The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier Sports - will you be watching?

+34
Kingshu
Maine man
VinceWLB
ScarletSpiderman
Geen sport voor watjes
IanBru
No 7&1/2
Brendan
BigGee
SirJohnnyEnglish
Eejit
Irishhoneymonster
RDW
Welly
rodders
dogtooth
Cyril
EWT Spoons
RiscaGame
PhilBB
Luckless Pedestrian
Artful_Dodger
BamBam
XR
LordDowlais
Pot Hale
Pete330v2
No9
carpet baboon
RugbyFan100
CAInomore
marty2086
munkian
clivemcl
38 posters

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Premier Sports - Are you signing up (already signed up?)

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 11 Vote_lcap67%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 11 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 12 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 11 Vote_lcap6%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 11 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 11 Vote_lcap27%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 11 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 11 Empty Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by clivemcl Mon 13 Aug 2018, 11:56 am

First topic message reminder :

The channel is available on Sky and Virgin, but not BT.

The alternative is the app or the website to stream.

These two options however don't allow you to record games.

I'll be interested to see if they add every single game to their On Demand library, and how long after the game has aired will the on demand version be available.

Is anyone switching to Sky or Virgin simply for Premier Sports?

Last edited by clivemcl on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 11 Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by RiscaGame Fri 14 Sep 2018, 8:45 pm

I have seen a few people complain about the rather one sided commentary in the Munster v Ospreys game.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 11 Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 14 Sep 2018, 9:03 pm

RiscaGame wrote:I have seen a few people complain about the rather one sided commentary in the Munster v Ospreys game.

I think the Ospreys have had one opportunity (which they scored). Pretty difficult to talk up the Ospreys given the score. On that note, what the hell was Allen Clarke thinking sending this team to Munster?

You can say he treated it as a lost cause and wants to manage his squad across the season, but for goodness sake they are two from two so far, playing well and high in confidence and are now on the end of a 50 point pasting. Clarke wasn't rated at Ulster at all, perhaps starting to see why.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 14 Sep 2018, 9:21 pm

I don’t get why they’ve thrown this game. I know Dragons do it, when they’re targeting home games (before this season), but I don’t know who Ospreys have coming up.

Have since read Premier Sports acknowledging the “one sided commentary” via Simon Thomas’ Twitter page again. The way they take feedback is brilliant. Be interesting to see what they’re like next season, given that teething problems are to be expected.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 14 Sep 2018, 9:36 pm

RiscaGame wrote:I don’t get why they’ve thrown this game. I know Dragons do it, when they’re targeting home games (before this season), but I don’t know who Ospreys have coming up.

Have since read Premier Sports acknowledging the “one sided commentary” via Simon Thomas’ Twitter page again. The way they take feedback is brilliant. Be interesting to see what they’re like next season, given that teething problems are to be expected.

Liam Toland is a great writing analyst. He shouldn’t be let near a microphone for a game involving an Irish team. His co-commentary on the NZ v Ireland match in Chicago was cringeworthy.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 14 Sep 2018, 9:43 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:I don’t get why they’ve thrown this game. I know Dragons do it, when they’re targeting home games (before this season), but I don’t know who Ospreys have coming up.

Liam Toland is a great writing analyst. He shouldn’t be let near a microphone for a game involving an Irish team.  His co-commentary on the NZ v Ireland match in Chicago was cringeworthy.  

Yeh, get the impression he'd be good with a pen, but he tries to carry that eloquence into commentary and it's just a bit cringe.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sat 15 Sep 2018, 12:40 am

What do you expect from a limerick man who went rogue and crossed over to the dark side.

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 15 Sep 2018, 8:18 am

Putting the old conspiracy hat on, two welsh teams have pretty much thrown games in Ireland, giving the opposition a huge pts difference, and both have the same nationality coach Run

But seriously I guess it’s a case of win your home games and contestable away games and th n rest up in ones they can’t win. And Munster away is generally a no win match.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 15 Sep 2018, 9:34 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Putting the old conspiracy hat on, two welsh teams have pretty much thrown games in Ireland, giving the opposition a huge pts difference, and both have the same nationality coach Run

But seriously I guess it’s a case of win your home games and contestable away games and th n rest up in ones they can’t win.  And Munster away is generally a no win match.

Wouldn't you want to put your best side out against a rival of the same conference?

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 15 Sep 2018, 12:18 pm

Vince personally yes. However I can see some logic in it, in the top 3 is all that matters, Glasgow, Munster and one other. If the Ospreys lose away in a game they’d probably struggle with a full team (that’s slready picking uplong term knocks) then they’ll be fresher for games they can win at home. Losing by 8, or losing by 80 has no real baring on their playoff aims, but if it means they can pick up 2 or 3 bps I’m home wins that they might not have, due to being fresher, it’s a net gain in the table.

