The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by Welshmushroom on Thu 04 Jul 2019, 2:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

From a Dragons fan perspective looking ahead into the new season and which sides I would like to catch early in the Pro14 due to players having gone to the World Cup.

Obviously Hill, Dee & Moriarty will be big misses for us during this period. I think we may have Wainwright available (if they end up picking Shingler to cover Lock/Blindside). Think Brown probably wont make the cut either.

So hopefully our starter lineup will look like this:
1. Bevington 2. Hibbard 3. Brown/Fairbrother 4. Nansen 5. Screech 6. Wainwright 7. Griffiths 8. Evans
9. Williams 10. Davies 11. Rosser 12. Dixon 13. Morgan 14. Howells 15. Williams

Now looking at the other sides in the competition it would be great if we could catch some of the league powerhouses early. My Breakdown of the other teams:-

1. Scarlets - Look weak in the front 3. Possibly a weakness at outside centre as well. Would imagine they will be playing Asquith at 12 during this period. McNicholl will probably be the star man on this team opening rounds.

2. Blues - On paper even without the internationals they look a seasoned well rounded team. Probably dangerous for any team in the league during the opening rounds. Halaholo is my star man pick but the entire Blues 8 are extremely experienced (although I don't rate Gill much). Also unclear if Ellis will recover from injury or if he will end up parachuted into Wales WC Squad. If not he will just add to that fairly experienced pack.

3. Ospreys - Will have a fairly competitive pack assuming Bradley doesn't make the cut for the World Cup. The real weakness for them is in the backline. At 9 currently they will be playing rookies and 13 potentially as well unless they opt to play Hook at 12 and move Allen to 13. Giles will probably end up on the wing as well and while he has potential - defensively they may struggle against experienced backlines. That said they probably have enough upfront to power over most teams in the league. Star Man will be Bradley Davies if he doesn't make the world cup.

4. Munster - Probably going to missing around 11 players on World Cup duty. To me Tighthead and at 8 they look particularly weak. To me the backline also looks a little short on quality although granted they do have some potential in the backline.Personally I would like to catch them at Rodney Parade early. I'm still not sure away would be a banker for us. Reckon their key man will be Bleyendaal in the opening part of the season for his experience.

5. Leinster - Now I don't know if they still have the rule of not being able to select 2 non irish players in their starting 15's or if they are allowed exceptions in the early part of this season. Even taking into consideration that they can start Fardy, Gibson-Park, Lowe and Tomane the real problem for them is in the pack. They look seriously underpowered and inexperienced. They probably are hoping Smidt doesn't take Ruddock to the WC. Personally getting these in R2 or R3 away would be perfect. I think we can take them early doors before the return of their internationals. Star Man: Lowe

6. Ulster - For me probably the biggest Irish threat early. Only place they might be a little short on experience will be at 5 and 14. Pack on paper looks extremely strong and along with Cardiff both these sides should be fairly confident into the early rounds. Star Man: McCloskey
Would like to avoid these early doors altogether.

7. Connacht - Not really disrupted to much for internationals like us. Good experienced team. Always going to be dangerous at home. Star Man: Roux Another side I would like to see us avoid early doors but if we have to a home draw that wouldn't be the worst fixture start for us.

8. Edinburgh - Cockerill has done a amazing job with them. Surely even he can't cover 14 players at the world cup. Still managed to assemble a big pack for this period though so it's clear they wont be beaten upfront easily. 9, 10 and 15 look like the real problem area for him. Getting them at home would suit me fine. Star Man: Socino

9. Glasgow - Probably losing at least 13 players if not more. They still have a lot of experience in that squad. On paper probably have to much for us home or away. If we have to though a home draw would be better. Star Man: Lee Jones

10. Treviso - Backline looks very experienced for the league. Upfront a different story altogether. Can see them taking a bit of a battering upfront early doors. Star Man: Ioane
Don't mind if we get them early home or away

11. Zebre - Same story with them. Losing key personnel to the WC. Upfront looks very inexperienced. Backline will also be inexperienced. Can they get Boni back in time for the start of the season. The Centre was a powerhouse before his long term injury and would also have made the Italian squad if he wasn't out of action. Star Man: Walker (reckon he's going to surprise a few in the Pro14)

12. Kings - Not going to be missing any internationals. But they still lack quality for compete at this level. No signings of note in the off season. Could be a long season for them again? Personally I expect us to beat them home and away. Would be a waste to draw them during the World Cup period. Star Man: Catrakilis

13. Cheetahs - Same story as the Kings. To many lost star after their first season in the Pro14. They do have a better record than the kings and at home they will win games. Prefer to not draw them either in the opening rounds. Star Man: Nche

How do you fancy your teams chances and what teams would you like to draw early or avoid during the World Cup?



Welshmushroom

Posts : 1013
Join date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down


Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by Brendan on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 6:48 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Irish Londoner wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Irish Londoner wrote:

Sexton was World Player of the Year in 2018, he's now 35 and getting past his best years, it makes sense to put him on the bench and play Bryne instead - he can be a "finisher" as Eddie would have it. As an Ulster fan I'd prefer if he did play, on current form Byrne is the better player.
.

So with Byrne the better player -  I take it you are expecting Byrne to start ahead of Sexton if Leinster make it to the European semi final and final?

He might well do .

It'll be interesting to see which of them starts in the top European competition then.

As Leinster have managed to win every game in the league (including your team if you support a team in the league) by trusting their squad and trusting their systems. Are you saying after all that, the management are going to pick the team so that they don't win the Final.

Someone had better tell New Zealand that B Barret has to start every game instead of Mo'unga as he has two world players of the year and Mo'unga has never been nominated. The cheek to even suggest that Mo'unga should be there. #nooneages #sackleo #sacklancaster

Brendan

Posts : 3107
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 6:59 pm

Brendan wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Irish Londoner wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Irish Londoner wrote:

Sexton was World Player of the Year in 2018, he's now 35 and getting past his best years, it makes sense to put him on the bench and play Bryne instead - he can be a "finisher" as Eddie would have it. As an Ulster fan I'd prefer if he did play, on current form Byrne is the better player.
.

So with Byrne the better player -  I take it you are expecting Byrne to start ahead of Sexton if Leinster make it to the European semi final and final?

He might well do .

It'll be interesting to see which of them starts in the top European competition then.

As Leinster have managed to win every game in the league (including your team if you support a team in the league) by trusting their squad and trusting their systems.  Are you saying after all that, the management are going to pick the team so that they don't win the Final.

Someone had better tell New Zealand that B Barret has to start every game instead of Mo'unga as he has two world players of the year and Mo'unga has never been nominated.  The cheek to even suggest that Mo'unga should be there.  #nooneages #sackleo #sacklancaster
He's a scarlets fan apparently. You wouldn't know it though as he never actually talks about them unless it's to paint the league in a bad light.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5353
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 30
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 8:18 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:https://twitter.com/MattSouth7/status/1303635792204566534

Very Happy Very Happy

Joke league

International for international.

One of them is likely to break.

Maybe Gaz. But this is undeniably a poor look for the league and broadcasters.

Oh I do see why some would see it that way. Fact is Leinster are this good, it's on the rest of us to improve and that could help partially solve the issue that you (and some others) have with the league. It's hard to get what your point is sometimes, you move from one thing to the next.

Did you see Wales/Ospreys doing the same with AWJ?

Not in a  final no. That would never happen if her was fit.

Well I guess we don't have any examples of Ospreys being in a similar situation.... so probably not the best comparison. But still we rested AWJ, and by we I mean the WRU because I'm pretty sure they suggested it. See where I'm coming from?

Would you rate the European Cup higher than the Pro14? I do and I imagine a few others (including Leinster) would as well. I guess Leinster rotating players just doesn't bother me that much.

Also I'm pretty sure Scarlets have been holding back Patchell and Davies so they had a chance to be ready for Toulon - Scarlets were still in a position to make the Pro14 play-offs at the time. Delaney could even select Elias over Owens for that game. Would this make you mad? Personally I see it as sensible. As I said I guess teams rotating doesn't bother me - unless it's my own because we don't have enough strength in depth... The Pro14 has it's flaws that we can agree on, but Leinster being too good probably isn't one of them laughing.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 11037
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by RugbyFan100 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 10:12 am

Brendan wrote:e]

As Leinster have managed to win every game in the league (including your team if you support a team in the league) by trusting their squad and trusting their systems.  Are you saying after all that, the management are going to pick the team so that they don't win the Final.

No. I don't think I've said that anywhere.

Someone had better tell New Zealand that B Barret has to start every game instead of Mo'unga as he has two world players of the year and Mo'unga has never been nominated.  The cheek to even suggest that Mo'unga should be there.  #nooneages #sackleo #sacklancaster

Childish whataboutery.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by RugbyFan100 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 10:16 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

Well I guess we don't have any examples of Ospreys being in a similar situation.... so probably not the best comparison. But still we rested AWJ, and by we I mean the WRU because I'm pretty sure they suggested it. See where I'm coming from?

Well for a start, I'd be extremely dismayed any time an outside influence tried to stop an independent company using one of it's best employees, (whose wages they pay) Central contracts aside.

Would you rate the European Cup higher than the Pro14? I do and I imagine a few others (including Leinster) would as well. I guess Leinster rotating players just doesn't bother me that much.

Quarter final v a final.

Also I'm pretty sure Scarlets have been holding back Patchell and Davies so they had a chance to be ready for Toulon

They're injured Gaz.

Teams rest players all the time. The fact you can't understand that this is supposed to be the show piece game and not a regular fixture, so the decision will be scrutinized heavily, shows more about your ingtelligence than anything else.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 10:33 am

I'm intrigued then. Your pipe dream of a B&I league would immediately suffer the same issue you have here ie teams not picking what is perceived to be their best team every match.
Edit. Oh its altered to suggest that the best players would lineup in showpieces. Would teams have to state what they think of as their best players at the start of the year? How would injuries or form be captured in that? What happens when you have basically 2 teams of interchangeable players like Leinster have or Saracens had?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20626
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by Brendan on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 11:01 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Brendan wrote:e]

As Leinster have managed to win every game in the league (including your team if you support a team in the league) by trusting their squad and trusting their systems.  Are you saying after all that, the management are going to pick the team so that they don't win the Final.

No. I don't think I've said that anywhere.

Someone had better tell New Zealand that B Barret has to start every game instead of Mo'unga as he has two world players of the year and Mo'unga has never been nominated.  The cheek to even suggest that Mo'unga should be there.  #nooneages #sackleo #sacklancaster

Childish whataboutery.

Why childish, same logic as you saying players good enough to start shouldn't because he was never World Player of the Year

Brendan

Posts : 3107
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by RugbyFan100 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 11:05 am

Brendan wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Brendan wrote:e]

As Leinster have managed to win every game in the league (including your team if you support a team in the league) by trusting their squad and trusting their systems.  Are you saying after all that, the management are going to pick the team so that they don't win the Final.

No. I don't think I've said that anywhere.

Someone had better tell New Zealand that B Barret has to start every game instead of Mo'unga as he has two world players of the year and Mo'unga has never been nominated.  The cheek to even suggest that Mo'unga should be there.  #nooneages #sackleo #sacklancaster

Childish whataboutery.

Why childish, same logic as you saying players good enough to start shouldn't because he was never World Player of the Year

Was he rested for the final?

RugbyFan100

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by the-goon2 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 11:24 am

if sexton is in the 23, he isn't being rested

the-goon2

Posts : 6
Join date : 2020-09-10

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by Brendan on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 11:46 am

Last Season was going to be the season where Sexton finished off as no. 1, in his last year would be getting Byrne ready to take over.  While this is technically last season it's not.  Sexton is only looking at the Lions so only international and HC games matter to him (and Gatland). No one is going on the Lions with their league form when Exter will walk the league and Sarries still providing 5-6 of the England squad.

Premership will be a one horse race and Exeter will focus purely on the Champions Cup knowing that their squad will manage the Prem with ease.  I look forward to a simillar argument about resting players.

The Big teams like Sarries, Exeter, Leinster etc don't place the league above the Champions Cup because the league is easy and they want to win the harder competition.  The lie that teams focus on the league isn't true  they just know they can't win the Champions Cup.

To believe that the Pro14 only care about the Champions Cup and couldnt care what happens in the league doesn't explain why the best teams in the league are always at the top of the league. Generally the Pro14 teams to make the playoffs in the league are the same ones to make the quarters of the CC. As we are seeing in England currently, rotation is alot more advanced in the Pro14 compared to the Premerships version. As Cockers was with Edinburgh his first year with his ridiculous rotation policy (also Rennie) giving the Kings wins because he didnt know how to mix and match from week to week. Also you had the farce that was the team sent to Munster. Rarely do you see the such wholesale changes from week to week in the league but a few players here and there.

Brendan

Posts : 3107
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by RugbyFan100 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 11:52 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:I'm intrigued then. Your pipe dream of a B&I league would immediately suffer the same issue you have here ie teams not picking what is perceived to be their best team every match.
Edit. Oh its altered to suggest that the best players would lineup in showpieces. Would teams have to state what they think of as their best players at the start of the year? How would injuries or form be captured in that? What happens when you have basically 2 teams of interchangeable players like Leinster have or Saracens had?

Final

RugbyFan100

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by RugbyFan100 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 11:53 am

Brendan wrote:  Sexton is only looking at the Lions so only international and HC games matter to him (and Gatland).

He'll have to fight for that Lions jersey with Ross Byrne first, as we've been told in this thread that Byrne is the better player.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by Brendan on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 11:55 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Brendan wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Brendan wrote:e]

As Leinster have managed to win every game in the league (including your team if you support a team in the league) by trusting their squad and trusting their systems.  Are you saying after all that, the management are going to pick the team so that they don't win the Final.

No. I don't think I've said that anywhere.

Someone had better tell New Zealand that B Barret has to start every game instead of Mo'unga as he has two world players of the year and Mo'unga has never been nominated.  The cheek to even suggest that Mo'unga should be there.  #nooneages #sackleo #sacklancaster

Childish whataboutery.

Why childish, same logic as you saying players good enough to start shouldn't because he was never World Player of the Year

Was he rested for the final?

Tell us why Byrrnes shouldn't start as he has been one of the best flyhalf's in the league this season. Byrne's is the right player to start as he will not be flattened by the Monster that is Marcel Coetzee and lose momentum but will play a smart game. If you look at the management of the four games Sexton faced Munster twice while Byrne faces Ulster twice. I am sure that is no coincidence. Cullen knows best.

Brendan

Posts : 3107
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by RugbyFan100 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 11:56 am

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
He's a scarlets fan apparently.

Yup. I'm a season ticket holder. I put hundreds of hard earned pounds into the pro game every season. Unlike another poster on this thread who apparently doesn't support anyone at pro club level.

But hey let's not bother with that.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by RugbyFan100 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 11:57 am

Brendan wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Brendan wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Brendan wrote:e]

As Leinster have managed to win every game in the league (including your team if you support a team in the league) by trusting their squad and trusting their systems.  Are you saying after all that, the management are going to pick the team so that they don't win the Final.

No. I don't think I've said that anywhere.

Someone had better tell New Zealand that B Barret has to start every game instead of Mo'unga as he has two world players of the year and Mo'unga has never been nominated.  The cheek to even suggest that Mo'unga should be there.  #nooneages #sackleo #sacklancaster

Childish whataboutery.

Why childish, same logic as you saying players good enough to start shouldn't because he was never World Player of the Year

Was he rested for the final?

Tell us why Byrrnes shouldn't start as he has been one of the best flyhalf's in the league this season. Byrne's is the right player to start as he will not be flattened by the Monster that is Marcel Coetzee and lose momentum but will play a smart game.  If you look at the management of the four games Sexton faced Munster twice while Byrne faces Ulster twice.  I am sure that is no coincidence.  Cullen knows best.

As I said, ask the journalist - he wrote that it's not a good look for the league. You won't digest a single thing I say.


RugbyFan100

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 11:58 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:I'm intrigued then. Your pipe dream of a B&I league would immediately suffer the same issue you have here ie teams not picking what is perceived to be their best team every match.
Edit. Oh its altered to suggest that the best players would lineup in showpieces. Would teams have to state what they think of as their best players at the start of the year? How would injuries or form be captured in that? What happens when you have basically 2 teams of interchangeable players like Leinster have or Saracens had?

Final

I think you pressed send before finishing your response?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20626
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by Brendan on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 12:00 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Brendan wrote:  Sexton is only looking at the Lions so only international and HC games matter to him (and Gatland).

He'll have to fight for that Lions jersey with Ross Byrne first, as we've been told in this thread that Byrne is the better player.

He will indeed, no player deserves his spot for who he is. Sexton is a long shot for the Lions as Farrel, Ford, Russell and Biggar should be ahead of him as he carries on his decline. I would be surprised if he is no.1 in Ireland by AIs next year. If Carbry was fit I think he might not be no.1 already for Ireland but he just hasn't had a run of games.

Brendan

Posts : 3107
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by Brendan on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 12:04 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Brendan wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Brendan wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Brendan wrote:e]

As Leinster have managed to win every game in the league (including your team if you support a team in the league) by trusting their squad and trusting their systems.  Are you saying after all that, the management are going to pick the team so that they don't win the Final.

No. I don't think I've said that anywhere.

Someone had better tell New Zealand that B Barret has to start every game instead of Mo'unga as he has two world players of the year and Mo'unga has never been nominated.  The cheek to even suggest that Mo'unga should be there.  #nooneages #sackleo #sacklancaster

Childish whataboutery.

Why childish, same logic as you saying players good enough to start shouldn't because he was never World Player of the Year

Was he rested for the final?

Tell us why Byrrnes shouldn't start as he has been one of the best flyhalf's in the league this season. Byrne's is the right player to start as he will not be flattened by the Monster that is Marcel Coetzee and lose momentum but will play a smart game.  If you look at the management of the four games Sexton faced Munster twice while Byrne faces Ulster twice.  I am sure that is no coincidence.  Cullen knows best.

As I said, ask the journalist - he wrote that it's not a good look for the league. You won't digest a single thing I say.


I am sure if Leinster win 3 in a row the same journalist will tell us that's not good for the league either and that it is unfair that Leinster are able to produce nearly their entire squad from their academy and that the IRFU should do something. Why should they keep all their best players who become internationals it's just not fair.

Brendan

Posts : 3107
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by RugbyFan100 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 12:51 pm

Brendan wrote:

I am sure if Leinster win 3 in a row the same journalist will tell us that's not good for the league either and that it is unfair that Leinster are able to produce nearly their entire squad from their academy and that the IRFU should do something.  Why should they keep all their best players who become internationals it's just not fair.

Well yeah, that's the while point. They're so far ahead of the next best team that they can play their 2nds in a final and probably still win. Great for Leinster, not for the league. Any fool cam see that. Nobody on here will say anything negative about that though.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/pro14/if-the-pro14-final-was-between-the-two-best-teams-it-would-feature-leinster-a-vs-leinster-b-39521890.html

RugbyFan100

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by RugbyFan100 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 1:18 pm

English boys piling in now.

https://twitter.com/LTUSM/status/1304393031295143943



RugbyFan100

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 1:31 pm

What's your wish then? That sexton to should be playing whenever hes fit despite other players in leinster squad being good enough to start and win? Or that Leinster should be stopped from achieving their current squad strength?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20626
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by Pete330v2 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 1:52 pm

It's going to get worse, we're not starting Cooney, our star scrum-half and gone for Matthewson who's only had a couple of appearances off the bench. Ulster are now ruining the Pro14 as well.

Pete330v2

Posts : 3905
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 1:58 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:

Also I'm pretty sure Scarlets have been holding back Patchell and Davies so they had a chance to be ready for Toulon

They're injured Gaz.

Teams rest players all the time. The fact you can't understand that this is supposed to be the show piece game and not a regular fixture, so the decision will be scrutinized heavily, shows more about your ingtelligence than anything else.

Were injured. They've been back training since the resumption of the season as far as I'm aware. That also seemed to be the sentiment among other Scarlets fans that "hopefully they're rested and fit enough to face Toulon." Yes, teams rest players all the time.

I don't really see it being scrutinised that heavily. Sexton is literally being stitched up, maybe he could do with the rest of the season off and/or next season. I've seen the Leinster starting team for the showpiece and it's a good one. The only ignorance and B&I League fantasy being displayed here is by you. Perhaps you'd care to come forward and chat in private? Or are you another one of PhilBB's little pets? Smile

mikey_dragon

Posts : 11037
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 2:00 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Brendan wrote:

I am sure if Leinster win 3 in a row the same journalist will tell us that's not good for the league either and that it is unfair that Leinster are able to produce nearly their entire squad from their academy and that the IRFU should do something.  Why should they keep all their best players who become internationals it's just not fair.

Well yeah, that's the while point. They're so far ahead of the next best team that they can play their 2nds in a final and probably still win. Great for Leinster, not for the league. Any fool cam see that. Nobody on here will say anything negative about that though.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/pro14/if-the-pro14-final-was-between-the-two-best-teams-it-would-feature-leinster-a-vs-leinster-b-39521890.html

No, if you had payed attention you would have seen most fans saying "The rest of us need to improve." Rolling Eyes

mikey_dragon

Posts : 11037
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by RugbyFan100 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 2:44 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Also I'm pretty sure Scarlets have been holding back Patchell and Davies so they had a chance to be ready for Toulon

They're injured Gaz.

Teams rest players all the time. The fact you can't understand that this is supposed to be the show piece game and not a regular fixture, so the decision will be scrutinized heavily, shows more about your ingtelligence than anything else.

Were injured. They've been back training since the resumption of the season as far as I'm aware. That also seemed to be the sentiment among other Scarlets fans that "hopefully they're rested and fit enough to face Toulon." Yes, teams rest players all the time.


Not fit enough after their long term injuiries according to head coach Glen Delaney, should be ok for new season. But I'm sure you know better than him.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by RugbyFan100 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 2:45 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:What's your wish then? That sexton to should be playing whenever hes fit despite other players in leinster squad being good enough to start and win? Or that Leinster should be stopped from achieving their current squad strength?

It's the final

RugbyFan100

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by RugbyFan100 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 2:46 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Perhaps you'd care to come forward and chat in private?

What does this mean?

RugbyFan100

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 3:12 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:What's your wish then? That sexton to should be playing whenever hes fit despite other players in leinster squad being good enough to start and win? Or that Leinster should be stopped from achieving their current squad strength?

It's the final
So for instance last years english final where exeter started Simmonds senior, LCD and Steenson on the bench means that the english league is in the same state. I really dont get why you get so hett up. Rotation happens everywhere where teams have a good squad.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20626
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by RugbyFan100 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 3:31 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:What's your wish then? That sexton to should be playing whenever hes fit despite other players in leinster squad being good enough to start and win? Or that Leinster should be stopped from achieving their current squad strength?

It's the final
So for instance last years english final where exeter started Simmonds senior, LCD and Steenson on the bench means that the english league is in the same state.  I really dont get why you get so hett up. Rotation happens everywhere where teams have a good squad.

Couldn't comment on Exeter's first choice XV / injuries / seconds, over a year ago sorry.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 3:38 pm

So it happens everywhere. You maybe just have a thing against the smaller teams who have a huge drop off in 2nd string?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20626
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 4:15 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Also I'm pretty sure Scarlets have been holding back Patchell and Davies so they had a chance to be ready for Toulon

They're injured Gaz.

Teams rest players all the time. The fact you can't understand that this is supposed to be the show piece game and not a regular fixture, so the decision will be scrutinized heavily, shows more about your ingtelligence than anything else.

Were injured. They've been back training since the resumption of the season as far as I'm aware. That also seemed to be the sentiment among other Scarlets fans that "hopefully they're rested and fit enough to face Toulon." Yes, teams rest players all the time.


Not fit enough after their long term injuiries according to head coach Glen Delaney, should be ok for new season. But I'm sure you know better than him.

I hadn't seen this news, could you please provide? I certainly don't know more than Glenn Delaney, a bit like you don't know more than Leo Cullen Wink.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 11037
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 4:18 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Perhaps you'd care to come forward and chat in private?

What does this mean?

You keep approaching me as if we're acquainted - that's news to me. Seeing as you're slowly creeping into PhillBB territory, if you think you know me then come forward on whichever platform you believe you know me from? It would be nice to put a face to a name and all that. If you say no then that's fine - I mean it's happened a few times when I've approached people who sought to use personal data against me on here. It says a lot about you and them really, doesn't it?

mikey_dragon

Posts : 11037
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 5:59 pm

Is it worth a mention that guys like Ryan and Porter had to previously be rested, but are starting tomorrow's game, or are we just targeting Sexton? Furlong is still injured / not ready, as far as I'm aware?

mikey_dragon

Posts : 11037
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by Pot Hale on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 10:51 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Is it worth a mention that guys like Ryan and Porter had to previously be rested, but are starting tomorrow's game, or are we just targeting Sexton? Furlong is still injured / not ready, as far as I'm aware?

Ryan was recovering from injury. Furlong and Leavy are still not available. Sexton is on the bench - proper selection.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6927
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 58
Location : Shuffling

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat 12 Sep 2020, 12:48 am

Yeah, so they had to be rested due to injury, I guess? Smile

mikey_dragon

Posts : 11037
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by BamBam on Sat 12 Sep 2020, 9:26 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:English boys piling in now.

https://twitter.com/LTUSM/status/1304393031295143943



Nearly 24 hours later, 1 retweet and 9 likes is very reflective of the "English boys piling in"

BamBam

Posts : 16241
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by Pot Hale on Sat 12 Sep 2020, 12:42 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Yeah, so they had to be rested due to injury, I guess? Smile

Ryan, Furlong and Leavy, yes, but not Porter.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6927
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 58
Location : Shuffling

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat 12 Sep 2020, 2:14 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Yeah, so they had to be rested due to injury, I guess? Smile

Ryan, Furlong and Leavy, yes,  but not Porter.  

Had Porter featured up to now? Just wondering, but I really don’t remember. I would say Furlong and Porter are another like-for-like.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 11037
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by Pot Hale on Sat 12 Sep 2020, 6:01 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Yeah, so they had to be rested due to injury, I guess? Smile

Ryan, Furlong and Leavy, yes,  but not Porter.  

Had Porter featured up to now? Just wondering, but I really don’t remember. I would say Furlong and Porter are another like-for-like.

Started against Munster in the interpros and in the semi since return from COVID.  
It’s Furlong, Porter, Bent, Abdalaze in pecking order.  Furlong and Abdaladze have been out with injuries.  
Porter may overtake or possibly be shifted back to Loosehead where he started if Ed Byrne or Dooley don’t improve further. Milne and Clarkson may be the better long term replacements in the academy but both have got PRO14 game time already.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6927
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 58
Location : Shuffling

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by Pot Hale on Sat 12 Sep 2020, 11:37 pm

And so endeth the 2019/20. As predicted, it wasn’t really about the presence of Sexton on the bench, but more about the development of a second team within the squad who got their just rewards this evening in winning silverware.

And a fitting gesture by Sexton and Ringrose at the end - they wanted their teammates, Rob Kearney and Fergus McFadden, to lift the cup as both collected their winners medals and closed the chapter on their PRO careers.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6927
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 58
Location : Shuffling

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun 13 Sep 2020, 10:45 am

Pot Hale wrote:And so endeth the 2019/20.   As predicted, it wasn’t really about the presence of Sexton on the bench, but more about the development of a second team within the squad who got their just rewards this evening in winning silverware.  

And a fitting gesture by Sexton and Ringrose at the end - they wanted their teammates, Rob Kearney and Fergus McFadden, to lift the cup as both collected their winners medals and closed the chapter on their PRO careers.  

Very fitting, both have been great for Irish rugby. Ulster couldn't do it even with ex-Leinster players... Leinster are just far too good. Promising signs within Ulster though and they have a pretty strong squad - no need to be harsh on yourselves as it seems the likes of Leinster (probably along with Exeter and Sarries) are well ahead of everyone else.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 11037
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by PhilBB on Sun 13 Sep 2020, 1:57 pm

So the team that spends the most wins the league

@_cowboy5678
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 5076
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by PhilBB on Sun 13 Sep 2020, 2:14 pm

BigGee wrote:i am not sure SF really understands the Pro 14 model yet nor how important iit is in sustsining professional rugby for the smaller countries in the northern hemisphere.


That comment makes little sense when pro rugby is sustained in those countries by the international game because the PrO’14 generates so little income. In other words, you have it the wrong way around.

Consider how relatively little money the French clubs get from the international game and then you’ll see how important a league is in sustaining pro rugby
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 5076
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by PhilBB on Sun 13 Sep 2020, 2:20 pm

Brendan wrote:Just to show the difference

In 17/18 Scarletts had an increase in attendance not because they had more internationals on show but because they actually believed they could compete for the tournaments

17/18
Pro14 - Finalist (9.0k)
Chap Cup - Semi Final (12.0k)

18/19
Pro14 - 4th in Conference (8.4k)
Chap Cup - 3rd in group (7.8k) (them and Leicester finished on 1 win, Racing and Ulster on 5 wins)

That league data difference could easily be explained by the timing of the games.

And they also had more internationals on show when they sold out against French opposition in the Champs Cup knockout game

15,373 against La Rochelle skews the average
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 5076
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by PhilBB on Sun 13 Sep 2020, 2:22 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:https://twitter.com/MattSouth7/status/1303635792204566534

Very Happy Very Happy

Joke league

International for international.

One of them is likely to break.

Maybe Gaz. But this is undeniably a poor look for the league and broadcasters.

I fail to see why having the luxury of squad rotation without weakening the matchday squad looks poor for the league. If Sexton and McGrath are carrying knocks why risk them against an Ulster who aren't exactly firing on all cylinders despite the win at Edinburgh? . If we did have that luxury we'd be resting players too for a very difficult trip to Toulouse but we'll have to field as full strength a side as we can to have any chance of competing with the powerhouse that is Leinster, they on the other hand simply do not.

Agreed.   Welsh fans and journalists seem to think Sexton is the star player of the PRO14 when clearly he is not.    If anything, it is Ross Byrne who should be starting by default, and Sexton to step in if required.     

Is Ross Byrne on a central contract then?

Yes, he is. Every Irish player is centrally contracted

Terrible look for rather competition, however, where one team’s salary spend is so great that it can rest players for the final
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 5076
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sun 13 Sep 2020, 2:26 pm

PhilBB wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:https://twitter.com/MattSouth7/status/1303635792204566534

Very Happy Very Happy

Joke league

International for international.

One of them is likely to break.

Maybe Gaz. But this is undeniably a poor look for the league and broadcasters.

I fail to see why having the luxury of squad rotation without weakening the matchday squad looks poor for the league. If Sexton and McGrath are carrying knocks why risk them against an Ulster who aren't exactly firing on all cylinders despite the win at Edinburgh? . If we did have that luxury we'd be resting players too for a very difficult trip to Toulouse but we'll have to field as full strength a side as we can to have any chance of competing with the powerhouse that is Leinster, they on the other hand simply do not.

Agreed.   Welsh fans and journalists seem to think Sexton is the star player of the PRO14 when clearly he is not.    If anything, it is Ross Byrne who should be starting by default, and Sexton to step in if required.     

Is Ross Byrne on a central contract then?

Yes, he is. Every Irish player is centrally contracted

Terrible look for rather competition, however, where one team’s salary spend is so great that it can rest players for the final
What players were rested for the final?

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5353
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 30
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by PhilBB on Sun 13 Sep 2020, 2:53 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:https://twitter.com/MattSouth7/status/1303635792204566534

Very Happy Very Happy

Joke league

International for international.

One of them is likely to break.

Maybe Gaz. But this is undeniably a poor look for the league and broadcasters.

I fail to see why having the luxury of squad rotation without weakening the matchday squad looks poor for the league. If Sexton and McGrath are carrying knocks why risk them against an Ulster who aren't exactly firing on all cylinders despite the win at Edinburgh? . If we did have that luxury we'd be resting players too for a very difficult trip to Toulouse but we'll have to field as full strength a side as we can to have any chance of competing with the powerhouse that is Leinster, they on the other hand simply do not.

Agreed.   Welsh fans and journalists seem to think Sexton is the star player of the PRO14 when clearly he is not.    If anything, it is Ross Byrne who should be starting by default, and Sexton to step in if required.     

Is Ross Byrne on a central contract then?

Yes, he is. Every Irish player is centrally contracted

Terrible look for rather competition, however, where one team’s salary spend is so great that it can rest players for the final
What players were rested for the final?

Yeah, I’m happy to be convinced that Sexton was dropped

Go. Convince me
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 5076
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sun 13 Sep 2020, 3:24 pm

PhilBB wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:https://twitter.com/MattSouth7/status/1303635792204566534

Very Happy Very Happy

Joke league

International for international.

One of them is likely to break.

Maybe Gaz. But this is undeniably a poor look for the league and broadcasters.

I fail to see why having the luxury of squad rotation without weakening the matchday squad looks poor for the league. If Sexton and McGrath are carrying knocks why risk them against an Ulster who aren't exactly firing on all cylinders despite the win at Edinburgh? . If we did have that luxury we'd be resting players too for a very difficult trip to Toulouse but we'll have to field as full strength a side as we can to have any chance of competing with the powerhouse that is Leinster, they on the other hand simply do not.

Agreed.   Welsh fans and journalists seem to think Sexton is the star player of the PRO14 when clearly he is not.    If anything, it is Ross Byrne who should be starting by default, and Sexton to step in if required.     

Is Ross Byrne on a central contract then?

Yes, he is. Every Irish player is centrally contracted

Terrible look for rather competition, however, where one team’s salary spend is so great that it can rest players for the final
What players were rested for the final?

Yeah, I’m happy to be convinced that Sexton was dropped

Go. Convince me
So only one player then? Since when is being in the match day 23 considered rested? What if Byrne went off injured after 1 minute and Sexton came on, would he still have been considered rested?

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5353
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 30
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by PhilBB on Sun 13 Sep 2020, 3:31 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:https://twitter.com/MattSouth7/status/1303635792204566534

Very Happy Very Happy

Joke league

International for international.

One of them is likely to break.

Maybe Gaz. But this is undeniably a poor look for the league and broadcasters.

I fail to see why having the luxury of squad rotation without weakening the matchday squad looks poor for the league. If Sexton and McGrath are carrying knocks why risk them against an Ulster who aren't exactly firing on all cylinders despite the win at Edinburgh? . If we did have that luxury we'd be resting players too for a very difficult trip to Toulouse but we'll have to field as full strength a side as we can to have any chance of competing with the powerhouse that is Leinster, they on the other hand simply do not.

Agreed.   Welsh fans and journalists seem to think Sexton is the star player of the PRO14 when clearly he is not.    If anything, it is Ross Byrne who should be starting by default, and Sexton to step in if required.     

Is Ross Byrne on a central contract then?

Yes, he is. Every Irish player is centrally contracted

Terrible look for rather competition, however, where one team’s salary spend is so great that it can rest players for the final
What players were rested for the final?

Yeah, I’m happy to be convinced that Sexton was dropped

Go. Convince me
So only one player then? Since when is being in the match day 23 considered rested? What if Byrne went off injured after 1 minute and Sexton came on, would he still have been considered rested?

Well I’m pretty sure that the point of being on the bench is that 80 minutes aren’t to be played. I’m not sure what your point is, however, sorry
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 5076
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sun 13 Sep 2020, 3:41 pm

PhilBB wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:https://twitter.com/MattSouth7/status/1303635792204566534

Very Happy Very Happy

Joke league

International for international.

One of them is likely to break.

Maybe Gaz. But this is undeniably a poor look for the league and broadcasters.

I fail to see why having the luxury of squad rotation without weakening the matchday squad looks poor for the league. If Sexton and McGrath are carrying knocks why risk them against an Ulster who aren't exactly firing on all cylinders despite the win at Edinburgh? . If we did have that luxury we'd be resting players too for a very difficult trip to Toulouse but we'll have to field as full strength a side as we can to have any chance of competing with the powerhouse that is Leinster, they on the other hand simply do not.

Agreed.   Welsh fans and journalists seem to think Sexton is the star player of the PRO14 when clearly he is not.    If anything, it is Ross Byrne who should be starting by default, and Sexton to step in if required.     

Is Ross Byrne on a central contract then?

Yes, he is. Every Irish player is centrally contracted

Terrible look for rather competition, however, where one team’s salary spend is so great that it can rest players for the final
What players were rested for the final?

Yeah, I’m happy to be convinced that Sexton was dropped

Go. Convince me
So only one player then? Since when is being in the match day 23 considered rested? What if Byrne went off injured after 1 minute and Sexton came on, would he still have been considered rested?

Well I’m pretty sure that the point of being on the bench is that 80 minutes aren’t to be played. I’m not sure what your point is, however, sorry
So still only one player then?

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5353
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 30
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 14 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum