The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+13
Davie
pedro
BlueCoverman
Pal Joey
super_realist
westisbest
incontinentia
beninho
JuliusHMarx
navyblueshorts
McLaren
superflyweight
Soul Requiem
17 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 26 Aug 2020, 11:27 am

First topic message reminder :

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:The far left is often dependent on where an individual themselves is on the political spectrum, for example Owen Jones may be seen as far left to someone who is centre right but to a centrist will be seen as merely left wing, personally have him down as part of the hard left.

I have him as left wing. Though is hard left not the same as far left because I dont have him as far left. I get tge views based on your own spectrum though. Which is why I hare labour supporters calling Starmer and others right wing.  Left of centre is not right wing.

I would say that hard left is within the standard left wing myself, thinking of someone like Tony Benn being hard left as opposed to Ed Milliband who was soft left, will say however that is possibly closer to far left than it is the centre.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down


Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Mon 31 Aug 2020, 1:56 pm

I don't generally call people the c word. You were talking about peopke being offended. I assunme you dont use the p word or n word, as you dont want to offend them?


beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 31 Aug 2020, 1:59 pm

Of course not because that would be discrimination against them on the basis of their skin.
Calling someone a "cu*t" is not discrimination is it. I reserve it for people who are behaving in an intolerable way, for example that fat slob who threw her litter out of her car the other week.

super_realist

Posts : 27798
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Mon 31 Aug 2020, 2:10 pm

To be fair, I threatened a guy with a bucket of sick the other week, after he screeched past me at a turn. I called him everything under the sun after he got out his car and shouted i was driving too slow. I ha my a chikd with a bucket of sick on his lap. He was a c£nt. I've never come close to getting out the car at a road rage incident but that was close. But I had 2 kids in the back, so thought better of it. As soon as the wife got in,, my youngest said mummy daddy shouted at a nan.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 31 Aug 2020, 2:13 pm

Some people deserve it don't they, and I don't really care if being called a "c*nt" offends them.

super_realist

Posts : 27798
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Sep 2020, 7:26 am

Not often I agree with Race Baiter in Chief David Lammy but he rightly condemned those idiots saying Adele should not be allowed a particular hair style.

super_realist

Posts : 27798
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Tue 01 Sep 2020, 6:16 pm

Great to see.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-53987662

So thankful to these people for fighting for all of our futures.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16926
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Sep 2020, 7:02 pm

McLaren wrote:Great to see.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-53987662

So thankful to these people for fighting for all of our futures.

Nice bit of stirring Mac.
Extinction Rebellion are lying, hypocritical scum.

super_realist

Posts : 27798
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Wed 02 Sep 2020, 5:40 pm

Finally bit the bullet today and signed over my Cyprus villa back to the Bank. Been in a legal dispute for over 7 years. Much as I hate to admit it the banks outsmarted us and ground us down. Having said that, even in defeat, being eased free from what had become a real financial millstone is quite liberating.

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Sep 2020, 5:53 pm

JAS wrote:Finally bit the bullet today and signed over my Cyprus villa back to the Bank. Been in a legal dispute for over 7 years. Much as I hate to admit it the banks outsmarted us and ground us down. Having said that, even in defeat, being eased free from what had become a real financial millstone is quite liberating.

Property is theft

super_realist

Posts : 27798
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Wed 02 Sep 2020, 6:27 pm

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:Finally bit the bullet today and signed over my Cyprus villa back to the Bank. Been in a legal dispute for over 7 years. Much as I hate to admit it the banks outsmarted us and ground us down. Having said that, even in defeat, being eased free from what had become a real financial millstone is quite liberating.

Property is theft

Lesson learned, buying foreign property is an invitation to get wiped out. If you ever wondered where my basic ire against the banks got multiplied, this was it. Have to say though it wasn’t the banks on their own, there were clearly one legged funny handshakes going on between the banks, the developers, the legal profession and of course, the pimps (estate agents).

