The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Task 3 - Team Unicorn Storm - Nando, Renegade, Nadz

3 posters

Go down

Task 3 - Team Unicorn Storm  - Nando, Renegade, Nadz Empty Task 3 - Team Unicorn Storm - Nando, Renegade, Nadz

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 24 Jun 2019, 9:05 pm

The footballing world was once crying out for the introduction of VAR. Now that it is starting to become embedded in the beautiful game, it is taking away from the spectacle of big moments - such as the Women's World Cup currently ongoing - and making a mockery out of the game we all once loved with such passion.

VAR is not working in its current guise. But you six are going to fix it for Gianni Infantino and his FIFA cronies.

The task
I want you to come up with two options for the future of VAR: one, removing VAR completely and two, improving the use of VAR.

What you include in each element of the task is entirely up to you - you have an unlimited budget, but must also maintain a dose of reality. For example, it is unrealistic to expect football associations to pay for additional referees to replace this technology when it was brought in to reduce costs, not add to them.

Teams
Due to the double firing last week, I am going to shake the teams up.

Nando, you go over to Team Unicorn. BamBam and Dolph, you go over and join Trebs on Team Sterling.

Deadline
Now, go off in your teams and come back to me by 11:59 next Monday 1 July with your team submissions. And remember: from the losing team, at least one of you will be fired.

Last edited by nadeem2099 on Mon 24 Jun 2019, 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Task 3 - Team Unicorn Storm  - Nando, Renegade, Nadz Empty Re: Task 3 - Team Unicorn Storm - Nando, Renegade, Nadz

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 24 Jun 2019, 9:06 pm

Nando, Renegade one of you 2 has to be team leader.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Task 3 - Team Unicorn Storm  - Nando, Renegade, Nadz Empty Re: Task 3 - Team Unicorn Storm - Nando, Renegade, Nadz

Post by Fernando Tue 25 Jun 2019, 12:40 pm

Well im barely about this week so probably a better idea if Renege does it tbh Ok!

Improving VAR
+ On screen in stadium display
+ Ref microphoned up to explain decision
+ Remove marginal Offside calls
+ Reducing time delay
+ Update Handball rules.

Removing VAR
+ Better Refeering Training
+ Update Offside rules
+ Bans for Diving/Off the ball incidents
+ Being able to upgrade Yellow to red cards
+ Im all for docking points if a dive influences the resul.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 26 Jun 2019, 2:06 pm

I would like a complete overhaul of the system. I think it should be similar to the way that it is used in cricket, where each team has 3 chances to challenge the decision. Say Sterling goes down in the box but the referee plays on as he deems it not a penalty. Then the City captain can have a 1 on 1 chat with Sterling if they want to challenge it. If VAR rules in their favor then they win a penalty and lose one of their 3 challenges. If they lose the VAR appeal then they lose one of their 3 challenges. If a team has used up all its challenges then tough luck.

This will make the game glow more smoothly and the onus will be on the referee to make the correct decision.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Tue 02 Jul 2019, 7:22 pm

My bad Nadz, the misses mum was down visiting so I had little time for anything I actually wanted to do

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down