Personally I don’t like it, but I can see the logic.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 15 Sep 2018, 5:32 pm

Lack of enthusiasm from commentators after Benetton just scored a great try is.. weird.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2018, 5:40 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Lack of enthusiasm from commentators after Benetton just scored a great try is.. weird.

S4C?

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 15 Sep 2018, 5:53 pm

The Oracle wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:Lack of enthusiasm from commentators after Benetton just scored a great try is.. weird.

S4C?

No, Premier sports 1. Not sure who the commentators are as i just caught up with the game.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2018, 6:00 pm

VinceWLB wrote:
The Oracle wrote:

S4C?

No, Premier sports 1. Not sure who the commentators are as i just caught up with the game.

Ah ok. I can imagine it happening on S4C but you’d think Premier sports would be a bit more impartial (or direct the commentators to be so).

Back to top Go down

Post by Maine man Sat 15 Sep 2018, 6:07 pm

Did the Leinster Dragons match just have an advert during the game?

Maine man

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 15 Sep 2018, 6:09 pm

The Oracle wrote:Ah ok. I can imagine it happening on S4C but you’d think Premier sports would be a bit more impartial (or direct the commentators to be so).

Wish they showed more passion with the game, they were only a bit more enthusiastic when Scarlets scored their 3rd try.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 15 Sep 2018, 6:11 pm

Maine man wrote:Did the Leinster Dragons match just have an advert during the game?

Yep, clock in the red at the end of the first half. They went to ads whilst scrum was being set. Fortunately had returned before the put in.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 15 Sep 2018, 6:16 pm

The ads are better than the game at times.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 15 Sep 2018, 6:32 pm

Benetton leading 26-14 away against Scarlets and playing with 13 men after a yellow card and red card. Not bad going.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Sat 15 Sep 2018, 6:36 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Benetton leading 26-14 away against Scarlets and playing with 13 men after a yellow card and red card.  Not bad going.

What was the red for, are they the real deal if they win this. As in playoff contenders

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 15 Sep 2018, 6:40 pm

Brendan wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Benetton leading 26-14 away against Scarlets and playing with 13 men after a yellow card and red card.  Not bad going.

What was the red for, are they the real deal if they win this. As in playoff contenders

No idea. They were leading 14-12 before the red card. Then went 17-14 behind and now have scored twice to get the TBP and then got a man in the bin. Doing it the hard way if they manage to win.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Sat 15 Sep 2018, 7:19 pm

38 - 29 Scarlets, try at the very end to secure it. If Beniton keep this up that 3rd spot will be a fight

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 15 Sep 2018, 7:23 pm

Brendan wrote:38 - 29 Scarlets, try at the very end to secure it.  If Beniton keep this up that 3rd spot will be a fight

They rotated a bit too. They definitely are carrying on from last season form.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 15 Sep 2018, 9:46 pm

Meanwhile, crazy scenes in Parma with Zebre coming back from 21 nil down to beat the Blues! Amazing comeback from them.

John Mulvihill must be thinking he is the most unlucky coach in rugby, that's now the third time in a row his team conceded a try beyond the 78th minute to lose the game.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 15 Sep 2018, 9:50 pm

Yep, great stuff from Zebre. Both Italian sides doing well.

The Blues have gone from a 1 point loss against Leinster which they should have win, to three losses in the first three games. Perhaps not "their year" already.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Sat 15 Sep 2018, 10:05 pm

Zebra and Benetton both 3rd who'd have thought?
Actaully have been thing the odds on Benetton were to high got them at 15-1 they should have been a lot lower.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Sat 15 Sep 2018, 10:26 pm

Blues really are heading into mental territory, where if they lose at the end. If the lose the next game you would start to think they have a mental block.

At lease they have picked up points in each game

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2018, 10:31 pm

Blues were 21-0 up after 12 minutes. To only score 3 points in the remaining 68 mins+ was pretty poor, although obviously hats off to Zebre for turning it round. But almost looks, on the face of it, like Blues just stopped playing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 15 Sep 2018, 10:41 pm

Is John Mulvihill Irish as well?   The IQ Rugby conspiracy programme seems to be working well.

Last edited by Pot Hale on Sat 15 Sep 2018, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Sat 15 Sep 2018, 10:41 pm

The big question is will the improved Italians teams translate into the national team?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 15 Sep 2018, 10:53 pm

Kingshu wrote:The big question is will the improved Italians teams translate into the national team?

Yep - that is the key question. I don’t see why not if all three are working together and I think that’s what O’Shea is driving along with Aboud on the academy/development side.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun 16 Sep 2018, 12:17 am

The Oracle wrote:But almost looks, on the face of it, like Blues just stopped playing.

I disagree, Blues pushed very hard to get a TBP before half time. 2nd half it was a completely different, fired up Zebre side with Blues starting to tire a bit.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Sep 2018, 7:28 am

Pot Hale wrote:Is John Mulvihill Irish as well?   The IQ Rugby conspiracy programme seems to be working well.

Nah, he’s an Aussie.

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Wed 26 Sep 2018, 6:16 pm

picard

@PremierSportsTV
Following Following @PremierSportsTV

Unfortunately, @martynewilliams and @bernardjackman will not be on the live show tonight due to a @Ryanair delayed flight.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Sep 2018, 7:05 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:picard

@PremierSportsTV

Unfortunately, @martynewilliams and @bernardjackman will not be on the live show tonight due to a @Ryanair delayed flight.  

No doubt you blame the Pro14 or Premier Sports for that picard

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Wed 26 Sep 2018, 8:52 pm

The Oracle wrote:

@PremierSportsTV

Obviously it is an Irish conspiracy as an Irish airline was involved. It's not like Ryanair is based in Dublin, oh wait, never mind it must be true
Tumbleweed

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 27 Sep 2018, 9:09 am

Brendan wrote:
The Oracle wrote:

@PremierSportsTV

Obviously it is an Irish conspiracy as an Irish airline was involved. It's not like Ryanair is based in Dublin, oh wait, never mind it must be true
Tumbleweed

Hold your horses. Nobody mentioned a conspiracy.

It's just funny. The live show just doesn't seem to be working.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 27 Sep 2018, 9:37 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Brendan wrote:
The Oracle wrote:

@PremierSportsTV

Tumbleweed

Because two of the guests didn't make it to the studio? Erm

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 27 Sep 2018, 9:38 am

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Brendan wrote:
The Oracle wrote:

@PremierSportsTV

Tumbleweed

Well yeah. The logistics aren't really helping. A bit like the league they're covering.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 27 Sep 2018, 9:41 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Brendan wrote:
The Oracle wrote:

@PremierSportsTV

Tumbleweed

Well yeah. The logistics aren't really helping. A bit like the league they're covering.

Except I've seen programs like Skys football and Match of the Day have issues with guests not being able to make it to the studio. These things happen, it's unfortunate. They made it work and EOS was a more than adept analyst

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Mon 01 Oct 2018, 2:22 pm

Oooof. It's getting very expensive if you follow Welsh rugby. That's at least 3 x subscriptions needed now.

@WalesRugby

Sky Sports set to snatch rights to Wales' autumn international matches in further body blow to the BBC

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 01 Oct 2018, 2:26 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:Oooof. It's getting very expensive if you follow Welsh rugby. That's at least 3 x subscriptions needed now.

@WalesRugby

Sky Sports set to snatch rights to Wales' autumn international matches in further body blow to the BBC

Sure according to LD everyone in Wales already has Sky Sports for the football so they're sorted

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 01 Oct 2018, 2:26 pm

Pay for a month if you're only after the AIs.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 01 Oct 2018, 2:27 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Pay for a month if you're only after the AIs.

Can't you get one Sky Sports channel for something like £12?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 01 Oct 2018, 2:28 pm

Not all the AI's will be on SKY.

Anyway the current deal is until 2020.

Last edited by LordDowlais on Mon 01 Oct 2018, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Mon 01 Oct 2018, 2:30 pm

Anybody know the absolute cheapest cost in the UK of getting the 3 channels required to watch all the Welsh pro rugby, legally?

BT Sports
SKY Sports
Premier sports

?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 01 Oct 2018, 2:31 pm

Pub for free. Nurse a coke.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 01 Oct 2018, 2:34 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Pub for free. Nurse a coke.

So about £3 for the coke just then? Stand in Currys and watch it OK

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 01 Oct 2018, 2:35 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:Anybody know the absolute cheapest cost in the UK of getting the 3 channels required to watch all the Welsh pro rugby, legally?

BT Sports
SKY Sports
Premier sports

?

It's ridiculous isn't it ?

Anyway, it looks as though the Welsh prem is going from strength to strength on BBC Wales. Osian Davies has pro clubs asking about him after seeing his performance on Friday night on the BBC.

People can now see the benefits of having this extra exposure.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 01 Oct 2018, 2:37 pm

Ha true marty!
Is anyone honestly that's surprised that a professional league is looking for more money? You don't get many sporting events on terrestrial the days. Only the stuff protected by the government generally.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 01 Oct 2018, 2:38 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Anyway, it looks as though the Welsh prem is going from strength to strength on BBC Wales. Osian Davies has pro clubs asking about him after seeing his performance on Friday night on the BBC.

People can now see the benefits of having this extra exposure.

Says a lot about the regions then that they only see players play if they are on BBC

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next