Sorry saga but I’m glad to be out, the alleged debt had become eye popping (converted to over 3/4 million sterling)

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Sep 2020, 6:30 pm

Ooof. Sorry to hear you were in that position. That must have been bleak.

super_realist

Posts : 27798
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Wed 02 Sep 2020, 6:49 pm

super_realist wrote:Ooof. Sorry to hear you were in that position. That must have been bleak.

Aye, well out of the 600 or so in our group that we’re involved in the legal action against the banks I know of at least one suicide. I just took the view that I need to get on with life without that enormous financial elephant in the room. 7 years and counting. We had them over a barrel at one point and on the eve of a high court jurisdiction hearing they pretended to fold and said they would Generously settle out of court. They then spent 3 years backsliding on the spirit of that agreement. I just can’t be arsed with it any longer, the villa is worth less than half what I bought it for and because the promised infrastructure wasn’t built in the vicinity, the rental income was nothing like the projected (and obviously this year and for the foreseeable future rental income is going to be zero). I was offered a restructure but based on a completely unrealistic valuation so the only option was to walk.

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by BlueCoverman Wed 02 Sep 2020, 10:28 pm

Sorry to read that JAS. We've got friends who have retired out there and they have a townhouse in Paphos and a beach house in Latchi. Up until this 'covid' year we go out a couple of times a year and stay in the beach house. Love the golf courses on that side of the island, Aphrodite Hills, Secret Valley, Elea, Minthis Hills...we played in the Cyprus amateur senior open last year, 3 rounds at Aphrodite including the practice round and it was great fun. Now that we have more time away from work, we are looking forward to buying a second home in the sun. Cyprus is our favoured destination, but when I read stories like yours (and I have heard similar in Cyprus) it does make me wonder if that is wise.

BlueCoverman

Posts : 1145
Join date : 2011-04-19
Location : Essex

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Thu 03 Sep 2020, 10:22 am

BlueCoverman wrote:Sorry to read that JAS. We've got friends who have retired out there and they have a townhouse in Paphos and a beach house in Latchi. Up until this 'covid' year we go out a couple of times a year and stay in the beach house. Love the golf courses on that side of the island, Aphrodite Hills, Secret Valley, Elea, Minthis Hills...we played in the Cyprus amateur senior open last year, 3 rounds at Aphrodite including the practice round and it was great fun. Now that we have more time away from work, we are looking forward to buying a second home in the sun. Cyprus is our favoured destination, but when I read stories like yours (and I have heard similar in Cyprus) it does make me wonder if that is wise.

Honestly BCM, and I say this with hindsight but emphatically....DONT. But if you do do NOT trust anything you are told, verify with intensive research. Have you enjoyed the fantastic Marina, the retail outlets and restaurants down the front at Secret Valley? People buying on Secret Valley have been sold that lie for over 15 years, still nothing. Between the banks (Alpha, BoC & Hellenic) they’ve been happy to lend without any due diligence (they would have known there was no actual infrastructure going to be built). The Head of Aristo (the developer) somehow managed to avoid jail a few years ago after a corruption scandal. To be honest I’ve been relatively lucky. One of the stunts Alpha bank pulled was to lend money to another developer to purchase land, the developer then built the houses, sold them off plan to buyers who also took out mortgages with the SAME bank, the developer then went bust and the bank went “Those are ours now thank you but you still have to pay your mortgage”. Honestly the place is littered with that kind of Poopie. When the country went cap in hand to the IMF 6-7 years ago  the option was taken by the government to give everybody’s savings a 90% haircut (so 10000 euros In your account became 1000 euros overnight). Purely coincidentally of course, a couple of days beforehand the family members of the senior officials of the main banks rather oddly all opened saving accounts in Germany!!
Honestly the place reeks to high heaven with nepotism & corruption.


My villa was on Secret Valley (well above it on the opposite side from Aphrodite Hills. I know the courses well and all 3 are great courses in different ways. I prefer Elea of the 3 but that’s just me.


Last edited by JAS on Thu 03 Sep 2020, 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

BlueCoverman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 03 Sep 2020, 10:30 am

I would never buy a property anywhere which was a tourist hot-spot, especially a Mediterranean location. I've heard too many bad stories and I'd rather be somewhere where integration would be easier.
Not that I can afford to anyway.

super_realist

Posts : 27798
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Thu 03 Sep 2020, 11:39 am

super_realist wrote:I would never buy a property anywhere which was a tourist hot-spot, especially a Mediterranean location. I've heard too many bad stories and I'd rather be somewhere where integration would be easier.
Not that I can afford to anyway.

...of course another lie I was sold was...oh Cyprus is very safe, with all the military bases it’s just like a little piece of Britain in the Med. We drive on the same side of the road, we even have U.K. plug sockets and of course being so British the legal system is almost exactly the same. The latter part of that statement is utter hogwash. It doesn’t take much googling to reveal some pretty dodgy legal dealings particularly related to property.

So yes in 2007 I’d have disagreed with you but having learned the hard way, not now.

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 03 Sep 2020, 11:50 am

It's the stress that it must have caused Jas.

super_realist

Posts : 27798
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by BlueCoverman Thu 03 Sep 2020, 12:17 pm

Thanks for the information JAS, plenty of food for thought. Much as I love it out there, I certainly will not be rushing to make any financial commitment. Sorry that you've had that experience, but glad to hear you are pleased to get it behind you.

BlueCoverman

Posts : 1145
Join date : 2011-04-19
Location : Essex

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Thu 03 Sep 2020, 12:54 pm

super_realist wrote:It's the stress that it must have caused Jas.

Indeed, and coming to recognise that was a big factor in me switching to walk away rather than pursuing the dispute to the bitter end. Sometimes just being right isnt good enough on its own when there are powerful forces lined up to pay people to have the odds stacked in their favour.

JAS

Posts : 4633
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Swindon

BlueCoverman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Sun 06 Sep 2020, 11:15 pm

That lineswoman is at it. No one could be that injured by a tennis ball travelling so slowly. Super thinks golfers are ridiculous for getting injured, what about this muppet?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16926
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Sep 2020, 7:35 am

McLaren wrote:That lineswoman is at it. No one could be that injured by a tennis ball travelling so slowly. Super thinks golfers are ridiculous for getting injured, what about this muppet?

She went down in stages. The ball barely hit her and she was acting like she just got taken out by Vasily Zaitsev.
Total faker. I can accept the DQ that Henman and Shapopolov got a few years back, but this wouldn't have hurt in the slightest.
Total over reaction from the line judge.

super_realist

Posts : 27798
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 07 Sep 2020, 9:19 am

If you've ever been hit in the throat by a tennis ball, even one not travelling at full speed (which I have), it's like being punched in the throat and you feel like you can't breathe. So to me, it didn't look like like an overreaction - she sat down on the ground, as there was no chair, and tried to get her breath back. The DQ was totally the right decision.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21132
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Sep 2020, 9:53 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:If you've ever been hit in the throat by a tennis ball, even one not travelling at full speed (which I have), it's like being punched in the throat and you feel like you can't breathe. So to me, it didn't look like like an overreaction - she sat down on the ground, as there was no chair, and tried to get her breath back. The DQ was totally the right decision.

I agree, the tournament have no choice but to DQ him, but it wasn't a serious injury at all. It was moving so slowly that the line judge could easily have averted it if she'd being paying attention.

super_realist

Posts : 27798
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 07 Sep 2020, 9:58 am

super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:If you've ever been hit in the throat by a tennis ball, even one not travelling at full speed (which I have), it's like being punched in the throat and you feel like you can't breathe. So to me, it didn't look like like an overreaction - she sat down on the ground, as there was no chair, and tried to get her breath back. The DQ was totally the right decision.

I agree, the tournament have no choice but to DQ him, but it wasn't a serious injury at all. It was moving so slowly that the line judge could easily have averted it if she'd being paying attention.

Why would she have been paying attention at that point?

