The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Azzrentice - Task One, Team One - Team 1

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Azzrentice - Task One, Team One -  Team 1 Empty Azzrentice - Task One, Team One - Team 1

Post by Trebs Wed 29 May 2019 - 16:48

Team page to discuss ideas for task one - flower of Scotland.

Coaching, tactics and playing style /5 - NADZ
Playing personnel /5 - ALL
Resolving the stadium issue /5 - FLUXY
improving the quality of available personnel /5 - DOLPH
Other ideas /10 - TREBS/ALL

======================

Draft Submission:

[quote="Trebs"]Good Morning Lord Azzy,

I would like to present our first task, The Flower of Scotland, on behalf of Team Unicorn. This has been worked on by myself, Fluxy, Dolph and Nadz.

COACHING, TACTICS AND PLAYING STYLE:

PLAYING PERSONNEL:

RESOLVING THE STADIUM ISSUE:

IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF AVAILABLE PERSONNEL:

Other Ideas:

Last edited by Trebs on Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 13:39; edited 2 times in total

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Azzrentice - Task One, Team One -  Team 1 Empty Re: Azzrentice - Task One, Team One - Team 1

Post by Trebs Wed 29 May 2019 - 16:49

Hi guys,

So, first and foremost, we need to decide who wants to be the captain on this task. Any of you guys Scottish/have any particular knowledge on the situation up there.

If nobody else wants it then I'll do it. But I'm not very knowledgeable on this task.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Azzrentice - Task One, Team One -  Team 1 Empty Re: Azzrentice - Task One, Team One - Team 1

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 30 May 2019 - 5:37

I vote the team name be Unicorn. Multi-faceted, can work for Scotland, children, beauty, animals and sexually. It's the best term.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 30 May 2019 - 10:42

The unicorn is Scotland's national animal...

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 30 May 2019 - 11:02

Sharp today, Fluxy. Glad to have you on the team.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 30 May 2019 - 12:50

You can be the captain trebs.

I would recommend the name 'The Bravehearts' Nearly every Scottish person knows the story of William Wallace and the name would inspire the players and everyone in the Scottish FA.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 30 May 2019 - 12:50

Initial Thoughts

The players that 'retired' or refused to play under the previous manager should be, for now, not considered part of the squad. Would put a comment in echoing Steve Clarke's views that players who want to be considered should get in touch then will be available for future squads.

Kieron Tierney, Scott McTominay, Tom Cairney and Andrew Robertson are our best players. Need to find a system to get the best out of them.

Should we consider players like Naismith, Fletcher, Gordon etc or are we wanting to completely revamp the side?

Need to look at getting young players to pledge their allegience to Scotland before the other home nations. Can we do better in getting U18s, U21s involved in our team? Players like Declan Rice who have ended up playing for England. If you look at the list of Ireland or Wales players born outside there compared to Scotland, there's a lot more of them.

Steve Clarke involved in the interview team for new youth staff?

Murrayfield is a really good venue in terms of transport, facilities and such. The atmosphere is great for the rugby and think this should be used for future games rather than Hampden.

More competitive SPL should improve the options we have within our own league in the future. I think it's getting better at the moment with Rangers. Not sure if we should get more invovled in the domestic game or whether that's beyond the scope of this task?

Should Scotland games be taken off Sky and put on free to air? Or make Sky put the games on Youtube, similar to BT Sport and the Champions League? Check viewing figures?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 30 May 2019 - 13:13

Current Scotland squad - selected the other day.

Goalkeepers
Scott Bain (Celtic),
Liam Kelly (Livingston)
David Marshall (Hull City)
Jon McLaughlin (Sunderland)

Defenders
Michael Devlin (Aberdeen)
Stuart Findlay (Kilmarnock)
Scott McKenna (Aberdeen)
Charlie Mulgrew (Blackburn Rovers)
Stephen O'Donnell (Kilmarnock)
Liam Palmer (Sheffield Wednesday)
Andrew Robertson (Liverpool)
John Souttar (Heart of Midlothian)
Greg Taylor (Kilmarnock)

