The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+15
Davie
Shotrock
incontinentia
JuliusHMarx
westisbest
super_realist
superflyweight
navyblueshorts
I'm never wrong
JAS
dynamark
pedro
Soul Requiem
beninho
McLaren
19 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Sat 20 Jun 2020, 1:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Navy

And what super has also missed is that the statues and TV shows are not really the main focus of the protests. They are easy news bites to bring up but the meat of the protesters argument is about equality for black people.

I also don't think super is correct that just because you support BLM you don't also worry about atrocities committed in other spheres of life. It is just that currently the focus is on racism towards black people.

As much as he hates America, Super would really fit into their libertarian ways.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed 29 Jul 2020, 12:02 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:My point is raising Rashford, waa against the poibt made about considering what they say in case people deliberately ignore them because they don't like that person.

Just because you don't like the person saying something or think they are an idiot, doesn't mean what is said isnt true or justifiable.  

If Lewis Hamilton says,  he has sold cars and replaced them with electric cars, he doesn't look to use plastic, he travels less on planes  he eats less or no meat.  And someone thinks I'm going to buy more gas guzzling cars, use more plastic, fly more and eat more meat because I hate Hamilton, then that person is weird.

If your point is still, well Hamilton is an idiot and he drives an f1 car so everything else he does makes him a hypocrite then fine, but it doesn't mean that he hasn't got a point.

It most certainly does.

Hamilton has said he has reduced his overall use of plastic? How is that not a good idea?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 29 Jul 2020, 12:14 pm

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:My point is raising Rashford, waa against the poibt made about considering what they say in case people deliberately ignore them because they don't like that person.

Just because you don't like the person saying something or think they are an idiot, doesn't mean what is said isnt true or justifiable.  

If Lewis Hamilton says,  he has sold cars and replaced them with electric cars, he doesn't look to use plastic, he travels less on planes  he eats less or no meat.  And someone thinks I'm going to buy more gas guzzling cars, use more plastic, fly more and eat more meat because I hate Hamilton, then that person is weird.

If your point is still, well Hamilton is an idiot and he drives an f1 car so everything else he does makes him a hypocrite then fine, but it doesn't mean that he hasn't got a point.

It most certainly does.

Hamilton has said he has reduced his overall use of plastic?  How is that not a good idea?

Wow good for him, what a shining light he is.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 29 Jul 2020, 12:16 pm

So, when he says, we should reduce use of plastic
S, you think hes an idiot and he doesn't have a point?

But, even if he used bottles of plastic a day, saying we need to reduce llastic is still a valid point. Hypocrite or not.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 29 Jul 2020, 1:25 pm

McLaren wrote:Navy

Person of colour is fine, coloured isn't.
I don't care OK.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 29 Jul 2020, 7:49 pm

More PC gone mad Rolling Eyes

https://www.thejournal.ie/tampax-tampons-tea-ad-complaints-asai-5162825-Jul2020/
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 29 Jul 2020, 8:00 pm

84 people complained. 84. Out of whatver tge Irish adult population is.

This will now be picked up and reported leading to people think pc is out of control, when its based on 84 people.

People will then think you cant do anything nowadays. But remember its 84 people.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 29 Jul 2020, 8:17 pm

beninho wrote:84 people complained. 84. Out of whatver tge Irish adult population is.

This will now be picked up and reported leading to people think pc is out of control, when its based on 84 people.

People will then think you cant do anything nowadays. But remember its 84 people.
PC is out of control if the powers that be cave to the wishes of 84 fuddy duddys. The ad is bloody ('scuse the pun) harmless, its intended to help women. The review body found nothing specifically wrong with the ad, but were happy to label it "generally offensive" (whatever that means).
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 29 Jul 2020, 8:31 pm

But how is it political correctness?

Is a shocking decision, but I can't say I'm au fait with Irish advertising rules and regs. But, I'm unsure how its that old chestnut of pc gone mad.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 29 Jul 2020, 8:38 pm

I dont know exactly but it seems to fit into that category.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 30 Jul 2020, 6:05 am

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

It most certainly does.

Hamilton has said he has reduced his overall use of plastic?  How is that not a good idea?

Big bloody deal.
Bringing your own bag to the supermarket or using a bamboo toothbrush is hardly going to make a difference and won't reduce climate change anyway.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 30 Jul 2020, 6:09 am

McLaren wrote:Super

I can't remember the numbers but I once read a report on sports contribution to CO2 emissions and the crowd numbers are pretty much the main determining factor.  The championship or EPL for example will have way higher CO2 contributions than F1 because of the number of people that travel to the games over a season.

f1 is 20 races a season with often not particularly high attendances, the 20 cars going around and some air freight don't come close to the hundreds of games per league in football.

