 7 days of pro 14 games.

This costs:

£9.99 with sky sports

£19.98 with Virgin Media

That, in my opinion isn't fair on Virgin Media customers. Fair do's to those that think it is.

That's going to be down to SKY and Virgin rather than PS though.

Virgin have never offered great value to their customers.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 25 Oct - 15:17

No 7&1/2 can you please explain what you are on about ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct - 15:17

munkian wrote:

That's going to be down to SKY and Virgin rather than PS though.

Virgin have never offered great value to their customers.

I'm sure it is yes. Doesn't really help the consumer though.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct - 15:17

Just get sky then. You're complaining about choice.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct - 15:18

No 7&1/2 wrote:Just get sky then. You're complaining about choice.

I can'#t get sky. I have no clear view to the satellite. And Premier sports doesn't appear to be on BT Sports.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct - 15:19

Lord, though rugbyfan was on about different platforms across all fans hence asking him. He's merely complaining there's a choice of how to access the coverage from 2 companies who charge differently. Up to them but presumably.more people will then go with the cheaper option. No big deal?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct - 15:20

You're just unlucky then rugbyfan.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct - 15:22

Does make me question why you said earlier you would prefer sky sports to get this contract rather than the bbc though as presumably you wouldn't be able to watch at all?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 25 Oct - 15:24

If another platform can charge twice the amount, then isn't that something ofcom need to deal with ?

For me, this is just another balls up with this decision to go with Premier sports, I am only hearing of complaints already. Also, whilst I cannot put the proof on here as you will all demand, but I am being told the viewing figures have dropped dramatically for the Pro14 in the UK. I would not be surprised if that is true.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 25 Oct - 15:30

LordDowlais wrote:If another platform can charge twice the amount, then isn't that something ofcom need to deal with ?

For me, this is just another balls up with this decision to go with Premier sports, I am only hearing of complaints already. Also, whilst I cannot put the proof on here as you will all demand, but I am being told the viewing figures have dropped dramatically for the Pro14 in the UK. I would not be surprised if that is true.

What the hell does that mean ?

And yeah, having all matches televised and knowing when and where they are on is awful. We should've gone with BT and just have half the games televised at twice the price...
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct - 15:30

Do they need to deal with it? Surely people will vote with their feet and virgin will lose out?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 25 Oct - 15:31

Except Virgin Media customers can get PremierSports for £9.99

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 25 Oct - 15:32

marty2086 wrote:Except Virgin Media customers can get PremierSports for £9.99

Anyone can get Prem sports if they use the player, playa
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct - 15:59

No 7&1/2 wrote:Does make me question why you said earlier you would prefer sky sports to get this contract rather than the bbc though as presumably you wouldn't be able to watch at all?

I can get sky sports on virgin

I would probably go to the pub or get it "by other means" if it went to either bt sport or sky sports. I just feel their coverage is better and they probably would result in more money for the clubs. But i guess that didnt happen anyway as they have bigger fish to fry so it's a moot point.

Last edited by RugbyFan100 on Thu 25 Oct - 16:00; edited 1 time in total

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 25 Oct - 16:00

munkian wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Except Virgin Media customers can get PremierSports for £9.99

Anyone can get Prem sports if they use the player, playa

I can dig that

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct - 16:00

"I am only hearing of complaints already"

I've heard a few small complaints (teething problems I'd call them), but mainly I've heard positives. And there's more free rugby on than there used to be. So I'm happy Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 25 Oct - 16:02

munkian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:If another platform can charge twice the amount, then isn't that something ofcom need to deal with ?

And yeah, having all matches televised and knowing when and where they are on is awful. We should've gone with BT and just have half the games televised at twice the price...

There's nothing wrong with Premier Sports coverage if you ask me, I have said before they do a decent job, and if anybody asked me I would tell them, it's just interest is not as high as it was before for the Pro14 in the UK.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct - 16:03

LordDowlais wrote:
munkian wrote:

There's nothing wrong with Premier Sports coverage if you ask me, I have said before they do a decent job, and if anybody asked me I would tell them, it's just interest is not as high as it was before for the Pro14 in the UK.

Tell that to the people who missed the first 30 mins of Scarlets v ospreys

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 25 Oct - 16:08

nope, it's called competition.

