The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+13
Davie
pedro
BlueCoverman
Pal Joey
super_realist
westisbest
incontinentia
beninho
JuliusHMarx
navyblueshorts
McLaren
superflyweight
Soul Requiem
17 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 26 Aug 2020, 10:27 am

First topic message reminder :

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:The far left is often dependent on where an individual themselves is on the political spectrum, for example Owen Jones may be seen as far left to someone who is centre right but to a centrist will be seen as merely left wing, personally have him down as part of the hard left.

I have him as left wing. Though is hard left not the same as far left because I dont have him as far left. I get tge views based on your own spectrum though. Which is why I hare labour supporters calling Starmer and others right wing.  Left of centre is not right wing.

I would say that hard left is within the standard left wing myself, thinking of someone like Tony Benn being hard left as opposed to Ed Milliband who was soft left, will say however that is possibly closer to far left than it is the centre.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Oct 2020, 11:40 am

I was referring to the print version.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed 14 Oct 2020, 12:12 pm

super_realist wrote:I was referring to the print version.

OK grandad.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Oct 2020, 12:25 pm

beninho wrote:

OK grandad.

Well that's what circulation of a newspaper means, not how many people dip in to the website.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 14 Oct 2020, 12:48 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:

OK grandad.

Well that's what circulation of a newspaper means, not how many people dip in to the website.

Not even you are thick enough to think that the only people who read the guardian do so buy physically buying the newspaper? Because your point on circulation seemed to indicate it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Oct 2020, 1:17 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:

OK grandad.

Not even you are thick enough to think that the only people who read the guardian do so buy physically buying the newspaper? Because your point on circulation seemed to indicate it.

I referred to the circulation though deliberately meaning I was talking about the printed version.
The question is, why would anyone read any version, it's an atrocious newspaper in the same way the Telegraph or the Mail are bad papers

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 14 Oct 2020, 1:43 pm

Is it time again for a realist moan about newspapers? We had one not long ago im sure. Drink!!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Oct 2020, 1:58 pm

beninho wrote:Is it time again for a realist moan about newspapers? We had one not long ago im sure. Drink!!

Why are you going on about repetition when you are just as bad if not worse ?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 14 Oct 2020, 2:09 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Is it time again for a realist moan about newspapers? We had one not long ago im sure. Drink!!

Because It amuses me. I love your repetition and crazy world views. You are generally one of the funniest people I've read. I love it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Oct 2020, 2:10 pm

They aren't crazy just because they differ from yours.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 14 Oct 2020, 2:13 pm

super_realist wrote:They aren't crazy just because they differ from yours.

We all have different opinions on what is and isn't crazy im sure.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 14 Oct 2020, 2:15 pm

beninho wrote:

I see you as some Father Jack character, shouting Hypocrite! Lefty!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 14 Oct 2020, 2:15 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Because It amuses me. I love your repetition and crazy world views. You are generally one of the funniest people I've read. I love it.  

It's true, the Super_realist account is hilarious. Way better than that spoof twitter account with the posh blond woman (Titania McGrath, https://twitter.com/TitaniaMcGrath )

Last edited by McLaren on Wed 14 Oct 2020, 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 14 Oct 2020, 2:21 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Oh look it's Ben repetitiously moaning about repetition. Is it at this point I try to be humorous and say drink?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 14 Oct 2020, 2:22 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Oh look it's Ben repetitiously moaning about repetition. Is it at this point I try to be humorous and say drink?

Whatever floats your boat sunny Jim.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Oct 2020, 4:29 pm

beninho wrote:
beninho wrote:

I see you as a wet Owen Jones lookalike shouting "fascist", "racist" and "no platform" everything they don't like so it's horses for courses isn't it?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 14 Oct 2020, 5:04 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
beninho wrote:

I see you as a wet Owen Jones lookalike shouting "fascist", "racist" and "no platform" everything they don't like so it's horses for courses isn't it?

Well I've not done a good job in portraying myself have I! I'm much better looking then owen.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 14 Oct 2020, 5:07 pm

Children. Look, if it's going to remain as bad as this, I really don't see the point of this thread. Perhaps it needs closing down?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 14 Oct 2020, 5:10 pm

I know I have said it before but I can't shake the image of Super looking like Douglas Murray, with the voice of Fraser Nelson.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 14 Oct 2020, 5:11 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:Children. Look, if it's going to remain as bad as this, I really don't see the point of this thread. Perhaps it needs closing down?

This is my safe space.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 14 Oct 2020, 6:03 pm

McLaren wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:Children. Look, if it's going to remain as bad as this, I really don't see the point of this thread. Perhaps it needs closing down?

This is my safe space.
You have my pity... OK
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 14 Oct 2020, 7:37 pm

Perhaps you need to look at the title of the thread. Anything goes (within reason of course). Feeling a little power mad tonight perhaps? Not seen any really bad infringement recently.

BTW the original DFS and I have a mutual friend and I may actually get to meet him before Xmas (Boris allowing) - he's still fit and well

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 15 Oct 2020, 11:27 am

Davie wrote:

Perhaps you need to look at the title of the thread. Anything goes (within reason of course). Feeling a little power mad tonight perhaps? Not seen any really bad infringement recently.

BTW the original DFS and I have a mutual friend and I may actually get to meet him before Xmas (Boris allowing) - he's still fit and well

I know him well Davie although when I saw him at Saunton in July it was the first time I’d seen him in over 3 years.

Meanwhile I’m sure we’re all delighted to learn over the past few days that those lovable Deloitte execs are being well rewarded for the “world class” track and trace system they’ve been helping to roll out. Is the general opinion that they are well worth earning in a week what the average nurse earns in a year?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 15 Oct 2020, 11:48 am

Davie wrote:

I don't care what the title is. Moving on...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 15 Oct 2020, 12:20 pm

Another holiday ruined. Blooming coronovirus.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 15 Oct 2020, 12:29 pm

JAS wrote:
Davie wrote:

I know him well Davie although when I saw him at Saunton in July it was the first time I’d seen him in over 3 years.

Meanwhile I’m sure we’re all delighted to learn over the past few days that those lovable Deloitte execs are being well rewarded for the “world class” track and trace system they’ve been helping to roll out. Is the general opinion that they are well worth earning in a week what the average nurse earns in a year?

Looks like the children are in the naughty corner, away from their laptops. I was expecting a firm retort by those that extol the virtues of capitalism, excusing the parasites of Deloitte and their ilk raping the public purse while delivering no benefit whatsoever (other than interest on their Cayman island bank accounts) Aye Capitalism at its best in a pandemic. Of course it’ll all even itself out because the public purse will be rewarded when Deloitte declare their profits and pay their due corporation tax on those profits...oh wait....

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Oct 2020, 1:35 pm

beninho wrote:Another holiday ruined. Blooming coronovirus.

You can't have been optimistic though

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 15 Oct 2020, 1:48 pm

super_realist wrote:

Its a place in the new forest was sharing with my wife's parents. My sisters and dad had other places on the site. Rule of 6 would have been fine, but only my family not impacted as tier 2.

Not optimistic but was hopeful, fir it to change under 2 weeks out is very annoying.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 15 Oct 2020, 1:51 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Its a place in the new forest was sharing with my wife's parents. My sisters and dad had other places on the site. Rule of 6 would have been fine, but only my family not impacted as tier 2.

Not optimistic but was hopeful, fir it to change under 2 weeks out is very annoying.

Where abouts in the new forest? Was there not long back and the prices at the moment are ridiculous.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 15 Oct 2020, 2:03 pm

Place called Sandy Balls. It was pricey. But we shoukd get a refund.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Oct 2020, 2:11 pm

beninho wrote:Place called Sandy Balls. It was pricey.  But we shoukd get a refund.

Quite a comical name.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 15 Oct 2020, 2:14 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Place called Sandy Balls. It was pricey.  But we shoukd get a refund.

Quite a comical name.

By design, its the name of the holiday park.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 Oct 2020, 2:17 pm

Nudist camp?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 15 Oct 2020, 2:23 pm

super_realist wrote:Nudist camp?

Yep. I'm going to be mistaken for a new forest pony

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 15 Oct 2020, 2:39 pm

Really nice accommodation actually, possibly the fanciest 'holiday park' in the new forest. I usually stay in Shorefield which is just outside New Milton, free to use pool and gym which is always handy, also not too far from the actual forest.

*calling it a holiday park does it an injustice.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 15 Oct 2020, 2:48 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:

Really nice accommodation actually, possibly the fanciest 'holiday park' in the new forest. I usually stay in Shorefield which is just outside New Milton, free to use pool and gym which is always handy, also not too far from the actual forest.

Does look nice, my sister knows soneone who's been recently. And, to be fair, she doesn't do thinks half hearted! Hopefully can rebook into next year, and then push it back again probably.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 15 Oct 2020, 2:50 pm

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

Does look nice, my sister knows soneone who's been recently. And, to be fair, she doesn't do thinks half hearted! Hopefully can rebook into next year, and then push it back again probably.

I went to the lake district in July and have been tempted to book something since but the likelihood of postponing has put me off, will leave it to the new year and see what's occurring then.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 15 Oct 2020, 3:05 pm

There are some really good deals in fancy London hotels at present. For a night or 2. Me and the wife had a suite at the Royal Lancaster near Hyde Park a couple of weekends back. Was still £200 but usually nearly £500. Lovely lovely hotel. London was eerie and quiet though.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 16 Oct 2020, 11:44 am

beninho wrote:There are some really good deals in fancy London hotels at present. For a night or 2. Me and the wife had a suite at the Royal Lancaster near Hyde Park a couple of weekends back. Was still £200 but usually nearly £500. Lovely lovely hotel. London was eerie and quiet though.

Super could get himself a fancy hotel deal and have the poshest wank ever.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 16 Oct 2020, 12:21 pm

McLaren wrote:
beninho wrote:There are some really good deals in fancy London hotels at present. For a night or 2. Me and the wife had a suite at the Royal Lancaster near Hyde Park a couple of weekends back. Was still £200 but usually nearly £500. Lovely lovely hotel. London was eerie and quiet though.

Super could get himself a fancy hotel deal and have the poshest five knuckle shuffle ever.

Costly activity in London Mac :-p

...according to a friend

...obviously

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 16 Oct 2020, 1:10 pm

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 WioZVyUJsRtvqJMz9

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 16 Oct 2020, 1:18 pm

Sandy Balls is Fordingbridge.

Not to far from me.

Did a few walks and drives around the New Forest over the summer.
Drove past Sandy Balls a couple of times.

@Soul.
Shorfields I heard was decent from people I knew who went. That was some years ago. Not sure what it’s like.

Not to far from my neck of the woods.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 16 Oct 2020, 1:39 pm

jas not sure a posh wank is what you think it is.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 16 Oct 2020, 1:40 pm

what is a holiday park, is it like a Butlins or something?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Oct 2020, 1:43 pm

McLaren wrote:what is a holiday park, is it like a Butlins or something?

It's a place where parents take children Mac, but effectively yes or rather a posh Butlins like Centre Parcs. No idea if Ted Bovis is there though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 16 Oct 2020, 4:44 pm

Like those places in France with all the chalets where middle aged men strut about in speedos?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri 16 Oct 2020, 5:41 pm

Hello children hope all are well,
Test and trace taking a kicking all day every day but think about it.If you feel sick Saturday go for a test Monday get a positive on Tuesday are you going to sit on your backside and wait for NHS to contact folk -hell no you would get on the phone and ring the people you have been in contact with but never ever knowing when you were first contagious could have been several days even 7 or so previous.
Inexact science and the only way to deal with it is personal safe and careful behavior

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 17 Oct 2020, 7:01 pm

It's like when you get an std.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Sat 17 Oct 2020, 9:57 pm

It happened to my niece's friend. She had to do a speed awareness course online. Via Zoom. How ironic

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 19 Oct 2020, 11:06 am

dynamark wrote:Hello children hope all are well,
Test and trace taking a kicking all day every day but think about it.If you feel sick Saturday go for a test Monday get a positive on Tuesday are you going to sit on your backside and wait for NHS to contact folk -hell no you would get on the phone and ring the people you have been in contact with but never ever knowing when you were first contagious could have been several days  even 7 or so previous.
Inexact science and the only way to deal with it is personal safe and careful behavior

Dyna, at the moment I think Test, track & trace is taking a kicking all day every day because it deserves it, they've had MONTHS to get it working. Both Serco and Deloitte are ripping off the public purse but delivering the square root of eff all in return. We might as well give them big crates of money, some petrol and a lighter. At least we'd get a decent bonfire night in a few weeks time.

By the same token though the 2nd part of your comment is also spot on, it's reliant on personal responsibility though which many seem pretty bereft of and that isn't helping.

Last edited by navyblueshorts on Tue 20 Oct 2020, 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 19 Oct 2020, 2:41 pm

I'm never wrong wrote:It happened to my  niece's friend. She had to do a speed awareness course online. Via Zoom. How ironic

is this in response to my post above?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next