Midfielders
Stuart Armstrong (Southampton)
Tom Cairney (Fulham)
John McGinn (Aston Villa)
Callum McGregor (Celtic)
Kenny McLean (Norwich City)
Scott McTominay (Manchester United)
Graeme Shinnie (Aberdeen)

Forwards
Eamonn Brophy (Kilmarnock)
Oliver Burke (Celtic, on loan from West Brom)
James Forrest (Celtic)
Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth)
Marc McNulty (Hibernian, on loan from Reading)
Lewis Morgan (Sunderland, on loan from Celtic)
Johnny Russell (Sporting Kansas City)

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 30 May 2019 - 13:17

Fraser, Burke and McGinn should be undisputed starters aswell. What about Robert Snodgrass? Think an experienced player like him should have a place in the team but it looks like he wasn't called up irl.

I think the best way forward is a youthful side with a couple of experienced heads in the squad.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 30 May 2019 - 13:18

Okay, I'll be captain.

Two things:

1. Are there any initial thoughts, or things you feel strongly about with this task before we go into the detail?

2. Does anyone have a particular section they feel knowledgeable about/want to do.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 30 May 2019 - 13:20

nadeem2099 wrote:Fraser, Burke and McGinn should be undisputed starters aswell. What about Robert Snodgrass? Think an experienced player like him should have a place in the team but it looks like he wasn't called up irl.

I think the best way forward is a youthful side with a couple of experienced heads in the squad.

Agreed.

I like Snodgrass but he asked not to be considered for Scotland games as he had a falling out with the previous manager. For the time being, I'd not include him in the squad. But he deserves to be there on talent.

I thought Fraser was unavailable, but yeah he should definitely be in the side.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 30 May 2019 - 13:33

Trebs wrote:Okay, I'll be captain.

Two things:

1. Are there any initial thoughts, or things you feel strongly about with this task before we go into the detail?

2. Does anyone have a particular section they feel knowledgeable about/want to do.
I would prefer to do the tactics. I think I could create 2 different sets of tactics, one against teams like Macedonia and Faroe Islands etc and another for when we come up against stronger opponent's like England and Germany.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 30 May 2019 - 13:36

Okay, that's fine by me.

Will wait to hear what Fluxy and Dolph's thoughts are - hopefully they both have some ideas and opinions.

I'll let them pick their ideal sections and then will take on the rest myself.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 30 May 2019 - 14:01

OK
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 30 May 2019 - 14:09

Liking all the thoughts gents. I wouldn't mind tackling the stadia and infrastructure part - got to put my name to something I guess!

I believe there is something in having a standard home stadium, but taking games to other grounds for games to help grow the game and inspire the next generation. Unlike some smaller nations - Scotland has four stadiums that are over 50k capacity (Murrayfield, Celtic Park, Hampden and then Ibrox)

Also in part in making the SPL more competitive and hence generating and growing more SQP (Scottish qualified players) would we want to look in incentivising quotas. e.g. number of SQP's in a squad and U23/U18 SQPs?

Or something similar with scottish qualified coaches to create a pathway for managers and coaches.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 30 May 2019 - 14:11

I would suggest a conversation with players who have fallen out with the previous manager. No need to take a confrontational tone early, he has the time to talk to these players anyway, and should be looking to learn from past faults even if some of these players don’t want to come back into the fold.

I think there is reason to believe Tierney and Robertson could work well down a side together similarly to how Azpilicueta got many assists as a right sided third centre back and Moses became a right wing back.

I also think the examples of Northern Ireland and Wales should be looked at. What have they done to make a similar pool, two weaker leagues, become a relatively successful and two well/liked national sides? I’d suggest it is playing to their strengths and getting that ingrained into them, regardless of opposition.

Am I right in thinking Angus Gunn could represent Scotland? Be a fool not to call.

Snoddy possibly doesn’t make the XI on talent, but I’m concerned with lack of players who’ll do the ugly work.

There’s no good strikers. Forrest may have the ability play a false nine type role, although I think there’s a couple midfielders there who would be good enough and allow Fraser and Forrest the wings. Certainly can’t play two up top.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 30 May 2019 - 14:14

I would be asking for the input of Pat Nevin too, few smarter men who talk about the game, but with understanding of management and talent spotting

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 30 May 2019 - 22:08

Dolph - if you can find examples of players who are eligible for Scotland who we should be approaching that would be great.
And also those who we have missed out on over the years too. Write up the section about improving the playing personnel.

Fluxy - that would be great. If you could make a decision on what you think the best thing for us to do stadiumwise is. My initial thoughts is Murrayfield but happy to be persuaded otherwise.

I don't think there's much need for quotas at the moment though with plenty of Scottish players in the league? Isn't there a problem with EU employment law which makes it difficult for us to do that anyway? I'm sure there was talk in the Premier League about this.

Definitely liking the thoughts on coaches though!

I will come up with a rough idea for an initial squad and we can work from there.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 31 May 2019 - 9:26

I will take a look and propose something. 

I believe it would be worth including Liam Cooper somewhere. Decent CB and potential leader and current club captain. Not too late at 27 for a first cap.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 31 May 2019 - 11:08

John Fleck, somehow never capped, wants to play for Scotland but turned down a summer call up as he had a wedding to attend. He's a definite pick. Steven Naismith got 10 goals in 19 games in the SPL this year. Questions on attitude and age, though, he'll be 33 in September.

If they pick Angus Gunn like he's some sure thing, and I think it's pretty clear he's going to be an England international, then they should lose.

Outside of personnel and tactics, I'm not sure I know what to do. We should be mentioning Women's football

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 31 May 2019 - 11:39

Liam Lindsay of Barnsley isn't in that squad and could be the best defender in League One, and just promoted to the Champ. Alex Mowatt is also eligible and a quality player. So is Che Adams, I think, but he's not one to seriously ask for a year or two.

Oli McBurnie is the best striker they have, although him and Leigh Griffiths are the options. Outside shout for Ryan Christie.

Matt Ritchie, Liam Bridcutt, Matty Phillips, Calum Paterson, aforementioned Snodgrass, Ryan Jack, Dylan McGeouch are well known (less so the last two) players who are not in that squad.

Jack Hendry (CB), Ryan Christie (AM - who has started to score goals), Jack Aitchison (ST), Glenn Middleton (winger - must be in future squads), Ryan Gauld (midfield - once dubbed the Scottish Messi, may flatter to deceive and not deliver on early promise), Alex Iacovitti (CB), Jack Grimmer (RB) are the future of this side, but can perform now, whilst Ruben Sammut is meant to be something special for Chelsea's academy and Robby McCrorie (keeper) has been linked to Premier League sides.

Darren Fletcher should be welcomed into the coaching setup.

Pat Nevin would be worth having in some sort of advisory role. A link between the youth setups and the national side, he has an absolute eye for talent and reading of the game.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 31 May 2019 - 11:45

Coaching, tactics and playing style /5
Playing personnel /5
Resolving the stadium issue /5
improving the quality of available personnel /5
Other ideas /10

Just to remember what we're looking to score on here

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 31 May 2019 - 11:50

I notice that Hibs have pulled out of the newly-revamped (simplified name) reserve squads league, which I think Rangers have only just decided to come into. Rangers and Celtic have outwardly suggested concerns of lack of competition, I believe they are involving more senior players (like English development squad systems) than in the past.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 31 May 2019 - 12:45

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:John Fleck, somehow never capped, wants to play for Scotland but turned down a summer call up as he had a wedding to attend. He's a definite pick. Steven Naismith got 10 goals in 19 games in the SPL this year. Questions on attitude and age, though, he'll be 33 in September.

If they pick Angus Gunn like he's some sure thing, and I think it's pretty clear he's going to be an England international, then they should lose.

Outside of personnel and tactics, I'm not sure I know what to do. We should be mentioning Women's football

We should make a list of players we would approach, such as Angus Gunn and ask if they want to play for Scotland. They would then be considered for subsequent squads.

John Fleck's a good player and I'd definitely be putting him in the squad.

Players like Naismith I'm probably slightly against, because we need to be looking forward. Will Naismith be playing in a tournament if we get there? Probably not.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 31 May 2019 - 13:23

There’s also a lad there who I was watching a video of the other day, Celtic youth player, who looks incredible. The Aussies were talking about it at my football team cos they are baffled that this lad could play like that at 15/16 in Scotland. Dembele

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 31 May 2019 - 13:36

RETIRED
James McArthur
Allan McGregor
Scott Brown
Callum Paterson
Ryan Fraser
Steven Fletcher

I would say that obviously Ryan Fraser is now in the squad, but can we assume that Callum Paterson and the others will be involved? I would leave them out for now and say that they will be considered for future squads if they make themselves available.

I think Ryan Gauld is the next Freddy Adu rather than the next Messi. Would avoid for now. As far as I can tell he isn't eligible to play for anyone else, so I'd just suggest monitoring him for future.

John Bostock has played a bit for Toulouse, and Jack Harper in the Spanish second division. I like it when squads have a bit of international experience, players like Eric Dier and Owen Hargreaves were a benefit to England IMO.

POTENTIAL NEWBIES
Angus Gunn
Ethan Hamilton
Billy Gilmour
Charlie Gilmour
Sam Gallagher

Hamilton and the Gilmours are young players at top clubs who could make it. Think they should be involved, at U21 level.

I'm happy to make approaches to Darren Fletcher and Pat Nevin. There was some talk that Fletcher hadn't retired from international football, but as some sort of intermediary between players and management he'd be perfect.

I think we need to figure out our best team and then build a squad off that.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 31 May 2019 - 13:45

19m per year TV money for the SPL - shared between BT and Sky, which is a disgrace. I'd say put all the SPL games on one network or the other (better for fans then as they only have to pay for one subscription) and then get the networks to have a bidding war for it. Even if Amazon Prime or someone like that end up getting involved then great. But I'd keep it exclusively on one network.

There needs to be a Match Of The Day Style SPL programme on the BBC - which I don't think there currently is?
I would prefer this to some sort of Youtube deal personally.

Can't find any details on the current Scotland national team deal. All Nations League games are all on Sky, home matches too. I think away matches tend to go to all different broadcasters which creates confusion. I'd say sod the additional money Sky brings and put it all on terrestrial TV.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 31 May 2019 - 15:54

I've just had a read of the ownership. It's similar to England, where the Premier League is run by a different organisation to the FA.

So the amount we can actually influence is limited. As the SPL is run by the Scottish Professional Football League.
We could make recommendations but I can't see us doing much more than that. I'd perhaps say we should recommend the future is that the live games are on one channel and that the new BBC Scotland channel has its own version of Match Of The Day. But a recommendation rather than enforcing it.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 31 May 2019 - 15:57

Cup competitions? FA Cup must be theirs

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 31 May 2019 - 16:30

Yeah they have the Scottish cup.

It's all live on the BBC at present. We could suggest selling some of these rights to raise funds. Similar to the FA Cup split between terrestrial and pay tv.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 11:12

What would their best starting 11 be at this moment in time?

Do we try and get the team to play the football that Steve Clarke likes to play or do we try and change the whole tactical setup? Assuming we let the manager decide the tactics, what style of football does he play as I don't know much about him?
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 12:19

Their own players, as per Kris Boyd a day after the appointment, would tell you it is a game at a time, work harder than everyone else, the worst team to play if they go a goal up.

But, he's been a youth coach, he's coached with Zola too, and our side with Zola and Clarke wasn't always effective, but very pretty. The "right way" to play football, as it were. The noise with us was he did the best coaching.

Suggests to me, he works with his resources, what he's told too, and has skills to adapt. I suggest if he is given a youth remit, he will work with that. Arguably, it's what the public wants. No one wants to watch 35 year old cloggers failing, but people will accept it from youth.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 12:53

Hi,

Really sorry but I lost my phone over the weekend. It's been found so I should be getting it back end of tomorrow. Just getting a quick message in on my lunch break using my work computer.

I'll do my best to do what I can but I'm really going to need your help with this one. If you can suggest as many ideas and get as much of it written up then I will polish it all together at the end.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 12:54

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Their own players, as per Kris Boyd a day after the appointment, would tell you it is a game at a time, work harder than everyone else, the worst team to play if they go a goal up.

But, he's been a youth coach, he's coached with Zola too, and our side with Zola and Clarke wasn't always effective, but very pretty. The "right way" to play football, as it were. The noise with us was he did the best coaching.

Suggests to me, he works with his resources, what he's told too, and has skills to adapt. I suggest if he is given a youth remit, he will work with that. Arguably, it's what the public wants. No one wants to watch 35 year old cloggers failing, but people will accept it from youth.

Agreed. We argue that Steve Clarke is an adaptable coach and we have a focus on a young team.

So pick the sort of tactics that suits our XI best.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 13:14

GOALKEEPERS
GK Scott Bain (Celtic),
GK Liam Kelly (Livingston)
GK Jon McLaughlin (Sunderland)

Defenders
RB Stephen O'Donnell (Kilmarnock)
RB Liam Palmer (Sheffield Wednesday)
CB Stuart Findlay (Kilmarnock)
CB Scott McKenna (Aberdeen)
CB Charlie Mulgrew (Blackburn Rovers)
CB John Souttar (Heart of Midlothian)
LB Greg Taylor (Kilmarnock)
LB/DF Kieron Tierney (Celtic)
LB Andrew Robertson (Liverpool)

MIDFIELDERS
DM Scott McTominay (Manchester United)
CM Stuart Armstrong (Southampton)
CM John Fleck (Sheff Utd)
CM Callum McGregor (Celtic)
AM Tom Cairney (Fulham)
AM John McGinn (Aston Villa)
AM Ryan Christie (Celtic)

FORWARDS
RW Oliver Burke (Celtic, on loan from West Brom)
RW James Forrest (Celtic)
RW Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth)
ST Leigh Griffiths (Celtic)
ST Oliver McBurnie (Swansea)
ST Marc McNulty (Hibernian, on loan from Reading)
LW Lewis Morgan (Sunderland, on loan from Celtic)

Need to cut this down a bit but I think this should be the basis of our first squad. We'd ask the potential new players if they want to play and also look to see if Callum Paterson wants a recall.

How big a potential talent is McBurnie? Should we put faith in him?
Is Mulgrew still worthy of a place in the squad? I think we need one expereinced head in there.

Is Jake Hastie worth calling up?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 13:36

I'll be piecing everything together tomorrow early evening - if you can either PM or post on here by 6pm tomorrow your sections, and any other ideas then I will piece it all together.

Would massively appreciate input into the squad.

Cheers.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 14:38

\So a breakdown on the stadium situation:

The SFA's lease with Hampden Park expires in 2020 - and had been in negotiations with Queens Park who own the ground to purchase Hampden and develop Lesser Hampden alongside the main stadium as their new ground. 

The cost is estimated at around £5m for the purchase of the ground - but talks halted in November 2018 - due to the Glasgow Council refusing to waive a floating charge unless it has a say on how the stadium is run. 

This would also seem to be around the fact that Hampden has been selected as one of the 13 stadiums at the Euro 2020. 

There seems to be some murmurings that Hampden costs £800k per annum to lease. But Queens Park has said it is less than this. 

A BBC pole on "Where should Scotland play their home games?" came out as: 
Hampden Park - 45%
Murrayfield - 39%
Other - 16%

Now there are two trains of thought - we remain at Hampden which is "spiritual home" of Scottish football, and hash out the deal with the Council, and play all games here. 

Or, secondly, continue with the purchase and share games across the country at different stadiums. Attendances at Hampden have been poor (the last outing saw 21,281 turn up in a 51,866). 

This was supported by Steven Naismith, after their game against Albania, back in September 2018. Stating "Scotland should forget moving to Murrayfield and stay at Hampden but move some games to smaller grounds to "gain advantage"."
Perhaps this would be the thought of most in the playing group. In which I would then propose, as per the fixtures on the Scottish FA webpage, the following ground shares: 

08/06/2019 - Scotland vs Cyprus - Pittodrie (20,866) - Aberdeen - Probably ignore this one, due to the date!
06/09/2019 - Scotland vs Russia - Hampden Park 
09/09/2019 - Scotland vs Belgium - Hampden Park
13/10/2019 - Scotland vs San Marino - Rugby Park (17,889) - Kilmarnock
19/11/2019 - Scotland vs Kazakhstan - Tannadice Park (14,223) - Dundee

Want any more info?

Regarding other ideas - might be worth trying to create doubleheaders with the U21's and the Women's team. Either play their games before the Men's or the night before etc.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 9:38

I think the night before works for U21/women. On the day is a logistical nightmare.
Is that possible for us to do, or would uefa or whoever control the fixtures?

My initial thought was a move to Murrayfield. But it seems that you've put a lot of thought into it, looked into it a lot more than I have so we'll go with that.

Cheers for your efforts

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 9:39

Nadz/Dolph when can I expect something from you guys?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 10:12

The U21's fixtures in a way line up, and look like this:

05/09/2019 - Scotland vs San Marino
10/10/2019 - Scotland vs Lithuania
15/11/2019 - Scotland vs Greece

They are listed as "UEFA European Championship" - which I am presuming is the qualifiers for the U21 Europeans in 2021 - seeing as the 2019 Championships are to be played later this year. 

5th Sept - would be a great opportunity for the U21's to play at the 'Spiritual home of football' in Scotland, the night before the mens. 

10th Oct - The next game for the U21's would be four days later in the Czech Republic, so moving the date would be impractical. But hosting the game at the same location as wouldn't be a stretch in my imagination. Perhaps the idea of setting up a National Team village from the 10th to the 13th in the City would help connect the supporters with the National teams again. 

15th Nov - Take the idea mentioned above, but I would hope to move this fixture closer to Senior game. On the 19th Nov - almost like bringing the party to the town of Dundee.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 12:05

Gonna need to agree on the best starting 11 first before I start doing tactics for them. I think the 4231 is the best option.

GK
RB CB CB LB
DM DM
RW AM LW
ST
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 12:16

My XI would be:
Bain

Tierney - Souttar - McKenna - Robertson

McTominay - McGinn

Fraser - Cairney - Forrest

Griffiths

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 12:53

Thoughts on Tierney as a LCB? Similar to Walker converting to a RCB?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 13:22

Trebs wrote:Thoughts on Tierney as a LCB? Similar to Walker converting to a RCB?
That only works in my mind because there are two other traditional CB's to do the usual donkey work, in a back three

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 13:28

Hello Lord Azzy,

I would like to present our first task, The Flower of Scotland, on behalf of Team Unicorn. This has been worked on by myself, Fluxy, Dolph and Nadz.

COACHING, TACTICS AND PLAYING STYLE:

PLAYING PERSONNEL:

RESOLVING THE STADIUM ISSUE:

IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF AVAILABLE PERSONNEL:

Other Ideas:

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 13:34

Please see the above. If anyone could make any additions, contributions, suggestions etc. by this evening that would be appreciated.

Tierney played as a RCB for Scotland recently. He almost always plays as a LB for Celtic, but occasionally as a LM. They played a back five. He's not small as and as long as he's with someone physical (say Charlie Mulgrew) I think he can operate as a CB, especially against the big sides.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 13:36

Are we serious about the name Team Unicorn?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 15:54

Might sound harsh but women's football is not relevant to this task. I would love to talk about that, but it's just outside of the scope in this case.

If Nadz and Dolph can do their sections and we can get a couple more ideas in the final section we'll do well I think.
Also needing to cut down the numbers a bit in the squad I proposed. Suggestions?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 19:14

Is going for a 3atb formation against stronger opposition a good idea as that is what I have gone with. I have decided to go with the team that fluxy posted above against similar/lower ranked nations but I want to go to a 3atb formation for when Scotland come up against the big teams as we will need more protection at the back. What would our best 11 be if we were to play a 361 formation.

------------------ GK -----------------
----------CB----CB----CB---------
RWB------- DM--DM-------- LWB
------------CM----------CM--------
----------------------------------------------
---------------------ST----------------------
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 20:16

Bain
Tierney mulgrew McKenna
Fraser Armstrong mctominay robertson
Cairney Forrest
Griffiths

Might be a bit of a gamble putting Fraser at rwb though?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next