The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+3
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
Pal Joey
7 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 14 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 Aug 2020, 10:41 am

First topic message reminder :

<lol>

or for Rick... Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 14 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 16 Oct 2020, 1:25 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:

It's a shame Jules is dead, I was hoping he would like my word play. My timing sucks. It seems that everyone is dead other than you and me, Galts. Sad times.

If this was a movie we'd be finding the bodies one after the other: Super first, then Rick, then Julius.  Jeff above them all.  Maybe a skeleton in lycra to remind us of kingraf.  We'd suspect each other more and more as each corpse was uncovered but it would turn out that serialDAVE had snuck back onto the thread and was hiding somewhere with his favourite hammer.

Dave hasn't got to Jules, which is a relief. I can't say the same for Super or riCK. I imagine Super, being Scottish, would at least put up a fight before being overcome by the sheer ferocity of Dave and getting shived in the neck by a sharpened tooth brush.

Jules wrote: Hey Tino! Hope you don't mind me PM'ing you. Great word play - so good I almost jizzed. Glad I'm not the only person in complete command of the English language on here. Sorry I can't be with you today, I am being fitted up for some new tighty whitey tennis shorts. Extra long to contain my old chap. Anyway, have a great day and thanks for the hornet pictures. I will reciprocate with the Galtova ones later". Love ya!

Very hurtful that Julius doesn't DM me so poignantly. Or send me photos of Galtova.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 14 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 16 Oct 2020, 1:28 pm

Galted wrote:

Very hurtful that Julius doesn't DM me so poignantly. Or send me photos of Galtova.

I bet he hasn't told you about the other forum where we all meet up has he? Dave is there, Jeff, Shah, Seany. It's a riot.

Jules said he was going to tell you about it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 16 Oct 2020, 1:48 pm

Galted wrote:

I bet he hasn't told you about the other forum where we all meet up has he? Dave is there, Jeff, Shah, Seany. It's a riot.

I don't think those were my exact words

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 16 Oct 2020, 1:54 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

I don't think those were my exact words

Yeah but "don't tell that silly c*nt Galted about our other forum" is pretty harsh, Jules.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 16 Oct 2020, 2:23 pm

Forgot to add Shah and Sean to the list of corpses.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 16 Oct 2020, 2:59 pm

Galted wrote:Forgot to add Shah and Sean to the list of corpses.
They say Hi

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 16 Oct 2020, 3:25 pm

Shah would be a backpack bombing and Sean a ride-on lawnmower self mowing so nothing untoward there. It's only the discovery of Super with an Innocent Smoothie carton in his hand which would arouse any suspicion.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 19 Oct 2020, 8:59 am

Morning folks, rare for me to be on first - or fist - and start the week. An unexpected joy of the weekend was stumbling across a tremendous film on tv that I had not seen before - Dog Day Afternoon. Based on true events concerning a botched bank robbery in early '70s America. Great story and performances to match from Pacino, Cazale and several supporting players.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 19 Oct 2020, 9:07 am

Sicond <elbow>

Have seen Dog Day Afternoon (also stumbled upon it) and agree very much with guildford's review. Any movie from Jon Cazale's all-to-brief career is worth a watch.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 19 Oct 2020, 9:08 am

Tird.
It's said to be a classic although I've never watched it. Serpico is another brilliant Pacino film from that era.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 19 Oct 2020, 9:18 am

Hi Guildford, Galted and Julius.

Yes that's a classic film. There's something about those 70s American films with the gritty criminal characters and that chilling tension when things go wrong that I thoroughly enjoy watching. Also like the Brooklyn setting and the generally raw and gloomy tone of that era... much like some scenes in The French Connection.

Serpico. That's another one I saw recently also based on a true story. Great acting in both films. The housewives always seemed to get a raw deal it should be noted. Tough times in the hood back then.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 19 Oct 2020, 9:39 am

Serpico is a great film. I'll give a prize to anyone that can tell me which hugely popular mind 90's film has a reference to Serpico in it.

PJ - did you see any of the rugby this weekend? I know NZ put 20 points on you but there is a Aussie team emerging there. Still think you need some outright power and aggression in the forwards but there are some real signs that you're turning into a rugby team again for the first time in years.

Although the player of the game was Caleb Clarke, the young AB. Good grief, what a player he looks to be.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 19 Oct 2020, 10:18 am

Yes Tino. It was fairly disappointing but not unexpected. Makes it worse when your Mum is a Kiwi and she keeps saying the ABs "look vulnerable".
Caleb Clarke was unstoppable. Our blokes falling off him like flies. Too much dropped ball and the inevitable scoreline 27-7 occurred.

I went out to the NRL match on Saturday. Saw half of the women's match (Broncos-Roosters)... no quarter given with those girls. Tough wimmin! Wink
The main game was something else. I was surrounded by Souths supporters but hoping for a Panthers win. So much emotion and carrying on by some. Had to laugh. I did my best to appear neutral. Glad Penrith won but I think the Storm will have too much for them next weekend.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 19 Oct 2020, 10:34 am

Morning, all.

Loma was confusing, Lopez was class.

Nice review GB

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 19 Oct 2020, 11:00 am

Morning.

I'm not dead and no self-respecting Scot would allow themselves to be killed by a homicidal maniac from Bradford with a sharpened toothbrush and a frankly appalling taste in music.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 19 Oct 2020, 11:18 am

You watch the boxing, supes?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 19 Oct 2020, 11:29 am

Are you self-respecting, supes?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 19 Oct 2020, 11:30 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:You watch the boxing, supes?

I didn't see it. Was away all last week and completely forgot that it was on. Fairly big shock.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 19 Oct 2020, 11:31 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Are you self-respecting, supes?

No, but I'm full of big talk as DAVE is dead and he's not quite as scary.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Oct 2020, 9:27 am

Looks like this fist might be both an unmichaelsing and a michaelsing, for that is the way of the morning tea society.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 20 Oct 2020, 9:32 am

Sicond for tea.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Oct 2020, 9:36 am

My post was relevant for all of 5 minutes.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Oct 2020, 9:50 am

Tino wrote:Serpico is a great film. I'll give a prize to anyone that can tell me which hugely popular mind 90's film has a reference to Serpico in it.

Nobody want a prize? F*ck off then you bunch of c*nts.

Morning all.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 20 Oct 2020, 9:57 am

I do want a prize but I wasn't sure what a "mind 90's film" was.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:00 am

This is the way.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:01 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I do want a prize but I wasn't sure what a "mind 90's film" was.

Oh for the sake of f*ck.

It was better when I was dead.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:12 am

I don't know, Tino.

I don't know which f*cking film it was.

There.

Are you happy?

Are you happy that I don't know?

Are you happy that everybody else knows that I don't know?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:15 am

Galted wrote:I don't know, Tino.

I don't know which f*cking film it was.

There.

Are you happy?

Are you happy that I don't know?

Are you happy that everybody else knows that I don't know?

Blimey. Where did that come from?

Someone give Galted a hug. He seems on edge.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:16 am

I don't know either Galted. Probably some pretentious art house w*nk-fest, knowing Tino.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:22 am

I may or may not know the answer - I'm the Schrodinger's cat of this thread. Tina isn't because he definitely knows the answer and he is definitely dead.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:23 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I don't know either Galted. Probably some pretentious art house w*nk-fest, knowing Tino.

Definitely not art house and probably not pretentious. I wouldn't say it was worth w*nking over either. I wouldn't have w*nked over it in the mi(n)d 90's for sure as I had other options back then. Could probably get a quick one in over it now though even though there is no nudity.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:26 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I don't know either Galted. Probably some pretentious art house w*nk-fest, knowing Tino.

Definitely not art house and probably not pretentious. I wouldn't say it was worth w*nking over either. I wouldn't have w*nked over it in the mi(n)d 90's for sure as I had other options back then. Could probably get a quick one in over it now though even though there is no nudity.

That rules out Driving Miss Daisy.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:37 am

Galted wrote:

l*l out loud. Glad you're back, Glated. Thought we had lost you for a moment earlier.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:38 am

Galted wrote:

l*l out loud. Glad you're back, Glated. Thought we had lost you for a moment earlier.

Cheers, Tino. It's great to be back.

Any more clues? My working half-day has been put on hold for this.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:40 am

Independence Day

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:44 am

I keep thinking back to Se7en, but the w*nking reference has thrown me a bit, imagining the contents of the box have always been excellent w*nking material.

Last edited by Galted on Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:44 am

Tino wrote:Serpico is a great film. I'll give a prize to anyone that can tell me which hugely popular mind 90's film has a reference to Serpico in it.

Morning all.

Morning Tino, I was so full of respect for you / sad enough [delete as appropriate] that I sought the answer on imdb last night. However, having resorted to such underhand methods, I didn't think it was the done thing to then try and claim a prize. I still don't but as no one else has come up with anything, I believe it's The Usual Suspects with the line, ''You gone straight? Say it ain't so!''.

Hope that works and calms things down. Maybe I should try Manchester next.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:47 am

Galted wrote:

Any more clues?  My working half-day has been put on hold for this.

It is a cop based film. Has a nonce in it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:48 am

Galted wrote:I keep thinking back to Se7en, but the last bit of the w*nking reference has thrown me a bit, imagining the contents of the box have always been excellent w*nking material.

There it is.

On Pitt's second day on the beat - he wakes up and tells his wife that "Serpico's got to go".

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:50 am

guildfordbat wrote:

Morning all.

Morning Tino, I was so full of respect for you / sad enough [delete as appropriate] that I sought the answer on imdb last night. However, having resorted to such underhand methods, I didn't think it was the done thing to then try and claim a prize. I still don't but as no one else has come up with anything, I believe it's The Usual Suspects with the line, ''You gone straight? Say it ain't so!''.

Hope that works and calms things down. Maybe I should try Manchester next.

Your answer is way more intelligent and well thought out than mine, GB.

I am more your Roy Walker say what you see kind of guy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:50 am

Galted wrote:I keep thinking back to Se7en, but the last bit of the w*nking reference has thrown me a bit, imagining the contents of the box have always been excellent w*nking material.

There it is.

On Pitt's second day on the beat - he wakes up and tells his wife that "Serpico's got to go".

Shocked

Don't recall the line but I will happily take any credit due.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:51 am

I think you may want to amend your answer so that it fits in with guildford's. We don't want to incur his wrath.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:52 am

Galted wrote:

There it is.

Shocked

Prize coming your way, G-Unit.

It's a box. Don't open the box.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:57 am

Galted wrote:

There it is.

Shocked

Noooo, what's in the box?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 20 Oct 2020, 11:11 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

There it is.

Shocked

Noooo, what's in the box?

Joe Biden's used face mask.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 20 Oct 2020, 11:13 am

Galted wrote:I think you may want to amend your answer so that it fits in with guildford's.  We don't want to incur his wrath.

No problem. Tino's reference to Roy Walker was more than an adequate prize.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 20 Oct 2020, 11:15 am

'Roy Walker' is Tino's catchphrase.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Oct 2020, 12:11 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:'Roy Walker' is Tino's catchphrase.

Say what you see, Jules.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 20 Oct 2020, 1:20 pm

I've seen old men crying at their own gravesides
And I've seen pigs all sitting watching picture slides
But I've never seen nothing like you, Tino

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Oct 2020, 6:53 pm

I once saw a man with an artificial leg and a boy with a harelip on the very same day.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next