It's more the thousands of miles of testing, qualifiers, logistics, flying hundreds of people around the world for every race plus all the equipment that I was thinking of, but I'm aware of the crowd which is why I blame film stars in the same way as the number of people going to see their films also have a larger cumulated c02 than what the film took to make.
Hamilton doesn't have a badly dressed leg to stand on.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 30 Jul 2020, 6:11 am

McLaren wrote:super/inco

Inco's point about the greater good should be a pretty simple one to understand. If someone has a decent level of fame I would rather they added to positive campaigns. Things like dealing with climate change need momentum, like successful political campaigns, and popular celebrities can help with that.

Also please note that being a hypocrite is not fallacious. An argument holds regardless of the behavior of the individual putting it forward.

Mac, when have you ever known anyone to listen to someone who behaves in such a hypocritical manner? People are influenced by people who make an example, not who do one thing and say another. Is anyone changing their environmental impact because of what Hamilton or Prince Harry says? Are they f*ck.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 30 Jul 2020, 6:15 am

Hamilton, like all of us, is currently experiencing climate change and has been the victim of racism throughout his life. He has direct experience of the the issues he "preaches" on.

In what way is Hamilton experiencing climate change? Ha ha ha ha ha. He isn't affected in the slightest and has zero direct experience of it.

What has racism got to do with his non experience of climate change and his rank hypocrisy on it? Nothing.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 30 Jul 2020, 9:17 am

"Told my local supermarket manager that I knew how the Jews felt before the 2nd War!
I’m exempt but won’t hide behind that!"

Stupid people on twitter number 1 million. The above lady compared face masks to the treatment of Jews at ww2.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 30 Jul 2020, 11:24 am

Rock stars cant even bang groupies anymore Rolling Eyes

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/entertainment-arts-53581574
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 30 Jul 2020, 1:57 pm

By bang groupies you mean a group of guys assaulting a woman?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 30 Jul 2020, 3:49 pm

McLaren wrote:By bang groupies you mean a group of guys assaulting a woman?
Didnt see anything like that in the article Mac, seems like you're making a bit of a jump. The Killers are Mormons ffs, total goody two shoes. The whole story is based on one person's interpretation of events, which is now branding the band as some sort of sex offenders (Yes its members of the crew being accused of misconduct but there's guilt by association).

Tell me this Mac, did you have an opinion on the Aziz Ansari controversy a few years ago?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 30 Jul 2020, 4:58 pm

Don't think the band are being classed as anything. But the report of a woman being used for sex then left naked and unconscious doesn't sound good and not sonething any band woukd want to be associated with.

The Aziz Ansari case showed that things aren't always as clear as some may think. One person pushing for some action could be tge other person being forced i to it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 30 Jul 2020, 6:55 pm

Inco

"members of the stage crew took turns to engage in sexual activity with a woman in a dressing room."

Recalling a specific incident in Milwaukee, she said: "We were about half way through our load-in when the FOH [front of house] engineer came over radio and said, 'Hey guys, there is a girl set up in Dressing Room A. Put your name on the list outside the door with your radio channel and we'll call you when it's your turn.'

"I continued my load out, occasionally hearing a name come over the radio to notify them that it was their turn on the train in Dressing Room A."

Sound consensual?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 30 Jul 2020, 10:33 pm

Thats just locker room talk. Maybe the woman enjoyed herself despite the concerns of fuddy duddys?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 30 Jul 2020, 10:56 pm

Mac, it’s rock’n’roll. How can anyone be surprised. BJ’s during the guitar solo is what everyone’s expecting.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 30 Jul 2020, 11:00 pm

Inco

You're right, I don't want to kink shame but the chances are the woman did not want to get banged by a succession of men like that.
McLaren
McLaren

incontinentia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 31 Jul 2020, 6:28 am

beninho wrote:"Told my local supermarket manager that I knew how the Jews felt before the 2nd War!
I’m exempt but won’t hide behind that!"

Stupid people on twitter number 1 million.  The above lady compared face masks to the treatment of Jews at ww2.

I thought you didn't care when people said stupid things?

You'll probably still defend Wiley though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 31 Jul 2020, 7:13 am

I forgot you were an anti masker aswell. Do you pride yourself in not wearing one like those other idiots who take selfies in shops proudly showing off no mask?

What makes you think I'm antisemitic?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri 31 Jul 2020, 9:45 am

Pleased to see in F1 grid line up the drivers do take individual decisions on the kneeling 'protest'
How it should be .
Govt have finally gone over the parapet and decided that Eid gatherings this weekend may have had a significant effect on infection in some areas.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 31 Jul 2020, 10:01 am

If the Government is worried about the Muslims, I guess its going to be a lonely Christmas for many in 5 months time.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 31 Jul 2020, 10:19 am

Is Super an anti masker? It gets worse for him every day.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 31 Jul 2020, 12:58 pm

picard Rolling Eyes
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 31 Jul 2020, 2:41 pm

Navy

Explain?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 02 Aug 2020, 6:51 am

McLaren wrote:Is Super an anti masker? It gets worse for him every day.

How does it? When have I ever said I'm against masks? I said I question the timing If it was so important why was there a lead time of 1-2 weeks depending where you are in the country?
If they can implement local lockdown in a few hours why not introduce masks on the same timescale?
I also question the issue of masks and the false sense of security it offers because people are too stupid to understand it doesn't protect you from getting it, only has a minor effect in passing it on.
You really do have the comprehension of a nat Mac.

Last edited by super_realist on Sun 02 Aug 2020, 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 02 Aug 2020, 6:54 am

incontinentia wrote:
Didnt see anything like that in the article Mac, seems like you're making a bit of a jump. The Killers are Mormons ffs, total goody two shoes. The whole story is based on one person's interpretation of events, which is now branding the band as some sort of sex offenders (Yes its members of the crew being accused of misconduct but there's guilt by association).

Tell me this Mac, did you have an opinion on the Aziz Ansari controversy a few years ago?

What's being mormon got to do with it? Doesn't make them prudes or virtuous. Mormons practice polygamy for goodness sake so banging a few groupies once they remove their standard issue underwear is probably not unheard of.

I remember a very funny video when Brandon Flowers met Richard Dawkins on a Swedish chat show. It didn't end well for Flowers.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 02 Aug 2020, 6:58 am

beninho wrote:I forgot you were an anti masker aswell.  Do you pride yourself in not wearing one like those other idiots who take selfies in shops proudly showing off no mask?

I didn't say you were anti semitic, but you defended Hamilton for his hypocritical, laughable indefensible wittering so thought you might do the same for the plank Wiley.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 02 Aug 2020, 8:39 am

super_realist wrote:

How does it? When have I ever said I'm against masks? I said I question the timing If it was so important why was there a lead time of 1-2 weeks depending where you are in the country?
If they can implement local lockdown in a few hours why not introduce masks on the same timescale?
I also question the issue of masks and the false sense of security it offers because people are too stupid to understand it doesn't protect you from getting it, only has a minor effect in passing it on.

We had a back and forth not long ago, and you said you didn't think that people should be wearing masks in shops. You were pretty clear in your anti mask views. And the suppose you are pretty clear if your anti mask views in this response. You've been anti mask for a long time though, think you laughed at people very early on.

To be fair, i think the mask take up has been pretty exemplary in this country, barely see anyone without one. Think the anti maskers are in a small minority.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 02 Aug 2020, 8:44 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:I forgot you were an anti masker aswell.  Do you pride yourself in not wearing one like those other idiots who take selfies in shops proudly showing off no mask?

I didn't say you were anti semitic, but you defended Hamilton for his hypocritical, laughable indefensible wittering so thought you might do the same for the  plank Wiley.

You thought I would defend antisemitism? You seemed to be implying I hold the same views because why else would I defend it.

What has Wileys antisemitism got to do with Lewis Hamikton talking about the environment anyway?

Think an apology may be in order, or a better explanation.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 02 Aug 2020, 9:49 am

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/aug/01/former-minister-arrested-sexual-assault-charge

Tory MPs not allowed to bang people that work for them now then..

Is that how it works?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 02 Aug 2020, 11:37 am

Explain?
🤷 Just your apparent knee-jerk assumption that that sort of thing is, and was, always non-consensual assault.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 02 Aug 2020, 11:39 am

beninho wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/aug/01/former-minister-arrested-sexual-assault-charge

Is that how it works?
Headscratch
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 02 Aug 2020, 12:08 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:

Explain?
🤷 Just your apparent knee-jerk assumption that that sort of thing is, and was, always non-consensual assault.

Would the intoxicated and passed out bits not be a slight cause for alarm.?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 02 Aug 2020, 1:42 pm

beninho wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/aug/01/former-minister-arrested-sexual-assault-charge

Is that how it works?
Not the same situation.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 02 Aug 2020, 4:50 pm

incontinentia wrote:

Is that how it works?
Not the same situation.  

Both reports of alleged sexual assault. But only one worth making a joke over?

Now, don't get me wrong, I have a will joke about almost anything. But just wanting to know whats the difference.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 02 Aug 2020, 5:41 pm

beninho wrote:
incontinentia wrote:

Is that how it works?
Not the same situation.  

Both reports of alleged sexual assault. But only one worth making a joke over?

Now, don't get me wrong, I have a will joke about almost anything. But just wanting to know whats the difference.
One has actually being reported to the police by the alleged victim, the other was a post on social media by someone who thought inappropriate behaviour was going on but wasn't directly involved.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 03 Aug 2020, 6:01 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I didn't say you were anti semitic, but you defended Hamilton for his hypocritical, laughable indefensible wittering so thought you might do the same for the  plank Wiley.

You thought I would defend antisemitism?  You seemed to be implying I hold the same views because why else would I defend it.

What has Wileys antisemitism got to do with Lewis Hamikton talking about the environment anyway?

No, but you have a habit of defending people who say stupid things.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 03 Aug 2020, 6:04 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

We had a back and forth not long ago, and you said you didn't think that people should be wearing masks in shops. You were pretty clear in your anti mask views. And the suppose you are pretty clear if your anti mask views in this response. You've been anti mask for a long time though, think you laughed at people very early on.

To be fair, i think the mask take up has been pretty exemplary in this country, barely see anyone without one. Think the anti maskers are in a small minority.

I laughed at people wearing them in their cars and people who wore them outdoors because that is completely pointless
The reason I was against them in shops is because I thought it stupid that people are now made to wear them when infection rates are at their lowest, rather than 2 months ago and when they are given a two week lead period and also stupid because people overestimate their effectiveness, how much protection they offer and has been seen to cause a false sense of security through a lowering of social distancing.

I'm not not necessarily against them, but it seems that their use is largely tokenistic at the current time.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 03 Aug 2020, 8:08 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

You thought I would defend antisemitism?  You seemed to be implying I hold the same views because why else would I defend it.

No, but you have a habit of defending people who say stupid things.

Again, not quite understanding. So, because, I am not as bothered by you on Hamiltons views, you think I would defend antisemitism? Thats you take on it?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 03 Aug 2020, 8:15 am

I have read lot of ant masters use the claim, about why masks are used now not previously. While, it seems the govt were late bringing them in. But surely, as more people started going out and more shops opened up it was snd still is a wise choice.

I am also yet to see any evidence of this false sense of security claim either.

I heard a scientist on the radio the other week, in response to claims people will play with them just respond, do people mess around with gloves if wearing them or a hat.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 03 Aug 2020, 8:28 am

beninho wrote:I have read lot of ant masters use the claim, about why masks are used now not previously. While, it seems the govt were late bringing them in. But surely, as more people started going out and more shops opened up it was snd still is a wise choice.

I heard a scientist on the radio the other week, in response to claims people will play with them  just respond, do people mess around with gloves if wearing them or a hat.

Yes they do and i've seen numerous people whilst out and about fiddling with the mask they're wearing.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 03 Aug 2020, 9:28 am

Super

Don't really understand your argument, it is better late than never for mask wearing. Especially in the context of trying to avoid the second wave being as bad as the first.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 03 Aug 2020, 10:45 am

beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Explain?

Would the intoxicated and passed out bits not be a slight cause for alarm.?
🤷 Is this a specific example? If so, I missed the details.
Mac's post, as with so many of his, wasn't clear from what I recall. Impression I got was that it was a typical generalisation, which is too often what he does. In so doing, he doesn't get his points over well enough and too often people lose interest because he just refuses to see that there are other positions/arguments from the ones he has decided are correct.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 03 Aug 2020, 10:48 am

beninho wrote:I have read lot of ant masters use the claim, about why masks are used now not previously. While, it seems the govt were late bringing them in. But surely, as more people started going out and more shops opened up it was snd still is a wise choice.

I heard a scientist on the radio the other week, in response to claims people will play with them  just respond, do people mess around with gloves if wearing them or a hat.
Not much of a scientist, I suggest. A mask is covering your mouth and nose, which I suggest is far more likely (for all sorts of reasons) to have you fiddling with it.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 03 Aug 2020, 10:48 am

Navy

Follow the thread, it was about the woman who was essentially gang raped on a Killers tour by a group of sound engineers. But if you fancy putting your wife or daughter up for being banged by a succession of men and then being left naked and unconscious in a dressing room, so be it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next