PS, RugbyFan, have you looked into seeing if you can stream prem sports through the interwebs? I'm sure you can view it on an amazon prime stick or other internat eneabled TV!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct - 16:10

tigertattie wrote:

nope, it's called competition.

PS, RugbyFan, have you looked into seeing if you can stream prem sports through the interwebs? I'm sure you can view it on an amazon prime stick or other internat eneabled TV!!!

I pay for prem sports on my tv. 9.99 per month.

It's the 7 day catch up facility that I would dearly love. So i can see all other matches online etc. But I'm not paying another 9.99 for it.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 25 Oct - 16:13

RugbyFan100 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
munkian wrote:

Tell that to the people who missed the first 30 mins of Scarlets v ospreys

Should have watched it live then Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct - 16:18

It just seems that pro 12 fans in uk and ireland have a fair bit of choice on what to watch and what to pay for. To me that's a good thing.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 25 Oct - 16:19

No 7&1/2 wrote:It just seems that pro 12 fans in uk and ireland have a fair bit of choice on what to watch and what to pay for. To me that's a good thing.

Pro 14 fans have far more.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct - 16:20

Ha. Sorry wrong name.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct - 16:21

No 7&1/2 wrote:It just seems that pro 12 fans in uk and ireland have a fair bit of choice on what to watch and what to pay for. To me that's a good thing.

2 schools of though isn't there.

Some GP fans say that not being on tv and with regular kick off times, increases crowds. We'll probably never know if this would help or hinder the pro14

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 25 Oct - 16:26

RugbyFan100 wrote:

Some GP fans say that not being on tv and with regular kick off times, increases crowds. We'll probably never know if this would help or hinder the pro14

Putting it out there that England having a population of 54 million helps with crowds more than BT being Poopie-house at showing games.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 25 Oct - 16:32

munkian wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Putting it out there that England having a population of 54 million helps with crowds more than BT being Poopie-house at showing games.

Sure every Ulster game was on BBC for free for years and full to nearly full houses for a good few years. All games on Premier, not one full house yet

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct - 16:33

munkian wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Ulster really should be selling out every game if you're going by that logic

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 25 Oct - 16:33

Never mind, top of the table clash this weekend, Ebbw Vale V Merthyr, I bet that will have more people watching it in Wales than any other game. Very Happy

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 25 Oct - 16:35

RugbyFan100 wrote:
munkian wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Ulster really should be selling out every game if you're  going by that logic

Ok, England having nearly 2 million registered players is probably more of a mitigating factor then. Ireland, by comparison have about 150,000.

You'd also need to get into average incomes and population centres and transport infrastructure but then England would top all those too.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct - 16:37

munkian wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
munkian wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Ulster really should be selling out every game if you're  going by that logic

Ok, England having nearly 2 million registered players is probably more of a mitigating factor then. Ireland, by comparison have about 150,000.

You'd also need to get into average incomes and population centres and transport infrastructure but then England would top all those too.

And stadium size. Makes .e laugh when people say 'stadium was only half full' with zero context over how big the stadium is in the first place.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 25 Oct - 16:38

Given Munkian thinks BT are being Poopie-house at showing GP games, I'm not convinced that RF's wish for BT to get the Pro14 contract would be very beneficial

I'm quite happy with BT's coverage of the Jeff tbh, they usually manage to show the pick of the weekend's games

RF - Virgin have been messing around for a while haven't they, do they have the UKTV channels back yet? They seem to be looking to pay less and less for their content so it doesn't surprise me that they're more expensive

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 25 Oct - 16:39

BamBam wrote:Given Munkian thinks BT are being Poopie-house at showing GP games, I'm not convinced that RF's wish for BT to get the Pro14 contract would be very beneficial

I'm quite happy with BT's coverage of the Jeff tbh, they usually manage to show the pick of the weekend's games

RF - Virgin have been messing around for a while haven't they, do they have the UKTV channels back yet? They seem to be looking to pay less and less for their content so it doesn't surprise me that they're more expensive

Was more of a dig at them being absolute helmets for not showing ANY Challenge cup games but, hey - its a much better comp now isn't it ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct - 16:40

BamBam wrote:

RF - Virgin have been messing around for a while haven't they, do they have the UKTV channels back yet?

I don't know. I don't watch that shyte.

Their broadband is great though.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Thu 25 Oct - 17:59

This thread is an absolute mess sometimes....

