The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIFA Challenge League Homepage I

+14
nadeem2099
Fluxy
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
Take a boo
Marky
$ka
TwisT
Hero
Azzy
Trebs
Good Golly I'm Olly
BamBam
Afro
18 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

FIFA Challenge League Homepage I - Page 2 Empty FIFA Challenge League Homepage I

Post by Afro Mon 22 Oct 2018 - 15:00

First topic message reminder :

Welcome  to the FIFA Challenge League

Game uses FIFA 19 version as at 30/10/2018

This Week's Fixtures:

Links

https://www.twitch.tv/hero606v2

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rzMxThEbVCIiOq_gKOmMqH7WgcsIpYxleuPOWIzg-4Q/edit?usp=sharing

Team_________Manager
Bury_________$ka
Cambridge Utd_________Dolph
Carlisle United_________Fluxy
Cheltenham Town_________Twist
Colchester_________Azzy
Crawley Town_________Marky
Crewe Alexandra_________Nads
Exeter City_________Trebs
Forest Green_________TAB
Grimsby Town_________Fernando
Lincoln City_________Bam
Macclesfield_________Hero
Mansfield Town_________Rof
MK Dons_________Olly
Morecambe_________Afro
Newport County_________Sodhat

Matches_________Transfers_________Other
Fixtures_________Lawyers_________Rules
Table_________Foreigns_________Press Conferences
Injuries_________Releases_________
Tactics_________Confirmation_________
Results__________________
Cards__________________

Last edited by Afro on Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 18:15; edited 28 times in total
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

FIFA Challenge League Homepage I - Page 2 Empty Re: FIFA Challenge League Homepage I

Post by Afro Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 10:27

Renege wrote:What teams are left and I’ll get looking at who has the prettiest strip

Requested teams are in the spoiler on here Rof

https://www.606v2.com/t68076-fifa-19-reboot

You can go for one of the teams already requested, but it will then be the luck of the draw whether you or the other manager gets them
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

FIFA Challenge League Homepage I - Page 2 Empty Re: FIFA Challenge League Homepage I

Post by Trebs Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 10:29

Afro wrote:The one advantage I can see with the value is the removal of the zero values, and assigning a value to include potential. But I also don't think it is quite so easy to get to a list of FIFA values. I had to go into individual players to see their value.

I think if we had access to values as quickly and easily as it is on TM, then it might get more support

I don't see the others as major advantages tbh, as I don't think they are really problems in the first place.

If that's the view then what if you said any player at 0 value is sold at FIFA value? That would certainly be a big improvement.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 10:36

Mansfield Town I’ll go with then

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 10:39

Trebs wrote:
Afro wrote:The one advantage I can see with the value is the removal of the zero values, and assigning a value to include potential. But I also don't think it is quite so easy to get to a list of FIFA values. I had to go into individual players to see their value.

I think if we had access to values as quickly and easily as it is on TM, then it might get more support

I don't see the others as major advantages tbh, as I don't think they are really problems in the first place.

If that's the view then what if you said any player at 0 value is sold at FIFA value? That would certainly be a big improvement.

Could work - what does everyone think?

If a player has no value on TM, then FIFA valuation gets used instead. As most of the players with no value are the up and coming youngsters, its acts almost as a development fee. Would stop the issue of everyone just heading for the zero value players straight up.

I am in support of this
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 10:40

Afro wrote:
Trebs wrote:

Could work - what does everyone think?

If a player has no value on TM, then FIFA valuation gets used instead. As most of the players with no value are the up and coming youngsters, its acts almost as a development fee. Would stop the issue of everyone just heading for the zero value players straight up.

I am in support of this

Seems like a decent idea to me - do we have an easy link to where we can find Fifa values in case this comes up
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 10:45

The one I just tried had the value in Euros - Trebs, have you got a good link we can use
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 10:58

Think it would be useful to have an agreed central site to check FIFA ratings/values as they do appear to differ slightly depending on where you look

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 11:03

I use sofifa myself, which has the values and various search options. Some prefer FUTBIN and others which is also acceptable.

I'll check on the euros and pounds

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 11:09

I just don’t see the need for pushing Fifa values. Angel Gomes is zero on tm and 1.4m euros on sofifa. If there’s that much discrepancy between the two it makes little sense to use fifa values for frees, as no one would sign them. Could just as easily assign a minimum value to freebies like 100/200k or whatever.

I think it adds to the game having differences between fifa ratings and tm values

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 11:10

Minimum fee for £0 value is a good idea. I'd support that over the FIFA values

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 11:13

So I just looked at the same player on sofifa and FUTBIN, one had him listed as 74 rated, the other 70.

On the basis there's a ratings cap its probably best to use just one so we're all on the same page. I like the fact that TM values are used and agree with the minimum fee for £0 value players idea

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 11:19

Take a boo wrote:So I just looked at the same player on sofifa and FUTBIN, one had him listed as 74 rated, the other 70.

On the basis there's a ratings cap its probably best to use just one so we're all on the same page. I like the fact that TM values are used and agree with the minimum fee for £0 value players idea

How can that be? I thought fifa rating was fifa rating. I don't play it a lot myself but thought the same player would only have a different rating if it was a particular card for UT?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 11:27

Is it different versions of FIFA i.e. 18 v 19
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 11:31

I'm going to have to shoot off as my son is not well, so I'll leave you to sort whether we use a fixed value for players without a TM value or the FIFA one. I would suggest that as it is a change from the agreed approach we would need the majority to be in favour. It doesn't seem that way, so setting the minimum value makes sense.

And if you think its time to allocate the rest of the teams, then go for it Ok!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 11:33

It's a separate issue to values.

There's different player ratings- need to ignore Ultimate Team and International ones. It does bring up a question of how often they'll be updated in game though.

We all need to agree one definitive site to use (my vote would be sofifa) and stick to it

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 11:37

TwisT wrote:
Take a boo wrote:So I just looked at the same player on sofifa and FUTBIN, one had him listed as 74 rated, the other 70.

How can that be? I thought fifa rating was fifa rating. I don't play it a lot myself but thought the same player would only have a different rating if it was a particular card for UT?

Can only assume its to do with a ratings update, sofifa appears to be the most up to date so maybe best to use that one

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 11:38

Piatek is the player in question if you'd like to double check, I could be wrong of course

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 11:46

SoFIFA uses the most up to date ratings.

On the top left, you can look back to see how a player's ratings have changed since the game was released. The Sept 20 ratings show Piatek as 70 rated, and the Oct 22 update shows him as 74 rated

Hero will need to clarify which we're using

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 11:48

Take a boo wrote:Piatek is the player in question if you'd like to double check, I could be wrong of course

He's over £1m anyway so wouldn't be able to get him Ok! Plus he'd get upgraded before you'd ever raise enough money i reckon.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 11:53

I propose using a £200k minimum value for players with a £0 value on TM - based on the average value for League 1 players (thanks Afro)

Afro wrote:Right average League 1 player value is £214k. Take Sunderland out of the equation, given they really skew the numbers, and the average valuation is £179k. As this is the level above ours, we should use this as the guide for budgets etc.

Can we agree on this? At lunchtime I'll allocate out the remaining teams to those who haven't expressed a preference

Is midnight Thursday realistic for the first round of draft bids to be made? I'm happy to collate them if no one else wants to. I'll send mine to Afro / Hero before opening anyone else's so I won't have any advantage

Are we also in agreement that the squads on FIFA are what we use for the starting squads? Regardless of what TM says

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:01

£200k for £0 TM-rated players = agreed

Thursday midnight for bids to Bammers = agreed

FIFA starting squads = agreed

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:02

Twist has also agreed

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:03

Disagree

Some players are less than £200k, are they now £200k minimum?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:05

No, just the £0 rated players are being given a fee

If someone is less than £200k, that is their fee

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:05

Then I agree.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:06

Personally I'm against using an extra site for finding costs for players, TM is tried and tested, everyone is in the same boat so it doesn't give an advantage to anyone. I'm not averse to those with a £0 value having a minimum fee. Based upon the money coming in being quite minimal I'd say £200k is a reasonable amount. The likes of Angel Gomes keeps being used as an example in the thinking he's going to be a megastar etc, he's still a massive risk, isn't going to get any game time over this year at Utd so for anyone it's a long term investment.

Agree on using Fifa squads over TM squads initially. Otherwise there may be players in squads that simply aren't in the game that have come in from a non league club.

I'm happy to push for Thursday night for drafts.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:07

Being devils advocate on this but why should a zero cost player now cost more than a 190k player?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:12

So does having Lincoln give a big advantage over the lowest rated squad?

I know Twist said he’d look good forewarning, and I’ll need it too as I’m sleeping from midday of your lives.

Plus some sort of explanation and a hint or two about what I’m doing OK

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:12

Hero wrote:Being devils advocate on this but why should a zero cost player now cost more than a 190k player?

My thinking is that £190k player has been assessed by TM and they think that is his worth.

A £0 rated player may be new to TM, or just have broken through the academy - see someone like Scott McTominay last year, when TM got round to doing their update, he was automatically increased in price to a number above £190k

In all likelihood, the only £0 valued players we're going to be interested in are those who have the potential to be future gems - I can't imagine a 30 year old player with a £0 value has a high FIFA rating or the potential for future TM increases, so the "development fee" kinda fits

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:12

I think it's to stop people snapping up Barca B or Real Madrid Castilla players for £0 isn't it?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:16

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:So does having Lincoln give a big advantage over the lowest rated squad?

I know Twist said he’d look good forewarning, and I’ll need it too as I’m sleeping from midday of your lives.

Plus some sort of explanation and a hint or two about what I’m doing OK

Not really, but like I said I'm happy to give them up if someone else especially wants them

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:16

Because you have to draw the line somewhere!