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 07 Sep 2020, 10:02 am

It wasn't a serious injury, but I don't think the line judge made it out to be. I think having Djokovic, the umpire (and a third person I think) all crowd around her made it look worse than it was. For all we know she was saying, don't worry I'll be fine.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21132
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Sep 2020, 10:28 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:It wasn't a serious injury, but I don't think the line judge made it out to be. I think having Djokovic, the umpire (and a third person I think) all crowd around her made it look worse than it was. For all we know she was saying, don't worry I'll be fine.

Could be, but there were a few over the top moans from her as she went down in about 5 stages.

(that sounded a bit of a Carry On double entendre)

super_realist

Posts : 27798
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Mon 07 Sep 2020, 11:05 am

Stupid by Djokovic. The ball was traveling faster than I first thought. From the overview camera it looks faster than from the courtside camera. If it hit directly in the throat I don't necessarily think the lineswoman overreacted. But being in America I'm sure there will be some lawsuit on the way.

It's been some summer for Djokovic. First the corona party and now this.

pedro

Posts : 7240
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Mon 07 Sep 2020, 2:24 pm

super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:It wasn't a serious injury, but I don't think the line judge made it out to be. I think having Djokovic, the umpire (and a third person I think) all crowd around her made it look worse than it was. For all we know she was saying, don't worry I'll be fine.

Could be, but there were a few over the top moans from her as she went down in about 5 stages.

(that sounded a bit of a Carry On double entendre)

Almost more Neymar like than that guy that went down when Nalbandian kicked the advertising hoarding. What is it with Tennis officiators?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16926
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Sep 2020, 2:32 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:It wasn't a serious injury, but I don't think the line judge made it out to be. I think having Djokovic, the umpire (and a third person I think) all crowd around her made it look worse than it was. For all we know she was saying, don't worry I'll be fine.

Could be, but there were a few over the top moans from her as she went down in about 5 stages.

(that sounded a bit of a Carry On double entendre)

Almost more Neymar like than that guy that went down when Nalbandian kicked the advertising hoarding. What is it with Tennis officiators?

That was a funny one.

super_realist

Posts : 27798
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 08 Sep 2020, 2:16 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:That lineswoman is at it. No one could be that injured by a tennis ball travelling so slowly. Super thinks golfers are ridiculous for getting injured, what about this muppet?

She went down in stages. The ball barely hit her and she was acting like she just got taken out by Vasily Zaitsev.
Total faker. I can accept the DQ that Henman and Shapopolov got a few years back, but this wouldn't have hurt in the slightest.
Total over reaction from the line judge.
picard You have no idea what you're talking about. It makes zero difference in any case - Djokovic rightly DQ'd. Arrogant prat.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 08 Sep 2020, 2:24 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:It wasn't a serious injury, but I don't think the line judge made it out to be. I think having Djokovic, the umpire (and a third person I think) all crowd around her made it look worse than it was. For all we know she was saying, don't worry I'll be fine.

Could be, but there were a few over the top moans from her as she went down in about 5 stages.

(that sounded a bit of a Carry On double entendre)

Almost more Neymar like than that guy that went down when Nalbandian kicked the advertising hoarding. What is it with Tennis officiators?
You have no idea either. She wasn't looking (why should she have been?), wasn't expecting it, the throat is vulnerable and, despite what your LIDAR eyesight told you, that ball was travelling more than fast enough. No, it wasn't his flat-out 1st serve, but to suggest that someone who has to stand inline w/ exactly that and may get hit is some sort of wuss is plainly barking.
Some of the reaction may have been shock, but who cares? Djokovic was a gonner as soon as he did what he did and it hit her.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 08 Sep 2020, 2:32 pm

Lidar wouldn't give you an idea of that anyway, that only tells you high tall an object is.

super_realist

Posts : 27798
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Tue 08 Sep 2020, 2:40 pm

Would’ve loved to have seen the umpire tell the line judge: “get up you wuss”.

pedro

Posts : 7240
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by BlueCoverman Tue 08 Sep 2020, 3:11 pm

I heard Alan Parry on the radio yesterday screaming blue murder that it was a ridiculous decision to disqualify Djokovic as it wasn't intentional. Not sure that I agree, it was certainly petulant and definitely unnecessary.

