The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier Sports - will you be watching?

+34
Kingshu
Maine man
VinceWLB
ScarletSpiderman
Geen sport voor watjes
IanBru
No 7&1/2
Brendan
BigGee
SirJohnnyEnglish
Eejit
Irishhoneymonster
RDW
Welly
rodders
dogtooth
Cyril
EWT Spoons
RiscaGame
PhilBB
Luckless Pedestrian
Artful_Dodger
BamBam
XR
LordDowlais
Pot Hale
Pete330v2
No9
carpet baboon
RugbyFan100
CAInomore
marty2086
munkian
clivemcl
38 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Premier Sports - Are you signing up (already signed up?)

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 12 Vote_lcap67%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 12 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 12 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 12 Vote_lcap6%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 12 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 12 Vote_lcap27%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 12 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 12 Empty Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by clivemcl Mon 13 Aug 2018, 11:56 am

First topic message reminder :

The channel is available on Sky and Virgin, but not BT.

The alternative is the app or the website to stream.

These two options however don't allow you to record games.

I'll be interested to see if they add every single game to their On Demand library, and how long after the game has aired will the on demand version be available.

Is anyone switching to Sky or Virgin simply for Premier Sports?

Last edited by clivemcl on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 12 Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 01 Oct 2018, 2:44 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Anyway, it looks as though the Welsh prem is going from strength to strength on BBC Wales. Osian Davies has pro clubs asking about him after seeing his performance on Friday night on the BBC.

I'm not saying it's not true Dowlais, but have you got any evidence for either of those things?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 12 Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by LordDowlais Mon 01 Oct 2018, 2:58 pm

marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Anyway, it looks as though the Welsh prem is going from strength to strength on BBC Wales. Osian Davies has pro clubs asking about him after seeing his performance on Friday night on the BBC.

People can now see the benefits of having this extra exposure.

Says a lot about the regions then that they only see players play if they are on BBC

Doesn't it just. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 01 Oct 2018, 3:00 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Anyway, it looks as though the Welsh prem is going from strength to strength on BBC Wales. Osian Davies has pro clubs asking about him after seeing his performance on Friday night on the BBC.

I'm not saying it's not true Dowlais, but have you got any evidence for either of those things?

It was the talk of the club on Saturday. Also, I know you do not like reading it, but here you are:-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/semi-professional-rugby-player-two-15219784

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 01 Oct 2018, 3:19 pm

Thanks, Dowlais. Unfortunately for him, the regions are well-stocked for opensides (except maybe the Scarlets through injury at the moment), but it's always good to know there's another contender.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 01 Oct 2018, 3:24 pm

Doesn't it show though, what the extra exposure will do ? Nobody was talking about the Welsh prem last season, but now, I am hearing more about it than ever. People are getting to see what is on offer.

OK, I know these games are not at the same level as the Pro14 games, but if you take them for what they are, the intensity between the teams is still there, and there are some decent players there as well.

The past two weeks there has been good games on BBC Wales from the Welsh prem.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Mon 01 Oct 2018, 3:26 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Ha true marty!
Is anyone honestly that's surprised that a professional league is looking for more money? You don't get many sporting events on terrestrial the days. Only the stuff protected by the government generally.

I've no issue about sports being on pay per view. But it's how many pay per views that's the issue. I brought this up 3 months ago and was told ...."cancel sky sports, as there's no Welsh rugby on that". Well that looks to be changing.

Maybe in 10 years there will be 12 channels we need to subscribe to that cost £190 per month.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 01 Oct 2018, 3:36 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Doesn't it show though, what the extra exposure will do ? Nobody was talking about the Welsh prem last season, but now, I am hearing more about it than ever. People are getting to see what is on offer.

Well not necessarily. There'll always be scouts at Premiership grounds, I'd have thought. (Not necessarily from English clubs.)

In this instance, it's possible that the club representative in question saw him on telly and got in touch, but it's also possible they already knew about him and happened to phone the day after the match.

The only thing you can say for certain is that the Premiership is getting more exposure. I don't think anyone objects to that.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Oct 2018, 3:46 pm

Yep, it might be good to expose some players.  But do the English sides and their coaches really have access to BBC2 Wales over in England?  It might be, as LP says, that they knew about him already.  Plenty of North Wales players have been picked up by sides such as Sale over the years without have the Welsh Prem shown live on TV.  So in Osian's case this might just be a happy coincidence.  

