The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+17
Collapse2005
westisbest
I'm never wrong
Be_the_ball
Roller_Coaster
raycastleunited
Eyetoldyouso
kwinigolfer
pedro
beninho
dynamark
Davie
JAS
navyblueshorts
McLaren
Diggers
super_realist
21 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 10 Dec 2018, 8:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Diggers wrote:On another note I’ve been teaching Spanish as part of my job this year, tricky when I don’t speak a word...or didn’t. Been using Duolingo for 3 weeks, still very early but amazing how quickly it helps you pick things up. Also asked the wife for some CD’s for Xmas to listen to on my commute. There is a Spanish guy who works for the premises team so when I feel a bit more confident Ill try some conversational Spanish with him.
Anyway, early but that’s my new year resolution, to follow it through and at least be competent, partly to help with my job and partly because Uve always wanted to learn a language, partly because I really think learning new stuff keeps your brain fresher.
Anyone else have something they really want to learn to do?

I'm not trying to be confrontational here Diggers, but how on earth can a school let someone without the skills in a subject to teach it? I can see how someone could blag teaching something like art, PE, English etc, but not a language. I suppose if it's at Primary Level you could teach counting to ten, asking where the railway station is etc.
I presume it's not secondary school?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Tue 08 Jan 2019, 12:57 pm

Shearer did a really good programme a year or so back regarding the links with dementia. Anyone that saw it would find it hard to argue.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Tue 08 Jan 2019, 1:00 pm

beninho wrote:Shearer did a really good programme a year or so back regarding the links with dementia. Anyone that saw it would find it hard to argue.
Maybe they forgot about it?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 08 Jan 2019, 1:05 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:navy,
Do you question the incidence of CTE in North American Football and Ice Hockey as well?

I imagine that the life expectancy of a footballer (probably rugby too) compared to cricketers, golfers, tennis players of similar ages is shorter. How many live to be 91 like Bill Slater - not too many I bet?
I don't question that CTE is an issue, but not in all cases of dementia. It's wrong, simply because someone participated in a contact sport, to ascribe all dementia in such cases as being due to CTE. That's the only point I was trying to make.

I'm not going to dig into the Astle case, so I don't know if he (or his family) had MRI scans of his brain performed while alive in later life (with suitable younger age comparison) or a brain PM performed specifically to look for signs of CTE.

Rugby, boxing, football, American football, ice hockey etc are all physical sports where collisions and head injuries can occur. Don't want to take the risk, don't play them. Repetitive head impacts can only ever be a negative can't they? Then again, much that's positive about physical sports. I imagine this will only end in players being required to sign waivers re. this sort of possible long-term effect of taking part in a sport such as these. Anyway, Elf and Safety is always great with its 20:20 hindsight. Any suggestion that sporting authorities have known for some time about increased CTE risks, but have covered up/suppressed this info a la tobacco industry?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 08 Jan 2019, 2:33 pm

Nice, Harrington appointed Ryder cup captain. Legend.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by hogie Tue 08 Jan 2019, 6:10 pm

Yep, I think he will do a great job.

hogie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 08 Jan 2019, 7:40 pm

Do you question the incidence of CTE in North American Football and Ice Hockey as well?

I imagine that the life expectancy of a footballer (probably rugby too) compared to cricketers, golfers, tennis players of similar ages is shorter. How many live to be 91 like Bill Slater - not too many I bet?

It's not normal for anyone to live to 91 Kwini, regardless of what sport they played. Tom Finney died at 91 too. Stanley Matthews 85. I'm not sure I would expect golfers to live longer than footballers anyway. That generation of golfers getting to a ripe old age and many generations after have routinely abused their bodies and lived pretty sedentary lives whilst being pretty out of shape and living out of hotels. Not a good recipe for long life.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 08 Jan 2019, 7:58 pm

!!!!
I was just trying to pre-empt a Slater comment, very much a recent exception which doesn't prove the rule. Especially amongst footballers.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 09 Jan 2019, 3:20 pm

pedro wrote:
beninho wrote:Think the first kit I got was an Aston Villa mita copiers kit from the late 80s. No idea why.

Anyway, seems spink owns his own company  https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjDyK3Y19zfAhWkThUIHZedCWcQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.birminghampost.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fformer-aston-villa-ace-nigel-4724970&psig=AOvVaw1aqb-M-7Ke46oJbFgmlR3j&ust=1546985360518376
“S&M Couriers”? I wonder what’s inside the van..

