The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glasgow and Edinburgh General Chat. Discussions are limited to 6 people before 10pm to prevent the spread of Jimboish.

+33
Brendan
Kingshu
Welly
Geordie
lostinwales
LondonTiger
formerly known as Sam
sensisball
Maine man
Gicater
Mcsweens
Gooseberry
king_carlos
TheMildlyFranticLlama
profitius
Pot Hale
Anglobraveheart
Heuer27
Margin_Walker
mikey_dragon
Tramptastic
funnyExiledScot
EST
TJ
RDW
BigGee
George Carlin
bsando
tigertattie
Hazel Sapling
jimbopip
NeilyBroon
37 posters

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The Glasgow and Edinburgh General Chat. Discussions are limited to 6 people before 10pm to prevent the spread of Jimboish. - Page 18 Empty The Glasgow and Edinburgh General Chat. Discussions are limited to 6 people before 10pm to prevent the spread of Jimboish.

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 24 Sep 2020, 12:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Another chat thread dedicated to speculation, rumination, and general perambulation through the trials and tribulations of the club from the west with no forwards and the club from the east without a backs coach.

One day we'll have more rugby to talk about!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

The Glasgow and Edinburgh General Chat. Discussions are limited to 6 people before 10pm to prevent the spread of Jimboish. - Page 18 Empty Re: The Glasgow and Edinburgh General Chat. Discussions are limited to 6 people before 10pm to prevent the spread of Jimboish.

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sat 16 Jan 2021, 5:29 pm

As a sensible, level headed, educated chap I can only assume you’re supporting Edinburgh doc?

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

The Glasgow and Edinburgh General Chat. Discussions are limited to 6 people before 10pm to prevent the spread of Jimboish. - Page 18 Empty Re: The Glasgow and Edinburgh General Chat. Discussions are limited to 6 people before 10pm to prevent the spread of Jimboish.

Post by tigertattie Sat 16 Jan 2021, 5:47 pm

Fraser brown makes a honking pundit. Give a bit of an invite as to why he gives away so many stupid penalties as he just seems to think the law doesn’t apply to him
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 16 Jan 2021, 5:51 pm

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:As a sensible, level headed, educated chap I can only assume you’re supporting Edinburgh doc?

Ignore the naysayers Doc, the Luvvies are rank! Stick with the rugby club: WE ARE WARRIORS!

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 16 Jan 2021, 6:02 pm

Doc wants to support the winning side though
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 16 Jan 2021, 6:11 pm

Why do Edinburgh have no Duhan or Darcy? anyone know?

for another matter ruddy cheating weegie traindrivers!

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 16 Jan 2021, 6:35 pm

Danger of a rugby game breaking out here
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 16 Jan 2021, 6:42 pm

Oh dear. That was brain fartage
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sat 16 Jan 2021, 7:05 pm

Yassssssss

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 16 Jan 2021, 7:06 pm

And there you have it. The proper rugby team in Scotland once again walk away with the cup.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Eejit likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 16 Jan 2021, 7:09 pm

tigertattie wrote:And there you have it. The proper rugby team in Scotland once again walk away with the cup.

Oops.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 16 Jan 2021, 7:12 pm

Rufus! Rufus McLean everyone knows his name!

That was for all the Rupert the Bear fans out there.

Doc, I sincerely hope you picked the right team.
Now for the Bills to flatten them pesky Ravens.

jimbopip

Mcsweens likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 16 Jan 2021, 7:14 pm

tigertattie wrote:Doc wants to support the winning side though
Was supporting Glasgow all the way!!!!

Good tough match. A bit weird at the end though.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 16 Jan 2021, 7:15 pm

Well played Warriors, although a moral victory to the team that scored the best and most tries....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 16 Jan 2021, 7:16 pm

Also, who paid off Nic Groom?? 3 important and silly points conceded at the end of the first half!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sat 16 Jan 2021, 7:18 pm

jimbopip wrote:Rufus! Rufus McLean everyone knows his name!

Lived a charmed life with that penalty he won where he came straight in the side of the ruck! Well done Weegies, 2 rounds in and nothing between the teams. By that I mean we’re both laughably off the pace of the decent sides in the league!

Edinburgh badly need to find some kind of threat in attack, the current tactic of trying to bore the opposition into submission isn’t going so well

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 16 Jan 2021, 7:24 pm

Fes, there are no points for moral victories. When have we ever said any such thing?
Doc, sometimes the 1872 is played over two legs with the aggregate score deciding the Victor's. The Luvvies were plus3 so the Glasgow players thought they needed to score . But at Tigertattie failed to comprehend... it's over three legs this season.

