The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20

+56
Cumbrian
marty2086
RugbyFan100
Pete330v2
Maine man
LeinsterFan4life
stnick88
Stone Motif
Gooseberry
Dollar Bill
EWT Spoons
jimbopip
PhilBB
Rinsure
Welshmushroom
TheMildlyFranticLlama
geoff999rugby
Eejit
TightHEAD
Rugby Fan
RiscaGame
wayne
rosbif
LordDowlais
Heaf
lostinwales
WELL-PAST-IT
maestegmafia
BigTrevsbigmac
mikey_dragon
nathan
Tramptastic
demosthenes
stub
Ricardo74
Scottrf
Fluxy
Smudge21
SirBurger
BigGee
Margin_Walker
Hazel Sapling
BamBam
propdavid_london
Sgt_Pooly
alcoombe
Welly
Bathite
carpet baboon
No 7&1/2
yappysnap
king_carlos
bluestonevedder
LondonTiger
Geordie
George Carlin
60 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20 - Page 17 Empty Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20

Post by George Carlin Mon 04 Feb 2019, 7:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

New year, new thread, new scuttlebutt, rumour and misdirection.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20 - Page 17 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20

Post by LondonTiger Tue 21 May 2019, 1:36 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Hammersley confirmed to Sale

Like the Chris Harris one, im not actually bothered about it...i think we have better coming through.

Hammersley's kicking is aimless and put us in danger more than not.

Hmm, slightly disappointed Tigers couldn't put something together to bring him to WR. We need a bit more cover in the back three, particularly at 15. Murphy has a good track record improving fullbacks as well so could have worked out nicely.

If Sale keep recruiting, perhaps we can pick up Sam and Luke James Smile

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20 - Page 17 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 19/20

Post by Geordie Tue 21 May 2019, 1:36 pm

To be honest i think you can find a better FB Sam. Ive never hid my criticsim of him or Harris. I firmly believe and have always stated Alex tait is a way better alround premiership full back.

He may well do ok with his running in the Sale backline, but its his alround game thats an issue, and i dont believe can be improved. Especially his one on one tackling.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 21 May 2019, 2:20 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

Like the Chris Harris one, im not actually bothered about it...i think we have better coming through.

Hmm, slightly disappointed Tigers couldn't put something together to bring him to WR. We need a bit more cover in the back three, particularly at 15. Murphy has a good track record improving fullbacks as well so could have worked out nicely.

Sam James is one of, if not the most, underrated player in the league. I'm a big fan of his and would happily have him slot in at 12 alongside Manu. Luke is a good young all rounder as well and I'd happily take him at WR. Sadly I think they both have long term deals at Sale.

GeordieFalcon wrote:To be honest i think you can find a better FB Sam. Ive never hid my criticsim of him or Harris. I firmly believe and have always stated Alex tait is a way better alround premiership full back.

He may well do ok with his running in the Sale backline, but its his alround game thats an issue, and i dont believe can be improved. Especially his one on one tackling.

As I said Geordie is great at bringing on players as fullbacks. Just look at TV, he's gone from a live wire winger who struggled to get a Super Rugby contract because of his all round game to one of the best fullbacks in the AP. His kicking and work under the high ball are unrecognisable. We could have done similar with Hanmersley.

We have got a good young fullback on the way through who could push on and be a future international but he's very young at present and still with England under 18 s.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 21 May 2019, 2:50 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

Sounds like cap space is the issue there.

Apparently Blommetjies wanted to stay but there just wasn't budget to bring him in. It's a shame as he played well in his brief time at Welford Road.

Tigers still need back three depth with Veainu and May at the RWC then inevitably needing significant rest and/or rehab time.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 21 May 2019, 4:48 pm

king_carlos wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

Sounds like cap space is the issue there.

Apparently Blommetjies wanted to stay but there just wasn't budget to bring him in. It's a shame as he played well in his brief time at Welford Road.

Tigers still need back three depth with Veainu and May at the RWC then inevitably needing significant rest and/or rehab time.