Great kit Ben.
Got that one for Xmas, prefer the older kits.

Mybe you should have supported Villa, on the other hand maybe you saw sense Wink

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 09 Jan 2019, 3:36 pm

super_realist wrote:

It's not normal for anyone to live to 91 Kwini, regardless of what sport they played. Tom Finney died at 91 too. Stanley Matthews 85. I'm not sure I would expect golfers to live longer than footballers anyway. That generation of golfers getting to a ripe old age and many generations after have routinely abused their bodies and lived pretty sedentary lives whilst being pretty out of shape and living out of hotels. Not a good recipe for long life.

Not sure we can exactly call even previous generation golfers sedentary Super, ok they’re weren’t gym pounding machines like today’s crop but with a round being around 4 miles, between practice rounds and tournaments they’d be clocking up a fair amount of walking miles. Even being a smoker Old Arnie clocked up 87 birthdays, I know Player is a bit of an exception but how many fitter 84 year olds are there (from ANY background, sporty or otherwise).

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 09 Jan 2019, 5:47 pm

4 miles walk you'll do well .More like 6 if you are in my game .Combining recent threads Jeff Astle had a window cleaning business in later life .Had the contract at Donington Park circuit probably late 80.s

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 09 Jan 2019, 6:35 pm

westisbest wrote:
pedro wrote:
beninho wrote:Think the first kit I got was an Aston Villa mita copiers kit from the late 80s. No idea why.

Anyway, seems spink owns his own company  https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjDyK3Y19zfAhWkThUIHZedCWcQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.birminghampost.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fformer-aston-villa-ace-nigel-4724970&psig=AOvVaw1aqb-M-7Ke46oJbFgmlR3j&ust=1546985360518376

Great kit Ben.

Mybe you should have supported Villa, on the other hand maybe you saw sense Wink
We have had some links with Villa over the years, O,'Neill lambert and Gregory. You just signed Hause who came through our youth team.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 09 Jan 2019, 6:58 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Not sure we can exactly call even previous generation golfers sedentary Super, ok they’re weren’t gym pounding machines like today’s crop but with a round being around 4 miles, between practice rounds and tournaments they’d be clocking up a fair amount of walking miles. Even being a smoker Old Arnie clocked up 87 birthdays, I know Player is a bit of an exception but how many fitter 84 year olds are there (from ANY background, sporty or otherwise).

Walking four miles isn't something that I would credit as being particularly lively. I cover that much just in the course of my daily life, i.e. simply being alive. Palmer was half dead for at least 10 years before his coffin finally caught up with him.

I'd be quite interested to see what the exercise regime of those clogging up our NHS with obesity and diabetes entails. Apparently they can blame it on it being "a disease" now, so it's "Not their fault"

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 09 Jan 2019, 8:19 pm

Another scrote stabbed to death in London. Why is no one asking why he was on a moped in the first place?
Was it retaliation for being part of a moped gang?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 09 Jan 2019, 8:21 pm

beninho wrote:
westisbest wrote:
pedro wrote:

Great kit Ben.

We have had some links with Villa over the years, O,'Neill lambert and Gregory. You just signed Hause who came through our youth team.

Cyrille Regis to.

Yeah hopefully he’ll do well.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 09 Jan 2019, 8:52 pm

No evidence so far he was a scrote super but you may well be correct.
Emphasis on London stabbings but Birmingham and Nottingham are just as bad I'm not familiar with other cities.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 09 Jan 2019, 9:01 pm

dynamark wrote:No evidence so far he was a scrote super but you may well be correct.
Emphasis on London stabbings but Birmingham and Nottingham are just as bad I'm not familiar with other cities.

No evidence?  A 14 year old on a motorbike on the road? That's too young to have one, no insurance, no licence etc. Sounds like a scrote, not deserving of anything more than a kick in, but a scrote none the less.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 09 Jan 2019, 9:31 pm

God your Frak weird.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 09 Jan 2019, 9:50 pm

Super I said you may well be correct and you probably are !
Funny how everyone interviewed on TV so far says what a lovely kind young man he was.
No one ever comes out and says good riddance he was a right nuisance .
think all the publicity is because of his age there will no doubt be another one in the next few days.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 09 Jan 2019, 10:01 pm

dynamark wrote:No evidence so far he was a scrote super but you may well be correct.