On the flip side, Nicky Thomas has just left the Dragons for Bristol - that has coincided with a) a move for the Pro14 away from Free to Air TV, b) him NOT playing at all this season for the Dragons, c) him NOT being on BBC 2 Wales and d) therefore him NOT being exposed to English coaches on the TV - so it's not necessarily TV exposure at play.  There are scouts out there doing their jobs regardless of TV.  They've  always been there and always will be.  TV might help a little, but they'll be there without TV too.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 01 Oct 2018, 3:55 pm

Still, it proves a point though. More people are now watching the Welsh Prem. We never had tongues wagging like this before.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 01 Oct 2018, 3:57 pm

Work harder, earn more, pay for the things you want watch/eat/visit etc

Seems to work for most

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 01 Oct 2018, 4:02 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Ha true marty!
Is anyone honestly that's surprised that a professional league is looking for more money? You don't get many sporting events on terrestrial the days. Only the stuff protected by the government generally.

I've no issue about sports being on pay per view. But it's how many pay per views that's the issue. I brought this up 3 months ago and was told ...."cancel sky sports, as there's no Welsh rugby on that". Well that looks to be changing.

Maybe in 10 years there will be 12 channels we need to subscribe to that cost £190 per month.

I'm pretty sure Geoff said something along those lines then added the caveat, if the AIs are on, you can subscribe for the month

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 01 Oct 2018, 4:06 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Still, it proves a point though. More people are now watching the Welsh Prem.

Again, I don't know if that's true. BBC Wales showed club games before the creation of the regions and maybe they had more viewers then.

I promise I'm not trying to be awkward.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 01 Oct 2018, 4:13 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Still, it proves a point though. More people are now watching the Welsh Prem.

Again, I don't know if that's true. BBC Wales showed club games before the creation of the regions and maybe they had more viewers then.

I promise I'm not trying to be awkward.

I reckon there were vastly more people watching, and attending games in Wales before the regions were created.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 01 Oct 2018, 4:18 pm

So you really should have said that fewer people are now watching the Welsh Prem. Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 01 Oct 2018, 4:35 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:So you really should have said that fewer people are now watching the Welsh Prem. Wink

More will now be watching it, now that it's being advertised on BBC Wales. OK

More people are now aware of it. Very Happy

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 01 Oct 2018, 4:41 pm

Didn't realise there were any pay per view games yo be honest rugby fan. I agree that's a bit of a micky take if that's the case.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 01 Oct 2018, 4:44 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:So you really should have said that fewer people are now watching the Welsh Prem. Wink

More will now be watching it, now that it's being advertised on BBC Wales. OK

More people are now aware of it. Very Happy

It's good. OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 01 Oct 2018, 5:35 pm

Not sure the viewing figures are translating to attendances for the prem.  I’ve heard talk of the Prem games at work, but from the same people who talked of the English prem after it was on channel 5 etc.  Most of the people I know who are talking about it are also talking about the game that was on free sports too.

(Also Premier Sports is good, their camera men have a back of picking me out in the crowd, so we’ll worth the monthly fee)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon 01 Oct 2018, 5:40 pm

SuperSport and Sky are both subscription channels. So are Premier Sports and Eir Sport.

TG4, S4C and FreeSports are FTA.

The only thing that’s changed is that BBC are not showing any games.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Mon 01 Oct 2018, 6:25 pm

It’s more likely that Osian Davies was spoken about, because Andy Powell tweeted about him. He should know how hard it is to transition to life as a pro anyway. There are numerous players who might look good at that level, that break down constantly when pushed further.

One of 46 players isn’t a good return (plus the other games previous), nor is it justification that Chum V is improving the players getting picked up. Did players not come through the welsh premiership before?

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Mon 01 Oct 2018, 7:12 pm

If it was as a result of Scrum V, I’m not sure why they messaged Lee Jarvis anyway. They would have seen that Nigel Davies was in charge, or even The Chief?

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Tue 02 Oct 2018, 5:20 pm

BBC Wales must do great TV. When they covered Pro14 the Welsh players were being hovered up by the richer leagues. So the WRU decided to bring players home and get rid of that great tv production so their players wouldn't look so good.

These same people have now made the Welsh Premiership and players look amazing to where players are moving to richer leagues. This will be the death of the Welsh Premiership mark my words.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue 16 Oct 2018, 3:30 pm

BBC Wales are getting a bit of stick, after they dubbed fake crowd noise onto a Welsh Premiership highlights video.

I’m not sure why they had to really. It’s pretty strange.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 1:54 pm

Premier and FreeSports airing a load of the AIs

Starting to look like even better value now

Premier Sports will show all France and Italy games of the autumn 2018 series as follows:
Ireland v Italy, Saturday 3rd November, Soldier Field, Chicago, USA (on air 7.30pm)
Italy v Georgia, Saturday 10th November, KO 2pm, Stadio Artemio Franchi, Florence
France v South Africa, Saturday 10th November, KO 7.45pm, Stade de France, Paris
Italy v Australia, Saturday 17th November, KO 2pm, Stadio Euganeo, Padua
France v Argentina, Saturday 17th November, KO 7.45pm, Stade Pierre- Mauroy, Lille
Italy v New Zealand, Saturday 24th November, KO 2pm, Stadio Olympico, Rome
France vs Fiji, Saturday 24th November, KO 7.45PM, Stade de France, Paris

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:04 pm

It's been a disaster.