Also, well played Glasgow's no 24...Thomas The Tank.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 16 Jan 2021, 7:34 pm

jimbopip wrote:Fes, there are no points for moral victories.  When have we ever said any such thing?
Doc, sometimes the 1872 is played over two legs with the aggregate score deciding the Victor's. The Luvvies were plus3 so the Glasgow players thought they needed to score . But at Tigertattie failed to comprehend... it's over three legs this season.

Hey, do we get credit for immoral victories????

Thanks for the info about the 1872. I didn't realise that. Makes sense now. I thought the first half was a bit slow, but the second half was great fun to watch.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 16 Jan 2021, 7:46 pm

Immoral victories? I had a few of them in my younger days Doc. No points though just a few scratches and the occasional bite. But that's another story.
I still think the yellow for Turner was harsh.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 16 Jan 2021, 7:55 pm

Those stories are usually the best ones!

I agree the yellow for Turner was a bit of a tough call.  He did step into the guy and lower his head and shoulder, but there was nowhere for him to go.  If he held his ground he would have been flattened.  I thought it should have been a simple penalty.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 16 Jan 2021, 8:45 pm

jimbopip wrote:Fes, there are no points for moral victories.  When have we ever said any such thing?

I’m playing old school rules. Best of two is the correct way to go

Also Edinburgh will mop the floor with the unwashed in the 3rd leg.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 16 Jan 2021, 10:12 pm

Now now Tattie, let's not be ungracious. The Unwashed surpassed themselves tonight. I'm proud of them. They threw the kitchen sink at us and deserved the one point win. Every now and then it's heart warming for the underdogs to scrape home.

funnyExiledScot

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 16 Jan 2021, 10:20 pm

tigertattie wrote:

I’m playing old school rules. Best of two is the correct way to go

Also Edinburgh will mop the floor with the unwashed in the 3rd leg.
I never liked the two-leggers because if the first leg was at my ground, it would feel as if I only saw half a match.  I do get the logic about fairness, and frankly, if my team was not involved, I would likely agree. And as a Saints supporter, it is not like I have to worry about playoffs or trophies right now.  

I do like old school rules.  Like a proper rucking applied to a criminal from the other side laying on (or just sometimes just nearby) the ball.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 16 Jan 2021, 10:49 pm

Given the amount of preparation and analysis that goes into games these days, I'm absolutely staggered that Glasgow didn't know there was a 3rd leg!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 16 Jan 2021, 11:35 pm

RDW wrote:Given the amount of preparation and analysis that goes into games these days, I'm absolutely staggered that Glasgow didn't know there was a 3rd leg!

You could say the same about Nic Groom not knowing that we don't use hooters to signal the end of the half over here as well Very Happy

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sun 17 Jan 2021, 12:15 am

BigGee wrote:
RDW wrote:Given the amount of preparation and analysis that goes into games these days, I'm absolutely staggered that Glasgow didn't know there was a 3rd leg!

You could say the same about Nic Groom not knowing that we don't use hooters to signal the end of the half over here as well Very Happy

I mean really. That has to be a candidate for a clip on “it’ll be alright on the night”

He could see the clock.

We’re in the NH

A train sounds nothing like a half time hooter
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 17 Jan 2021, 9:35 am

Aye I found the whole Nic Groom thing at half time a bit odd! Very uncharacteristic mistake. It wouldn't have killed them to run a couple of phases to make sure time was up!

Another one not really much to write home about. Although I'm pleased that Thompson had a solid game. Him and Chamberlain look like they will step in nicely to their roles at Glasgow and Edinburgh respectively, which is only going to be good for Scotland, especially in the build up to the world cup.

Toonie will still find a reason not to include Jones even with his excellent defensive and attacking display. I can see it now. It'll be a "lack of discipline" after the yellow card. Absolutely ludicrous he wasn't involved in the Autumn. Is Harris seriously just going to permanently keep him and others out of contention? Agree that Bennett also looks good right now so should definitely be in contention.

I think the Turner card was fair. If he was going to tackle him off the ball, see it through. Don't roll him over the top of you. That was a bit cynical in my opinion. The Glasgow hookers seem to have a real discipline issue and give away silly penalties when they do, and I'm not sure what the resolution to that would be.

Hopefully the increase in quality of play will continue into the next leg, whenever that may be!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcsweens Sun 17 Jan 2021, 9:56 am

Thought H Jones showed up, but speaking as a former full back he's still learning the trade defensively, and was at fault for Deans try. You don't turn your back on the opposition 5m from your try line.

He looked class with ball in hand -does anyone remember that break into the 22 around the 65m mark - shame Price then butchered a 4 on 2 overlap by crabbing across the pitch and throwing a long looping pass to the touchline on the next phase. That had us shouting at the TV.

When was the last time Blairhorn had a game where he looked remotely interested?

Could feel the desperation in Scottish Rugby in giving MOTM to RT - ("Thank God he's competent!") I'd have given MOTM to Seiuli.

Mcsweens

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 17 Jan 2021, 10:02 am

Mcsweens wrote:Thought H Jones showed up, but speaking as a former full back he's still learning the trade defensively, and was at fault for Deans try. You don't turn your back on the opposition 5m from your try line.

He looked class with ball in hand -does anyone remember that break into the 22 around the 65m mark - shame Price then butchered a 4 on 2 overlap by crabbing across the pitch and throwing a long looping pass to the touchline on the next phase. That had us shouting at the TV.

When was the last time Blairhorn had a game where he looked remotely interested?

Could feel the desperation in Scottish Rugby in giving MOTM to RT - ("Thank God he's competent!") I'd have given MOTM to Seiuli.

Yeah I'd have said Gray or one of the forwards would have earned it moreso than Thompson, although it was a composed performance for a 21 year old and will give him confidence which is so important for FH. I think it's more like desperation in Glasgow as the next off the bus would be the No 'P' Thompson, where 'P' stands for penalty.

Ali Price is still very meh. I'm not looking forward to the team selections for the 6Ns because whilst Toonie gets it about 90% right it's always the key positions he gets wrong, which essentially undoes the rest of the selection!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 17 Jan 2021, 10:05 am

Has there been any chat on Mcinally's injury?

We're lucky to still have Turner, but we'll be really stretched if both Brown and Mcinally are out.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 17 Jan 2021, 10:11 am

RDW wrote:Has there been any chat on Mcinally's injury?

We're lucky to still have Turner, but we'll be really stretched if both Brown and Mcinally are out.

As far as I understand it's just a neck strain for McInally so hopefully will be okay in a few weeks, I expect we may see Turner starting and McInally off the bench. Beyond that it's Stewart then Jake Kerr... Then Matthews?

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcsweens Sun 17 Jan 2021, 10:13 am

I mean it was Kellock that handed out MOTM, right.

Thought Rufus Sewell scampered around pleasingly.
As did Erronymus Bosch on the Edinburgh Wing.
(am I doing this right, Jimbo?)

Mcsweens

NeilyBroon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 17 Jan 2021, 10:13 am

Actually Cherry has been playing well for Edinburgh so expect we'll see him play at some point.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 17 Jan 2021, 10:22 am

Ashman was brought into the squad as cover in the autumn. Toonie clearly sees him. As one for the future.

None of the other hookers available have put forward a compelling case and none are playing regularly.

Cherry did have a decent game yesterday, but he is unlikely to be a longer term international prospect, so he could easily go for Ashman again.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 17 Jan 2021, 11:10 am

BigGee wrote:Ashman was brought into the squad as cover in the autumn. Toonie clearly sees him. As one for the future.

None of the other hookers available have put forward a compelling case and none are playing regularly.

Cherry did have a decent game yesterday, but he is unlikely to be a longer term international prospect, so he could easily go for Ashman again.

Didn't stop Toonie calling up Cowan!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 17 Jan 2021, 11:35 am

NeilyBroon wrote:
BigGee wrote:Ashman was brought into the squad as cover in the autumn. Toonie clearly sees him. As one for the future.

Yes but Cowan was an established international with some pedigree.

I have no issue with him picking Cherry and he may well be the best of the rest currently, but Ashman is the next generation and may well be in the next WC squad.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcsweens Sun 17 Jan 2021, 11:37 am

Cherry reminded me of the bald guy from Burnistoun, so thats a factor in his favour.

Mcsweens

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 17 Jan 2021, 11:40 am

Mcsweens wrote:Cherry reminded me of the bald guy from Burnistoun, so thats a factor in his favour.

He's pretty good at throwing a bottle of ginger

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 17 Jan 2021, 11:41 am

BigGee wrote:
NeilyBroon wrote:

Yes but Cowan was an established international with some pedigree.

I have no issue with him picking Cherry and he may well be the best of the rest currently, but Ashman is the next generation and may well be in the next WC squad.

Agree. I guess we must find out on Monday???

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 17 Jan 2021, 11:46 am

Mark Palmer interview with Glen Young in the Scottish Sunday Times

I think Edinburgh have really got themselves a good one there. I have watched him playing for Quins over the past 2 seasons and he has worked himself into a starting lock position. A bit like Cummings, he is a really mobile lock who gets around the pitch and is often taking passes on the wing, but also a tower at the lineout. I think he will be pushing hard for a Scotland cap.

For a man who stands at 6ft 7in and close to 18st, Glen Young has done a fine job of flying under the radar up to now. The second row is Jedburgh born and bred and played in the same Scotland under-20 side as Jamie Ritchie, Zander Fagerson and Rory Hutchinson, but hasn’t tended to feature in many discussions about Caledonian talent based south of the border.

This is despite the 26-year-old becoming an ever more central part of the Harlequins team under Paul Gustard, the coach who signed him from Newcastle Falcons in 2019. This summer, however, the Borderer is heading home, having agreed to join Edinburgh.

It was an “incredibly tough decision” to leave a place where he has “really grown” in the last two years, but the chance to get right under the noses of the national team coaches, as well as to move his young family home, proved too hard to resist.

“First and foremost, Edinburgh are a very attractive proposition as a club,” insists Young, who has already had an offer accepted on a flat in the capital. “I played against them a couple of times in the Champions Cup with Newcastle. They’re a tough team, tough to break down and pretty niggly. That’s what Cockers [head coach Richard Cockerill] brings. But it was also about things he saw that he thinks he can help improve in my game. That bit is really exciting.

“It’s always a bit unknown making a move. It’s a bit of a gamble, whether the new coaches are going to like you, whether you’re going to play. But it’s not just about me — we’ve a young son [seven-month-old Vinnie] and we were keen to be closer to our families. It will also be good in terms of trying to push on and play for Scotland. Being in the coaches’ eyeline a bit more at Edinburgh will be better for me.”

Young has spent his entire professional career in England, a fact that speaks as much to Newcastle’s eye for talent beyond their immediate region as the SRU not having constructed a robust enough pathway for Border youngsters since the Reivers professional team was shut down in 2007.

“Boys like Darcy Graham and Stuart Hogg have come through in the Scottish system, but a lot of talent in the Borders slips through the net,” says Young, who runs the Harlequins lineout and is happy in the wider channels, where he can reprise some of the more expansive touches from his teenage years as a full-back. He has made the joint most offloads (six) and second most passes (33) of any Gallagher Premiership forward this season, while also scoring highly for the more abrasive close-quarters work.

“I never expected to be a professional player. I was doing an apprenticeship in mechanical engineering and just playing for the fun of it, enjoying playing for Jed, enjoying having a few beers after games,” he says. “One day I was playing against Tynedale for Jed Thistle, the under-18 side. I was lucky the Newcastle academy coach was there. He obviously saw something in the big gangly Scottish guy, they got me in and the rest is history.”

Young’s run of starts since rugby returned last August has not gone unnoticed by the Scotland coaches. Both he and they are well aware of the level of boilerhouse competition; behind the established combination of Jonny Gray and Scott Cummings are Ben Toolis, Richie Gray, Grant Gilchrist, Gloucester’s Alex Craig, Andrew Davidson, who will also be playing at Kingsholm next season, Saracens’ Callum Hunter-Hill, Cameron Henderson of Leicester and the sadly injury-prone Lewis Carmichael. And that’s before we get to young thrusters like Jamie Hodgson, Hamish Bain and Marshall Sykes.

Yet any player, especially a front-five forward, who has been regularly playing and impressing in a Premiership team is bound to get clocked eventually. During the initial lockdown, Young was among the exiles invited on a Zoom call with national coach Gregor Townsend and his assistants to discuss the team’s core principles and what they are looking for in aspiring candidates.

“Playing for Scotland is a huge ambition,” Young admits. “I’d love for it to happen one day, there’s absolutely no hiding that. I’m 26 now, so I would like it to happen sooner rather than later. It would be a massive thing for me if it did.

“The boys at Edinburgh and Glasgow are obviously seen a lot, and I’ll be looking to put my hand up. Edinburgh have the two Scotland locks [Gilchrist and Toolis], but they will be away a bit. I’m confident I can kick on, get a decent amount of game time with Edinburgh and see where it goes.

Young has developed an all-round game while with Harlequins
REX
“I know quite a few of the boys. There are the boys I played under-20s with, and others like Darcy I know from home. It will be nice to see a few familiar faces and not have to speak with a posh English accent any more!”

Young has the motivation of trying to emulate his father, Doug, a heavyweight boxer who represented Great Britain at the 1984 Olympics and won a Commonwealth silver medal in Scotland colours on home soil two years later. “My dad is very down to earth, you’d never know he had been an Olympian. But he likes to keep himself fit, likes to hit a bag now and again. I had one or two boxing sessions with him growing up, but the training is brutal. I just stuck with the rugby.”

The sport is woven into the fabric of his home town. Young is friends with former Scotland captain Greig Laidlaw, and when Harlequins played Clermont in the Champions Cup last year there was a former Jed-Forest player on each side and a third, ex-captain Neil McIlroy, the French team’s manager. “We get everywhere — it’s a small world,” says Young.

Three of his cousins — Callum, Gregor and Lewis — played for Scotland sevens, while his wife Sofia and Vinnie recently moved back to Jedburgh from London amid the Covid chaos.

“I’m away at work all the time and with the lockdown, my wife didn’t have anyone down here,” Young explains. “She didn’t have any family and even in terms of other partners from the rugby club, you can’t really see them to get that support network.

“It’s not ideal but she’s happier. I missed the wee man’s first Christmas — we had Bristol on Boxing Day — but we managed a delayed Christmas Day a bit later.”

They do say that good things come to those who wait. Or to those who make them happen.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 17 Jan 2021, 12:28 pm

Mcsweens wrote:I mean it was Kellock that handed out MOTM, right.

Thought Rufus Sewell scampered around pleasingly.
As did Erronymus Bosch on the Edinburgh Wing.
(am I doing this right, Jimbo?)

That's the spirit, McSweens thumbsup
I still like the Rupert The Bear theme tune for young Mr McLean but I do like the idea of Anonymous Bosh on the wing for the Perfumed Ones.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 17 Jan 2021, 8:23 pm

https://twitter.com/nicgroom/status/1350892184569053184

Nick Groom showing a sense of humour that could almost be Glaswegian!

I guess he is not from Edinburgh Run

BigGee
Admin
Admin

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 18 Jan 2021, 10:04 am

I see Scotrail have managed to get in on the joke also!

And of course there is always some folk that think they are being witty by relating it back to the trams Tumbleweed
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 18 Jan 2021, 12:26 pm

Kinghorn extends contract
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55702538

Keatley moves to Glasgow
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/glasgow-warriors-sign-former-munster-and-ireland-out-half-ian-keatley/

Keatley as a short term cover makes sense to avoid playing B Thomson at 10 too often. Hopefully we stick with R Thompson getting plenty of playing time alternating with Keatley.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 18 Jan 2021, 1:38 pm

I got excited because I thought Glasgow had signed that young Irish fly half who had been mentioned as Scottish, still not a bad signing, that'll sure things up for the future for glasgow.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 18 Jan 2021, 2:37 pm

Very happy to be reading good things about Glenn Young. Cockerill believes he has an international quality player there. I'm more excited about him than I am about Lang.

Also pleased Kinghorn is staying put. I know he displays an irritating lack of concentration at times, not too dissimilar to Little Miss Fes in home school, but there's no denying his talent. When he's good, can be very good indeed. It would help him in attack if Edinburgh had a qualified backs coach. It must be hard coming into the line without knowing where the ball is going to go, but similarly it would help his game if he passed the ball to other Edinburgh players, rather than the space between them....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 18 Jan 2021, 9:39 pm

Good signing for Glasgow - exactly what they needed. Hopefully he has a similar impact as Myler has had at the Ospreys.

He's not going to transform you into a title winning team, but will give a lot more stability that Horne, a young pup and a player who is not Pro 14 standard!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 19 Jan 2021, 1:13 pm

Sam Johnson signs on again for Glasgow, as is the current norm, no contract length announced.

His star seems to have fallen a little bit on the international front recently as he never really seems to have re-discovered his spark following injury but still a good player who will do well for Glasgow and potentially for Scotland if he can rediscover his mojo.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 19 Jan 2021, 4:10 pm

Jamie Llyal suggesting Shuggy is off to Bayonne next season.

That will no doubt be a decent money move, but he is not going to win much with them. They always seem to flirt with the relegation zone.

I am kind of resigned to him going to be honest and as the highest paid player in the squad, his wages could probably be spent in a fashion that might benefit the team more.

After the last couple of seasons though, it is good that we have seen him getting back to his best in a Glasgow shirt and giving us something to get excited about in these dark times. Still plenty of rugby to play this year and hopefully we will see plenty more of him before he goes.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 20 Jan 2021, 7:39 am

Allegedly sale are looking to make an offer too. They'd be my choice, especially if redpath ends up picking Scotland (or perhaps could be persuaded if he makes a partnership with shug)

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 20 Jan 2021, 8:21 am

NeilyBroon wrote:Allegedly sale are looking to make an offer too. They'd be my choice, especially if redpath ends up picking Scotland (or perhaps could be persuaded if he makes a partnership with shug)

Redpath plays for Bath now unfortunately

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next