Not really, no. Maybe per capita, but can't be fussed to check.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 09 Jan 2019, 10:04 pm

The kid was 14, he had lived in london for 6 months. He clearly got mixed up in something, but he was 14. It is a tragedy, he didn't deserve it and if anyone did say good riddance they are pretty strange.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 09 Jan 2019, 10:05 pm

super_realist wrote:

No evidence?  A 14 year old on a motorbike on the road? That's too young to have one, no insurance, no licence etc. Sounds like a scrote, not deserving of anything more than a kick in, but a scrote none the less.
I'm not sure simply being 14 and illegally riding a moped deserves being run off the road and then deliberately knifed to death, apparently with forethought. You're very easy with your sweeping generalisations about other people...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 09 Jan 2019, 10:11 pm

Did you even read what I wrote? I specifically said that he deserved no more than a kick in, doesn't mean he's not a scrote though.

Where would a 14 year old get a moped? Why would he ride it on the road when he knows he's not old enough, has no licence, no insurance etc? If an uninsured driver in a potentially stolen car with no licence knocks over a pedestrian would they not also be a scrote? Of course. So this guy is (was) too, even if he has been stabbed to death.

Just because he's been stabbed to death, doesn't mean he's not a small time criminal, at the very least in being an underage, uninsured moped rider, most likely on a stolen moped. Circumstances, location, history of moped crime in London would suggest there could be more to this than a 14 year old buying a moped and risking a bit of uninsured driving on the public highway.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 09 Jan 2019, 10:19 pm

F&ck me, you honestly seem pleased with it. A black kid gets murdered and you make the point he was uninsured on a moped.

Hows your ivory tower?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 09 Jan 2019, 10:25 pm

Oh Christ, here we go again, wheeling out the racist card for no reason again.

I don't care what race he is, the media has completely ignoring any of the circumstances surrounding the case.
Yes, tragic for him that he's been knifed by some nutters in a car, but why is no one asking why he was on the road?

I rode motorbikes at that age, not stolen or anything, but we had the good sense (and morals) to do it in fields where we wouldn't be putting  the public at risk.

Of course he didn't deserve to die, but let's not get all dewey eyed about some scrote who's bought it when it sounds like he wasn't a good egg.

Sure you'll probably find a way to blame the Tories for this and I bet you didn't have this simpering reaction when Kit Carson topped himself as he was due to face child abuse charges.

My issue is with the journalism, no mention of his background and how that might have played a part, just crying over the fact he's a child.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 10 Jan 2019, 8:45 am

In America the cops would just have shot him.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 10 Jan 2019, 9:02 am

super_realist wrote:Oh Christ, here we go again, wheeling out the racist card for no reason again.

I don't care what race he is,
the media has completely ignoring any of the circumstances surrounding the case.
Yes, tragic for him that he's been knifed by some nutters in a car, but why is no one asking why he was on the road?

I rode motorbikes at that age, not stolen or anything, but we had the good sense (and morals) to do it in fields where we wouldn't be putting  the public at risk.

Of course he didn't deserve to die, but let's not get all dewey eyed about some scrote who's bought it when it sounds like he wasn't a good egg.

Sure you'll probably find a way to blame the Tories for this and I bet you didn't have this simpering reaction when Kit Carson topped himself as he was due to face child abuse charges.

My issue is with the journalism, no mention of his background and how that might have played a part, just crying over the fact he's a child.
Laugh I think Diggers might be correct. Stop wrapping yourself in a martyr's shroud, Ben didn't even remotely suggest you were being racist.

Your use of derogatory terminology ('scrote' in this case) on a typically sweeping basis, for no reason other than to annoy or somehow sound 'cool', and with little evidence to support the generalisation, is dull. I knew quite a few of my underage peers at school who road mopeds illegally (i.e. underage); none of them were 'scrotes'. All you know is this kid was riding a moped and was murdered. You know nothing, as fact, about his background etc etc. He didn't even deserve 'a kicking' as what would that have been eh?

As to his possible background, who cares really? He was 14 - doesn't that give you pause if his background was criminal, as you seem to be implying?

Have to say, I wondered about Carson, but I haven't mentioned it because guess what? There's no confirmation that that's what he did as yet. Even if that were true, of course the public interest might be different, even if it's only the natural life wasted before it starts vs. the life ended having been nearly completed. If Carson topped himself as a direct result of upcoming trials, that's still a pity and just because no-one here has jumped up and down about it, it doesn't mean we all think as you do i.e. "Great. He's dead. P@edo scrote."

Change the record once in a while; it'll do you good OK.

Last edited by navyblueshorts on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 10 Jan 2019, 9:02 am

pedro wrote:In America the cops would just have shot him.
Laugh Sad, but probably true.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 10 Jan 2019, 9:04 am

I see you've added to your rant.

No blame on the tories from me.
Don't understand the comparison with a 70something child molester.
I don't think the police has issued any gang related information yet. So don't know why it would be reported as such.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 10 Jan 2019, 9:38 am

beninho wrote:I see you've added to your rant.

I don't think the police has issued any gang related information yet. So don't know why it would be reported as such.
picard The word you missed out is 'alleged'. Let's have some consistency here - you can't complain about assumptions re. this lad, but make them yourself about Carson. That's as bad as Mac (sorry Mac OK).
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 10 Jan 2019, 10:04 am

navyblueshorts wrote: I think Diggers might be correct. Stop wrapping yourself in a martyr's shroud, Ben didn't even remotely suggest you were being racist.

For once I'll defend super here. The first mention of "black" was Ben's

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 10 Jan 2019, 10:33 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:I see you've added to your rant.

picard The word you missed out is 'alleged'. Let's have some consistency here - you can't complain about assumptions re. this lad, but make them yourself about Carson. That's as bad as Mac (sorry Mac OK).

Its something thats passed me by, I saw a headline, but didn't now much about the case. Alleged.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 10 Jan 2019, 10:58 am

Davie wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote: I think Diggers might be correct. Stop wrapping yourself in a martyr's shroud, Ben didn't even remotely suggest you were being racist.

Yes, but that's just a point of fact; the lad was black. Ben didn't use it in any way to impute S_R's comment(s) was/were racist.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 10 Jan 2019, 11:05 am

This is a tough one. Did a 14 year old boy deserve to die? Did he deserve a "kicking"? Of course not.

But then when you look at what has been reported so far...
- The boy frequently drove around local streets on a moped. At his age, this behaviour is consistent with a drugs courier.
- He carried a knife and a social worker confiscated a knife from him several days before the incident.
- The BBC's main source of quotes about the boy come from his social worker, indicating a troubled upbringing. Reading between the lines you can infer from the quotes he's been in trouble already.

For all we know, this boy caused misery to dozens of others in his short life, encouraging drug addiction, carrying out acts of violence and intimidation. Of course we don't know yet, we need to reserve judgement, he could have been the sweet innocent little angel that his family describe.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 10 Jan 2019, 11:08 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Davie wrote:

Yes, but that's just a point of fact; the lad was black. Ben didn't use it in any way to impute S_R's comment(s) was/were racist.

That's debatable... but you continue with your own agenda

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 10 Jan 2019, 11:13 am

I'm interested in his use of the word "another". So we clearly have multiple scrotes, according to Super. Do you just have to be stabbed or murdered? Young? Living in London? Male? Black? He's obviously making a classification.
Another point is that Super only think he deserved "a good kicking". This from a man who is happy to malign the punishments dished out by certain Islamic states, yet clearly believes violence is a suitable and acceptable punishment.
Also the comment about people being "dewy-eyed"? I've seen no sign of that, the topic was clearly raised on here to illicit a response from people who had probably only given it brief consideration. I'd imagine Super has been desperately hoping someone would mention the kid's (yep, a 14 year old child) ethnicity. Absolutely desperate.
Personally, I'm increasingly with Navy, the lack of any kind of ability to emote or sympathize/empathize, more obviously just not have the ability to comprehend why others might...asperger's.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 10 Jan 2019, 11:23 am

Diggers wrote:
Personally, I'm increasingly with Navy, the lack of any kind of ability to emote or sympathize/empathize, more obviously just not have the ability to comprehend why others might...asperger's.

Navy almost had a fit when I sugggested that months ago

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 10 Jan 2019, 11:53 am

Davie wrote:
Diggers wrote:

Did he? Thought He'd mentioned it recently, could be wrong. Don't think you were.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 10 Jan 2019, 12:09 pm

Super

So posh boys in fife can ride mopeds in the fields but kids in London can't mess about on one down a quiet street without deserving a beating? What is the logic behind that?

And what a strange point to try and make, why did you read that story and think I better make it clear that the kid deserved some level of violence against him?

Also the Kit Carson thing, alleged... really?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 10 Jan 2019, 1:06 pm

Diggers wrote:
Davie wrote:
Diggers wrote:

Did he? Thought He'd mentioned it recently, could be wrong. Don't think you were.

https://www.606v2.com/t67226p100-pga-tour-the-honda-classic-notes-from-the-ballwasher#3681215

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 10 Jan 2019, 1:15 pm

Got to be honest my first gut reactions when I heard about it was...drug runner steals gear and gets caught by enforcers higher up the drug supply food chain or drug runner strays onto wrong patch or revenge attack because he robbed the wrong people from his moped.

If 14 year olds are riding around city streets on mopeds you have to ask a) why? and b) who’s financing?

It is a tragedy that a young life has been ruined but I suspect it wasn’t suddenly ruined the other day. Reading between the lines and I fully accept I’d be jumping to conclusions, the kid’s been on the wrong side of the tracks for some time.

As to the perpetrators, I think when they’re caught the story will become a lot more obvious, again I’m jumping to conclusions but given that it a deliberate attack, my moneys on a drug gang killing rather than a road rage fuelled revenge.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 10 Jan 2019, 2:57 pm

Davie wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Davie wrote:

That's debatable... but you continue with your own agenda
Of course it's debatable, otherwise we wouldn't be doing this. You're wrong though OK.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 10 Jan 2019, 3:00 pm

Davie wrote:
Diggers wrote:

Careful suggesting I had 'a fit'. Have you got a problem with trivialising mental health? Whistle
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 10 Jan 2019, 3:02 pm

Not sure Super should be let of with being said to have aspergers, he just has a very right wing world view.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 10 Jan 2019, 3:08 pm

JAS wrote: Got to be honest my first gut reactions when I heard about it was...drug runner steals gear and gets caught by enforcers higher up the drug supply food chain or drug runner strays onto wrong patch or revenge attack because he robbed the wrong people from his moped.

If 14 year olds are riding around city streets on mopeds you have to ask a) why? and b) who’s financing?

It is a tragedy that a young life has been ruined but I suspect it wasn’t suddenly ruined the other day. Reading between the lines and I fully accept I’d be jumping to conclusions, the kid’s been on the wrong side of the tracks for some time.

As to the perpetrators, I think when they’re caught the story will become a lot more obvious, again I’m jumping to conclusions but given that it a deliberate attack, my moneys on a drug gang killing rather than a road rage fuelled revenge.
Yes, you are, along with others.

Some additional thoughts assuming some of these presumptions turn out to be true. Does no-one here have any inner awareness of why a 14-year old might be, say, a local drug runner? Do you think it was in his genes and nothing else might have been involved? Do you think he just chose this for a career when he was in primary school? How is it that a 14-year old might be doing that, but everyone assumes it's 100% the scrote child's (yes, child) fault? This isn't some 30-something adult. Talk about simplistic and ridiculously judgemental. What a country we're heading towards becoming...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 10 Jan 2019, 4:14 pm

Well even children have to learn about personal responsibility and to take ownership for the decisions they make in life. You are the master of your own ship even if you are always positioned in stormy seas.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 10 Jan 2019, 4:39 pm

What all of these situations come back to is why do they happen and what is the best way to stop them happening. The idea of prevention rather than cure applies to social as well as medical problems. That being the case you have to ask what is in place to support the community groups that set out to try and change the lives of these kinds of kids. Unfortunately, because of austerity any funding for these kind of support centres (youth centres, boxing clubs) has just disappeared. Even if the problems could be solved with more of an authoritarian approach, the police just don't have the resources.
Hard to see things improving anytime soon.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 10 Jan 2019, 4:55 pm

Davie wrote:
Diggers wrote:
Davie wrote:
Diggers wrote:

https://www.606v2.com/t67226p100-pga-tour-the-honda-classic-notes-from-the-ballwasher#3681215

Great to revisit that thread!! Thanks for sharing. JAS and his Type R vroom vroom Very Happy

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 10 Jan 2019, 6:49 pm

Hilarious to revisit that one, says the former type-r owner who now drives an Audi A5.

On a completely different note, ticking down the minutes to this years Tassie Entry going online Www.Carnoustiegolflinks.co.uk if anyone interested

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 10 Jan 2019, 6:51 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:Well even children have to learn about personal responsibility and to take ownership for the decisions they make in life. You are the master of your own ship even if you are always positioned in stormy seas.
You are correct, but talk about missing any nuance, subtleties and influences and how they might influence an impressionable child as they grow up. 14-y/o children don't get to become ships' captains, precisely because they don't have the knowledge or experience to do so. Difficult to make the correct nautical decisions under those circumstances.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Thu 10 Jan 2019, 7:12 pm

I blame rap music

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next