The first half an hour of the Scarlets v Ospreys match wasn't broadcast on premier player due to a technical fault.

I'm still paying £19.98 per month for both the premier player and the tv package, because they claim they didn't receive my cancellation of the player.

And there is still no Premier Sports 2 in HD. Despite the initial press release claim:

The agreement from the 2018-19 season means supporters in the UK, including Northern Ireland, can experience the Guinness PRO14 like never before with all 152 games broadcast in High Definition on Premier Sports HD, with no less than 21 games (one per round) shown live Free-To-Air on FreeSports.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:08 pm

Petition the bbc to get all the rugby you'd like to watch?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:14 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Petition the bbc to get all the rugby you'd like to watch?

Sky sports or BT Sports would be better.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:18 pm

Not if you want to get away from paying extra.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:21 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Not if you want to get away from paying extra.

Well no. I'm perfectly happy paying extra - as long as it's a fair rate across the board.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:29 pm

Ie Italians will pay the same as Scots?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:38 pm

eh?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:38 pm

Do you mean a fair rate of pay across all fans or something else?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:42 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Do you mean a fair rate of pay across all fans or something else?

A fair monthly subscription cost for viewers - across all platforms.

That is currently not the case with Premier Sports. Which I find pretty disgraceful.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:45 pm

So you do want Scots to pay the same as Italians etc. Not sure if that's realistic to be honest.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:51 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Do you mean a fair rate of pay across all fans or something else?

That is currently not the case with Premier Sports. Which I find pretty disgraceful.

Why ? I doubt everyone pays the same to watch SKY, BT etc across the world.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:52 pm

People don't even pat the same for sky sports across England.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:54 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:People don't even pat the same for sky sports across England.

But it's the same ballpark. Which is fair.

Paying double. Is not.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:55 pm

munkian wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Why ? I doubt everyone pays the same to watch SKY, BT etc across the world.

Because paying double for the exact same service my next door neighbour gets isn't right.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:56 pm

Is your next door neighbour Scottish or Italian ? Or a project player ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:58 pm

As I've said it's not realistic to set the same price even ball park for Italians and Scots etc.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:59 pm

munkian wrote:Is your next door neighbour Scottish or Italian ? Or a project player ?

No.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 3:00 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:As I've said it's not realistic to set the same price even ball park for Italians and Scots etc.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 3:02 pm

It's a reply to your wishlist. It's not realistic for Italians to pay the same ball park rate as Scots. So many factors come into place.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 25 Oct 2018, 3:04 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:As I've said it's not realistic to set the same price even ball park for Italians and Scots etc.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I've got it, he's the person that leaves the little mad face on EVERY Premier Sports post...
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 3:05 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:It's a reply to your wishlist. It's not realistic for Italians to pay the same ball park rate as Scots. So many factors come into place.

But Italian people live in Italy and Scottish people live in Scotland. They don't even have the same broadcaster showing the games. So I am at a loss as to why you have even begun to think that is relevant. What the hell are you on about?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 3:07 pm

So when you said same ball park rate for fans.you didn't mean all fans you meant who?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 25 Oct 2018, 3:10 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:It's a reply to your wishlist. It's not realistic for Italians to pay the same ball park rate as Scots. So many factors come into place.

But Italian people live in Italy and Scottish people live in Scotland. They don't even have the same broadcaster showing the games. So I am at a loss as to why you have even begun to think that is relevant. What the hell are you on about?

Hes not the brightest but I'm also confused to what you are actually on about ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 3:11 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:So when you said same ball park rate for fans.you didn't mean all fans you meant who?

I don't know what that means sorry.

This thread is concerned with the Premier Sports television service. So if we are talking about prices and viewers etc - it's a fair guess that we'll be talking about prices of premier sports and viewers of premier sports.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 3:12 pm

Not very nice munkian. Thought we'd put the past and your comments about lawes behind us.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 3:12 pm

munkian wrote:

Hes not the brightest but I'm also confused to what you are actually on about ?

Ok It breaks down like this:

Premier Sports offers - A recordable channel on your tv service (2 x premier sports channels) plus access to the premier web player which gives you all premier sports channels live, plus access to the on demand content the last 7 days of pro 14 games.

This costs:

£9.99 with sky sports

£19.98 with Virgin Media

That, in my opinion isn't fair on Virgin Media customers. Fair do's to those that think it is.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next