In terms of the AI another great offer from Premier Sports. The coverage of the Pro14 has been excellent thus far and I've thoroughly utilised the seven day catchup. I'm considering upping it to the premium as I missed Leinster Munster earlier in the month which looked a good game.

Between the tenner a month for Premier Sports and all the Scotland tests on the BBC that's a lot of rugby for the price of a round.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 25 Oct - 18:26

Eejit wrote:This thread is an absolute mess sometimes....

In terms of the AI another great offer from Premier Sports. The coverage of the Pro14 has been excellent thus far and I've thoroughly utilised the seven day catchup. I'm considering upping it to the premium as I missed Leinster Munster earlier in the month which looked a good game.

Between the tenner a month for Premier Sports and all the Scotland tests on the BBC that's a lot of rugby for the price of a round.

I agree, I think it has been cracking. I record 4 or 5 games per weekend and watch them at my leisure throughout the week, unless I am forewarned that they are crap matches.

I have wasted plenty of tenners on worse than a months rugby coverage on Premier!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 25 Oct - 18:53

RugbyFan100 wrote:
BamBam wrote:

RF - Virgin have been messing around for a while haven't they, do they have the UKTV channels back yet?

Wasn't trying to insult your taste in TV, just saying that they've been playing silly buggers on content for a while Laugh

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 26 Oct - 9:52

BamBam wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
BamBam wrote:

Wasn't trying to insult your taste in TV, just saying that they've been playing silly buggers on content for a while  Laugh

I dropped them when they dropped Sky Atlantic
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 26 Oct - 10:46

How's the midweek Pro14 shows on Prem Sports going? I don't watch them.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 26 Oct - 10:52

munkian wrote:
BamBam wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
BamBam wrote:

Wasn't trying to insult your taste in TV, just saying that they've been playing silly buggers on content for a while  Laugh

Did they ever have it? I used to work at Sky, they viewed Atlantic as one of their crown jewels and wouldn't let anyone have it at the time - saw it as one of the key reasons people would choose Sky over Virgin

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 26 Oct - 10:53

They are absolutely ding dong popular....a great success. Very interesting and informative stuff.............................. I don't watch them either Whistle

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 26 Oct - 11:05

BamBam wrote:
munkian wrote:
BamBam wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
BamBam wrote:

Did they ever have it? I used to work at Sky, they viewed Atlantic as one of their crown jewels and wouldn't let anyone have it at the time - saw it as one of the key reasons people would choose Sky over Virgin

I love (sarcastically) the way they try to mix up and confuse the whole Satellite Broadcasting market...kinda like the knowingly and needlessly complex Tax bands.  Sky Atlantic on Virgin - it's like asking for a Coke and being given a Pepsi.  It's all so gender fluid.... you can get anything on anything but like we're all still independent companies and stuff Whistle
There was a scare here a while back about spinach I think it was....some dodgy spinach infected with some germ or other.  Anyway.... shock/panic in the buying public.... which brand, which shops?   Well....................em,  loadsa different brands like from the one farm........  The basterdes!  My spinach cost me 42 euros and Aldi's down the road just cost 32cents!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 26 Oct - 11:42

Watch this space, but its going to get even worse when you hear what BT/Sky have been cooking up Laugh

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42364401

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 26 Oct - 11:49

Shocked Christ... I didn't realise how pertinent my rant was.
Mergers without the declaration of such, to keep the monopoly watchdogs from sussing out the bluff.

The world has certainly gone absolutely bat schidt crazy.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 26 Oct - 11:50

One day absolutely all companies the world over will be owned by One Company....

and its name will be?

Mickey Mouse.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Fri 26 Oct - 11:56

That's over a year ago - when we moved recently and had to give up Virgin I asked about adding BT Sport to Sky it was over £30 a month extra. I was told to hang on as in early 2019 Sky are supposedly reaching a new agreement with BT which will bring the price down considerably.
As an aside is any of you have moved house and had to change broadband/tv supplier as the old company didn't cover your new address keep an eye out for an OFCOM ruling which is due soon - someone has challenged Virgin charging them to leave because their new address is not supplied by Virgin - if they win all the companies will have to refund payments taken when a customer moves to an address they can't supply.

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 26 Oct - 12:11

SecretFly wrote:One day absolutely all companies the world over will be owned by One Company....

and its name will be?

Mickey Mouse.

You might not be far wrong there

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 13 Every-10

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next