BlueCoverman

Posts : 1145
Join date : 2011-04-19
Location : Essex

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 08 Sep 2020, 3:15 pm

A DQ is mandatory in circumstances like that. Intention is irrelevant. I just thought it was a really soft shot not the sniper bullet she made it out to be.

super_realist

Posts : 27798
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 08 Sep 2020, 3:59 pm

super_realist wrote:Lidar wouldn't give you an idea of that anyway, that only tells you high tall an object is.
🤷 So I picked the wrong the wrong laser-based detection. You get my drift.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Tue 08 Sep 2020, 4:01 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:Lidar wouldn't give you an idea of that anyway, that only tells you high tall an object is.
:shrug: So I picked the wrong the wrong laser-based detection. You get my drift.

I don't. Is there a laser measurement technique that justifies going down like you have been shot in throat?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16926
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 08 Sep 2020, 4:08 pm

McLaren wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:Lidar wouldn't give you an idea of that anyway, that only tells you high tall an object is.
🤷 So I picked the wrong the wrong laser-based detection. You get my drift.

I don't. Is there a laser measurement technique that justifies going down like you have been shot in throat?
No; you wouldn't.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 08 Sep 2020, 4:08 pm

BlueCoverman wrote:I heard Alan Parry on the radio yesterday screaming blue murder that it was a ridiculous decision to disqualify Djokovic as it wasn't intentional. Not sure that I agree, it was certainly petulant and definitely unnecessary.
What a moron.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 08 Sep 2020, 6:15 pm

McLaren wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:Lidar wouldn't give you an idea of that anyway, that only tells you high tall an object is.
🤷 So I picked the wrong the wrong laser-based detection. You get my drift.

I don't. Is there a laser measurement technique that justifies going down like you have been shot in throat?

If a tennis ball hits your windpipe at 60 MPH (which is probably what it was) it hurts and you struggle to breath - I know because it happened to me. It's a lot more frightening than, say, getting a ball smashed into your mouth AT 90 MPH - which has also happened to me. You're going to struggle for breath for several seconds and want to sit down to try to breathe properly again. Which is more or less what she did.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21132
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Tue 08 Sep 2020, 11:33 pm

Only recently the pm and the cabinet were saying get back to normal and go to work. Now we are being restricted about numbers meeting up, and Bolton has to shut pubs and resteraunts for eat in food.

Track and trace, serms to be an almighty mess. Lady I work with lives in Ealing was told her nearest place was Cardiff. We've all seen the other stories.

And the govt has said it will break international treaty laws.

All going well isnt it.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

JAS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by BlueCoverman Wed 09 Sep 2020, 12:28 am

How do people feel about travelling abroad at the moment? We were supposed to be flying to Cyprus next week but the UK is still category B, so I've changed the Jet2 flights to next year. They charged an extra £400 for the same flights in 2021, I thought that was perhaps a touch excessive. Also meant to be going to Belek, Turkey for golf in October, not feeling entirely comfortable about that as well.

BlueCoverman

Posts : 1145
Join date : 2011-04-19
Location : Essex

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed 09 Sep 2020, 7:34 am

Depends where you go. I'd have no issue going to somewhere like Norway or Sweden but I wouldn't want to go to some bucket and spade Brits abroad hell hole, but that would be the same regardless of Covid.


super_realist

Posts : 27798
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 09 Sep 2020, 9:02 am

beninho wrote:Only recently the pm and the cabinet were saying get back to normal and go to work. Now we are being restricted about numbers meeting up, and Bolton has to shut pubs and resteraunts for eat in food.

Track and trace, serms to be an almighty mess. Lady I work with lives in Ealing was told her nearest place was Cardiff. We've all seen the other stories.

And the govt has said it will break international treaty laws.

All going well isnt it.

Who would ever have thought that things change quickly during a pandemic Doh

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed 09 Sep 2020, 9:08 am

beninho wrote:Only recently the pm and the cabinet were saying get back to normal and go to work. Now we are being restricted about numbers meeting up, and Bolton has to shut pubs and resteraunts for eat in food.

Track and trace, serms to be an almighty mess. Lady I work with lives in Ealing was told her nearest place was Cardiff. We've all seen the other stories.

And the govt has said it will break international treaty laws.

All going well isnt it.

What do you mean her nearest Track and Trace was in Cardiff? Who cares where it is? All they is ring round the people you've been in contact with, they don't undergo a forensic investigation so they could be based on the moon for all I care. When you get a positive test you simply have to give the names and numbers of people you've been in contact with. It doesn't need a local team to do that.

super_realist

Posts : 27798
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Pal Joey Wed 09 Sep 2020, 9:11 am

BlueCoverman wrote:How do people feel about travelling abroad at the moment? We were supposed to be flying to Cyprus next week but the UK is still category B, so I've changed the Jet2 flights to next year. They charged an extra £400 for the same flights in 2021, I thought that was perhaps a touch excessive. Also meant to be going to Belek, Turkey for golf in October, not feeling entirely comfortable about that as well.  

Have you thought about Ladakh and the Tibet Autonomous Region? Quite nice scenery there I hear. Not so many golf courses but plenty of challenging walking trails and the folk are usually pretty friendly and welcoming to visitors.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52228
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed 09 Sep 2020, 9:12 am

Whats changed so quickly?

Your unwavering support of a govt looking to break international law is impressive though.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed 09 Sep 2020, 9:19 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Only recently the pm and the cabinet were saying get back to normal and go to work. Now we are being restricted about numbers meeting up, and Bolton has to shut pubs and resteraunts for eat in food.

Track and trace, serms to be an almighty mess. Lady I work with lives in Ealing was told her nearest place was Cardiff. We've all seen the other stories.

And the govt has said it will break international treaty laws.

All going well isnt it.

What do you mean her nearest Track and Trace was in Cardiff? Who cares where it is? All they is ring round the people you've been in contact with, they don't undergo a forensic investigation so they could be based on the moon for all I care.  When you get a positive test you simply have to give the names and numbers of people you've been in contact with. It doesn't need  a local team to do that.

She was told to go to Cardiff for a test. She lives in Ealing which is West London. Various reports about similar. Heard on radio someone being told nearest available centre was Inverness.

Testing is in a bit of a mess.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 09 Sep 2020, 9:41 am

Nearest centre with available capacity you actually mean but don't let facts get in the way.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed 09 Sep 2020, 9:47 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Only recently the pm and the cabinet were saying get back to normal and go to work. Now we are being restricted about numbers meeting up, and Bolton has to shut pubs and resteraunts for eat in food.

Track and trace, serms to be an almighty mess. Lady I work with lives in Ealing was told her nearest place was Cardiff. We've all seen the other stories.

And the govt has said it will break international treaty laws.

All going well isnt it.

What do you mean her nearest Track and Trace was in Cardiff? Who cares where it is? All they is ring round the people you've been in contact with, they don't undergo a forensic investigation so they could be based on the moon for all I care.  When you get a positive test you simply have to give the names and numbers of people you've been in contact with. It doesn't need  a local team to do that.

She was told to go to Cardiff for a test. She lives in Ealing which is West London. Various reports about similar. Heard on radio someone being told nearest available centre was Inverness.

Testing is in a bit of a mess.

Well you inferred Track and Trace was in Cardiff. Total nonsense that your nearest testing is that far away for anyone. Sounds more  like a computer error than anything else.

I've never been a fan of the direction the BBC is moving in, but here's a pretty good article which helps look beyond the current hysteria and puts things in perspective a bit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54064347



Last edited by super_realist on Wed 09 Sep 2020, 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Posts : 27798
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum