The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+15
Be_the_ball
Davie
Collapse2005
superflyweight
JAS
Roller_Coaster
dynamark
wiretapper
super_realist
beninho
westisbest
pedro
navyblueshorts
kwinigolfer
McLaren
19 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 31 May 2019, 2:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Kwini

It amazes me that a professional footballer can end up one footed. Just practice with your weak foot every day.

I remember spending a summer playing with only my left foot in the garden. Came back next season two footed.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 26 Sep 2019, 8:25 am

beninho wrote:Mental health issues?

Realist, you are like that bloke on fox news I just read about, who called her a mentally ill swedish child. You are basically on the right wing lunatic side and even Fox news had to apologise.

Anyway, you keep hating a 16 year old. Who is giving speeches at the UN. And live in your bubble on the same side of the argument as trump and the Brazilian guy.

She does have mental health issues. What's wrong or right wing about disclosing a fact? I didn't say she was mentally ill. I simply don't think all these people who fund her should be using someone with mental health issues who is also 16 as a figurehead for a movement.

I'm not on the same side as Trump or the Brazilian PM, as usual you can't follow an argument. I agree climate change is real and that humans have had an influence. My issue is the inconsistency of argument, outrageous baseless claims on the effects and the hyperbolic, sensationalist language being used by the extreme environmentalists.

For example. Greta Thundberg claims that her "childhood and her dreams" have been stolen by government inaction on climate change. How exactly? How has her childhood been stolen? How have her dreams been stolen? That's an hilariously stupid claim to make. What dreams are these and how have they been stolen? It's language like that which spreads hysteria and listening to a shrieking 16 year old who has no credentials on the matter makes no sense at all.

I saw one moron in Edinburgh last week with a board that said 200 species dying per day. Name one, and demonstrate it was climate change which caused it.

It's been proven for billions of years that the majority of species do not evolve quickly enough to cope with all sorts of environmental changes and become extinct. This is true whether it's been caused by people or nature. In fact nature has made hundreds of millions of species extinct over time, but the way these planks speak about it, we are to blame for all extinction events, of which they can't actually name any.

Last edited by super_realist on Fri 27 Sep 2019, 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 26 Sep 2019, 8:31 am

McLaren wrote:Super

Great barrier reef is dying and will be gone at 1.5 increase in global average temp. We are at 1.2.

As always I encourage you to read the latest ipcc report or its summary.

On greta

Her credentials are now that she is able to bring people together to carry out activism for actions to limit human caused climate change. An issue where changing government policy is the only way forward. She has put in motion changed beyond middle class people having a rycling bin.

She doesn't have credentials in anything to do with the environment Mac. Credentials are expertise and qualifications, and she is an expert in nothing except poor communication, inflammatory language and childish tantrums
The inference she makes is that ALL climate change is man made and that all climate change is bad. That's not true. Many people will actually benefit from climate change. She  (and the environmental rent a mob) also only targets the bits of CO2 that suits her, funny that.

It may be true that the Great Barrier of Reef is struggling in certain parts, but I've also seen reports and programmes about how rising sea temperatures are causing coral  reefs to grow in other places, so are we simply seeing movement of ecosystems?

The majority of these "activists" are just massive hypocrites. Like the fat brigade, they tend to look to blame someone else rather than make changes themselves.

Politicians are losing their heads over their oppositions use of language, yet they don't criticise idiotic and crass comments like "My childhood has been stolen" Yeah I'm sure a cushy middle class privileged life in Sweden was really unpleasant. If you want to see what a stolen childhood is go to a south Asian sweatshop or a mine in the DRC where children mine for the cobaltite for your smartphone or for the lithium for your gas/coal charged electric car for 12 hours a day and for virtually no pay.

Thunberg is an absolute pratt who reads a lot, but understands very little and sees nothing beyond her own  scrunched up grumpy nose. The world temperature has been rising for 20,000 years and will continue unabated until the next cooling period. We can do our bit to limit our bit, but it's really a token gesture.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri 27 Sep 2019, 1:25 pm

We now have children who believe the world will end in 20 years time ? Pretty disgraceful
Still not seeing how we leave the EU as anything put to the house is very likely to fail to get through .
Labour only has to instruct their MPs to vote against and nothing gets through .May as well all go home if they will not face an election.
Funny how the world keeps turning though

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 27 Sep 2019, 2:16 pm

dynamark wrote:We now have children who believe the world will end in 20 years time ? Pretty disgraceful
Still not seeing how we leave the EU as anything put to the house is very likely to fail to get through .
Labour only has to instruct their MPs to vote against and nothing gets through .May as well all go home if they will not face an election.
Funny how the world keeps turning though
People don't get it really, do they? Of course they'll accept a GE, but only after the no-deal issue is off the table and A50 extended to allow a GE to go ahead w/o some Johnson nonsense. Do you blame them? Johnson has proven himself to be a liar and completely untrustworthy, even by typical political standards.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 27 Sep 2019, 4:00 pm

Why do Comrade Corbyn and his mad rabble think there could or will be a new deal?
They turned down the only deal that's been on the table three times, and now they think another one can be just plucked out of the sky? Why would Europe return with a better deal when they've already said that May's was the best they are going to get. Corbyn's been caught out in yet another lie. He said he'll do everything to prevent a no deal, whilst forgetting that he's turned down a deal three times.

What a lunatic party, wanting to ban private schools, putting forward the laughable suggestion that consumption of meat should be banned and now the ridiculous inference that a new deal can be negotiated when it took 3.5 years in the first place to get a terrible one.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 27 Sep 2019, 8:29 pm

*IF* they get a "new" deal through it will only be Theresa's deal in a different font

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 27 Sep 2019, 9:43 pm

Super

Have you considered that maybe corbyn has been persuaded by his confidantes to aim for reversing brexit and he is just going through the motions of showing he supports the "democratic" decision to brexit?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 28 Sep 2019, 6:43 am

If Boris gets a deal it will be Mays deal.

If Corbyn gets a deal it will be similar,but with cu/sm and fom. And then remain will will the referendum.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 28 Sep 2019, 8:16 am

McLaren wrote:Super

Have you considered that maybe corbyn has been persuaded by his confidantes to aim for reversing brexit and he is just going through the motions of showing he supports the "democratic" decision to brexit?

No I haven't considered that Mac, why the hell would I? Corbyn is a rampant anti EU politician and hates the idea of being in the EU.

Furthermore the majority of Labour constituencies voted to leave (60%), so wouldn't he be going against their "democratic" vote in a Swinson type fashion by actually going against what they wanted.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 28 Sep 2019, 8:48 am

The majority of labour members want to remain. I would guess the party will campaign gor remain if another referendum was to cone along.

I don't think another will come though. I do think the tories will win a majority at a ge, as this country have a lot of stupid people who still think brexit is a realistic and good idea.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 28 Sep 2019, 9:04 am

The majority of Labour members believe Corbyn is a good leader too (which he clearly isn't), so I won't place any stall on what Labour voters think as a wider representation of British voters. If Labour want to go down the path of being a remain party, they can't do it with someone as inept, unpopular,  lacking personality, humour and charisma as Corbyn  or with his anti EU beliefs in charge. They'd need someone like Keir Starmer (who I think would be much better anyway) or Stephen Kinnock who seems to talk a lot more sense than Corbyn does whenever I've heard him speak. They also have to ditch the Momentum mob of idiots and remove the threat of dangerous people like McDonnel and Abbott from potentially having roles in any cabinet if they are going to gain popularity with the electorate.
Then, they might actually prove to be an electable party or at the very least an effective opposition at the moment, they're really just a party which people hate as much as the Tory party. Even a half arsed Labour party should be able to wipe the floor with this poor a government. Shows how bad they and Corbyn are.

Of course another referendum won't come along, and even if it did it would still be close so you'd then get demand for a third. Where does it end?  Unfortunately Brexit will have to be completed and we just have to try and get a deal and I doubt that Corbyn could get one as a "stand in" PM, so why is it even being suggested?

What is certain is that politics in Britain is a mess and ALL of the parties are to blame for it.

I don't think the Tories would win a majority either, I doubt any party could right now. You'd have the Brexit party taking seats off the Tories and you have the Lib Dems/SNP and Corbyn's comical leadership taking seats away from Labour.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 30 Sep 2019, 4:02 pm

super_realist wrote:The majority of Labour members believe Corbyn is a good leader too (which he clearly isn't), so I won't place any stall on what Labour voters think as a wider representation of British voters. If Labour want to go down the path of being a remain party, they can't do it with someone as inept, unpopular,  lacking personality, humour and charisma as Corbyn  or with his anti EU beliefs in charge. They'd need someone like Keir Starmer (who I think would be much better anyway) or Stephen Kinnock who seems to talk a lot more sense than Corbyn does whenever I've heard him speak. They also have to ditch the Momentum mob of idiots and remove the threat of dangerous people like McDonnel and Abbott from potentially having roles in any cabinet if they are going to gain popularity with the electorate.
Then, they might actually prove to be an electable party or at the very least an effective opposition at the moment, they're really just a party which people hate as much as the Tory party. Even a half arsed Labour party should be able to wipe the floor with this poor a government. Shows how bad they and Corbyn are.

Of course another referendum won't come along, and even if it did it would still be close so you'd then get demand for a third. Where does it end?  Unfortunately Brexit will have to be completed and we just have to try and get a deal and I doubt that Corbyn could get one as a "stand in" PM, so why is it even being suggested?

What is certain is that politics in Britain is a mess and ALL of the parties are to blame for it.

I don't think the Tories would win a majority either, I doubt any party could right now. You'd have the Brexit party taking seats off the Tories and you have the Lib Dems/SNP and Corbyn's comical leadership taking seats away from Labour.

As a naturally left leaning thinker and therefore natural Labour supporter, I don’t think he’s a good leader but I do see the alternatives as having more dire consequences for the future of a cohesive society. Having said that I’m in 2 minds as to whether I actually want Corbyn to get in because what will happen is that the whole Labour movement will get instant and retrospective blame for the mess we’ve dug ourselves into over the past 3 years/4 years/9 years/40 years

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 30 Sep 2019, 4:33 pm

Who on earth in the Labour Party, other than Abbott, Williamson or McDonnel could ever do a worse job than Corbyn?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 30 Sep 2019, 6:08 pm

Im sure theres a few lurking Super.Rebecca Long Bailey ?
Good game at KP yesterday wayeye pet.
Newcastle did not have a shot on target we didn't need a goalkeeper.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 30 Sep 2019, 6:44 pm

dynamark wrote:Im sure theres a few lurking Super.Rebecca Long Bailey ?
Good game at KP yesterday wayeye  pet.
Newcastle did not have a shot on target we didn't need a goalkeeper.

I told you top six months ago dyna, time to start believing. Looks like your new Turk is quite a find.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 01 Oct 2019, 8:56 am

super_realist wrote:Who on earth in the Labour Party, other than Abbott, Williamson or McDonnel could ever do a worse job than Corbyn?

...and it always comes back to character assassinating the messenger so you don’t have to listen to the message. In football parlance “playing the man not the ball”

We could all stoop down and join in.... We’re being asked to trust Brexit to a raving cokehead with a serial philandering wife beater as his boss. A boss who has clearly taken his tie advice from a Cat grabbing man with the worst wig in politics who’s a black belt in fake news. I could go on but really the key word in there is trust!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 01 Oct 2019, 9:14 am

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:Who on earth in the Labour Party, other than Abbott, Williamson or McDonnel could ever do a worse job than Corbyn?

...and it always comes back to character assassinating the messenger so you don’t have to listen to the message. In football parlance “playing the man not the ball”

We could all stoop down and join in.... We’re being asked to trust Brexit to a raving cokehead with a serial philandering wife beater as his boss. A boss who has clearly taken his tie advice from a Cat grabbing man with the worst wig in politics who’s a black belt in fake news. I could go on but really the key word in there is trust!!

Aww. Go on JAS. It's nice to see a super style rantette from a non-super.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Oct 2019, 10:41 am

We're talking about Labour here. Why bring up Trump or Johnson?

Labour are in a terrible state and Corbyn is at the very root of why.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 01 Oct 2019, 11:47 am

super_realist wrote:We're talking about Labour here. Why bring up Trump or Johnson?

Labour are in a terrible state and Corbyn is at the very root of why.

You’re talking about Labour and more specifically it’s leader, I widened the context slightly as it’s becoming quite clear that Johnson is auditioning for the role of “top lapdog” to the Donald and that’s clearly where he’s taking the inspiration from.

The right on both sides of the Atlantic are playing the anti immigration populist card and the left are on the back foot, unsure of their best approach because unfortunately the right have found the key to tap into a lot of pent up anger and boy are they milking it.

Immigration actually isn’t the problem per se for struggling economies, it’s long term unchecked corporate greed and the inexorable trend of income inequality. The very people who benefit most from that equation are the ones who are quite happy to sell the lie that it’s all immigration. I am literally astonished at the percentage of people who actually believe the crap they’re being told.

Would a more conciliatory figure than Corbyn on the left fare better?? I’m not so sure, the further right the right goes the more stridently left the opposition needs to become. Swinson was involved with n the coalition, somewhere between appeasement and capitulation and she should be reminded of that when she tries to stick her nose in.

Last edited by JAS on Tue 01 Oct 2019, 11:55 am; edited 3 times in total

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Oct 2019, 11:52 am

If the Tories required a pro Brexit leader, than Labour require a pro remain leader.
It's hard to think of a less effective leader of Labour in history than Corbyn. He even makes Milliband look good.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 01 Oct 2019, 11:58 am

super_realist wrote:If the Tories required a pro Brexit leader, than Labour require a pro remain leader.
It's hard to think of a less effective leader of Labour in history than Corbyn. He even makes Milliband look good.

Foot?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Oct 2019, 2:15 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:If the Tories required a pro Brexit leader, than Labour require a pro remain leader.

Foot?
There's a fair comparison there. Two commie Marxists, both awful leaders and both terrible opposition.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 01 Oct 2019, 2:44 pm

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:

Foot?
There's a fair comparison there. Two commie Marxists, both awful leaders and both terrible opposition.

There are parallels insofar as they both had/have trouble selling the virtues of Democratic Socialism to the masses whilst the rampant Tory right drives a coach and horses through truth successfully convincing the poor to make the rich richer whilst quietly dismantling the very pillars of decent society.

Re Marxist....Have you actually read Marx and if so what in particular have Corbyn and Foot did or said which can verify your label?? Also would you have considered Attlee a Marxist? Bevan? ( yes I know he wasn’t labour leader but he was a prominent figure). What about Wilson? Blair?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Oct 2019, 2:56 pm

There has never been anywhere where a Foot/Corbyn idea of socialism has ever worked.

Corbyns idea of socialism just doesn't work, and whilst the public might be stupid, they aren't stupid enough to vote for someone as loathsome as Corbyn.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 01 Oct 2019, 3:28 pm

super_realist wrote:There has never been anywhere where a Foot/Corbyn idea of socialism has ever worked.

Corbyns idea of socialism just doesn't work, and whilst the public might be stupid, they aren't stupid enough to vote for someone as loathsome as Corbyn.

You’ve clearly read the 1983 manifesto and the 2017 one more closely than me. What specifically in them was so terrible that would render them unworkable and terrible for the country?? As opposed to the Tory manifesto of 2017 which has put us into the current mess or the Tory manifesto of 1983...that was a beauty wasn’t it?? Yes there was a short term boost (which got them through another couple of elections but the long term consequences for the country.
Council House sales...great at the time but why do you think there’s a housing crisis now?

Curbs on union power...seemed like an idea after the winter of discontent but you then had the most expensive and destructive dispute in British industrial history followed by a dramatic widening of the inequality gap between executive pay and the pay of ordinary workers. That developed into a weird kind of envy by those falling behind that was then sated by the credit (debt boom).

Privatisation - yay great for the Sids at the time but 40 years on the main reason why most of our (unreliable ) trains and electricity generation and distribution are run by foreigners who don’t give a flying fog and by default effectively see us subsiding public transport in other EU countries. But don’t worry, we’re taking back control aren’t we? Well no we bloody well aren’t but hey why bring realism into the fantasy Tory narrative.
So yeah things would no doubt have been much much worse if we’d elected a rather clever but odd looking Welshman all those years ago!!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 01 Oct 2019, 4:24 pm

Jas, in your post you imply that Labour care about the working class. Not sure the working class agrees.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Oct 2019, 4:38 pm

Just for a moment JAS, please refer to the question in hand and not just automatically defer to a strawman attack on the other side.
Council houses? It doesn't matter if the houses from that era are private or publically owned because no matter how you look at them they are OCCUPIED.  They wouldn't be part of a stock which aimed to meet today's extra demand. The problem is not selling them off but successive governments not continuing to build houses for increasing demand. Perhaps if Labour politicians on 80k actually moved out of their council houses the problem might not be so bad.

Privatisation is certainly not the reason our trains are terrible. Don't you remember how bad they used to be? The government ran a shambolic train service. The issue with trains is not enough investment, public or private into the infrastructure.

Electricity being owned by foreign companies is also irrelevant. Public companies have no incentive to be efficient or make profit which is how they are maintained, hence why they were privatised.
Electricity, transport, telecoms are certainly no worse now than before and in many ways far better. At least we have a choice of who supplies us, which means lower prices for the consumer, before energy supply was a government monopoly. Energy as a % of income has never been cheaper.

I get the impression as a weedgie you're conditioned to support Labour regardless of how bad their ideas are.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 01 Oct 2019, 4:49 pm

Kwini Liverpool may be a different proposition at the weekend
this next game will be the real deal -how good and aware are the team and manager.
I cannot ever imagine gong back to nationalised parts of our industries surely the public would have the sense not to go down that alley.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 01 Oct 2019, 5:39 pm

pedro wrote:Jas, in your post you imply that Labour care about the working class. Not sure the working class agrees.

Oh that’s exactly the issue Pedro.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 01 Oct 2019, 5:51 pm

super_realist wrote:Just for a moment JAS, please refer to the question in hand and not just automatically defer to a strawman attack on the other side.
Council houses? It doesn't matter if the houses from that era are private or publically owned because no matter how you look at them they are OCCUPIED.  They wouldn't be part of a stock which aimed to meet today's extra demand. The problem is not selling them off but successive governments not continuing to build houses for increasing demand. Perhaps if Labour politicians on 80k actually moved out of their council houses the problem might not be so bad.

Privatisation is certainly not the reason our trains are terrible. Don't you remember how bad they used to be? The government ran a shambolic train service. The issue with trains is not enough investment, public or private into the infrastructure.

Electricity being owned by foreign companies is also irrelevant. Public companies have no incentive to be efficient or make profit which is how they are maintained, hence why they were privatised.
Electricity, transport, telecoms are certainly no worse now than before and in many ways far better. At least we have a choice of who supplies us, which means lower prices for the consumer, before energy supply was a government monopoly. Energy as a % of income has never been cheaper.

I get the impression as a weedgie you're conditioned to support Labour regardless of how bad their ideas are.

Weedgie?? It’s more than that, it’s being brought up in an Ayrshire mining town where’s there’s a statue of Keir Hardie outside the town hall. However I might be conditioned it’s NEVER a given that I’d vote for them. Indeed the people of Cumnock have lost faith in them in recent times, initially to the SNP and now unbelievably to the Tories. Yes indeed that does fit very well with your narrative and indeed Pedro comment above as well.
I myself deserted them at elections after they implemented IR35, which I found hypocritical in the extreme. A lot of water has since flowed under the bridge tho. As I see it in the present day the pendulum has swung too far in favour of rabid, greed fuelled, society destroying, uncaring capitalism and you don’t arrest that by Swinson like agreement, appeasement and begging for a few crumbs for the poor from the rich lists table.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 01 Oct 2019, 9:47 pm

Bayern brought the Oktoberfest to London..

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 01 Oct 2019, 10:12 pm

Difficult enough to lose to Newcassel let alone being hit for seven - this is Amazon's idea of a good look down Seven Sisters Road:

https://www.amazon.com/Spooktacular-Creations-Bavarian-Oktoberfest-Halloween/dp/B07H47PPB7/ref=asc_df_B07H47PPB7/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312450221266&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4264360155506929200&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003006&hvtargid=pla-571112139777&psc=1

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Oct 2019, 7:56 am

Hilariously Labour have so few quality politicians that they have put up the hapless, hopeless, useless, innumerate buffoon Diane Abbott to stand in for the almost as hapless Corbyn at  PMQ's today. It might actually be worth watching for once. Why has this most dreadful of shadow cabinet members not been relegated to the back benches for the harm she does to her party? She's a laughingstock.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 02 Oct 2019, 8:46 am

Don’t usually have much of an interest in big money football but must admit, turning the Radio on in the car last night on the way home and hearing spurs 2 Bayern 7 I couldn’t help but think wtf!!!

Lots of hysterical Spurs fans on the talkSPORT phone in but really, yes the result was spectacularly bad but was it a case of lazy throwing in the towel or were they clinically caught out trying to chase the game?
On the one had they have potentially 12 points still to play for (although you wouldn’t expect a fruitful trip to Munich) so maybe 9. 10 points would therefor almost certainly see them through so no big deal? ...except when you then add last weeks Carabou Cup result and their league start....has the Poch bubble burst??
I think his head was turned at the potential Of the Man U job last season and it seems to have triggered a systematic unsettling of a few of his top players. He’ll do well to arrest this decline now and turn it around.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Oct 2019, 10:49 am

Bayern Munich are one of the top teams in the world, and Spurs have bought no one and have loads of unrest via people wanting away, contracts left unsigned etc. Why was there a surprise.

HRH Hypocrite up to more nonsense again. Just get lost Harry, you're a worthless nobody who knows nothing.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 02 Oct 2019, 11:24 am

super_realist wrote:Bayern Munich are one of the top teams in the world, and Spurs have bought no one and have loads of unrest via people wanting away, contracts left unsigned etc. Why was there a surprise.

HRH Hypocrite up to more nonsense again. Just get lost Harry, you're a worthless nobody who knows nothing.

Last years beaten finalists pumped 2-7 in their backyard I’d suggest is more of a surprise than not. A loss by the odd goal or 2 wouldn’t be unusual at all but losing SEVEN at home....come on, the 3rd best team in the “best league in the world”

I’m not even sure Bayern are spectacularly good either, just one of those evenings for them where clinical German efficiency all came off.

Clearly there are unrest issues at Spurs which we agree on.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Oct 2019, 11:30 am

Just another reason why it's never been the best league in the world, certainly it's the best marketed and the most hyped.
Spurs haven't been very impressive at all this year and there's been much disruption behind the scenes. It's a surprise when a team concedes 7 goals at this level (I'd expect it if it was Celtic or Rangers if they could ever qualify), but a comfortable defeat was always likely.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 02 Oct 2019, 11:49 am

Spurs could easily have been 3-1 up in the 1st half and it would have been a different game.
The goals from Bayern were clinical, however 2-7 doesn't really reflect the game.

If I were Poch I'd leave now while my stock is still reasonably high.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 02 Oct 2019, 11:50 am

super_realist wrote:Just another reason why it's never been the best league in the world, certainly it's the best marketed and the most hyped.
Spurs haven't been very impressive at all this year and there's been much disruption behind the scenes. It's a surprise when a team concedes 7 goals at this level (I'd expect it if it was Celtic or Rangers if they could ever qualify), but a comfortable defeat was always likely.

As far as I can remember the heaviest Rangers home defeat in European competition was 0-4 to Juve back in the 90s, I also remembered them getting pumped 5-0 away to Cologne in the 80s. Never leaked 7 in a single game tho. Less sure about Celtic, think they may have shipped 6 or 7 to Barca in the Nou Camp sometime in the past decade?

Last edited by JAS on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Oct 2019, 11:59 am

I'm talking about if they were in Europe now. They were a lot stronger when they were last  Europe than they are now. I think if either of the ugly sisters qualified for the CL (looks very unlikely in the future) then they would get annihilated by teams like Barca, Real, Bayern etc. Celtic certainly have been when they've been in during the last few years, and they're better than the current buns.
Do you seriously think they wouldn't get horsed now? If Bayern can do that to Spurs who have quality players, what would they do to tinpot teams from the SPL?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 02 Oct 2019, 12:20 pm

super_realist wrote:Just another reason why it's never been the best league in the world, certainly it's the best marketed and the most hyped.
I think the EPL brass is pretty happy with the performance of English teams in Europe last season..

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Oct 2019, 12:59 pm

pedro wrote:
I think the EPL brass is pretty happy with the performance of English teams in Europe last season..

You can be happy with anything if you only look at it on the basis of one year and ignore every other result. It's called confirmation bias. Try looking back 7 or 8 years in a row and see if their success lives up to the hubris of being the so called best league

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 02 Oct 2019, 1:11 pm

No one claimed the EPL was the best 5-8 years ago.
But you’d reckon English teams would do well again this year wouldn’t you?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Oct 2019, 1:28 pm

Are you joking? It's been claimed its the best for at least that long. I don't think anyone has ever believed it, but it's certainly been the claim.
I wouldn't necessarily expect them to do well again this year. If English/British sport can be guaranteed to be one thing on the international/European stage it's to be inconsistent. They haven't done all that well in the last 7-8 years so it doesn't surprise me that a disparate team in transition got heavily beaten by a stronger and more settled team.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 02 Oct 2019, 1:50 pm

Trouble is that the "disparate team in transition" is transitioning from young and exciting to ageing with no replacements in sight.
Lloris will be 33 by year's end, seems to have lost his ability to focus and the back four of Trippier, Toby, Vertonghen & Rose has been replaced by the usually useless Aurier and three guys who all want to be elsewhere. Sanchez will not likely learn basic positioning, it doesn't seem as if Poch wanted Sissoko to be re-upped, Dele Alli hasn't been fit or focussed since the World Cup and Dembele has never been replaced.
Then there's Eriksen. Lamela blows hot but mostly cold and niggly and Wanyama seems to be an afterthought.
The rest can't carry them and no youngsters in sight except Walker-Peters & journeyman Winks.

Could easily get worse before it gets any better. Brighton on Saturday lunchtime . . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Oct 2019, 1:57 pm

Not a fitting team for such a lovely stadium

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 02 Oct 2019, 1:59 pm

super_realist wrote:Not a fitting team for such a lovely stadium

Considering it looks like a toilet bowl I'd say they are very fitting

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 02 Oct 2019, 2:06 pm

Davie wrote:
super_realist wrote:Not a fitting team for such a lovely stadium

Considering it looks like a toilet bowl I'd say they are very fitting
Maybe they should move back to wembley..

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 02 Oct 2019, 3:52 pm

super_realist wrote:I'm talking about if they were in Europe now. They were a lot stronger when they were last  Europe than they are now. I think if either of the ugly sisters qualified for the CL (looks very unlikely in the future) then they would get annihilated by teams like Barca, Real, Bayern etc. Celtic certainly have been when they've been in during the last few years, and they're better than the current buns.
Do you seriously think they wouldn't get horsed now? If Bayern can do that to Spurs who have quality players, what would they do to tinpot teams from the SPL?

Didn’t realise the Europa league was a domestic competition, admittedly it’s not the top top teams but you trot out statements that grossly distort what’s actually going on. Rangers European record under Gerrard is as follows
Played 23
Won 12
Drawn 9
Lost 2
Goals for 38
Goals against 14

No matter how you try to spin that, for a novice manager of a “tinpot club” in a “tinpot league” only an ostrich with its head buried deeply in the sand could say that was not fairly impressive starting from pretty much scratch.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 02 Oct 2019, 4:13 pm

Great play by Byern but it was one of those nights for them where every shot they took found a corner of the goal. Not checked the stats but didn't feel like Byern were peppering the spurs goal more than would be expected.

Although hard to remember a player looking so obviously out of his depth than the spurs right back (aurier?). Terrible with and without the ball.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next