The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+15
Be_the_ball
Davie
Collapse2005
superflyweight
JAS
Roller_Coaster
dynamark
wiretapper
super_realist
beninho
westisbest
pedro
navyblueshorts
kwinigolfer
McLaren
19 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 31 May 2019, 2:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Kwini

It amazes me that a professional footballer can end up one footed. Just practice with your weak foot every day.

I remember spending a summer playing with only my left foot in the garden. Came back next season two footed.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Oct 2019, 4:31 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:I'm talking about if they were in Europe now. They were a lot stronger when they were last  Europe than they are now. I think if either of the ugly sisters qualified for the CL (looks very unlikely in the future) then they would get annihilated by teams like Barca, Real, Bayern etc. Celtic certainly have been when they've been in during the last few years, and they're better than the current buns.
Do you seriously think they wouldn't get horsed now? If Bayern can do that to Spurs who have quality players, what would they do to tinpot teams from the SPL?

Didn’t realise the Europa league was a domestic competition, admittedly it’s not the top top teams but you trot out statements that grossly distort what’s actually going on. Rangers European record under Gerrard is as follows
Played 23
Won 12
Drawn 9
Lost 2
Goals for 38
Goals against 14

No matter how you try to spin that, for a novice manager of a “tinpot club” in a “tinpot league” only an ostrich with its head buried deeply in the sand could say that was not fairly impressive starting from pretty much scratch.

I clearly said how they would do against TOP opposition in the CL and even named the teams I think they would get pumped by. If you can't be bothered to read, what's the point?

I see you like to strawman about football just as much as you do in politics. The Europa League is terrible at the level Rangers are involved in or reach, and the majority of the stats you mention relate to qualification and very early group stage games.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Wed 02 Oct 2019, 7:45 pm

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:I'm talking about if they were in Europe now. They were a lot stronger when they were last  Europe than they are now. I think if either of the ugly sisters qualified for the CL (looks very unlikely in the future) then they would get annihilated by teams like Barca, Real, Bayern etc. Celtic certainly have been when they've been in during the last few years, and they're better than the current buns.
Do you seriously think they wouldn't get horsed now? If Bayern can do that to Spurs who have quality players, what would they do to tinpot teams from the SPL?

Didn’t realise the Europa league was a domestic competition, admittedly it’s not the top top teams but you trot out statements that grossly distort what’s actually going on. Rangers European record under Gerrard is as follows
Played 23
Won 12
Drawn 9
Lost 2
Goals for 38
Goals against 14

No matter how you try to spin that, for a novice manager of a “tinpot club” in a “tinpot league” only an ostrich with its head buried deeply in the sand could say that was not fairly impressive starting from pretty much scratch.

I clearly said how they would do against TOP opposition in the CL and even named the teams I think they would get pumped by. If you can't be bothered to read, what's the point?

I see you like to strawman about football just as much as you do in politics. The Europa League is terrible at the level Rangers are involved in or reach, and the majority of the stats you mention relate to qualification and very early group stage games.

FS this is hard work, what makes you think I’m not reading? You seem to be getting confused between not reading and not subscribing to your rather skewed narrative. How they “would” do can only be speculation at this point. The last games that you could say fell within your Top Team criteria would be the draw and 1-0 defeat against Man U in 2011 (hardly a pumping) and I would suggest that this emerging Rangers side will improve to be a better side than the 2011 vintage which was very much on the decline. Ok you can look at the other half of the OF who have been soundly pumped by Barca twice and PSG in the past 4-5 years although they did beat Barca as recently as 2013. Obviously the reality of a one team league for 5 years has taken its toll on their competitiveness (which you denied the last time that particular nugget was dragged up but the facts are clearly there to back up that theory).
Look Rangers could end up getting pumped by a record margin in any of the 3 away games in the group they’re in, we just don’t know. Unlike you though, I think that less likely and that they are making decent progress and could cause a surprise or 2. I see the biggest danger to progress as a club with a lot more cash than Rangers recognising that Gerrard would be a good acquisition.