Depends whether Scarlets wanted a fee for his release as well. He's still a got a year left on his contract there.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 21 May 2019, 5:22 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Depends whether Scarlets wanted a fee for his release as well. He's still a got a year left on his contract there.
Scarlets will lose Halfpenny and possibly Steff Evans to the RWC but they have a few wingers. Could be in both parties interest but time will tell.

Blommetjies feels like a throw back in some ways. From one angle he looks too skinny to play modern rugby then from another he looks to have a slight pot belly that indicates why Scarlets told him to improve his conditioning!  Laugh

He showed good feet and commitment to defensive work in his brief outings though.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 21 May 2019, 7:39 pm

George Mcguigan announces hes staying.
Hhmm ok.
Hes the one I expected to Jump ship like a rat.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 21 May 2019, 8:06 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:George Mcguigan announces hes staying.
Hhmm ok.

Either he doesn't have any offers or he jumped ship once and regretted so is staying. You never know he might have the club closer to his heart than you think. He should tear it up in the Championship.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Margin_Walker Tue 21 May 2019, 8:17 pm

Mcguigan would have had offers imo.

He could do a job in plenty of Premiership squads.

Margin_Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 21 May 2019, 9:16 pm

Blommetjies didn't seem to feature much for Scarlets. On the whole both their new South Africans have been underwhelming although Cassiem seems to be coming good now and will be a handy guy to have at the beginning of next season. If Blommetjies has improved then same for him.

Ruan Botha is a good signing for LI. Dragons were close to signing him, a shame we just about missed out... Looks like LI have quite the monster pack next season and they could approach the top 6.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 21 May 2019, 11:28 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:George Mcguigan announces hes staying.
Hhmm ok.

Either he doesn't have any offers or he jumped ship once and regretted so is staying. You never know he might have the club closer to his heart than you think. He should tear it up in the Championship.

Yeah very true Sam on both counts. Maybe his move to you guys has shifted his thoughts a little and he's decided this is the club he wants to be with having come through the academy.

Well, fair do's to him...and yes he should be very good in the championship.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinsure Wed 22 May 2019, 2:10 pm

It's not really transfer news per se, but since it does involve squad news I'll chuck it in here.

Wasps have promoted seven from the academy to the first team squad for the 19/20 season:

Tom Willis (20) - Jack's younger brother, also back rower, Eng U20 capt.
Gabriel Oghre (20) - Hooker, also Eng U20 player
Will Porter (20) - SH, Eng U18 representative
Tim Cardall (22) - Lock, Eng Students representative
Callum Sirker (21) - Wing, Eng 7s
Owain James (22) - FB
Sam Spink (19) - Centre, Eng U18 / U20

Some exciting talent coming through. Hopefully alongside the big name players they'll shine!

Rinsure

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 22 May 2019, 2:37 pm

Is it true that Tom Willis is potentially better than Jack? If thats the case...thats some statement.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 22 May 2019, 2:40 pm

Dunno about Tom being better than Jack but I know the hooker Oghre is rated very highly.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinsure Wed 22 May 2019, 2:46 pm

Tom Willis is primarily an 8, he looks a bit thicker set than Jack, but from what I've seen plays very much in the same mould - although maybe more powerful in the carry.

We seem to be doing something right in the hooker department, with Oghre coming up this season, and Alfie Barbeary tearing up trees (https://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/features/young-gun/32383/young-gun-alfie-barbeary-wasps-england-u18-hooker/). Hanging on to them might be the challenge, I think.

Rinsure

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 22 May 2019, 3:13 pm

Ah ok cheers.

Certainly bodes well for Wasps and England.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 23 May 2019, 7:34 pm

Mike Delaney Highlanders defence coach to Scarlets, kinda old news now though. A coach that I guess will suit their style of play, good attack and a sort of leaky defence Smile.

Saracens have signed another Welsh prop, 21 year old Sam Wainright from RGC. Are Sarries set on developing good prop forwards for us, or do they just need big lumps to hold tackle bags for their even bigger lumps?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Margin_Walker Thu 23 May 2019, 8:27 pm

Glenn Delaney.

Ex Nottingham DOR and London Irish Head Coach

Margin_Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 23 May 2019, 9:03 pm

Yeah him.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 25 May 2019, 3:20 pm

Graham Rowntree rumoured to Munster.

I'd love Wig back at Tigers and was hoping it might happen after spending the RWC with Georgia.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 25 May 2019, 3:27 pm

I'm unsure on Wig. I mean as a player he was phenomenal. As a coach last time out at Quins though, that didn't look good. Time at England was a mixed bag. A stretch at Munster might be better for his career, Van Graan and that mean Munster pack should be quite instructive. Going to Munster now and Tigers later might work out better for everyone.

Flannery if he hasn't picked up a new job already would be very welcome at Tigers. Ford Snr looks likely to stay so he can take on defensive duties. Bakewell should go as well and Flannery would be a good choice to add some steel to our 8.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sat 25 May 2019, 10:55 pm

Scotland Head of Rugby operations Jan Mcginity to Leicester Tigers

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 25 May 2019, 11:02 pm

Welly wrote:Scotland Head of Rugby operations Jan Mcginity to Leicester Tigers
Interesting. Taking over the role that Glynn has moved on from I'd presume?

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 26 May 2019, 7:22 am

king_carlos wrote:
Welly wrote:Scotland Head of Rugby operations Jan Mcginity to Leicester Tigers
Interesting. Taking over the role that Glynn has moved on from I'd presume?

Sounds promising. Glynn is an asset to the club he's just an asset that has been given too much to do. Some of which isn't really in his key skillset. Get him back to scouting and remove the operations burden, a good choice.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 28 May 2019, 12:59 pm

Looking more and more like Zac Kibirige to Wasps is a done deal.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinsure Tue 28 May 2019, 1:41 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Looking more and more like Zac Kibirige to Wasps is a done deal.

I'd be pretty happy with that, he's looked quality when I've seen him. I've been saying we're still a player light in the back three, and this addresses that. Obviously bad news for Newcastle, but unfortunately it seems he won't be the only one leaving.

In other news, Wasps have re-signed James Gaskell on a new deal. Which is nice.

Rinsure

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 28 May 2019, 2:18 pm

Well we have another young lad 19yo Morgan Passman who is breaking try scoring records for Blaydon, so hopefully  he will get blooded next season...

BUt it would be nice to actually keep and play some of the talented kids we produce!

Dean is slow at giving kids gametime....its almost like a trust issue.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 31 May 2019, 10:18 am

Sam Davies to Dragons and Anscombe already gone to Ospreys. Does this leave Cardiff the odd ones out in the flyhalf merry-go-round?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 31 May 2019, 12:41 pm

Ha. Possibly not, as there is a slight rumour of Jason Tovey joining them.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 31 May 2019, 3:04 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Ha. Possibly not, as there is a slight rumour of Jason Tovey joining them.

Didn't realise he was still playing.

The rumours of Owen Williams heading home not coming to much?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 31 May 2019, 4:36 pm

Gareth Evans Gloucester No 8 to us (Ospreys). Welsh connections so doesn't take up a NWQ spot.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri 31 May 2019, 5:50 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Ha. Possibly not, as there is a slight rumour of Jason Tovey joining them.

He'd be in for a hell of a pay cut if he did
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 31 May 2019, 9:47 pm

Stone Motif wrote:

That's likely to be the case wherever he goes after Glaws. Possibly be worse after another year of twiddling his thumbs on the bench behind Cipriani.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 01 Jun 2019, 2:31 am

Will Skelton is looking at an arrangement which will allow him to play in the World Cup. Currenr rules mean he will need to sign for Super Rugby, so Saracens will lose him for at least a season, unless something else can be arranged.

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/story/_/id/26844329/will-skelton-edging-closer-shock-rugby-world-cup-return

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 01 Jun 2019, 3:15 am

Stone Motif wrote:

That's likely to be the case wherever he goes after Glaws. Possibly be worse after another year of twiddling his thumbs on the bench behind Cipriani.

Nothing on the Owen Williams front, but rumour has it Callum Sheedy is to drop out of the England squad and move back to Wales....

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 01 Jun 2019, 3:17 am

wayne wrote:Gareth Evans Gloucester No 8 to us (Ospreys). Welsh connections so doesn't take up a NWQ spot.

Ospreys needed 8 cover. Is he any good? I think Boyde would have been a good signing for you too.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 01 Jun 2019, 7:00 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Nothing on the Owen Williams front, but rumour has it Callum Sheedy is to drop out of the England squad and move back to Wales....

That would be interesting. He’s named on the bench vs Baa Baas

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 01 Jun 2019, 11:15 am

maestegmafia wrote:That would be interesting. He’s named on the bench vs Baa Baas
This isn't a fixture which will lock in anyone's international elibility.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 01 Jun 2019, 11:20 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
wayne wrote:Gareth Evans Gloucester No 8 to us (Ospreys). Welsh connections so doesn't take up a NWQ spot.

Ospreys needed 8 cover. Is he any good? I think Boyde would have been a good signing for you too.

He is a good club player. Not likely to get capped ever but the kind of club player that is popular with fans. Mobile, physical and decent skillset. I wouldn't have minded Tigers picking him up.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 01 Jun 2019, 3:40 pm

That’s the impression I had. Anyway, Tovey did go to Cardiff. RE Sheedy, he dodged the game against France U20 so was keeping his options open. I think he is the type of player we should be targeting seeing as we don’t produce that many good fly-halves these days, unless he has no wish to ever play for us of course.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 01 Jun 2019, 4:00 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:That’s the impression I had. Anyway, Tovey did go to Cardiff. RE Sheedy, he dodged the game against France U20 so was keeping his options open. I think he is the type of player we should be targeting seeing as we don’t produce that many good fly-halves these days, unless he has no wish to ever play for us of course.

You've got Sam Costelow on the way through. He's very highly thought of here in the East Midlands. Exciting player who we should start to see appearing in and around the first team squad next season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 01 Jun 2019, 6:05 pm

Not sure about Costelow, he seems a bit of a luxury player and we already have one in Matthew Morgan. It’ll be difficult to lure some of these guys back from big English clubs though.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 01 Jun 2019, 6:13 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

He is a good club player. Not likely to get capped ever but the kind of club player that is popular with fans. Mobile, physical and decent skillset. I wouldn't have minded Tigers picking him up.

Sam, thanks for that, if what you say is accurate, and that has been backed up apparently from Gloucester fans, that is exactly what we need, our 8 for the past few years Dan Baker has been out all last season, although he was expected back for at least the last month of the past season. A bit of competition for that position is exactly what we need, King did a decent job, but his best position is 6. A couple more signings in back up positions has been alluded to from Ospreys staff with 10 and 15 my hopes. We've been very fortunate with Dan Evans and IMO Luke Price is not the answer when Anscombe is away, unless Ieuan Evans's son Cai can make a meteoric rise, but I think he's going to be a better 15 than 10.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Tue 04 Jun 2019, 2:23 pm

Rowntree to Munster after RWC.

Rowntree
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 04 Jun 2019, 3:23 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:Rowntree to Munster after RWC.

Rowntree

Anyone know where Flannery is going yet?

mikey_dragon wrote:Not sure about Costelow, he seems a bit of a luxury player and we already have one in Matthew Morgan. It’ll be difficult to lure some of these guys back from big English clubs though.

Tigers aren't big on luxury players. Plus he'll have Ford as a mentor so we should see his tactical game develop nicely. He's got all the attacking skills to unlock a defence and his kicking game off the tee is good.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 04 Jun 2019, 3:51 pm

Mark Wilson to Saracens? Rumour....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 04 Jun 2019, 4:03 pm

Rowntree

Hopefully not to Leicestershire.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 04 Jun 2019, 4:17 pm

Rowntree

Top signing

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 04 Jun 2019, 5:47 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

Rowntree

Hopefully not to Leicestershire.
Why do you say that out of interest LT?

Flannery wouldn't be my first choice forwards coach but wouldn't be upset by him coming in either.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 04 Jun 2019, 6:31 pm

KC,

Having come into contact with him at charity dinner and a coaching conference I have a little disquiet about him being able to settle within the area.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next