The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+17
Collapse2005
westisbest
I'm never wrong
Be_the_ball
Roller_Coaster
raycastleunited
Eyetoldyouso
kwinigolfer
pedro
beninho
dynamark
Davie
JAS
navyblueshorts
McLaren
Diggers
super_realist
21 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 10 Dec 2018, 8:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Diggers wrote:On another note I’ve been teaching Spanish as part of my job this year, tricky when I don’t speak a word...or didn’t. Been using Duolingo for 3 weeks, still very early but amazing how quickly it helps you pick things up. Also asked the wife for some CD’s for Xmas to listen to on my commute. There is a Spanish guy who works for the premises team so when I feel a bit more confident Ill try some conversational Spanish with him.
Anyway, early but that’s my new year resolution, to follow it through and at least be competent, partly to help with my job and partly because Uve always wanted to learn a language, partly because I really think learning new stuff keeps your brain fresher.
Anyone else have something they really want to learn to do?

I'm not trying to be confrontational here Diggers, but how on earth can a school let someone without the skills in a subject to teach it? I can see how someone could blag teaching something like art, PE, English etc, but not a language. I suppose if it's at Primary Level you could teach counting to ten, asking where the railway station is etc.
I presume it's not secondary school?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Wed 20 Feb 2019, 8:18 pm

Digs, you’re very defensive of the girl, but don’t hesitate to demonise super despite your claim he has a diagnosis. Don’t know where that leaves you.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers Wed 20 Feb 2019, 8:32 pm

Pedro, if you want to read that post in that way, go ahead.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 20 Feb 2019, 8:53 pm

This thread is getting ugly Digs no need for anyone to become an internet warrior.
Bound to be a polarising subject but its one of any number of similar less public cases and no real relevance to the rest.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 20 Feb 2019, 9:03 pm

Shes British, she should come back and face trial. The fact to government don't care about a british new born child is disgusting.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 20 Feb 2019, 10:53 pm

The Bengals won’t accept her as a citizen, you’d think maybe that’s the first thing that would be checked. So she becomes stateless, which the UK is committed to avoiding. Ludicrous.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 20 Feb 2019, 11:18 pm

Proof that the Pakistani govt has a sense of humour chin
https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/02/20/asia/saudi-pakistan-golden-gun-scli-intl/index.html?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 20 Feb 2019, 11:25 pm

pedro wrote:Proof that the Pakistani govt has a sense of humour  chin
https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/02/20/asia/saudi-pakistan-golden-gun-scli-intl/index.html?

Wot, No bone saw?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Feb 2019, 7:46 am

Diggers wrote:You really are, to use your own word, a ghastly excuse for a human.

People have different opinions Diggers, get over it. It's funny how you always accuse the right of having no tolerance, yet it seems it's the left who are completely intolerant of anyone else's views unless they are the same as yours. That's a trait of the millennial middle class no platforming stooooodent Diggers, I would have thought you were too old and worldly wise to fall into that trap.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Feb 2019, 7:49 am

Diggers wrote:The Bengals won’t accept her as a citizen, you’d think maybe that’s the first thing that would be checked. So she becomes stateless, which the UK is committed to avoiding. Ludicrous.

Not necessarily. I've seen reports that in Bangladeshi law if you have a parent who is from there, then it automatically makes you a citizen.

It really is pathetic Diggers, none of what you are moaning about has the welfare of the snivelling, stupid, thick, moronic, little cry wolf ISIS bride at heart, or that of the child. You only care about scoring points against the government with every post you make.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Feb 2019, 7:51 am

beninho wrote:Shes British, she should come back and face trial. The fact to government don't care about a british new born child is disgusting.

If she can get her arse to a consulate. Who's to say her baby will be stopped? There isn't a consulate in Syria, so what do you expect the government to do?

Why aren't you complaining about the Dutch government? They haven't done anything about the child either.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 21 Feb 2019, 8:26 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Shes British, she should come back and face trial. The fact to government don't care about a british new born child is disgusting.

If she can get her arse to a consulate. Who's to say her baby will be stopped?  There isn't a consulate in Syria, so what do you expect the government to do?

Why aren't you complaining about the Dutch government? They haven't done anything about the child either.

We can get camera crew and journalists in to interview her, but the government can't take action in removing a British child from a camp? Because thats what I would expect the government to do. Remove them both and take the appropriate action. Instead tgey have pandered to the outraged.

