The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia v India Test Series Tipping Competition

+7
Duty281
Good Golly I'm Olly
Mind the windows Tino.
alfie
Gooseberry
James100
Pal Joey
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Australia v India Test Series Tipping Competition Empty Australia v India Test Series Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:45 am

2020 Border - Gavaskar Trophy Tipping Competition Rules:

Changes since last tipping competition
- Omitted the "Overall Test Prediction", so just pick your winning team before each Test. Or go for a Draw if you like.
- Simplified wicket keeping - select who will take more caught behinds and stumpings combined. Paine or Saha. 50 points for the correct pick.
- If they both take the same number of dismissals - then we all get only 25 points each. Or nominate "the same" to get 50 points.

Pick 2 (two) batsmen and 2 (two) bowlers from both Australia and India who you think will score the most runs and take the most wickets.
You get both batting and bowling points per innings so a bowler who scores runs has both batting and bowling scores added together.
e.g.
Wade, Smith, Starc, Cummins
Pujara, Kohli, Shami, Bumrah

Pick 1 (one) fielder from each team; excluding wicket keepers for most catches in the Series.
It can be a bowler (for c&b) if you want.
e.g.
Labuschagne, Rahane

Select which wicket keeper will take the greatest number of catches, stumpings and run outs combined for each Test.
If a wicket keeper is injured then the replacement keeper's figures shall be used.
e.g.
Paine or the same

Predict the Toss:
a) Who wins the toss?
e.g. Australia

b) Winning captain's decision - bat or field?
e.g. Bat

a) Predict the 1st Test result.
e.g. India

Selections must be posted a minimum one (1) hour before the commencement of each Test. No PM reminders shall be sent.

Scoring:

1 point for every run scored by your nominated batsmen. Add together for each Test.
Bonus 20 points for 100 runs.
extra 25 points for 150 runs.
extra 40 points for 200 runs.
extra 50 points for 250 runs.
extra 60 bonus points for 300+ runs.

Note: the batting & bowling score bonuses accumulate so;

Batting:
100 runs = 120 points. A player scores 127 + 20 = 147 points.
150 runs = 195 points. A player scores 176 + 20 + 25 = 221 points.
200 runs = 285 points. A player scores 243 + 20 + 25 + 40 = 328 points.
250 runs = 385 points. A player scores 282 + 20 + 25 + 40 + 50 = 417 points
300+ runs = 445 points. A player scores 309 + 20 + 25 + 40 + 50 + 60 = 504 points.

Bowling:
20 points per wicket with a bonus 50 points for a 5-fer.
An extra 35 points for 6-fer, 40 for 7-fer, 45 for 8-fer, 50 for 9-fer.
An extra 100 bonus points for a 10-fer.

5 wickets = 100 + 50 = 150 points
6 wickets = 120 + 50 + 35 = 205 points.
7 wickets = 140 + 50 + 35 + 40 = 265 points
8 wickets = 160 + 50 + 35 + 40 + 45 = 330 points
9 wickets = 180 + 50 + 35 + 40 + 45 + 50 = 400 points
10 wickets = 200 + 50 + 35 + 40 + 45 + 50 + 100 = 520 points

Caught and bowled = 20 points for the wicket + 25 bonus points for the catch = 45 points.

Fielder catches: Your nominated fieldsmen earn you 25 points per catch and 25 points for a run out.

Wicket keepers: 50 points for correct selection. eg. Paine or Saha.
Or if you think they will take the same number of total dismissals per innings - then nominate "the same" = 50 points.
If they take the same number of catches and stumpings (combined) and you've picked either one of the keepers - then 25 points only.

a) Correctly predict who wins the toss = 15 points
b) Correctly predict what the winning Captain decides to do = 15 points - only for those with part a) above correct; no points if your a) was incorrect.

a) Correctly predict the winning team for each Test = 75 points.
b) If you guess all 4 Test Match outcomes correctly then there is a further 125 point bonus = 300 + 125 = 425 points.
Note: Correctly predict a "Draw" = 75 points

If one (or more) of your selected players gets injured during a match or is dropped from the Test side after a match, then you’ll have the opportunity to select replacement players – either as it happens - for the injured player or before the next Test commences (for a player who gets dropped). Doesn’t have to be the actual substitute player – it can be somebody else already in the team. However, you don’t receive any of their previous points – you must start accumulating points from scratch with them.

1st Test (D/N), Adelaide, Dec 17 - Dec 21 2020 Australia win by 8 wickets
2nd Test, Melbourne, Dec 26 - Dec 30 2020 India win by 8 wickets
3rd Test, Sydney, Jan 7 - Jan 11 2021 Match drawn
4th Test, Brisbane, Jan 15 - Jan 19 2021 India won by 3 wickets

India win the series 2-1 and retain the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Pal Joey on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:30 am; edited 5 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Australia v India Test Series Tipping Competition Empty Re: Australia v India Test Series Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:54 am

Australia (probable):
1 Joe Burns, 2 Matthew Wade, 3 Marnus Labuschagne, 4 Steven Smith, 5 Travis Head, 6 Cameron Green, 7 Tim Paine * †, 8 Pat Cummins, 9 Mitchell Starc, 10 Josh Hazlewood, 11 Nathan Lyon

India:
1 Mayank Agarwal, 2 Prithvi Shaw, 3 Cheteshwar Pujara, 4 Virat Kohli *, 5 Ajinkya Rahane, 6 Hanuma Vihari, 7 Wriddhiman Saha †, 8 R Ashwin, 9 Umesh Yadav, 10 Mohammed Shami, 11 Jasprit Bumrah

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Australia v India Test Series Tipping Competition Empty Re: Australia v India Test Series Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:50 am

Labuschagne, Smith, Hazlewood, Lyon
Kohli, Rahane, Ashwin, Shami

Smith, Agarwal

Paine

a) Australia, b) bat

Australia

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:10 am

Cheers for doing this Joey, should be a good series

Smith, Labuschagne, Cummins, Starc
Kohli, Pujara, Ashwin, Bumrah

Smith, Rahane

Paine

Australia, bat

Australia

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:11 am

Thanks James. Great to see you again! Hope all's well with you. Good luck!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:12 am

Might edit if the teams change when Aus confirm

Noting the short turn around between games, both sides will have to manage their bowlers really carefully through the series. Likely to favour Aus in that regard as they have far more depth to their seam attack. India will have to flog Bumrah who's already had to bowl a heavy load on the tour, but seems a solid pick for the first test purely on bowling. Ashwin conversely is more likely to pick up batting points, but Aus has been a spinners graveyard. Gonna hedge my bets and go for them.
Batsmen..I dont trust their top 3 to last long against the new ball attack, even Pujara. Kholi is a no thought required pick, and a punt on Vihari who got a century in the warm up and could chip in with a wicket bonus.

Cummins and Starc for Aus, neither a total mug with the bat and will get a good go at the most vulnerable parts of the Indian batting order. Was tempted by Green but a bit of a punt. Batting wise Id be amazed if anyone didnt go for Labuschange and Smith.

Kholi, Vihari, Bumrah, Ashwin

Starc, Cummins, Smith, Labuschange

Are we allowed to sub the fielder if they are dropped?

3. Paine

4. India, bat (its not Holder captaining them)

5. Aus to win in spite of their openers. Think this is Indias best chance of victory in the series and they are better prepped than sometimes, but they need to win the toss.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:15 am

Yes Gooseberry... I'm pretty flexible with any selection changes right up to the toss.
So just awaiting your two fielders... subject to final team selections, etc.

If a selected fielder gets dropped after the 1st Test - then you just choose another one for the next match.

Nice analysis by the way...  Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:27 am

Smith Labuschagne Cummins Green
Kohli Pujara Shami Ashwin

Smith Shaw

Paine

India bat

Australia

Was sort of tempted to try and tip India and hope to steal a break on the field if I got lucky ... But I think I will just settle for a couple of "different" player selections ...

Good fun I think , PJ ... thumbsup

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:37 am

Good stuff, alfie.
Was toying with the idea of selecting Green myself. Hope he goes well for you!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:42 am

It's no Culture Cup, PJ, but we'll give it a go

1) Batting - Smith/Labuschagne & Kohli/Pujara. Bowling - Cummins/Hazlewood & Shami/Bumrah

2) Labuschagne & Rahane

3) Paine

4) India & bat

5) Australia

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:07 am

Pal Joey wrote:Yes Gooseberry... I'm pretty flexible with any selection changes right up to the toss.
So just awaiting your two fielders... subject to final team selections, etc.

If a selected fielder gets dropped after the 1st Test - then you just choose another one for the next match.

Nice analysis by the way...  Smile

Cheers Joey .. Ill be hugely unimaginative then and say Smith and Kohli for fielders. Did think about Wade on the off chance he got to be keeper later in the series as a cheeky way round the rules.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:17 am

Smith, Cameron Green, Cummins, Lyon
Rahane, Vihari, Ashwin, Bumrah

Cummins
Pujara

Saha

India
Bat

India

Cheers for running Joey - always good fun!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:21 pm

Thanks for running again. thumbsup

Smith, Head, Lyon, Starc.
Pujara, Rahane, Yadav, Shami.

Labuschagne and Shaw.

Saha

Australia to win the toss and bat.

Australia

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi Joey,

Yep, thanks for doing this again.

1, Burns, Smith, Cummins, Starc (you knew the last two I was going for).
Pujara, Kohli, Ashwin, M Shami.

2. Smith, Kohli.

3. Paine.

4. Australia, bat.

5. Australia.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:47 pm

1 - Marnus, Green, Cummins, Hazlewood
Pujara, Kohli, Ashwin, Bumrah

2 - Marnus, Rahane

3 - Paine

4 - India, bat

5 - India (Could be boring series if they don't snag the opener, so hoping on this one!)

Cheers Joey - top work as ever.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:04 pm

Thanks everyone. All set to go.
India won the toss and has elected to bat.
So 30 points already for Alfie, Tino, Olly, JD and Gooseberry.

Wow... Starc has just bowled Shaw for a second ball duck.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:12 am

Points Table
1st Test, Day 1:

227 JDizzle [227] *#
212 Tino [212] *#
195 Gooseberry [195] *#
192 James [192]
192 Guildfordbat [192]
182 Alfie [182] *#
176 Soul Requiem [176]
171 Pal Joey [171]
170 Duty [170]
143 Olly [143] * #

* denotes correct pick India win toss
# denotes correct pick India elected to bat

Average score: 186 [186]

First figure - accumulative score / accumulative average score
Second figure in [brackets] - daily score / daily average

Gooseberry got off to a great start early on but was hauled in by JD and Tino who were basically neck and neck all day... until the 83rd over when Ashwin came into bat... and scored his 15 runs.

Note: Although a few of us have Hazlewood as one of our bowlers - we don't get the 25 points for his run out since he is not our nominated fielder. However, 3 of us had Labuschagne as our nominated fielder (Duty, Tino and JD) and hence collect the bonus 25 points for that.

So, it was quite an interesting day.

Yours truly was on zero for quite some time... whilst you guys were all on 34, 44, 54, etc... and even 70 points for Gooseberry - who got the toss right, captain's decision, and the first two wickets from Starc and Cummins. From then on, however, those who had both Pujara and Kohli started to cash in on it.

Don't worry Olly - you've still got Ashwin and Bumrah to come... along with the likes of Lyon, Cummins and Green. I'm sure they'll make some good contributions tomorrow and beyond.

Hope you're all enjoying this!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

JDizzle, Duty281 and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:26 am

Pal Joey wrote:Points Table
1st Test, Day 1:

Hope you're all enjoying this!

One of the few things left to enjoy in tier 3! Keep up the splendid work, Joey.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:36 pm

Thanks Guildford. That was the intention... to keep some of you guys occupied during the Christmas - New Year season during tier 3.

I've had a late request for KP_fan to join.
I think it's important we have a genuine Indian fan represented. Sent out 27 invitations (including S Kumar) so to get 10 or 11 responses is fair I'd say.

I've suggested the following to KP_f if he wants to participate:

Obviously not the toss and captain's decision part.
Also not all of the top scorers from Day 1 either. So not Kohli AND Pujara and not Starc... just for this Test.
I'd also have to ensure you are not above Olly on the points table. So if I start you on 133 points... is that OK?
No doubt with your excellent cricket knowledge you will surge up the rankings by the end of this first test.
Then for the next 3 Tests - you can pick whoever you like.

I know it's bending the rules quite a bit - but hopefully we are all generous enough to let our long time cricket buddy join the fray?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Good Golly I'm Olly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:20 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Thanks Guildford. That was the intention... to keep some of you guys occupied during the Christmas - New Year season during tier 3.

I've had a late request for KP_fan to join.
I think it's important we have a genuine Indian fan represented. Sent out 27 invitations (including S Kumar) so to get 10 or 11 responses is fair I'd say.

I've suggested the following to KP_f if he wants to participate:

Obviously not the toss and captain's decision part.
Also not all of the top scorers from Day 1 either. So not Kohli AND Pujara and not Starc... just for this Test.
I'd also have to ensure you are not above Olly on the points table. So if I start you on 133 points... is that OK?
No doubt with your excellent cricket knowledge you will surge up the rankings by the end of this first test.
Then for the next 3 Tests - you can pick whoever you like.

I know it's bending the rules quite a bit - but hopefully we are all generous enough to let our long time cricket buddy join the fray?

Joey - suggest the same for the returning msp if he clocks this and wants to join.

guildfordbat

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:46 pm

A bit of sensible rule bending to allow a couple of old friends to join the fray sounds like a fair idea to me  thumbsup

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:06 am

If its bought people back to the forum its a bonus, good stuff Joey. Its always remained relatively active community but the more voices the better especially getting our Indian contingent back

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:01 am

Points Table
1st Test, Day 2:

554 James [362]
553 Gooseberry [358]
552 JDizzle [325]
471 Guildfordbat [279]
422 Tino [210]
406 Alfie [224]
399 Olly [256]
372 Soul Requiem [196]
342 Pal Joey [171]
341 KP_Fan [208] **
309 Duty [139]

Average score: 429 [248]

** KP started the day on the 'agreed' 133 points (see post above) and thereafter accumulated points.

Incredibly close at the top... excellent work from James, Goose and JD. Only 2 points separate the top 3!
Some of us seem to be standing still... or going backwards! However, things can change quickly, remember?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Good Golly I'm Olly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:28 am

Hmm. Bowlers keeping my head above water. Day 2 got me 9 wickets, 2 catches and zippo runs! Rolling Eyes

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:32 am

Lots of wickets for me today...runs, we won't mention censored
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:28 am

Ha. My error going for Shami...thought this game might suit him. He has bowled well but not got the rewards - or points.

Maybe Green will get me a big second innings catch up...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:37 pm

Cheers Joey - both James and Goose have Aus to win, not that I needed any further excuse to cheer on India!

I normally finish last in these things, so I’ll just make the implosion more interesting this time.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:34 pm

JDizzle wrote:Cheers Joey - both James and Goose have Aus to win, not that I needed any further excuse to cheer on India!

I normally finish last in these things, so I’ll just make the implosion more interesting this time.

Think you're in a good place, JD, coming into the home stretch of the first race. India looked poised to win this one. At least 65-70% chance I'd say.

Me? I must have rocks in my head. Although Shami was unlucky not to have bagged at least one wicket as Alfie has pointed out above. Only Ashwin has helped me keep my head above water.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:30 am

Pal Joey wrote:
JDizzle wrote:Cheers Joey - both James and Goose have Aus to win, not that I needed any further excuse to cheer on India!

Think you're in a good place, JD, coming into the home stretch of the first race. India looked poised to win this one. At least 65-70% chance I'd say.

Me? I must have rocks in my head. Although Shami was unlucky not to have bagged at least one wicket as Alfie has pointed out above. Only Ashwin has helped me keep my head above water.

Whistle

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:45 am

Points Table
1st Test, Day 3:

894 JDizzle [342] *
821 Tino [399] *#
803 Gooseberry [250] *#
797 James [243] *#
758 Guildfordbat [287] *#
674 Pal Joey [332] *#
673 Alfie [267] *#
515 Olly [116]
515 KP_Fan [174]
440 Duty [131] #
430 Soul Requiem [58] *

* Paine 7 dismissals = 50 points
# Australia win = 75 points

Average score: 665 [236]

Where to start? I'm still reeling in shock after the events of this afternoon. Feel a bit gutted for India - who I don't believe deserved such a low 2nd innings score. I never saw that coming.

Sorry about jinxing you above, JD - but I really thought India would be batting now and Australia would be chasing at least 200 plus runs later this evening and tomorrow.

Anyway Mr Dizzle, congratulations on topping the table for this 1st Test.  clap

Only yourself and Mind the Windows Tino had both Cummins 105 points (4 wickets plus the caught and bowled) and Hazlewood 150 points (5 wickets plus the 50 point bonus)... but Tino also had "Paine" and "Australia" which earned him a tidy 399 points - in only just over 36 overs today.

We now have around 6 days off until the Boxing Day Test. No doubt there will be some team changes - and we'll all have a chance to pick new players if we so wish. I'll send a reminder PM most likely around Christmas Eve.

Thanks for participating. I've really enjoyed doing this again.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

JDizzle, Duty281 and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:57 am

Top work JD - and thanks for running it Joey. Lots to consider before the next test, with barely any of my bats troubling the scorers!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:43 am

That couldn't have gone much worse.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:03 am

Cheers again Joey. Top work. I did say the implosion would be dramatic, but I didn’t expect 36ao! One of the more incredible passages of play in recent times.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:45 am

Reckon I'm going to have to furlough Shami! Wink

Thanks again, Joey and well done, JD. OK

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:04 am

Very Clever , JD : reverse jinxing yourself ahead of a brilliant surge to the top Smile Who needs an Indian win when you have cornered the market in point-scoring bowlers... a healthy lead after the first lap though you might have to keep an eye on Tino thumbsup

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:06 am

Hi Joey,

For the second Test please -

1, Burns, Smith, Cummins, Starc (I do rather object to others choosing the last two but I'll let it go in this season of goodwill Wink).
Pujara, Rahane Ashwin, Bumrah.

2. Smith, Rahane.

3. Paine.

4. Australia, bat.

5. Australia.

Best wishes to you and all for a Merry Christmas and a much improved New Year.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:52 am

Afraid I'm going to hew pretty closely to Guildford's picks here, but -

Smith, Labuschagne, Cummins, Starc
Pujara, Rahane, Bumrah, Jadeja (Ashwin if Jadeja doesn't play)

Smith, Rahane

Paine

India, bat

Australia

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:58 am

Will stick with the same.

Smith, Head, Lyon, Starc.

Labuschagne and Shaw (or Shaw's replacement).

Saha/whoever India's WK ends up being

Australia

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:51 pm

Labuschagne, Smith, Cummins, Starc (not sure how this gets frowned on when it was Hazelwood that bagged the mega points!)

- Waiting to see who India Pick but incase I fail to internet Pujara, Vihari, Ashwin, Bumrah

- Labuschagne, Rahane

- Paine

- India , Bat (just to be different)

- Aus

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:07 pm

Smith Labuschagne Cummins Lyon
Rahane Pujara Ashwin Bumrah

Smith Rahane

Paine
Australia bat

Australia

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:21 am

Smith, Cameron Green, Cummins, Lyon
Rahane, Vihari, Ashwin, Bumrah

Cummins
Pujara

Paine

India
Bat

Australia

Have a great Christmas all!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:57 am

here are my revisions for T2

Pick 2 (two) batsmen and 2 (two) bowlers

India: Jadeja, Pant, Ashwin, Bumrah
Aus: Cummin, Starc, Hazelwood, Lyon

Pick 1 (one) fielder from each team; excluding wicket keepers for most catches in the Series.

It remains Smith & Rahane

Select which wicket keeper will take the greatest number of catches, stumpings and run outs combined for each Test.

Pant

Predict the Toss:
a) Who wins the toss?
e.g. Australia

b) Winning captain's decision - bat or field?
e.g. Bat

Ind win the toss and bat first

a) Predict the 1st Test result.

India
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:19 am

Thanks everyone... I hope you've all had a very nice Christmas.

Smith, Green, Cummins, Hazlewood.
Pujara, Rahane, Ashwin, Yadav.

Smith and Rahane.

Paine

Australia

Duty281 wrote:

Duty,
Shami's out... so please let me know your replacement.
Also, just to confirm - Shubman Gill is Shaw's replacement... so he's your fielder, yes?

PM received from Tino:

From Mind the windows Tino. To Pal Joey, Yesterday at 21:39

Yo, PJ.

1) Batting - Smith/Labuschagne & Pujara/Rahane. Bowling - Cummins/Hazlewood & Ashwin/Bumrah

2) Labuschagne & Rahane

3) Paine

4) Australia & bat

5) Australia

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:12 am

Pal Joey wrote:Duty,
Also, just to confirm - Shubman Gill is Shaw's replacement... so he's your fielder, yes?

Ta for letting me know.

We'll go for Siraj instead of Shami, and yes Gill as the fielder. Thanks. thumbsup

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:25 am

Duty281 wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Duty,

Ta for letting me know.

We'll go for Siraj instead of Shami, and yes Gill as the fielder. Thanks. thumbsup

Great. OK

All done except for JD and Soul.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:33 pm

Merry Christmas to everyone!

1 - Marnus, Green, Cummins, Hazlewood
Pujara, Gill, Jadeja, Bumrah

2 - Marnus, Rahane

3 - Paine

4 - Australia, bat

5 - Australia

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:35 pm

KP_fan wrote:here are  my revisions for T2

Interested to see how this strategy goes! KPF going for the bowling points! Very Happy

JDizzle

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:35 pm

Makes me think of the Bill Shankly quote:
''The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game.''

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:00 am

Points Table
2nd Test, Day 1:

1157 JDizzle [263] *#
1084 Tino [263] *#
1059 Gooseberry [256]
1013 James [216]
996 Guildfordbat [238] *#
952 Alfie [279] *#
821 Pal Joey [147] *#
760 KP_Fan [245]
721 Olly [206]
627 Duty [187] *#
605 Soul Requiem [175]

* denotes correct pick Australia win toss
# denotes correct pick Australia elected to bat

Average score: 890 [225]

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:20 pm

guildfordbat wrote:

Makes me think of the Bill Shankly quote:
''The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game.''

Think you need to add a spirit of the game rule, or just stop giving batting and bowling points to all selections. As it stands hes just being smart, the scoring balance is in favour of the bowlers unless its new zealand at home.

Gooseberry

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next