The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England: 8 Nations

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Thu 20 Aug 2020, 8:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Not sure if theres already a thread kicking about but seeing as the prem is back I thought it may be nice to argue over the numerous players impressing.

As ever it seems to be scrum half, flankers, centre and full back are where there are chances for people to force their way in. Can't say I've ever been able to call what Eddie Jones thinks but Willis and hill must be tempting him to widen the player pool. A number of scrum halfs have started well also but has the time come for Spencer or Robson? Thought Maunder was very good too and Mitchell showed great flashes.

I'm at a bit of a loss for full back based on the games last week. Furbank looked anonymous and let's face it Daly is a Jones favourite.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down


England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 8:36 pm

Have to day Malins isnt really impressing from full back as I'd hoped he would. Kicking game doesnt seem to be there from full back. Still a great runner but been fairly easily picked off on the main since his switch to Bristol. Most eye catching game was from 10 but still probably a long way down the list.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by rugby racing and beer on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:00 pm

Great call on Malins...

rugby racing and beer

Posts : 376
Join date : 2020-05-28

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:06 pm

Great call on the lack of midfielders. But then the call on Malins was a comment on his effectiveness so far from full back vs his play from 10. I'm happy with that assessment. How are you finding his play from full back in general since his move to Bristol?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by Cumbrian on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:16 pm

I think Malins has done okay, not going to have a blockbuster every game. For what it is worth he has looked dangerous throughout most of the match. Randall was an interesting one, looked dangerous, but you can also clearly see the flaws in his game.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Posts : 4365
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 37
Location : Bath

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:20 pm

Randall looks like a good club player, even a great one, he lacks a little something. Bit like Goode in his effectiveness. I was hoping for more from Malins, just hasn't had enough influence for me.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by rugby racing and beer on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:27 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Great call on the lack of midfielders. But then the call on Malins was a comment on his effectiveness so far from full back vs his play from 10. I'm happy with that assessment. How are you finding his play from full back in general since his move to Bristol?

Haha yep as I said, great call. Cracking try just after you criticise him. Oh dear.

rugby racing and beer

Posts : 376
Join date : 2020-05-28

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:29 pm

Which had nothing to do with the comment on how hes playing from full back. As I questioned to you miaow how have you found his form from full back since he moved to Bristol?

Earl's had a big last 15 min in this game. Bit of luck on a couple of breakdowns but making some key plays.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by rugby racing and beer on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:30 pm

It definitely has 'something' to do with it...

rugby racing and beer

Posts : 376
Join date : 2020-05-28

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:33 pm

So as long as hes always playing next to 9 from full back hes been playing well? How do you find him generally? Dont be shy break it down for us miaow. I was impressed with your in depth knowledge of the next gen of english midfielders. I'm sure you're going to break down why Malins is more effective from full back than from fly half.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by rugby racing and beer on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:37 pm

You're very difficult, 7.5. You read things that aren't there when you want, and then seem to not understand things that almost go without saying at other times.

It's really simple, your comic timing was perfect. That's all. You don't have to try to 'fight' this. Just lighten up a bit and laugh at the irony. Come on, chum.

It was a great try.

rugby racing and beer

Posts : 376
Join date : 2020-05-28

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by rugby racing and beer on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:42 pm

Oh, and there goes Malins, making a worldie of an offload to set up a try.


rugby racing and beer

Posts : 376
Join date : 2020-05-28

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by Cumbrian on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:43 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Randall looks like a good club player, even a great one, he lacks a little something. Bit like Goode in his effectiveness. I was hoping for more from Malins, just hasn't had enough influence for me.

Perhaps, but Bristol have been pretty well shackled for most of the game, they've shoveled the ball from side to side too much. I've see enough in Malins to remain positive about his potential at full back.

Saying that, you would want to see him do something here Bordeaux have been blowing out of their arses for a lot of the second half.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Posts : 4365
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 37
Location : Bath

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by Cumbrian on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:43 pm

That was a beautiful pass. Very Happy
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Posts : 4365
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 37
Location : Bath

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:44 pm

Yup hes had a good couple of efforts since my comment. Still not sure hes been that impressive from full back since he went to Bristol. You disagree? You going to comment on his form there vs fly half? He was one of my hopes for full back when I wrote this but not sure anymore.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:46 pm

Quite cumbrian. Tactically Bristol have looked a little behind Bordeaux, not really seen them able to cut loose. The defence almost stepping off Bristol and picking their moments.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:46 pm

Quite cumbrian. Tactically Bristol have looked a little behind Bordeaux, not really seen them able to cut loose. The defence almost stepping off Bristol and picking their moments.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by rugby racing and beer on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:46 pm

Oh, and Malins has another try...

I wonder if Malins is going to cure coronavirus, end all war, and discover the meaning of life by the end of this game.

It's certainly not out of the equation.

rugby racing and beer

Posts : 376
Join date : 2020-05-28

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by rugby racing and beer on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:47 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Have to day Malins isnt really impressing from full back as I'd hoped he would. Kicking game doesnt seem to be there from full back. Still a great runner but been fairly easily picked off on the main since his switch to Bristol. Most eye catching game was from 10 but still probably a long way down the list.

This has aged like milk. And it's whiffier than camembert.

rugby racing and beer

Posts : 376
Join date : 2020-05-28

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by Cumbrian on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:49 pm

I look what he does no matter where he plays, to me he demonstrates skills that suggest he could be good in both positions.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Posts : 4365
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 37
Location : Bath

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:49 pm

Why has it miaow? Had he impressed in this game up until then? What about his form at full back vs his form from fly half since his move to Bristol?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by rugby racing and beer on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:51 pm

"Have to day (sic) Malins isnt really impressing from full back as I'd hoped he would."

Cue: 2 tries and a world class assist. Still waiting on the coronavirus cure, world peace, and meaning of life stuff. As I said, beautiful comic timing, matey.

rugby racing and beer

Posts : 376
Join date : 2020-05-28

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:51 pm

Cumbrian wrote:I look what he does no matter where he plays, to me he demonstrates skills that suggest he could be good in both positions.
I think for me Watson has looked more comfortable at 15. Better in the air, better runner from back there and better kicking. Anyone can get skinned 1 on 1 of course but again watson looks a little more secure.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:52 pm

rugby racing and beer wrote:"Have to day (sic) Malins isnt really impressing from full back as I'd hoped he would."

Cue: 2 tries and a world class assist. Still waiting on the coronavirus cure, world peace, and meaning of life stuff. As I said, beautiful comic timing, matey.

Still waiting on the question miaow. Looks like you're back on just trying to wum though. Failed on midfielders, failing again..

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by quinsforever on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:52 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:There wasn't a question merely a statement about two players who may or may not turn out to be a miss to England. You are individually a major reason why people now avoid this site.
spot on.

quinsforever

Posts : 6743
Join date : 2013-10-10

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by rugby racing and beer on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:55 pm

Oh lighten up 7.5 it's just a bit of a laugh, don't take yourself so seriously! This has been a great game to watch and even if Malins hasn't lived up to your own personal expectations (whatever they may be) I suppose 'facts don't care about your feelings'. 2 tries and a world class assist and the game is, surely, over. No amount of squirming off topic changes that. It's not a big deal, just laugh along with us, it's fine. In fact it's healthy.

rugby racing and beer

Posts : 376
Join date : 2020-05-28

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:56 pm

rugby racing and beer wrote:Oh lighten up 7.5 it's just a bit of a laugh, don't take yourself so seriously! This has been a great game to watch and even if Malins hasn't lived up to your own personal expectations (whatever they may be) I suppose 'facts don't care about your feelings'. No amount of squirming off topic changes that. It's not a big deal, just laugh along with us, it's fine. In fact it's healthy.


So how do you think hes gone at full back vs fly half since his move to bristol?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by Cumbrian on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:56 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
Cumbrian wrote:I look what he does no matter where he plays, to me he demonstrates skills that suggest he could be good in both positions.
I think for me Watson has looked more comfortable at 15. Better in the air, better runner from back there and better kicking. Anyone can get skinned 1 on 1 of course but again watson looks a little more secure.

I could live with that, but then I think Watson is one of the best players in the world. I think England need at least two or three players in every position, easy to forget that Watson was out for what? A year?
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Posts : 4365
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 37
Location : Bath

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by rugby racing and beer on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:57 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
rugby racing and beer wrote:Oh lighten up 7.5 it's just a bit of a laugh, don't take yourself so seriously! This has been a great game to watch and even if Malins hasn't lived up to your own personal expectations (whatever they may be) I suppose 'facts don't care about your feelings'. No amount of squirming off topic changes that. It's not a big deal, just laugh along with us, it's fine. In fact it's healthy.


So how do you think hes gone at full back vs fly half since his move to bristol?

On the evidence of tonight - very well indeed! Very Happy

rugby racing and beer

Posts : 376
Join date : 2020-05-28

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 9:59 pm

Yup. And kocked out in one of his only games for England at full back! Less options at full back than wing and while I understand hes proved himself filling at 14 I just think we have nowell and Thorley there and cokanasiga and may challenging at 11 that it may make sense to move him there. Let's face it jones will force daly in somewhere.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 10:01 pm

rugby racing and beer wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
rugby racing and beer wrote:Oh lighten up 7.5 it's just a bit of a laugh, don't take yourself so seriously! This has been a great game to watch and even if Malins hasn't lived up to your own personal expectations (whatever they may be) I suppose 'facts don't care about your feelings'. No amount of squirming off topic changes that. It's not a big deal, just laugh along with us, it's fine. In fact it's healthy.


So how do you think hes gone at full back vs fly half since his move to bristol?

On the evidence of tonight - very well indeed! Very Happy

And the evidence since his move to Bristol overall? What's he done well, where does he need to improve if at all? Should he start at full back vs italy?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by rugby racing and beer on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 10:07 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Quite cumbrian. Tactically Bristol have looked a little behind Bordeaux, not really seen them able to cut loose. The defence almost stepping off Bristol and picking their moments.

Not to turn this in to a match thread but this was a honker as well. Bordeaux managed to concede about 6 penalties during Bristol's yellow card and spend most of it in their own 22. They were lucky Bristol were so wasteful with both ball in hand and shots at goal and a TMO decision kept them in the game and put it in to extra time, as did the ref bottling the last ruck of normal time. However, 'tactically', their tactics literally set the groundwork to run Bordeaux off the pitch in extra time where Malins has obviously been to the fore.

rugby racing and beer

Posts : 376
Join date : 2020-05-28

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by Cumbrian on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 10:07 pm

Awww mate, Malins with MOTM!
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Posts : 4365
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 37
Location : Bath

rugby racing and beer likes this post

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by rugby racing and beer on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 10:08 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
rugby racing and beer wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
rugby racing and beer wrote:Oh lighten up 7.5 it's just a bit of a laugh, don't take yourself so seriously! This has been a great game to watch and even if Malins hasn't lived up to your own personal expectations (whatever they may be) I suppose 'facts don't care about your feelings'. No amount of squirming off topic changes that. It's not a big deal, just laugh along with us, it's fine. In fact it's healthy.


So how do you think hes gone at full back vs fly half since his move to bristol?

On the evidence of tonight - very well indeed! Very Happy

And the evidence since his move to Bristol overall? What's he done well, where does he need to improve  if at all? Should he start at full back vs italy?

Good questions. I suppose they belong in a wider discussion about English full back or back 3 options so other people don't feel like this thread is becoming too boring and neurotic.

rugby racing and beer

Posts : 376
Join date : 2020-05-28

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 10:11 pm

rugby racing and beer wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Quite cumbrian. Tactically Bristol have looked a little behind Bordeaux, not really seen them able to cut loose. The defence almost stepping off Bristol and picking their moments.

Not to turn this in to a match thread but this was a honker as well. Bordeaux managed to concede about 6 penalties during Bristol's yellow card and spend most of it in their own 22. They were lucky Bristol were so wasteful with both ball in hand and shots at goal and a TMO decision kept them in the game and put it in to extra time, as did the ref bottling the last ruck of normal time. However, 'tactically', their tactics literally set the groundwork to run Bordeaux off the pitch in extra time where Malins has obviously been to the fore.

Not entirely sure that Lam was setting up tactics for extra time though. Thought they were well short at the time of writing that comment. At that time what did you think Bristol were doing tactically that had the better of Bordeaux?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 10:15 pm

Cumbrian wrote:Awww mate, Malins with MOTM!
Yup. As Kay said based on his contributions in extra time. Well done to him. Still a dangerous runner and fast. Just not sure his skill set is more suited to 15. He does look more dangerous from 10, perhaps when everyone is fit for Bristol we'll see where Lam wants him (I'm taking a huge leap that piutau was injured?).

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by rugby racing and beer on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 10:16 pm

I've explained that - the chances they had but failed to take. They were dominating the game etc.

Anyway this is an England thread not a match thread. Ben Earl threw his hat in the ring for a recall as a 7 although his technique could do with being cleaned up a bit, the Irish ref was typically lax at the breakdown.

rugby racing and beer

Posts : 376
Join date : 2020-05-28

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 10:17 pm

rugby racing and beer wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
rugby racing and beer wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
rugby racing and beer wrote:Oh lighten up 7.5 it's just a bit of a laugh, don't take yourself so seriously! This has been a great game to watch and even if Malins hasn't lived up to your own personal expectations (whatever they may be) I suppose 'facts don't care about your feelings'. No amount of squirming off topic changes that. It's not a big deal, just laugh along with us, it's fine. In fact it's healthy.


So how do you think hes gone at full back vs fly half since his move to bristol?

On the evidence of tonight - very well indeed! Very Happy

And the evidence since his move to Bristol overall? What's he done well, where does he need to improve  if at all? Should he start at full back vs italy?

Good questions. I suppose they belong in a wider discussion about English full back or back 3 options so other people don't feel like this thread is becoming too boring and neurotic.

Not surprised you can't answer. Bit like your comments on midfield, made from a position of ignorance.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by GeordieFalcon on Fri 25 Sep 2020, 10:26 pm

Surely Jones is looking at Harry Thacker despite his size.

The Kiwis would be pooping their pants over a hooker like him...

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 22320
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by RiscaGame on Sat 26 Sep 2020, 4:38 am

rugby racing and beer wrote:You need to explain what you mean by threshold because it doesn't seem to make much sense that you're asking about it given what's already been stated.

Never seen a cat ignore even a comma?

RiscaGame

Posts : 3553
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by rugby racing and beer on Sat 26 Sep 2020, 10:13 am

RiscaGame wrote:
rugby racing and beer wrote:You need to explain what you mean by threshold because it doesn't seem to make much sense that you're asking about it given what's already been stated.

Never seen a cat ignore even a comma?

Confucius say: man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day.

rugby racing and beer

Posts : 376
Join date : 2020-05-28

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by Old Man on Sat 26 Sep 2020, 10:23 am

rugby racing and beer wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:
rugby racing and beer wrote:You need to explain what you mean by threshold because it doesn't seem to make much sense that you're asking about it given what's already been stated.

Never seen a cat ignore even a comma?

Confucius say: man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day.

Confusius say “man walking through swinging doors naked is going to bangkok

Old Man

Posts : 967
Join date : 2019-08-27

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sat 26 Sep 2020, 2:55 pm

Elliott Daly bottling another big game.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by rugby racing and beer on Sat 26 Sep 2020, 4:45 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Elliott Daly bottling another big game.

I wonder who could play 15 for England then? Any thoughts?

rugby racing and beer

Posts : 376
Join date : 2020-05-28

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sat 26 Sep 2020, 4:48 pm

Watson for me.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sat 26 Sep 2020, 4:56 pm

Geordie will be pleased with Hills game in the exter match; and in front of Jones.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by Soul Requiem on Sat 26 Sep 2020, 5:20 pm

Sam Simmonds again showing Eddie Jones that he should the go to man as soon as Billy is predictably injured, might mean a slight reshuffle in the back row with a bulkier 6 needed.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 2811
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sat 26 Sep 2020, 5:39 pm

Better option than Curry by a country mile. Theres him Hill Dombrandt Willis and Earl really pushing. Embarrassment of riches.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 20728
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by GeordieFalcon on Sun 27 Sep 2020, 9:35 pm

Jones has to look at both the Simmonds boys.

International rugby is about explosive rugby and whilst he might not have the size Sam is rocket fuel. Imagine him and Earl in a back row.

Joe Simmonds playing well. Is he better than Ford. Better than Marcus Smith.

Well hes the 10 thats guided his team to the European Cup final, so Jones must be looking at him.

Hill played...WAY better than Ewells.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 22320
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by Cumbrian on Mon 28 Sep 2020, 8:12 am

Agreed on Hill, was a little skeptical at first but he is playing too well to be ignored, especially with Kruis out of the picture.

Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Posts : 4365
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 37
Location : Bath

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 28 Sep 2020, 9:32 am

Is Eddie looking at Calum Sheedy too? Very Happy

mikey_dragon

Posts : 11184
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

England: 8 Nations - Page 5 Empty Re: England: 8 Nations

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum