The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closing of Match Threads

+10
thebandwagonsociety
BamBam
tigertattie
LondonTiger
RiscaGame
SecretFly
Cyril
majesticimperialman
TightHEAD
lostinwales
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is 606 modding killing the mood?

Closing of Match Threads - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Closing of Match Threads - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 6 ]
Closing of Match Threads - Page 2 Vote_lcap62%Closing of Match Threads - Page 2 Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 16

Closing of Match Threads - Page 2 Empty Closing of Match Threads

Post by TightHEAD Sun 6 Oct - 21:58

First topic message reminder :

Shocked to see the match thread between Eng v Arg has already been closed down!

Is it really necessary to close it a day after the game?

Talk about killing the mood, this is a rugby forum yet talk about games is being censored and shut down. 606 is being over modded, what do the site founders/sponsors think about this???
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Closing of Match Threads - Page 2 Empty Re: Closing of Match Threads

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct - 10:36

There seems little point posting here anymore. Ignoring the WUM comments for a minute, but if a poster puts a load of time, thought and effort into posting numerous messages on a thread only to have the thread locked down and consigned to the archives...... then what is the point continuing to put effort in???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct - 10:38

LD, you need to start another French referees are dodgy thread. For some reason WR team this incompetent double act up in every single game I watch. It’s infuriating.

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 11 Oct - 10:47

Go and read my post as I wasn't the one LD that got it closed.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 11 Oct - 10:48

The Oracle wrote:There seems little point posting here anymore.  Ignoring the WUM comments for a minute, but if a poster puts a load of time, thought and effort into posting numerous messages on a thread only to have the thread locked down and consigned to the archives...... then what is the point continuing to put effort in???

OK

It's becoming a bit of a Hara Kiri habit. If threads keep getting closed for what I personally still think is mild mild stuff in comparison to stuff on other social media outlets, then people won't have a reason for turning up.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 11 Oct - 10:59

I agree, it was playground stuff.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct - 11:03

So true SecretFly, some people need to harden up. People that complain to the 606v3 mods and waste their time should take a look at themselves. Stop being so offended, roll with the punches, admit you’ve been out-jousted, store it for later, move on, and get on with it. It’s embarrassing.

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 11 Oct - 11:11

+1 ebop
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct - 14:46

TightHEAD wrote:Yet another one of my threads had a title change, is there really a need for this big brother is watching you attitude? Its killing this site.

Tbf you have a point with this.

I wrote a massive thread about 12 months ago discussing the Welsh squad, who would make the WC, who's in form/looking good, who's not - it was easily 2000-3000 words, all of it interesting, with some pretty decent predictions in there like Wyn Jones wasn't far from the starting shirt - which no-one would have thought would happen, and few would probably have agreed with, yet here he is, Wales' starting loosehead prop. But more than anything else, it was a lot of effort to write, and would be good to go back to and see how what I said related to the actual WC, particularly if we win it.

When I came back on the site a few weeks ago, looked it up and the OP message had literally been edited/deleted and replaced with the Welsh squad for the WC. Really disappointing. It's not as if that info isn't easily and widely available on the internet...the whole point of 606 (the old one) was it was genuinely interesting to hear fans' 'blogs', so to speak, and I was pretty annoyed that, effectively, I had what would be considered an interesting blog deleted for the sake of a list that no-one is actually using as their main source of news...in which case, it just feels like it was deleted almost meaninglessly.

A bit more understanding from whoever's editing would be good.

Understand the desire to keep the site 'clean' so to speak, but that was really annoying to see what would have been interesting from an archive perspective just cast off in to the internet ether.

Starting with not deleting memebers' contributions, but if editing, adding to the original topic should be the extent of moderation, or tidying up very minor pieces of info. Not heavy handed deletion.

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 11 Oct - 14:55

Understand the frustration with your work being deleted, I assume its because it morphed into a generic Wales RWC thread

Personally I'm not a fan of overly long OP's on threads, especially because you then have to scroll through the whole lot on every single page. Prefer when the thread OP is snappy and to the point, be it a link to an article or team information etc, then the posts truly begin below that

Just my two cents

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 11 Oct - 15:00

BamBam wrote:Understand the frustration with your work being deleted, I assume its because it morphed into a generic Wales RWC thread

Personally I'm not a fan of overly long OP's on threads, especially because you then have to scroll through the whole lot on every single page. Prefer when the thread OP is snappy and to the point, be it a link to an article or team information etc, then the posts truly begin below that

Just my two cents

I was going to read your post, Bam.  But *yawn* it was too long.  Run

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 11 Oct - 15:15

Laugh

You'll have to let me off, I usually barely need 2 sentences to regale you all with my genius. Friday afternoon syndrome

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct - 15:32

Three lines is the Goldilocks zone. Life is short so fark the 5 paragraph diatribes (miaoyawn)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2