I am not Dutch, I have no real interest in the dutch government, I would like to see my own government act lawfully. Instead they again act like imbeciles.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 21 Feb 2019, 9:59 am

Super

Does it give you a stiffy when you use such harsh and uncaring words about women, or in this case a vulnerable woman?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 21 Feb 2019, 10:00 am

super_realist wrote:It's funny how you always accuse the right of having no tolerance, yet it seems it's the left who are completely intolerant of anyone else's views unless they are the same as yours

There are good people on both sides.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 21 Feb 2019, 10:42 am

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:It's funny how you always accuse the right of having no tolerance, yet it seems it's the left who are completely intolerant of anyone else's views unless they are the same as yours

There are good people on both sides.

There are and there are intolerant idiots on both sides too, no one side has a monopoly on any particular trait, I can quite happily debate with anyone but I don’t expect to be labelled intolerant because I don’t agree with somebody else’s view.

Having said that I do have a degree of intolerance of stupidity and I have my own view of what I consider stupidity when it comes to things like politics.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 22 Feb 2019, 7:54 am

I didn't think there were worse in the Labour party other than Corbyn and McDonnel, now I've just heard Chris Williamson on radio. Bloody hell. What a plank. He actually advocated a planned economy in the UK with a straight face.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 22 Feb 2019, 7:55 am

McLaren wrote:Super

Does it give you a stiffy when you use such harsh and uncaring words about women, or in this case a vulnerable woman?

How is anything I've said related to her gender? She's an idiot pure and simple, just like her moronic husband.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 22 Feb 2019, 7:58 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

If she can get her arse to a consulate. Who's to say her baby will be stopped?  There isn't a consulate in Syria, so what do you expect the government to do?

We can get camera crew and journalists in to interview her, but the government can't take action in removing a British child from a camp? Because thats what I would expect the government to do. Remove them both and take the appropriate action. Instead tgey have pandered to the outraged.

I am not Dutch, I have no real interest in the dutch government, I would like to see my own government act lawfully. Instead they again act like imbeciles.

You obviously have completely unrealistic expectations about what the UK's actual responsibility is in this situation.

How many people are in the same position as this moron? Do you expect the government to remove every single one of them simply because they ask? Why can't the stupid idiot get herself to a consulate and actually use a bit of common sense and take responsibility for her own actions instead of expecting the UK government to do everything for her?  If you (or your children) were stranded in a country without a consulate you wouldn't be whisked out of there either.

She got herself out to Syria in the first place, so she shouldn't find it too had to get to Turkey.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 22 Feb 2019, 9:12 am

Ypu ecpect her to trek off through syria with a weeks old baby? Wgen you flagged up your disregard for dead babies you meant it. Realist wants the baby to die in syria rather then the government get involved.

You don't have kids do you? Which is probably a good thing because your persona would appear you to be a bloody awful parent.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 22 Feb 2019, 10:34 am

Super

Why in every post do you overuse words like "moron", "idiot", "stupid" etc? And what makes you think she is a "moron"?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 23 Feb 2019, 4:00 pm

Blimey. Drop off the internet for a week in deepest, darkest Devon and come back to this quality banter... Rolling Eyes
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sun 24 Feb 2019, 12:47 pm

Puel gone .There is a god after all.
Just watched the sunday morning big questions prog about reincarnation.Nicki Cambell must have lost his marbles not to challenge they were all raving bonkers but deadly serious about it.
It was just the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen is it Aril 1st ?

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 24 Feb 2019, 12:56 pm

dyna,
Who are you going to get?
You must have one of the most desirable managerial jobs anyone is likely to walk into. Some terrific young players, just a soft centre and silly playing set-up.
Could easily see you crashing the top six next year with a sensible appointment. If you don't get relegated first.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 24 Feb 2019, 1:12 pm

dynamark wrote:Puel gone .There is a god after all...
Leicester's behaviour since winning PL has been nothing short of dumb. Players' involvement in Ranieri's sacking was despicable. Think Leicester have over-inflated expectations and sacking 4 managers in ~2 years is stupidity incarnate, but that seems the norm these days.
Pity, as their PL win was genuinely a good story in a sport too often corrupted by player behaviour and dodgy finance.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sun 24 Feb 2019, 5:46 pm

We have some very good players for sure and now some expectations -it can be done so why put up with rubbish management.If you were at the games you would probably agree.
No idea who but I am available and cheap

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 24 Feb 2019, 5:56 pm

Neil lennon is available?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 24 Feb 2019, 6:18 pm

dyna,
Would Michael Appleton be a good fit to return?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 Feb 2019, 8:03 am

McLaren wrote:Super

Why in every post do you overuse words like "moron", "idiot", "stupid" etc?  And what makes you think she is a "moron"?

Why is she a moron? Why would you ask a question which has such a blatantly obvious answer?

She's trying to come back to the UK, despite being of the position that she clearly dislikes the UK and all it stands for, except the NHS apparently. She's seeking sympathy, but her words do nothing to show she is contrite or willing to change her position. Surely even someone with comprehension as poor as you would realise that is a moronic stance to take?
Even if she didn't mean it, a non moron would go to great lengths to denounce IS and what it stands for rather than try to excuse IS and justify their revolting acts like Manchester, which she said was a perfectly acceptable act. Do you not think it is moronic to use that sort of language and to be that insensitive to the country you are hoping to come back to and gain sympathy and support from? Would a non moron publicly say things which in the event of her return would make her future life in the UK difficult? Why would a non moron be provocative and deliberately antagonistic the way she has?

She, demonstrably is all those things, a moron, stupid, an idiot and probably a lot more and a lot worse. Why would you think she isn't a moron? I hope you are not so naïve that you think she's an innocent victim in all this. Of course there's a degree of indoctrination, all religious people have that laughable childlike gullibility, but there's always a degree of personal responsibility in there, and she's doing nothing to assuage Britain that she ought to be allowed to come back.

If you were going for a job would you say that "I can't stand your company and all you stand for, but I need a job" Of course not, that would be a truly moronic thing to say, but that's effectively what she has said. Maybe you would say that, you are a millennial after all.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 25 Feb 2019, 10:16 am

Neil Lennon no way thanks Id rather have John Lennon.
Apples would be a popular choice with fans and staff very strong manager but Ive a feeling it will be first choice Rogers.
We have some very good young players(vardy excepted)and if we can beat Chelsea Man City and give Spurs a good battering surely we should be looking at 7/8th.
Another go tomorrow against Brighton.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 25 Feb 2019, 1:10 pm

dynamark wrote:Neil Lennon no way thanks Id rather have John Lennon.
Laugh Laugh Take care what you wish for. You might end up with Yoko Ono.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 25 Feb 2019, 1:59 pm

Rodgers is too high profile now for Leicester, you will probably have to settle for someone about the lennon level.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 26 Feb 2019, 7:46 am

Leicester have delusions of grandeur. Yes they won the Premiership a while back, but they've done bugger all since. They're not a big club, they're not a fashionable city, they haven't got pots of money and they haven't got a big stadium. No big name manager is going to go there.

Expect a manager like Derek McInnes, Obese Sam or David Moyes.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 26 Feb 2019, 8:44 am

Bookmakers this morning reporting the Brendon is 1/25 to get the job. So much for our Scottish football experts

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 26 Feb 2019, 8:55 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47368961

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 26 Feb 2019, 9:11 am

It doesn't look lije Leicester are after a big name manager if Rodgers is being lined up for it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 26 Feb 2019, 10:21 am

Rogers it is then I'm Ok with that.
Super we do have a reasonable budget not oil money granted but upper end.In these parts we are pleased to be a bigger club than anything in Nottingham Derby Brum and Sheffield
Big new training complex on the way and 32000 in a very pleasant stadium for every game.There is a plan in place to extend the stadium to close on 40k which would be about right IMO BIg time footy is very polarised around London and Liverpool/Manchester so I think we would like to be biting at their ankles.The Premier win was a happy combination of a few exceptional players plus some good back up very enjoyable.
The city isnt great but the wider county has its appeal.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 26 Feb 2019, 1:50 pm

I wouldn’t say Leicester are bigger than Villa.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 26 Feb 2019, 2:01 pm

McLaren wrote:Rodgers is too high profile now for Leicester, you will probably have to settle for someone about the lennon level.

One of Mac's more ironic posts.

Anyone slagging off Leicester can't have been watching them much, loads of quality good young players and the manager's job must be just about the most desirable outside the big six. But they've got to figure out where the goals are going to come from when Vardy ages out.
Sorry that Appleton didn't get it but hopefully now he'll return to Fratton Park now that Mourning Jackett has run his course.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 26 Feb 2019, 3:05 pm

Maybe celtic will have to settle for Lennon?

And yes the post was ironic. Glad someone finally read a post in the tone it was intended.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 26 Feb 2019, 3:25 pm

I didn't see any irony in your post - I think you meant it literally. #Backtracking

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 26 Feb 2019, 4:54 pm

Davie I'm just surprised Rogers didn't hold out for the Chelsea job.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 26 Feb 2019, 5:08 pm

McLaren wrote:Davie I'm just surprised Rogers didn't hold out for the Chelsea job.
Think it's probably a nicer gig (marginally) at Leicester. Both have trigger-happy owners though.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=68562
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20