The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20

+56
Cumbrian
marty2086
RugbyFan100
Pete330v2
Maine man
LeinsterFan4life
stnick88
Stone Motif
Gooseberry
Dollar Bill
EWT Spoons
jimbopip
PhilBB
Rinsure
Welshmushroom
TheMildlyFranticLlama
geoff999rugby
Eejit
TightHEAD
Rugby Fan
RiscaGame
wayne
rosbif
LordDowlais
Heaf
lostinwales
WELL-PAST-IT
maestegmafia
BigTrevsbigmac
mikey_dragon
nathan
Tramptastic
demosthenes
stub
Ricardo74
Scottrf
Fluxy
Smudge21
SirBurger
BigGee
Margin_Walker
Hazel Sapling
BamBam
propdavid_london
Sgt_Pooly
alcoombe
Welly
Bathite
carpet baboon
No 7&1/2
yappysnap
king_carlos
bluestonevedder
LondonTiger
Geordie
George Carlin
60 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20 - Page 6 Empty Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20

Post by George Carlin Mon 04 Feb 2019, 7:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

New year, new thread, new scuttlebutt, rumour and misdirection.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20 - Page 6 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Mar 2019, 8:14 pm

With Daly going to Sarries and Wade to NFL Wasps were always going to be looking for wingers.

Marcus Watson has been a good signing for them as well after a couple of years with Deano so suppose they are shaking the same tree.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20 - Page 6 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 13 Mar 2019, 9:11 pm

Falcons have several good wingers on the books. Not the end of the world of Wasps poach another one. Going to be a big summer for Wasps as they've got a lot of business to do and then a new squad to gel in amongst the RWC.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 13 Mar 2019, 9:34 pm

Interesting, Wasps lose a host of star players and seem to have mostly replaced them with star players. If there's no silverware soon then surely it's curtains for Dai Young, been there years and has one final appearance to show for it.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 14 Mar 2019, 10:07 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:Falcons have several good wingers on the books. Not the end of the world of Wasps poach another one. Going to be a big summer for Wasps as they've got a lot of business to do and then a new squad to gel in amongst the RWC.

Well the problem is Sam...that Sinoti is 33 and probably not got much left with us.
Goneva is 35 next month.

After that we have Kibirgie who is 24
Radwan who is 20

Then a few other younger academy lads of huge potential but very young. One lad looks good he's more a power winger with pace. One for the future..

SO really we cant afford to lose Zac in my opinion. But im sure Dean has it planned.

Edit
And Arscott who is a solid wing / FB cover and ALex Tait who is a FB and a poor winger.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 14 Mar 2019, 11:12 am

Players In

New Zealand Malakai Fekitoa from France Toulon[63]
New Zealand Jeffery Toomaga-Allen from New Zealand Hurricanes[64]
Scotland Jack Owlett from England Exeter Chiefs[65]
Scotland Ben Vellacott from England Gloucester[66]
Italy Matteo Minozzi from Italy Zebre[67]
Tonga Sione Vailanu from England Saracens[68]
England Mike Daniels from England Nottingham[69]
England Biyi Alo from England Coventry[70]

Players Out

England Jake Cooper-Woolley to England Sale Sharks[71]
New Zealand Ambrose Curtis to France Vannes[72]
England Nathan Hughes to England Bristol Bears[73]
England Will Stuart to England Bath[74]
England Elliot Daly to England Saracens[75]
England Joe Simpson to England Gloucester[76]
South Africa Willie le Roux to Japan Toyota Verblitz[77]
England Matt Mullan released[78]

They've done pretty well so far. With the big names going out the door they will have had cap to play with.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 14 Mar 2019, 11:16 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Falcons have several good wingers on the books. Not the end of the world of Wasps poach another one. Going to be a big summer for Wasps as they've got a lot of business to do and then a new squad to gel in amongst the RWC.

Well the problem is Sam...that Sinoti is 33 and probably not got much left with us.
Goneva is 35 next month.

After that we have Kibirgie who is 24
Radwan who is 20

Then a few other younger academy lads of huge potential but very young. One lad looks good he's more a power winger with pace. One for the future..

SO really we cant afford to lose Zac in my opinion. But im sure Dean has it planned.

Edit
And Arscott who is a solid wing / FB cover and ALex Tait who is a FB and a poor winger.

Hmm they are getting on a bit. There's some decent wingers knocking about, it's not that hard to recruit out wide. We picked up Sarto mid season this year, international winger who'd previously shown up well at Glasgow. Tough to lose a player with that potential who offers academy squad credits for the salary cap though I agree.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 14 Mar 2019, 11:44 am

Yeah it just frustrates the falcon fans that Zac is one of our own through the academy, who admittedly has had a few issues (the insane broken leg and the court case) but is now starting to show genuine premiership ability and then we may be losing him! especially when Adam Radwan has set games on fire, and he's another one that has barely been seen since!

I have no doubt Dean will bring in some excellent replacements (if we stay up) but as a Tigers fan you will be well aware, its nice (and important) to have home grown players in the 1st team.

Last edited by GeordieFalcon on Thu 14 Mar 2019, 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo74 Thu 14 Mar 2019, 11:46 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:Players In

New Zealand Malakai Fekitoa from France Toulon[63]
New Zealand Jeffery Toomaga-Allen from New Zealand Hurricanes[64]
Scotland Jack Owlett from England Exeter Chiefs[65]
Scotland Ben Vellacott from England Gloucester[66]
Italy Matteo Minozzi from Italy Zebre[67]
Tonga Sione Vailanu from England Saracens[68]
England Mike Daniels from England Nottingham[69]
England Biyi Alo from England Coventry[70]

Players Out

England Jake Cooper-Woolley to England Sale Sharks[71]
New Zealand Ambrose Curtis to France Vannes[72]
England Nathan Hughes to England Bristol Bears[73]
England Will Stuart to England Bath[74]
England Elliot Daly to England Saracens[75]
England Joe Simpson to England Gloucester[76]
South Africa Willie le Roux to Japan Toyota Verblitz[77]
England Matt Mullan released[78]

They've done pretty well so far. With the big names going out the door they will have had cap to play with.

Yeah, pretty pleased with our business thus far for next season. Hoping that Fekitoa outside Sopoaga sparks him to life and we get the replacement for Cips we thought we were getting!

Watson is great when he's fit, but as Dai pointed out recently that's not frequently enough for us to count on him. His contract is up in the Summer, so that may be another factor in the wing replacement talk.

I like Kibirgie, he seems to have gas and has taken his chances well when I've seen him. Honestly, i'd prefer someone a bit bigger - when we were linked with Naholo I was hoping we might go for someone similar (and when Savea was unsettled there was some mention of him) - but neither Wadey nor Daly are big lads, and Josh Bassett on the other wing is reasonably sizeable.

Ricardo74

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 14 Mar 2019, 11:47 am

Wasps have let go loads of EQ players and brought in nigh on all foreigners...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo74 Thu 14 Mar 2019, 11:57 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Wasps have let go loads of EQ players and brought in nigh on all foreigners...

It's 50:50 in terms of Brits to non-Brits (I'm assuming you're not counting Scots as "foreign"?).

I think in terms of Premiership regs, only Toomaga-Allen will be considered "foreign", as the rest qualify to play by dint of being EU citizens or under the Cotonou agreement (Fekitoa being Tongan born).

I see your point though.

Edit: Oh, and with the political situation being what it is, who the f**k knows what happens next?

Last edited by Ricardo74 on Thu 14 Mar 2019, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a line about B****t.)

Ricardo74

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo74 Thu 14 Mar 2019, 1:10 pm

Another one to add to the Wasps "players out" list: Joe Atkinson (flanker) leaving Wasps to go to Bedford Blues.

Ricardo74

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 14 Mar 2019, 4:02 pm

Looks like Dean has put out assurances that Zac is not going anywhere...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 15 Mar 2019, 3:01 am

Sam Hidalgo-Clyne signs with Quins on loan from Scarlets for the rest of the season.

I really hope SHC recaptures his form. There's a fantastic player in there when he fires.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 15 Mar 2019, 10:37 am

Luke Whitelock joins the NZ exodus after the RWC, signing a three year deal with Pau.

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 15 Mar 2019, 10:48 am

Fluxy wrote:Luke Whitelock joins the NZ exodus after the RWC, signing a three year deal with Pau.

Is Conrad Smith on the staff there? Colin Slade his former Canterbury team mate is the flyhalf there.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 16 Mar 2019, 2:39 am

king_carlos wrote:Sam Hidalgo-Clyne signs with Quins on loan from Scarlets for the rest of the season.

I really hope SHC recaptures his form. There's a fantastic player in there when he fires.

He was meant to be pretty good when on form wasnt he?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 16 Mar 2019, 2:31 pm

He's a terrific player on form, yappy.

A good playmaker and goal kicker who runs the ball well. He'd suit Quins well if he fires. I hope he recaptures the form that got many in Edinburgh excited about him a few seasons ago.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sun 17 Mar 2019, 9:43 am

Will Witty confirmed to Exeter.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by rosbif Sun 17 Mar 2019, 1:07 pm

How good is Witty?

rosbif

http://www.brittanygite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 18 Mar 2019, 3:09 am

king_carlos wrote:He's a terrific player on form, yappy.

A good playmaker and goal kicker who runs the ball well. He'd suit Quins well if he fires. I hope he recaptures the form that got many in Edinburgh excited about him a few seasons ago.

That sounds great because after Care we have pretty mediocre replacements apart from the potentially very good Saunders, but he's still very young. I remember the Scots fans banging on about SHC seasons ago but hadn't heard anything for a while. Hopefully he'll kick on under Gussy.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 18 Mar 2019, 9:29 am

rosbif wrote:How good is Witty?

Hes a big powerful lad. I think he needs to understand how use his power more...and really become an enforcer, and dominate the tight exchanges.
With Exeter I think they'll get that out of him.

Im gutted hes going.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by rosbif Mon 18 Mar 2019, 1:07 pm

On another subject GF does Wilison have captain potential ,thinking about England as he looks like a motivated gnarled rugged forward.

rosbif

http://www.brittanygite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 18 Mar 2019, 1:23 pm

yappysnap wrote:

That sounds great because after Care we have pretty mediocre replacements apart from the potentially very good Saunders, but he's still very young. I remember the Scots fans banging on about SHC seasons ago but hadn't heard anything for a while. Hopefully he'll kick on under Gussy.
You've also just signed Martin Landajo, that's a very good scrum half stable

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 18 Mar 2019, 2:44 pm

rosbif wrote:On another subject GF does Wilison have captain potential  ,thinking about England as he looks like a motivated  gnarled rugged forward.

He would...IF he was viewed as a long term option in the side. He is regularly the Falcons captain. However Im not sure if he will be considered a long term option.

I suspect post world cup players like Dombrandt, Hill, Underhill may move ahead for that 6 spot...and your captain needs to be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Mon 18 Mar 2019, 4:29 pm

Quins have also signed Argentine prop Santiago Garcia Botta for next season

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 18 Mar 2019, 5:33 pm

Landajo and Botta are strong internationals but that is a lot of money invested into loosehead and scrum half by Quins. Great for depth to have Marler/Botta and Care/Landajo though.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 18 Mar 2019, 8:29 pm

We have announced lock Greg Peterson from Bordeaux Begles for next season.

Australian who has played for USA through grandparents rule.

HHmmm hardly an inspiring signing...however we shall see. He may be good in the championship

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 18 Mar 2019, 9:20 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:We have announced lock Greg Peterson from Bordeaux Begles for next season.

HHmmm hardly an inspiring signing...however we shall see. He may be good in the championship

He had a completely forgettable spell with us. Big bloke but couldn't get in the side and disappeared fairly quickly.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 18 Mar 2019, 9:43 pm

Yeah that seems to be the trend at all of his clubs Sam. He's barely played a game for Begles.

I just hope we re-sign Olmstead on a 2 year contract. Don't have a clue why Dean let him go in the first place!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 18 Mar 2019, 10:10 pm

king_carlos wrote:Landajo and Botta are strong internationals but that is a lot of money invested into loosehead and scrum half by Quins. Great for depth to have Marler/Botta and Care/Landajo though.

Yea and tbf it's probably unfair but they aren't going to demand as much as say a kiwi player would, while they're still very good Int players (I hope).

Scrum half has been a big weakness for us since Dickson retired. It's literally lost us games at times with just how laughably bad the back ups have been, especially when Care goes through one of his poor spells.

Props are always good to have, and I can see us getting rid of one or two at the end of the season. We're also pretty well stocked in most other places. I can see us getting another backrower, as it's mentioned in the comedy video the club posted, and we're losing Wallace and potentially Bothma/Luamanu.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 18 Mar 2019, 11:13 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:We have announced lock Greg Peterson from Bordeaux Begles for next season.

He had a completely forgettable spell with us. Big bloke but couldn't get in the side and disappeared fairly quickly.

Was with glasgow for 2 and a half years, we sent him off to Bordeuax during this season.

A really big guy who never really punches his weight, a decent enough squad player, but that is about it. I am very happy to swap him for Andrew Davidson.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo74 Tue 19 Mar 2019, 10:18 am

Campagnaro from Wasps to Quins too.

Another decent signing for Quins, and another one out of the door at Wasps (although to be fair he did a job for half a season after Wade walked).

Ricardo74

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 19 Mar 2019, 10:31 am

BigGee wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:

Was with glasgow for 2 and a half years, we sent him off to Bordeuax during this season.

A really big guy who never really punches his weight, a decent enough squad player, but that is about it. I am very happy to swap him for Andrew Davidson.

Im most certainly not!!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 19 Mar 2019, 1:08 pm

yappysnap wrote:

Do you not rate Mulchrone Yappy? I thought he's looks really sharp when he was fit - unfortunately now got a long term injury (Hence Hidalgo-Clyne coming in).

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 19 Mar 2019, 1:16 pm

Campagnaro is an interesting one. Bit of a mercurial player at times - but struck me as a bit of an individual.
I might be completely off base - but was there some attitude issues about not being selected for more Chiefs games?
Correct me if I am wrong but he also offers versatility to cover wing and centre.

Latest signings for Quins are 2 Argentinians and an Italian (all good players) but I am still wondering what the Quins 'Special Deal' is with the AB's!

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 19 Mar 2019, 1:37 pm

I do not know if it has been discussed on here but Bristol have signed Toby Fricker from Ebbw Vale in the Welsh Prem.

He has been setting the league alight this season, and I am very surprised none of the regions took a gamble.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo74 Tue 19 Mar 2019, 2:30 pm

propdavid_london wrote:Campagnaro is an interesting one.  Bit of a mercurial player at times - but struck me as a bit of an individual.  
I might be completely off base - but was there some attitude issues about not being selected for more Chiefs games?
Correct me if I am wrong but he also offers versatility to cover wing and centre.

Not aware of any attitude issues; injury restricted his chances at Chiefs, but he slotted in well at Wasps, to the best of my knowledge. Versatility-wise, he definitely played both centre and wing for Wasps.

Did he not captain Italy at least once in this 6N? Implies there is a team ethos in him! [Edit - just checked this, and looks like I made it up]

Last edited by Ricardo74 on Tue 19 Mar 2019, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fact check!)

Ricardo74

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 19 Mar 2019, 2:58 pm

Shamelessly borrowed from SA sporting website:

"Afrikaans newspaper Rapport indicated on Sunday that about 55 of the country's top rugby players have yet to sign deals with their Super Rugby franchises.

Fourteen of them are reported to have already signed deals with overseas teams.

The 14 players are Stormers trio Eben Etzebeth (Toulon, France), EW Viljoen (Leicester Tigers, England) and Dillyn Leyds (Wasps, England); Bulls quartet RG Snyman (Honda Heat, Japan), Eli Snyman (Treviso, Italy), Hendre Stassen (Stade Francais, France) and Duane Vermeulen (Kubota Spears, Japan); Sharks quintet Jacques Vermeulen (Exeter Chiefs, England), Akker van der Merwe, Jean-Luc du Preez, Dan du Preez and Robert du Preez (all Sale Sharks, England); and Lions duo Stephan Lewies (Harlequins) and Nic Groom (Edinburgh, Scotland)."

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 19 Mar 2019, 3:06 pm

I think you are right Ricardo - although I think it was one of the Nov tests he captained.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 19 Mar 2019, 3:09 pm

Stephan Lewies - Big SA Lock would be just the ticket for Quins

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 19 Mar 2019, 3:17 pm

Am I dreaming, or were we discussing what Snyman would bring to Quins recently? Was that just rumours and wishful thinking

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 19 Mar 2019, 3:29 pm

BamBam wrote:Am I dreaming, or were we discussing what Snyman would bring to Quins recently? Was that just rumours and wishful thinking

I heard something similar. Scott Baldwin of 'lion biting hand fame' as also signed for Quins next season.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 19 Mar 2019, 3:29 pm

BamBam wrote:Am I dreaming, or were we discussing what Snyman would bring to Quins recently? Was that just rumours and wishful thinking

Might have been agent work or it might have been crossed wires as according to that article they've signed a different SA lock.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 19 Mar 2019, 3:34 pm

Hadnt heard about Scott Baldwin....
Just seen on the Beeb
I thought with Elia, Crumpton and Ward we were well stocked at hooker - perhaps one of those chaps are off.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 19 Mar 2019, 4:43 pm

propdavid_london wrote:Hadnt heard about Scott Baldwin....
Just seen on the Beeb
I thought with Elia, Crumpton and Ward we were well stocked at hooker - perhaps one of those chaps are off.

Dave I sent you a PM on the 6th of February giving you that information that Baldwin had signed for you, it's in my outbox perhaps you haven't seen it.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 19 Mar 2019, 4:48 pm

Don't you mean Scott had signed for Quins, Baldwin seems so impersonal thumbsup

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 19 Mar 2019, 4:49 pm

Ha, so you did wayne.
Thank you - I've just seen it. picard

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 19 Mar 2019, 6:37 pm

propdavid_london wrote:
yappysnap wrote:

Do you not rate Mulchrone Yappy? I thought he's looks really sharp when he was fit - unfortunately now got a long term injury (Hence Hidalgo-Clyne coming in).

I'd forgotten about Mulchrone! He was very good but out for a long time as you say.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2019, 9:53 pm

Josh Adams has signed for Cardiff Blues.

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 20 Mar 2019, 8:01 am

The Oracle wrote:Josh Adams has signed for Cardiff Blues.

Good signing for Blues, hope the move does not stunt Adams development.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next