Most zero value players are youngsters, so it acts as a fixed development fee.

On the different FIFA ratings, it needs to be one that mirrors what Hero's FIFA says. In terms of version, it won't get updated with the different versions within the year (i.e. it will be FIFA 19 at a fixed point, and not have the upgrades applied. The only upgrade will be when we move to FIFA 20). The reason for this is that applying the version update resets all the teams and Hero has to go back in and move all the players about again.

We will know which version is used and I will add it on the Homepage so everyone knows which one we are using.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:18

Can we say Friday for draft? I am busy the next few nights so will struggle to do thursday
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:20

Bury - $ka
Cambridge Utd - Dolph

Carlisle United
Cheltenham Town - Twist
Colchester - Azzy
Crawley Town - Marky

Crewe Alexandra
Exeter City - Trebs
Forest Green - TAB

Grimsby Town
Lincoln City - Bam
Macclesfield - Hero
Mansfield Town - Rof
MK Dons - Olly

Morecambe
Newport County

Last call for team requests - Afro, Fluxy, Nads, Sodhat, and Nando the only ones not to express a preference

Will be randomly allocating at 1pm

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:20

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Can we say Friday for draft? I am busy the next few nights so will struggle to do thursday

Doesn't give a lot of time for re bidding ahead of Tuesday, I was going to use Friday to collate and confirm who has won which players in the first round

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:23

I might select one just to make sure I don't get the sh1thole that is Newport.....
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:23

whatever is agreed, would be worth sending a PM to everyone so they have what they need to do by when - as some are on more than others etc
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:24

Yeah, I wouldn't want a Welsh team or to be the Barry Bennell of the league so had to pick early

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:25

There goes the idea of me thinking it was a random draw for teams!

I'll take Carlisle I suppose...

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:27

Fluxy wrote:There goes the idea of me thinking it was a random draw for teams!

I'll take Carlisle I suppose...

People have requested teams, not claimed them. If no one else wants them, then it seems fine to let them have them. If you fancy one of the other teams already requested you can say so and then it is assigned at random
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:30

Chances of getting Newport has just gone up then!

Let's go for Morecambe then
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:34

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:whatever is agreed, would be worth sending a PM to everyone so they have what they need to do by when - as some are on more than others etc
And some of us have never played the FIFA league before. I for one can't work out how to correlate FIFA rating to TM value - which FIFA rating am I using, original or current?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:37

I will PM everyone with the below - let me know if anything is missing

PM wrote:FIFA Challenge League

Hi everyone

For those who aren't checking v2 with the same regularity as me .. (everyone), this is the plan ahead of kicking off the league

All rules that have been agreed upon can be found here https://www.606v2.com/t68076-fifa-19-reboot

Key deadlines

Today - Teams will be allocated lunchtime today, please post up your team pages in the main section. Format to follow here :

Midnight on Thursday 25 October - please send me (via PM) your draft bids - up to 3 players, you have a maximum budget of £1m and TM is your source for player values. Any players with a £0 value have a minimum fee of £200k

Friday 26 October - I will post on the main forum thread the results of the draft bids

Midnight on Sunday 28 October - deadline for any re bidding for those who did not win the maximum 3 players

Monday 29 October - Results of re bidding

Tuesday 30 Oct - Start of round 1. Injuries and lawyers will be drawn, games to be played as tactics are received throughout the week

Thanks
Bam

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:47

Azzy wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:whatever is agreed, would be worth sending a PM to everyone so they have what they need to do by when - as some are on more than others etc
And some of us have never played the FIFA league before. I for one can't work out how to correlate FIFA rating to TM value - which FIFA rating am I using, original or current?

Hero will need to confirm which ratings are being used, just depends what date it gets locked at. For now I would assume the most recent update

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:48

Is someone creating a new league section, or are we lumping our team pages into the Miky Challenge League section?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 12:52

Miky Challenge League - in honour of our fallen comrade

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 13:04

BamBam wrote:
Azzy wrote:

Hero will need to confirm which ratings are being used, just depends what date it gets locked at. For now I would assume the most recent update

I'll update it just before the league officially starts for values.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 13:28

BamBam wrote:Miky Challenge League - in honour of our fallen comrade

Miky - Died 2018 - cause of death - anal probing
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 13:29

Teams and Managers confirmed

Bury - $ka
Cambridge Utd - Dolph
Carlisle United - Fluxy
Cheltenham Town - Twist
Colchester - Azzy
Crawley Town - Marky
Crewe Alexandra - Nads
Exeter City - Trebs
Forest Green - TAB
Grimsby Town - Fernando
Lincoln City - Bam
Macclesfield - Hero
Mansfield Town - Rof
MK Dons - Olly
Morecambe - Afro
Newport County - Sodhat

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 13:37

Please use this format for your team pages https://www.606v2.com/t68091-lincoln-city#3745020

Will include in the PM

If you want to add positional designation etc can you wait until I've confirmed your team is in the budget tracking doc

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next