Must admit I never really realised how blinding anti OF bitterness can be at times. I thought I was used to it in the old days when I worked beside a lot of Ayr Utd and Killie fans but Jeezo you take it to a different level!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Oct 2019, 8:02 pm

JAS, if one person makes it perfectly clear they think that a team would get hammered worse than Tottenham in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE by the likes of BAYERN, BARCA AND REAL, I don't expect you to bring up stats from an unrelated competition featuring teams in and around the level of the team in question as a comparison. It is irrelevant to the conversation.

Gerrard's record in a 2nd rate competition (mostly qualification games) against teams slightly better than Rangers and many considerably worse is inconsequential to the discussion we were having about how badly Scottish teams would struggle in the CL in the UNLIKELY event that either of the ugly sisters would ever get there again, which seems increasingly and thankfully unlikely.

I'm not "anti" the Old Firm, I'm just realistic that they come from a poor league, have gone down hill MASSIVELY in the last 10 years and are no longer big clubs having become selling clubs to lower tier clubs in the EPL. Lots of "fans" do not make you a big club. There isn't a world class player in the league, and probably not even the level below that either.

You mistake bitter, for reality and only blinkered Old Firm fans think they still maintain a respected position in Europe. No one fears either side. Yet you seem to deny how bad the league is, despite the stats not lying and you seem to still think it's 2006 when both sides of the Old Firm were competing at a much higher level than they ever will again.

Even if Rangers hadn't been rightly relegated as they were, the standard was already going down because money was going out of the game. The writing was already on the wall. Would you like to me list for the 4th or 5th time the teams that were knocking both Rangers and Celtic out of Europe BEFORE Rangers went down 3 leagues? Their downward spiral was demonstrably NOT just down to Rangers being liquidated.

I don't really care if they get pumped in the Europa League or not, because it's a noddy tournament for teams who don't belong or aren't good enough to qualify for the Champions League, and even in such a poor tournament Rangers couldn't even get past the group stage last year. It's like taking part in the Handicap Club Championship. Still a competition, but for the not so good players.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 02 Oct 2019, 8:13 pm

Realist, do you like football now? You previously declared you didn't. Your knowledge is generally poor, but you do like talking about it.

So where do you stand? You don't follow a team, so do you watch it at all?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 02 Oct 2019, 9:12 pm

Super

The record jas posted of Steven Gerards rangers in Europe is actually OK. Given the "tin pot" nature of rangers and the league they play in hasn't he done a pretty good job?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 02 Oct 2019, 11:11 pm

Don’t know if it’s bad to be deemed a “selling club” by s_r. Liverpool got that label last year.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 03 Oct 2019, 7:22 am

McLaren wrote:Super

The record jas posted of Steven Gerards rangers in Europe is actually OK. Given the "tin pot" nature of rangers and the league they play in hasn't he done a pretty good job?

He's done a good job in the context of the 2nd/3rd rate European football he has played, but as I'll point out a third time I was referring SPECIFICALLY to the Champions League and how much they would get skittled by teams like Real, Barca, Bayern in the unlikely event they will ever get to face them again. The point was that I wouldn't necessarily expect a team like Spurs to ship 7 in a game, even though I expected them to be beaten, but I WOULD expect the OF to get pumped like this, and then JAS goes on about unrelated form in the Europa League. Talk about not following an argument, and then he then goes on to pretend that the SPL is only so bad because Rangers got relegated. Utter ball sacks.

The Europa League is the equivalent of The Presidents Cup.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 03 Oct 2019, 7:59 am

super_realist wrote:

Aye....especially when they hold the final in places like Baku!!!

The Europa League is the 2nd rate competition but you can’t really say it’s only full of 2nd rate teams.
It would be if EVERY team was static in terms of their year on year progress. E..g Porto won the predecessor uefa cup and went on the win the CL the following year. It can therefore contain top teams in or coming out of a rebuilding phase. Last years final was Arsenal Chelsea, ManU are in it this year. It’s hardly tinpot, it’s just not overhyped like the CL is. You go on about the EPL being overhyped, then you subscribe to exactly the same nonsense regarding the CL. It’s 2nd tier but the gulf aint as big as the hype tells you, the money tells you it is but is the skill/talent?

Last edited by JAS on Thu 03 Oct 2019, 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a bit)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 03 Oct 2019, 8:21 am

On a less serious and infantile humour note, the stadium Rangers are playing in tonight must be one of the best named stadiums in the world :-p

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 03 Oct 2019, 10:37 am

JAS wrote:On a less serious and infantile humour note, the stadium Rangers are playing in tonight must be one of the best named stadiums in the world :-p
Well, it's the home of Young Boys. What'd you expect?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 03 Oct 2019, 10:42 am

pedro wrote:
JAS wrote:On a less serious and infantile humour note, the stadium Rangers are playing in tonight must be one of the best named stadiums in the world :-p

I must be missing something here - according to Wiki they play at Stade de Suisse ... does it have another name?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 03 Oct 2019, 10:47 am

Davie wrote:
pedro wrote:

I must be missing something here - according to Wiki they play at Stade de Suisse ... does it have another name?
Wankdorf.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 03 Oct 2019, 4:05 pm

pedro wrote:
Davie wrote:
pedro wrote:

Wankdorf.

He only asked! Very Happy

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Thu 03 Oct 2019, 4:29 pm

Can anyone explain why the tribal irsih(northern)will get nasty with each other after brexit .
As a aside I had to fill in a job disclosure form today and one question was 'are you a member of any organisation eg freemasons' I couldn't tell you if I was could I

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 03 Oct 2019, 5:29 pm

dynamark wrote:Can anyone explain why the tribal irsih(northern)will get nasty with each other after brexit .
As a aside I had to fill in a job disclosure form today and one question was 'are you a member of any organisation eg freemasons' I couldn't tell you if I was could I

It’s complicated but as I understand it. If a hard border had to be reintroduced then it would irk republicans (mostly Catholics) in the north as they see Ireland as a whole as one Nation and the British have no right to be in the North. A border would therefore a be symbolic reminder of foreign occupation in the north.

On the other hand if they abandon the idea of any kind of border and let the Republic and Northern Ireland act and feel like one united nation, the loyalists (predominately Protestants) in the North will feel insecure and sold out and fear that they will lose their Britishness.

I vaguely remember at the time of the GFA coming in politicians on both sides reckoning it would take at LEAST 3-4 generations for Republican & Loyalist views, insecurities and sensitivities to settle to a level unlikely for a recurrence of the troubles.

Brexit is basically throwing a Poopie stick into a currently quiet wasps nest....what do most people think is most likely to happen??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 03 Oct 2019, 5:49 pm

Continuing the tradition of the US getting involved in other countries' business, Congress has already said that a hard border would compromise future trade deals with GB & NI.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 03 Oct 2019, 8:39 pm

Well. Rangers got wankdorf by Young Boys.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Thu 03 Oct 2019, 8:47 pm

Yes but a hard border is not in the proposal
If the catholics in the north are not happy then essentially they will never be happy in reality .
Whatever surely it doesn't mean you start shooting .
Religious rubbish and nationalism needs to die out gradually appreciate the history but we need permanent peace to break out,

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Thu 03 Oct 2019, 10:53 pm

The special status for NI would have been the best solution IMO. GB could have left the EU, single market & customs union Brexit Delivered! NI would have effectively been in and out of the EU at the same time, but still in the UK. It would have been a major coup for them as all companies in GB that wanted to trade in the EU could have had a presence in NI to avail of that status. It would have created lots of employment for NI, Jeff & Paddy would have been car pooling into work instead of being polarised, and no one would have wanted to change that, neither the shinners nor the unionists. But no, the DUP fanatics don't care about creating employment or developing the region, for them it's all about exerting supremacy.
    Most people in the Republic just want All people in NI to enjoy normal lives where they are concerned about the normal things the rest of us are concerned with, instead of a BS tribal conflict.
  The reality is the majority of NI want to stay in the EU, it will be a disaster for most businesses in NI especially agri food. There is a high likely hood that the majority will demand a poll on rejoining the EU. Total OG by the DUP, shortsighted lunacy. By the way that won't be a bed of roses, it's likely should that happen that Loyalist terrorists recommence killing Irish people again. The status quo the GFA created worked best for NI, Brexit has fooked that right up!

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 04 Oct 2019, 8:11 am

pedro wrote:Well. Rangers got wankdorf by Young Boys.

Or you could say, they got to the tickly bit then were denied, edged out!!

Puns aside, if they are going to take the next step up those are the kind of situations they need to close out. A draw would have been a great result, losing a 93rd minute goal will be sickening but they have to take it on the chin and move on.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 04 Oct 2019, 2:05 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Aye....especially when they hold the final in places like Baku!!!

The Europa League is the 2nd rate competition but you can’t really say it’s only full of 2nd rate teams.
It would be if EVERY team was static in terms of their year on year progress. E..g Porto won the predecessor uefa cup and went on the win the CL the following year. It can therefore contain top teams in or coming out of a rebuilding phase. Last years final was Arsenal Chelsea, ManU are in it this year. It’s hardly tinpot, it’s just not overhyped like the CL is. You go on about the EPL being overhyped, then you subscribe to exactly the same nonsense regarding the CL. It’s 2nd tier but the gulf aint as big as the hype tells you, the money tells you it is but is the skill/talent?

It's got a ton load of 2nd/3rd  rate teams in it and then a few other teams which you just know are going to be the only ones capable of challenging for it, or get inexplicably parachuted into it for being knocked out in the group stage of the CL.

I didn't claim that the CL wasn't overhyped, all I claimed is that I wouldn't necessarily expect Tottenham to ship 7, but I would expect a defeat in their current predicament, and I would certainly expect it from a team of the low standard of Celtic or Rangers. That is all. You are taking it as a personal attack on your beloved  Glasgow Rangers and pretending that they're only as bad as they are because they got relegated,  when in reality, all I've done in fact is express an opinion on what I consider would happen to either half of the Old Firm if they were (in the unlikely event of future CL qualification) to come up against a top team.

Really though, I don't think it ever likely we will see wither Celtic or Rangers ever get the chance to play Champions League again.

Last edited by super_realist on Fri 04 Oct 2019, 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 04 Oct 2019, 2:17 pm

dynamark wrote:Yes but a hard border is not in the proposal
If the catholics in the north are not happy then essentially they will never be happy in reality .
Whatever surely it doesn't mean you start shooting .
Religious rubbish and nationalism needs to die out gradually appreciate the history but we need permanent peace to break out,

Wasn't it an Easyjet pilot upon flying in to Belfast reminded his passengers to set their watches back to the 17th Century?

NI is pretty much irrelevant and brings virtually nothing to the union, culturally or financially. Would anyone even notice if it were to be given back to the other side of bigots in the south? It's the most backward part of the union.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Sat 05 Oct 2019, 11:16 am

Dyna 70% of people from NI don't want it. It's not just "the Catholics".

Super, the majority of people of NI find themselves in this position through no fault of their own. The majority of them are good decent people that just want to get on with their lives. They are not second class citizens to anyone in your weird totem pole of UK countries of value.

We had a bunch of interns in last year from Queens University Belfast, from both communities. They are the future of NI, they were not backward or irrelevant.

Dyna, enjoy following your team this weekend. Managed by a Nordie who's parents are from both communities in NI. They are not faceless, they are real people and the Tories and DUP are trying to screwing them over.

Every time the Tories are in power the UK is in turmoil. Mind boggling.

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 06 Oct 2019, 9:03 am

I didn't say they were second class citizens, I just don't think NI adds a single thing of note to the union.
However the politics and religious interference of Northern Ireland is absolutely backward as are the people who press those issues upon the province.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 07 Oct 2019, 6:39 pm

Read somewhere talking about the link between people triggered by the extinction rebellion havoc, but also thinking nothing of a no deal brexit.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Oct 2019, 7:12 pm

beninho wrote:Read somewhere talking about the link between people triggered by the extinction rebellion havoc, but also thinking nothing of a no deal brexit.

Sounds like the sort of silly conflation that Mac would make, so that's where you probably read it.

The Extinction Rebellion rent a mob really are idiots though. Those who I have seen being interviewed today are calling for an end to lots of things, but like all protestors, they don't want to give it up for themselves, they think someone else should give it up. Bet they all arrived by transport which is fuelled by fossil fuel, bet their breakfasts all arrived from source to their plate via fossil fuel, bet their clothes are from abroad and contain lots of oil based material, bet their cosmetics, deodorants etc are all petro-chemical based, bet their houses are all heated by fossil fueled power stations, bet virtually most of the things they own, buy on a daily basis are dependent on plastics.

I've nothing against their "protest", (as useless and misguided as it is) it's their rank hypocrisy which gets me and which I suggest annoys most people, that and their alarmist, sensationalist claims that aren't backed up with evidence. Yes, climate is changing, yes we've had an influence, but there isn't a crisis, the world isn't on fire, there isn't 200 species becoming extinct per day, we aren't going to be the last generation etc. This is all scaremongering and brainwashing. Climate change isn't all bad, and for most people, will make virtually no difference.

Not one of them could live a day without fossil fuel. Their demand for an end to fossil fuel by 2025 is absolutely hilarious and as stupid as Canada's proposal to plant 10 billion trees in the next 10 years (that's 2.7m a day you tw@t Trudeau, good luck with that)
Fossil fuel will get gradually replaced, but not by 2025, not with the current increase in energy demand and an increasing population. It's part of a long phased transition, and these idiots need to realise this.

I suggest they actually do some research before believing every scare story they are told as if it's actually going to happen.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 07 Oct 2019, 8:20 pm

You not keen on the protesters realist? I never knew...

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 08 Oct 2019, 7:51 am

beninho wrote:You not keen on the protesters realist? I never knew...

Fine with protestors and protesting, I'm not fine with inconsistent arguments, hypocrisy, brainwashing, selective targets and people making things up to justify their protest. Fair enough?

Britain is among the best countries when it comes to green energy, so why don't these complete planks protest the embassies of the USA, India, China, Russia etc? I think we know why.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 08 Oct 2019, 12:01 pm

dynamark wrote: nationalism needs to die out gradually,

And how does brexit help nationalism die out gradually?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 08 Oct 2019, 12:59 pm

McLaren wrote:

Remaining doesn't exactly help either Mac. Take a look at the crazy SNP. They're every bit as bad in regards to nationalism.[/quote]

Last edited by super_realist on Tue 08 Oct 2019, 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 08 Oct 2019, 1:07 pm

McLaren wrote:

It helps us realise that it's not a solution to the ills of the World?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 08 Oct 2019, 2:33 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:

It helps us realise that it's not a solution to the ills of the World?

I think you might have a good point there. Just a bummer we are the example in this case.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 09 Oct 2019, 2:24 pm

Lots of places(many parts of this country) have been changed completely by incoming populations with different traditions religions and beliefs.Appreciate Ireland has a bit more to it by way of violence but one would hope it would settle eventually.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 10 Oct 2019, 8:59 am

dynamark wrote:Lots of places(many parts of this country) have been changed completely by incoming populations with different traditions religions and beliefs.Appreciate  Ireland has a bit more to it by way of violence but one would hope it would settle eventually.

I guess that’s something that the likes of the North American Indians, Australian Aborigines and New Zealand Maories for example have been saying for centuries!! Smart ar5e comments aside though, yes of course immigration has effects (some positive some negative) and sometimes a culture change or a cultural conflict is a result, where there is a cultural conflict you can almost certainly pinpoint religion as the root cause of said conflict.

At the risk of getting controversial, much of the turmoil in the world particularly in Europe in the modern age is the migration of Muslim migrants into non Muslim countries and the attempted assertion of Muslim values. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of that, what that inevitably breeds is a reaction and that reaction is typically a knee jerk move by many to a more nationalist, right wing anti immigrant position. I’ve got relatives that used to live in Luton and they’ve now all moved away from that town, they actually felt driven out, unable to stomach the constant street demos and violence from militant Muslims and the inability of authorities to get a grip on it.
This is where the modern left have a problem and why the likes of Tommy Robinson are able to thrive. The left can counter the immigration argument on economic terms but when a section of the immigrant population is seen to challenge established values, assert their own values, spread hate, condone violence against the existing population, support terrorism, yet also indulge in drug trafficking and child grooming then there has to be a separation, there has to be a judgement call made and the issues properly dealt with To stick to a mantra of “we are internationalist, immigration overall is ok and brings benefits” becomes indefensible. It may be a true theoretical statement in general terms but any politician espousing those views in constituencies like Luton are likely to lose their deposit.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 10 Oct 2019, 9:36 am

Interesting, and possibly dangerous, take on it, JAS. Obviously, there are no white, British groomers of children, or drug traffickers. There was obviously no hate peddled by white Brits, prior to the arrival of Muslim immigrants, either.

Complex issue, with a load of nuance and a load of bear traps.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 10 Oct 2019, 11:27 am

navyblueshorts wrote:Interesting, and possibly dangerous, take on it, JAS. Obviously, there are no white, British groomers of children, or drug traffickers. There was obviously no hate peddled by white Brits, prior to the arrival of Muslim immigrants, either.

Complex issue, with a load of nuance and a load of bear traps.

Oh of course there are and believe me I have put those very points across quite bluntly during conversations with my Luton relatives...just to be absolutely clear here, there is a BIG BIG difference between identifying/understanding the root of certain intransigent views and actually agreeing with them.  

Of course the trouble is with the likes of the TR extreme right is that they have a simple straightforward answer, it may not be correct or palatable but it’s straightforward whereas in reality resolving such cultural conflict in a beneficial way to society as a whole is a lot more complex, it isn’t a binary answer.

In that sense it’s like the Brexit debate, I really don’t think the answer to that is a simple binary answer. But when you look at the situation, the biggest beneficiaries at the next election will be the parties who have distilled all the possibilities into a binary answer. Those that recognise that it is a complex issue and are wrestling with it are viewed as ridiculously indecisive.

Last edited by JAS on Thu 10 Oct 2019, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 10 Oct 2019, 11:50 am

Meanwhile in other news, this is a JAS public service announcement for middle aged men. Without any ounce of shame or embarrassment I had a mammogram (and ultrasound) yesterday. Noticed a rather pronounced hard lump on my right breast a few weeks ago. That, coupled with some other issues around tiredness, lack of energy, excessive perspiration etc made me go to my GP a couple of weeks ago.
On feeling the lump he referred me straight away and I was seen yesterday. It’s all good, the lump is benign but... and this is the thing...it might not have been!!
Apparently though, catching male breast cancer at stage 1, the recovery rates are pretty much 100%
I knew one of the clinic nurses and was chatting away to her whilst waiting and whilst their clientele is predominantly female, they do get 5-6 blokes per week, of which they diagnose maybe 2-3 per year with breast cancer.
So...moral of the story is, if in ANY doubt, go get yourself checked.

I can now get my other symptoms investigated safe in the knowledge that the most sinister outcome has been ruled out.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 10 Oct 2019, 12:21 pm

JAS wrote:Meanwhile in other news, this is a JAS public service announcement for middle aged men. Without any ounce of shame or embarrassment I had a mammogram (and ultrasound) yesterday. Noticed  a rather pronounced hard lump on my right breast a few weeks ago. That, coupled with some other issues around tiredness, lack of energy, excessive perspiration etc made me go to my GP a couple of weeks ago.
On feeling the lump he referred me straight away and I was seen yesterday. It’s all good, the lump is benign but... and this is the thing...it might not have been!!
Apparently though, catching male breast cancer at stage 1, the recovery rates are pretty much 100%
I knew one of the clinic nurses and was chatting away to her whilst waiting and whilst their clientele is predominantly female, they do get 5-6 blokes per week, of which they diagnose maybe 2-3 per year with breast cancer.
So...moral of the story is, if in ANY doubt, go get yourself checked.

I can now get my other symptoms investigated safe in the knowledge that the most sinister outcome has been ruled out.
OK OK JAS

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Thu 10 Oct 2019, 12:33 pm

Well said JAS .that's the trouble with going to the doctor(assuming you can get an appointment )they may find something wrong.
I went in about 3 years ago with what I thought was a hernia which showed after playing golf around my trouser waistline.Turned out to be two hernias and what was initially thought to be a loaf of bread sized cancer turned out to be a tissue mass related to coeliacs disease/allergy.There all still there and I'm on a boring diet with no beer or lager but could have been a lot worse.
Back to topic in Leicester we have areas that are totally Muslim with all the add ons and Eastern European.I know which I prefer personally but it was a gradual thing and nobody got hurt in the process so it is reluctantly accepted.Other parts have Sihk and India/Pakistan heritage and some areas completely white British.One big estate in particular is white as snow never been any appetite to mix the cultures .

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 10 Oct 2019, 6:07 pm

dynamark wrote:Well said JAS .that's the trouble with going to the doctor(assuming you can get an appointment )they may find something wrong.
I went in about 3 years ago with what I thought was a hernia which showed after playing golf around my trouser waistline.Turned out to be two hernias and what was initially thought to be a loaf of bread sized cancer turned out to be a tissue mass related to coeliacs disease/allergy.There all still there and I'm on a boring diet with no beer or lager but could have been a lot worse.
Back to topic in Leicester we have areas that are totally Muslim with all the add ons and Eastern European.I know which I prefer personally but it was a gradual thing and nobody got hurt in the process so it is reluctantly accepted.Other parts have Sihk and India/Pakistan heritage and some areas completely white British.One big estate in particular is white as snow never been any appetite to mix the cultures .

Most of the Midlands that I've seen is a dump. I'm sure there are nice bits (Edgbaston) but it's a pretty tired looking region.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 10 Oct 2019, 6:13 pm

good lord supes, that's a pretty tired looking generality.
For all the things you're against, it would be refreshing to hear what you're for. Must be some nice bits in your world?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 10 Oct 2019, 6:15 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:good lord supes, that's a pretty tired looking generality.
For all the things you're against, it would be refreshing to hear what you're for. Must be some nice bits in your world?

I did say the bits that I've seen and conceded I'm sure there are nice bits, but large parts of it are revolting.

It's not really their fault as they got hammered in the war and rebuilt with some really shoddy design and architecture which was never really replaced very well so they often look very worn out and antiquated. Parts of Birmingham (West Bromwich for example) look like a ghetto.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 10 Oct 2019, 6:58 pm

super_realist wrote:
dynamark wrote:Well said JAS .that's the trouble with going to the doctor(assuming you can get an appointment )they may find something wrong.

Most of the Midlands that I've seen is a dump. I'm sure there are nice bits (Edgbaston) but it's a pretty tired looking region.
Sounds like Trump talking about the Mexicans.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 10 Oct 2019, 7:14 pm

And the Mexicans were not on the Normandy Beaches either (and nor were the Turks) . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 10 Oct 2019, 7:58 pm

Large parts are revolting?

The peak district is pretty nice. Even parts of the cotswolds, the malvern hills aren't bad.

Im guessing realist isn't the sort of idiot who thinks the midlands is basically birmingham?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 10 Oct 2019, 8:31 pm

Super say he came from a coastal town in Fife, I think Methil was mentioned.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Thu 10 Oct 2019, 9:00 pm

Super Edgbaston is no great shakes decent bit near the uni and I think they have a large park/arboretum.Wouldnt want to live there though.Parts of Brum have been taken over for sure.
Few miles south of Brum is very tidy Eg Stratford,Henley,Evesham.Parts of Brum Cov Leicester Nottingaham are dreadful but that's nothing new for most cities ,Even somewhere like Leamington Spa has some horrible areas.
Pretty sure Scotland is easier on the eye but we do have some lovely areas in all the midland counties.I get around for work quite a bit and often take the A roads to drive through the pleasant bits rather than M1/6

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 11 Oct 2019, 12:26 am

kwinigolfer wrote:And the Mexicans were not on the Normandy Beaches either (and nor were the Turks) . . . . . .
Ironically we may soon have millions of Kurds there...

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 11 Oct 2019, 12:31 am

Hope so; can't understand why BJ & Macron haven't told Drumpf Love sacks.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 16 Oct 2019, 9:02 am

Now Lewis Hamilton is part of the brainwashed doomsday cult saying we face a 'human extinction". What a complete plank, hypocrite and fraud this idiot is.

He probably is one of the biggest contributors to C02 in the entire world as an individual, he is doing nothing about it but expects us to all play a part. Get stuffed Lewis. You are a complete fud.

How can these morons expect anyone to take them seriously when the ones doing the lecturing contribute more individually than 100 of us combined.

Note for Mac. Nothing to do with him being black, as Harry, Emma Thompson, Leonardo Di Caprio, Thom Yorke etc are all just as bad.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next